(Close Window)
Topic: "Believe" by Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller
Does anybody remember the "Cassandra Deck" - by Docc Hilford? Back in 1999 Docc made a buzz in magic when he invited no more than 50 professional mentalists to be privy to a wonderful mentalism/magic effect and principle and own this now famed special deck. This knowledge did not come cheap and for this privilege to be in a special group of Magician/Mentalists who could perform the “Cassandra deck” they each paid $100! Once the 50 decks were gone the magic community and many Professional Magi tried in vane to obtain one but to no avail. Docc kept the secret exclusive for four years.

Flash forward seven years to 2006…….. “Believe”

It has happened again. I hope the magic/Mentalism community is ready for what is coming their way. I am here today to review an amazing and devastating piece of mentalism that was created by two amazing magicians from Ohio. Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller. “Believe” was the brainchild of Aaron DeLong and Justin helped him iron out some of the details and add some great things to it. This effect is only being offered by Justin at his lectures to a select few. This will not be sold to the general public and there are only a small amount being sold. Trust me when I say that this is something everyone will want to have. I was privileged to be the first to own
“Believe” besides Aaron and Justin and for that I am grateful. I feel the same way that they both do that I am very sad that this will be offered to more than just the three of us. I would be glad for this to remain hidden forever. As that is not the case I will tell you what you need to know about “Believe”.

“Believe” is not only a new effect but utilizes a completely new principle in magic/mentalism that has not been seen before. That principle has a plethora of applications that will aid the performer in many situations. The effect itself is a multi part reveal and mind read of a spectator from the small and intimate setting to a large stage performance.

Let me break it down like this for you.
1. A spectator chooses a card.
2. The spectator thinks of a word that is special to them. Could be a name or what have you.
3. The spectator never says the name to you or anyone.
4. As you follow the patter you reveal the name of the card.
5. To add to that you then pull out an envelope that has been sealed and dated. Inside that envelope is a card. The card that your spectator choose.
6. Now it is time to make the spectator “Believe”! You turn the card over and written on the back of the card is the word they only thought of!

It is hard to give this effect the justice it deserves in words alone. It is so strong and powerful in performances and is able to be adapted to anyone’s performing style and personality. Aaron and Justin have created something that is near perfect. No spectator or magician will be able to go home and reverse engineer this effect. They have placed roadblocks and detours in all the proper areas that will leave you “Believing” and with your head spinning.

My advice to the magic/Mentalism community is to find out when Justin Miller is lecturing and beg him to let you into the “Believe” club and then keep the secret close and never jeopardize it. For what they have created is something so profound that people will have no other option but to “Believe” you read their minds.

Cheers,

Cody J.H. Pace
Sounds incredible. Hey, Justin, are you lecturing in Florida any time soon?
Cody,

Thank you for such a great review. I still have so much fun doing this routine for people and I am glad you are enjoying it as well.

Have you had anyone tell you to leave the table yet? I revisited a table I had performed this at and the ladies asked me to leave because they had just come to terms with what I had done to them! HAHAHA! We all laughed together and I bid them goodnight.

Cheers,
Aaron
So one can only purchase this at a lecture? How much is it?
Any demo?
Wow,
I got a call from Aaron today and man am I glad I did..BRAVO BUD! You deserve it!!!
To answer some questions. I lectured in florida last year no plans that I know of yet to lecture again this year but I will keep in touch.
There will NOT be a demo of this due to the Exclusivity of the effect.
They are priced at $50 and the dvd (when made) will be given to all of you who have purchased it at no additional charge.
Justin Miller
Ouch! Sucks that it will only be exclusive. Best of luck and fun with "Believe".
It's killer...I saw Justin lecture here in Vancouver and picked one up - I'm still working on the presentation of it to tailor it to my own personality but the method is definitely solid. It's basically ready to go into your act out of the package. I will give this a more solid review once I've done it for lay audiences but as an effect it certainly seems like it will play strong.

It's fantastic. Great work to both of you!
Why does it suck that something is exclusive? I say its a good thing!

We need more secrets and more "exclusive" effects.
It will suck for [b]ME[/b] that's what I meant about it. I agree on your comment, it just sucks that I will miss out on it, that's all.
Paisa23,
I do apologize... sort of, for releasing an effect like this and only to tease the community with 100 of them.

Just some info on the release of this effect - I am only making 100. I will release them for now through Justin Miller's lectures only. He takes 10 with him to every lecture. That means 10 lectures from now, he may sell them all. We have already released 6 into the world. Only 94 left. If I were you, I would find a way to get to one of Justin's lectures.

The reason for exclusiveness? I only wanted true performers to get their hands on this piece, not merely the curious. I will not apologize for the price. You will slay audiences with this effect. My word is my bond and I will not release anymore than 100. Besides, they take a really long time to make and I have no desire to make more than 100. :)

Cheers,
Aaron

Oh and I will be keeping this exclusive for 3 years.
Yep very sad, lots of magicians who are true performers, can't help it if he doesn't lecture in their town!!!
Will there be any lectures around Columbus anytime soon?

Joe
Aaron DeLong
Do not even Semi apologize, its fine and I completely understand. For the most part my initial post was just kinda sarcasm. I often refer to people on this site, how it sucks to be stationed in Iceland and not be able to go to any lectures so forth and so on. Its fine it wont kill me. I leave Iceland here on Thursday, go to Jersey for two weeks then Texas for two weeks then I am stationed in Montana. From what I am hearing is that there are few lectures up in that area as well. Thanks for acknowledging my post but again its not a big deal. You guys enjoy what sounds to be an incredible effect.
Justin is going to be in TX soon. You should PM to find out where. Maybe you will be there at the same time.

Iceland sounds amazing! Are you from there or just stationed there for now?
Are you going to be at Mindvention this year? Any chance we'll see Believe there?
Stationed here. Leave Thursday and will be in Texas after the 4th for two weeks. Doubt the same area ill be in Amarillo and more towards Mexico to see the in laws.
John,
I will not be at Mindvention and due to the exclusiveness of this project, I am not trying to have this demoed everywhere. I have no intent to make it that commercially available. Although, I perform this all the time. Either catch me or Justin in action to see it. Sorry to say that.
Aaron
[quote]
On 2006-07-16 19:55, jussy wrote:
They are priced at $50 and the dvd (when made) will be given to all of you who have purchased it at no additional charge.
Justin Miller

[/quote]

Hi Justin,

Any chance of making these available on your web site?

Thanks
Phil
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 18, 2006 01:19PM)
I must admit for those of us that don't live in the US, it is a little unfair. The effect sounds nice etc, and it sounds like a great trick, but I'm not paying hundreds, maybe even thousands to go to America just to see the lecture to buy the effect. I understand about its limited etc, but even the Cassandra deck was available to magicians worldwide, just once the decks were gone, they were gone.

'The reason for exclusiveness? I only wanted true performers to get their hands on this piece, not merely the curious'

Some people who attend these lectures are purely hobbyists, yet they are getting this opportunity over professional workers who don't have the opportunity to go and see a lecture. I am offering the price of the effect and to pay shipping for this, and it would still keep its exclusive rights as there are only so many being made
I agree, Christopher. I perform professionally and I don't get to many conventions because of time and money. There are a lot of hobbists at conventions. Only selling them at lectures doesn't guarantee that they're only going to pros.
I must apologize for my wording there Chris - I only meant that the cost of it alone would ward off most people, such as a hobbyist or the curious.

I want this in the hands of pros because they are the ones who will appreciate this effect. I gave exclusive rights to Justin at the beginning and that has not changed. I am sorry if that upsets everyone. None of you would know about this effect had it not been for Justin sharing this with Cody.

I certainly had no idea that so many people would be as excited about this effect as I am.

So my apologies to all, but I am sure you can all appreciate the fact that someone out there has the integrity to stick to their word.

Cheers,
Aaron
We eagerly await the Aaron DeLong/justin miller worldtour....... I mean uk tour.

best of luck
paul

One thing that does puzzle me, is $50 dollars a lot of money in the U.S, maybe it's because the exchange is good for uk but that seems cheap. I heard people saying toibox was pricey at $25 I cant get a decent meal for that in london, let alone a decent magic trick.
I completely understand, Aaron. And I do appreciate your inegrity. I know you didn't start this thread. It's just frustrating to have this carrot dangling in front of you with no real opportunity to get your hands on it.

Incidentally, I find that some of the hobbists and curious are the ones with big bank accounts who do spend a lot of money on secrets. At the convention I went to last year, I saw a guy who was clearly a hobbists drop hundreds of dollars on props I'm sure he'll never actually use. The demonstrater demonstrated and this guy just kept buying. Simply because he could.
One other quick point. It's nice to see a product being sold once it is ready rather than using the shoddy approach of taking pre-orders months before delivery..... I'm sure you could have done that and made a heap more money but nice to see magicians with integrity. Still annoyed I wont be getting it but good work.

Paul
[quote]
On 2006-07-16 22:43, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Oh and I will be keeping this exclusive for 3 years.
[/quote]
What happens after the three years are up?
Doug,
Not sure yet. Maybe nothing. But at that point I may release it to the magic fraternity through a dealer or what not. I may even just publish it in a book at that point. We will wait for 3 years from now.
Cool.
Where can we see a lecture schedule?
That is a big question for Justin who is on vacation right now. He will be back tomorrow....

I will ask him then.
Hey Aaron,

What's a cool cat like you doing in a sleazy joint like this? HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry couldn't help myself. :bg:

I have to throw in my 2 cents here. I recently had the honor of seeing Aaron perform this effect. It just about knocked me off of my chair. If you haven't seen this performed, you simply don't understand the power and impact that this effect has. I'm still scratching my head on this one. I understand and fully support the exlusiveness and price of this effect. It is just WAY too strong to be in the hands of the mere curious who may never even perform, or worse...perform it BADLY. Kudos to you Aaron and Justin. This one will serve you guys well. It was truly an honor being floored by this one. Keep up the great work my friend.

:cheers:

Phil
[quote]
On 2006-07-20 23:26, Aaron DeLong wrote:
That is a big question for Justin who is on vacation right now. He will be back tomorrow....

I will ask him then.
[/quote]

Sounds great Aaron, Thank-you very much I am really looking forward to one of his lectures.

Joe
Thanks for your kind words Phil. I am really glad you liked it.

Also, a hot tip for everyone interested in seeing Believe. Justin recently did a restaurant workers video that includes a performance only of Believe. The DVD he did also has a ton of other workers on it as well.

Get info about the DVD here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=167066&forum=111

Or type in Live at the Jailhouse in the search bar and it will bring it up.

Cheers,
Aaron
Ahhhhh...I love living in Columbus. So much good magic and good magicians around here.

I was fortunate enough to see a performance of Believe. It really is an awesome routine and some pretty creative thinking by Aaron. I have yet to see Justin do it, but hope to run into the new proud papa soon.

This routine is one of those few that really was as clean as it is described. From what I could tell, it appears that it would be very convenient for a strolling performer in that I think you only have to grab another sealed envelope and you are ready to go. It is definitely a multi-climax, kick em in the head stunner that will have them and myself "Believing."
Well I've developed a devastating effect too and none of you....do you hear me?...NONE of you can have it. Stop now. Don't even think about it. A totally new and shockingly effective method. It's so exclusive and so powerful.... I'm not even allowing myself to perform it.
Wow,
Now I want it!
Justin Miller
Oombob,
Too funny!

I am overjoyed to tell you that Justin and I spoke this morning and due to the massive response to Believe, he is releasing me from my commitment to only sell these through his lectures. They are still available at his lectures, but now you can get them from me if he is not coming to a town near you. I am still only making 100 of them, so if you are interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
Aaron
:smiles:
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 29, 2006 02:47PM)
I received this about a week ago now, No#14, and think it is great. Very clever thinking and a trick a lot of people will use. I have pretty much completely stripped it down and streamlined it for me to use in the environments I am use to, and for the pocket space etc I use. I sent Aaron my thoughts on this and he then improved my thoughts which just made the effect so much better. Within days of owning this and playing a lot with it, I did something I don't usually do. I threw it into my act at a gig just days after getting it. Why? Because it is that good and not difficult but does exactly what it says on the ad. Highly recommended
Thanks Chris!

I must say that everyone who gets Believe should contact Chris and see if he is willing to come off of his method and share it with you. It is a wonderful application of the BELIEVE idea and made it oh so easy to carry with you everywhere. Good job Chris!

Cheers,
Aaron
And just to clarify... MY KILLER EYE-POPPING EFFECT....which utilises:

• A d*ck of Bicycle playing c*rds

will remain UNAVAILABLE. to EVERYONE,

FOREVER.

...so enough with the PMs already.

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 2:44am
...and yes, it was ideal for the strolling performer by the way,

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 3:20am
...dang....where's the "delete my stupid posts" button?

I believe "BELIEVE" sounds remarkable ...Aaron and Justin have great reputations ...I would travel far to see one of these lectures.
Hey guys and gals, (and fellow kryptonians)
My new lecture schedule is up and runnin on http://www.closeupartist.com
check it out! Hopefully I will be in your neck of da woods soon.
Justin Miller
[quote]
On 2006-07-16 19:55, jussy wrote:
Wow,
I got a call from Aaron today and man am I glad I did..BRAVO BUD! You deserve it!!!
To answer some questions. I lectured in florida last year no plans that I know of yet to lecture again this year but I will keep in touch.
Justin Miller

[/quote]

will you demo this at SEAM this weekend?

Best-
Magicmind
Magicmind,
I think he is going to have it at his dealer table.

Aaron
I just might have to do another review ;)
Yes,
I will present it at my lecture on Sat. and a LIMITED number will be available at my dealer table.
Justin Miller
I have recently recieved this, and have to say it is totally worth every penny. The basic idea is very clever and incredibly strong. I have played around with the set up a little to suit my performing style and working environment

What I like most about it is that it can be done close , parlour or stage. Can be done as straight mentalism type effect or like I do it, as a comedy routine with the best finale ever.

Like Cristopher Williams I have thrown it straight in the routine, because it is that strong and that simple to do. Since purchasing this I have performed this at least 20 times and it has not failed to get a great response.

Forget rubbish self levitations this is an effect that will having people believe you are a miracle worker.

Thanks Aaron and Justin.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 1, 2006 02:39PM)
I performed this last night, and reactions are still incredible. Im performing this everyday with my stremalined handling, and the spectators cant believe it, the wont believe it. I had some people come up to me after and tell me it was great to actually see such an effect performed to them in person. They said these types of impossible effects are performed on TV all the time, and that they don't usually Believe a word the magician says, but seeing it for their own eyes to them makes them Believe in Magic again!!
[quote]
On 2006-08-01 12:01, jussy wrote:
Yes,
I will present it at my lecture on Sat. and a LIMITED number will be available at my dealer table.
Justin Miller
[/quote]

So I have to wait until Saturday to see this? Will this be done per request only at your booth til then?
This is a very strong effect. It's direct and packs a powerful punch to the extent it can 'out-eclipse' other routines you may have performed in terms of the sheer impact it generates. Spectator response is one of mind-numbing, heart-stopping disbelief. They are simply unable to comprehend what just happened. A spectator told me at the weekend it felt like being hit by a train. I haven't had a reaction like that in a long time!

'Believe' is also a pleasure to perform. The routine is well structured and logical, nothing difficult or complicated, which means the performer can concentrate on the presentation. Yes, it can be done almost 'out-of-the-bag', but it deserves the time and effort to maximize the miracle status it deserves.

Aaron provides a routine that will allow adaptation to suit individual styles, so the effect can be tailored as necessary. Chris Williams has a great handling that works extremely well and can be used in almost any situation.

Overall, I cannot rate this highly enough. 'Believe' is everything that magic or mentalism should be and more. It provides the performer with a fantastic vehicle to entertain in a compelling and potentially memorable way that spectators will remember for a long time.

Get it if you can.
Chris, Paul and Gary,

Keep it coming! I love to hear how much fun everyone is having with this!

Cheers,
Aaron

PS - does anyone else have this effect and have stories to share?
Yea I do.
WHERE ARE U? Call me asap!!
Justin Miller
[quote]
On 2006-08-01 19:05, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Chris, Paul and Gary,

Keep it coming! I love to hear how much fun everyone is having with this!

Cheers,
Aaron

PS - does anyone else have this effect and have stories to share?
[/quote]

NO! But now I want one. I was going to pass this one up and help keep it exclusive due to the sheer powerfulness of the effect, but now that more reviews keep pouring in like rain on a hot day... I want one!!! I want to post my own stories too guys. I feel left out now. :cry: It's OK....I'll get over it...I'm a big boy! :lol:

Keep up the great work guys. This effect is friggin' AWESOME! Laters.

Phil
[quote]
On 2006-07-29 10:15, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Oombob,
Too funny!

I am overjoyed to tell you that Justin and I spoke this morning and due to the massive response to Believe, he is releasing me from my commitment to only sell these through his lectures. They are still available at his lectures, but now you can get them from me if he is not coming to a town near you. I am still only making 100 of them, so if you are interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
Aaron
[/quote]

To the last comment: you can now buy this effect online. I can also add my recommendation for it. It's awesome.
Where can you get this online?
[quote]
On 2006-07-29 17:08, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Thanks Chris!

I must say that everyone who gets Believe should contact Chris and see if he is willing to come off of his method and share it with you. It is a wonderful application of the BELIEVE idea and made it oh so easy to carry with you everywhere. Good job Chris!

Cheers,
Aaron
[/quote]

I've also now had the priviledge of reading Chris's handling on Believe and have to agree that it definitely makes it more portable. It's also extremely clever and practical. Both of these effects are awesome and I highly recommend them.

Alym
Thanks Alym! I knew you would like Chris' handling of Believe.
One & important question - Does "Believe" will work with foreign language?
Absolutely. If you can write a word on a card in your language, you can do it.

Aaron....thanks for the release. Dynamite concept and I have had great success with this in the week that I have been doing it. You are correct, there is no way they can go back and try to recreate this in their minds.

Sure winner.
Thanks Mike! I am so glad you are enjoying it!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 3, 2006 03:33PM)
Just curious Aaron, how many are left?
Justin has some and I have some.... I don't know the exact number of SOLD. He is out on tour right now, so I won't know until he gets back.
I just bought one at the SEAM convention. Read thru this and WOW! I cannot wait to perform this. Nothing difficult, just concentrate on performing. So,how many will be made? Will this really be held back from release for awhile? Chris, I would also LOVE to know what your doing with this over in England. Also, you mention "#14" ...mine is not numbered, is it supposed to be?
Can this be streamlined without using a playing card reveal? In other words, just have the sealed envelope and when the envelope is opened, the thought of word is there written?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 4, 2006 03:55AM)
Absolutely. In fact, that would make everything soooooo much easier, but that then changes the effect completely, as it would eliminate the card they chose section matching the card in the envelope. The great thing is with this is it is NO FORCE, ANY card can be named. However, you could easily do the effect with a little bit of thinking and have the word appear in the envelope say on the back of your business card or something. Anyone who cant figure out how to do this, and has the effect, PM me
Candini,

I had thought of using playing cards per se... but have exotic vacation spots on the faces. Have 52 if you like. But a place is what they choose instead of a playing card with a value, like 8 clubs. Instead they choose a card with London, England or some other place. Then reveal that instead of a playing card as well as a place/thing thought of.

This may not make much sense to you unless you have the effect. Sorry, but I can't give away too much.

MAGICMIND - Yes, there are really only going to be 100 of these made and then nothing for 3 years. After that time, I may put it into a booklet and have it officially published. Also, of the first batch of 20 that I made, I did not number ten of them. I had to get them to Justin for a lecture quickly and forgot to number them. That is why yours does not have a number on it. Sorry for that. All the rest have been numbered.

Cheers,
Aaron
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 4, 2006 06:45AM)
[quote]
On 2006-08-04 07:40, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Candini,

I had thought of using playing cards per se... but have exotic vacation spots on the faces. Have 52 if you like. But a place is what they choose instead of a playing card with a value, like 8 clubs. Instead they choose a card with London, England or some other place. Then reveal that instead of a playing card as well as a place/thing thought of.

[/quote]

Or, perhaps get them to think of a country they have been to or want to go to, and the thought of word can be a city in that country, or do like a confabulation type effect where they name the date etc they want to go on. that's the thing with this awesome effect, its possibilites are unlimted to the imagination, its a Utility, ie it can be cahanged to suit different occasions and effects, don't just think the one effect as described can be performed
Thanks for information. I must have read the desciption a dozen times. Since this is a new effect, I know that certain things are not used with this which is good.

Is asking if the envelope is in plain view the entire time giving away too much?

Thanks.

Candini
The envelope is not in plain view, but I have a method where the envelope could be shown at the beginning of the routine with the item already in it. Once purchased, I can go over the ins and outs of this.

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 10:33am
About the above... there is obviously a switch involved.... but it can be done to create the illusion of it having been there since the beginning of the routine. Pull it out, show item is inside, put away.... ROUTINE... SWITCH... pull out other one to do big reveal. If you follow.... shake your head. (As I am obviously psychic, I will know whether or not you got that.)

Cheers,
Aaron
Believe is HUGE success here at SEAM! I only have 10 left for the lecture tomorrow..all the others at my dealer table HAVE BEEN SOLD! the lecture is at 10 am..see you there.
Justin Miller
Aaron the effect sounds amazing and I'm definately considering picking one up. I have a quick question though and I don't think it has been asked yet. I'm naturally assuming the name the person thinks of must also be written down at some point during the routine, is that correct?
Doesn't have to be. They can speak it out loud if you would like.
Pretty dawg gone baffling then.
Trust me, every angle you are concerned about is addressed and covered thoroughly in the manual that you recieve with everything else. Ask anyone who has posted here.

I tried to make sure I covered all my bases and then some. I also tried to leave as much as possible room for personal exploration. That way you didn't feel trapped into doing one specific routine with it. Many BELIEVERS have come to find out for themselves how versatile this principle is.

Umm... by the way... Criss Angel has his THE LOYAL... ahem... and I have the BELIEVERS!!! My wife and I have been chuckling about that one for days!

Cheers,
Aaron
For those who don't have this, get it. I used it again last night in the restaurant I work and the responses just get better and better. People don't even ask how you did it , they're are just freaked out.

Like aaron said you can take the basic idea and really change it to suit. I used the methods suggested by Chris Williams for the start which is superb, and finished with a completely different method for the end.

The gimmick provided allows you to perform an unreal piece of mentalism which can me moulded to suit your level of skill and performing style.

Thanks again
Paul
I am really looking forward to getting Tony's new Triple Threat Card Wallet and combining a few of the features of that wallet with this effect. This effect stands strong on its own, but there are a few ideas brewing and now I just need Tony to get those wallets out.
Michael,
I couldn't agree with you more on that.

Aaron
Man I one of the lucky ones to get this and I thought I would have to fly to the States at first;)
Aaron is easy to order from and wow his pm response time wil make you believe that he is trapped somewhere in the Café. I just can't wait to get this and I will write up my thoughts when I do.

magicmike30
HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP!!!!

That's the response I got when I tried this out for some friends over the weekend. They just couldn't believe it. They wouldn't believe it. Thanks Aaron for making me one of your "Believers". This is truly a masterpiece and a joy (and breeze) to perform. For those of you who can...GET THIS! And thanks to you too Chris Williams for sharing your method with me. Chris's method is the way I presented it this weekend and people were literally shaking there heads in disbelief. If you want to perform "the impossible" then this is for you. Great job Aaron and Justin. I am now a true "Believer".

Phil
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 8, 2006 03:45AM)
Awesome Phil! Glad to hear it, those of you who don't have it who are scared it will just take up more pocket space, my handling eliminates the use of pocket space being used, by using something you already have on you. In my handling, if you have a piece of paper and a deck of cards, you can perform this effect! It still gets great reactions
Chris was kind enough to send me his method yesterday. It is a great addition to a phenomenal routine! Thank you Aaron and Chris!!

Tom
A lot of people are asking, so I am going to clarify with no intent to damage either application of the Believe principle.

I originally released the Believe principle in the format that every one else has received. Chris took the principle and applied it to another idea, but the end result is still the same. He did eliminate a portion of the routine I wrote with his application.

But remember, in altering my routine for what he saw was a necessary change for him does not mean that you must incorporate it to get a maximization of the effect. Having said that, Chris' application is wonderful, but for me it changes the way I wanted the effect to play out. I wanted it to be a piece of mentalism that the spec would not be able to pinpoint as a Card Trick.

If you know Chris' method, you know that the deck, albeit cased, is kept in play the entire time. I feel that the removal of the deck allows the spec to relax and not look for sleight of hand. For me, anytime I have a deck of cards in my hands, they are being burned by the specs. The removal of the deck causes them to relax. It is only my opinion on the matter, but I just wanted to clarify for all those of you that have been asking me on PM.

Again, Chris' method is worth a try. Everyone enjoy both methods!

Cheers,
Aaron
I recieved this today, and have had a good look and this is absolutely amazing. I love it, and even though I have not tried it out yet (I have only just got it) I can tell that this is a very strong effect and I can't wait to try it out. Just need to get some envelopes and I'll be set. Thanks for this effect, it really is as good as everyone says. Thanks.
My pleasure John. Now get back on here and let us know once you have done it for someone.

Cheers,
Aaron
Believe is a very clever combination of principles that make the method invisible to the spectators. The props are natural, simple, and replaceable.

For walkaround type purposes and casual performances, Chris Williams' handling of Believe reduces the number of props to manage. As Aaron notes, keeping the deck in play longer may also reduce the feeling of pure mentalism. (To spectators, cards equal a card trick.) However, Chris's approach seems perfect for certain situations, as noted. After you buy Believe, ask Chris to share his handling. Then you're double trouble . . .

As many posters have said, Believe is a fantastic routine, with built-in misdirection at the necessary moments and a powerful multiple climax.

Cheers,
Jerry
Hey everyone,

If you have purchased a Believe directly from me, I am filming the official video tonight. It will be emailed to everyone through the info provided from the paypal purchases. All future purchases will receive the video as well.

And guess what... Chris has given me the go ahead to include his application of the Believe principle on the video. So Chris, your PM box can take a rest for a bit. :)

Enjoy everyone and keep the success stories coming in. I love to read what everyone is doing with this.

Cheers,
Aaron
Aaron,

Great "customer service"! -- thanks!

I look forward to seeing the video.

Cheers,
Jerry
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 10, 2006 01:23PM)
[quote]
On 2006-08-10 10:51, Aaron DeLong wrote:
And guess what... Chris has given me the go ahead to include his application of the Believe principle on the video. So Chris, your PM box can take a rest for a bit. :)

[/quote]

THANKS!!! Lol, not that I mind one bit emailing out several a day, but in such a short time, that 100 has to nearly be up, and I'm sure almost everyone has PMed me who has one! :)

Hope everyone enjoys this and still uses it. Its a great effect my Aaron. Cant wait for the proper video :D
I messed it up last night and had to just pull the card with the word on the back out of my pocket. Guess what.... It still got a great reaction.

I must add the mistake was completely my fault (my own stupidity) and nothing to do with the trick which is very easy.

still loving this trick

paul
Yes, I agree with the service and also with "jerdunn's" review on this. Looking forward to the video and Chris' routine as well.

Best
John
Paul,

It has happened to me too. I forgot to get another envelope ready and right in the middle of the routine, I didn't have one to put the card into. AAAARRRGGGHH!!! I pulled it off anyway. And true to the actual impossibility of the effect, it still went over well.

LOL! Thanks for sharing! Even when it didn't go so well. :)

Aaron

Posted: Aug 10, 2006 4:15pm
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 14:23, Christopher Williams wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-10 10:51, Aaron DeLong wrote:
And guess what... Chris has given me the go ahead to include his application of the Believe principle on the video. So Chris, your PM box can take a rest for a bit.

THANKS!!! Lol, not that I mind one bit emailing out several a day, but in such a short time, that 100 has to nearly be up, and I'm sure almost everyone has PMed me who has one!

Hope everyone enjoys this and still uses it. Its a great effect my Aaron. Cant wait for the proper video

Chris,
You are right. I am down to the last 30 available. They sell on an average of 4 a day. So if you want one, better get a move on.

Aaron
Can't wait for the video! :)
Just for information I ordered this item from Aaron late on Friday night and the parcel dropped through my door first thing Wednesday morning. Oh by the way I live in the UK ... you cannot get much better service than that.

Sorry Chris, I am one of the people clogging up your PM box. Really looking forward to seeing the video.
Wow I wonder when I get my much too soon santa gift dropped in ;-)! After reading all those great reviews it got me even more anxious.
Just order mine cant wait!!!
Video has been shot. We are rendering now and figuring out how to get it out to you guys!

Posted: Aug 10, 2006 11:02pm
OK, the video is 48 minutes long. It covers my routine, Chris' handling, some extra tid bits that include some additional convincers, additional Magician foolers and much more. It also includes something that I haven't tipped to anyone directly and have been holding out on. Something I know that will help make doing Believe like slipping into a warm bath. The video looks fantastic.

The downfall to it being so long is that I am going to have to edit it into 3 parts and email them seperately. That is going to take a few days, but if my production company is right about the time that will take, I should be able to start sending it out on Sunday night. Lets cross our fingers.

Until then.... BELIEVE.
Aaron
Yousendit.com!!

Depending on the size of the file, it may just work :D
Yesterday I showed this to my nephew (I always show my new stuff to him) and he couldn't BELIEVE it. He just couldn't understand what just happened, it was great. I showed him using Christopher Williams handling (Which is an excellent alternative to the original handling). Tonight I will doing it again (Not to my nephew, but to other family members), but this time using Aaron Delongs handling. I can't wait to see how this goes down. I love this effect and can't wait for the video. Thanks.
Sorry guys! If you have been trying to PM me, my box was full. I deleted a lot of PMs, but they were still in my trash box. My fault. If you have tried before and it failed, please try again.
Well...the "gasp" you get when performing this make it a top piece in my act. I have spent more $$ before with less results. Justin was a great addition to the SEAM convention last weekend. PLEASE guys....support the little guys work here Aaron and Justin, I cannot thank you enough!!! Can you use your list of people that are waiting on this video as an exclusive list for your next pieces?
Magicmind,

You better BELIEVE that I will do just that.

(grinning from ear to ear at the use of great product placement in the middle of my sentence):)
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 6:40pm
Everyone,
I will be out of town for the weekend. I will try to get to the PMs and questions asap, but if a computer is not available, I will be back on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted: Aug 12, 2006 9:00pm
Ok everyone,

There are only 10 left. Once they are gone, they are gone. The secret gets locked up and only those of you who have made the leap of faith get to perform this.

Remember to keep the secret to yourselves. That is the purpose of keeping it exclusive. It is something only you know how to do. Making you that guy in your area who can do something that no one else is doing.

Cheers,
Aaron
I'll take one if you accept paypal, thx!

richard
PM'd you for one.
5 left.
.... we 100 must get ready to do the Happy dance when they run out....
I agree Dr. Spektor, I can not wait to get this in the mail
You definitely won't be disappointed, this is one of the greatest effects to come along in a while.
2 left.

Posted: Aug 13, 2006 1:41pm
-------------------------------------------------
And they are gone!!!! Just received the final order and they are gone.

Thank you everyone for making this such a huge success! I hope you enjoy BELIEVE and I would love for you to continue posting what you are doing with this effect!

Here's to [b]Believing![/b]

Aaron
Cheers.
Is the video still likely to be ready this evening? I guess you might be a bit busy with parcels this evening :D
<<Happy dance happy dance>>>
What? Gone? All of them? :arg: :arg: Now I'm gonna to buy 10 things that I don't need to make up for not having BELIEVE..:angrypirate:
I received the video tonight and it looks great. I have to enter all of the emails and get them out. Sorry for the delay, but I should have it out to you tomorrow evening at the latest.
Yo man!

congrats! Ive heard big things about this (I guess this was what you were talking about at the open house in april) and I was wondering if Im going to get to see it at camp?

If not, we better at least be snuggling...

B train
Chris........I've PM'd you about your version. Please respond.

-Brian

Posted: Aug 14, 2006 4:21am
Aaron......how can I get the video? I own "Believe" #16.
Thanks,
Brian
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 14, 2006 04:09AM)
Calm down tuffnayyrn, I'm a busy man. I don't always have time to do things instantly. I read your PM then had to leave, I was going to deal with it when I got back
Ben,
Hey man! Glad to hear you are coming to camp! No, this isn't the effect I was talking about. That was my impromptu haunted deck. It is posted here on the Café as well. I don't know if the video is still working though.

But to answer your question, yes, I will have this at camp this year.

Cheers,
Aaron

PS - to everyone who cares, the camp we are talking about is here - http://www.sorcererssafari.ca
Hey cool - you'll be around Toronto when Max Maven and Eugene Burger are around - its going to be a magical plutonium stockpile of goodness in Ontario!
Yes, I will be in Toronto on Aug. 25, leave for camp in Haliburton the following day and return to spend a day or so in Toronto on the 2 and 3 of September. I usually get to visit Browser's Den before I leave, so maybe I will see some of you around!

Cheers,
Aaron

PS - The video will be sent out tonight if everything goes ok. I am new to all this emailing videos, so my apologies if there is a delay.

Posted: Aug 14, 2006 10:24pm
Video dropped! I am sending it right now, with only 20 minutes left until you all receive it. It will be coming from yousendit.com, so turn off your spam alerts!!!

For your entertainment only: Here is a fun list of where Believe has wound up.

BELIEVERS WORLDWIDE: 15 United Kingdom, 4 Canada, 2 Singapore, Israel, France, Ireland, The Netherlands, Malaysia, Denmark, Australia, Belgium and Germany! All the rest have been US orders.

Cheers,
Aaron
Proud to be a Canadian BELIEVER!

(uh......as opposed to a Canadian beaver.....that's something else.)
I just tried to play the video and it stops playing at 1:48 seconds of play time. Has anyone else had this problem. If so I know our Amigo Aaron will take care of it for us. Three Cheers for Aaron Delong and Justin Miller! Horrah, Horrah, Horrah!

Cody JH Pace
My Vid was just fine. Excellent quality and explained in detail. Thanks Aaron, now I just need to have this arrive in the mail and I'm good to go.

RandyM
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 15, 2006 04:06AM)
The video works fine for me as well. Just a thought, for those that have the plus wallet, this works great going into the ID Case instead of an envlope if you don't want to play with the envelope
I would tell everyone to make sure they have the most recently updated version of quicktime for this file to be viewed. Sometimes it is just a matter of having the right codecs to watch it. Visit http://www.quicktime.com and follow the links to get your player updated.

If you are still having trouble, try redownloading it from the link provided.

Still having trouble, PM me and I will see what I can do.

For those of you that got it ahead of receiving it, your packages will be there soon.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 15, 2006 05:40AM)
Or, download a media player called VLC. Go to a search engine and type in 'Vlc Media player'. It plays every file that a video can be played in
Kudos to Mr. DeLong and Mr. Williams for some great ideas! I havnt receieved mine in the mail yet, but the video was spectacular.
The video is great - I'm still looking at my mailbox awaiting! Nice cool effect...! For all those who didn't buy in time - imagine Nelson from the Simpson's famous quote.
The video plays perfectly on my Mac.
I received mine in the mail yesterday from Aaron and just wanted to give a quick review. I really don't know what to say other than this is one of the best effects I have purchased in a very, very, long time. I am grateful that Aaron chose to only release 100 of these; I actually wish fewer had been released...it is that good!!

Effect: 10/10
The effect is well thought out, with appropriate misdirection in the perfect spots. Aaron has provided a very well structured rountine that I feel can be easily adapted to your perfromance style.

Instructions: 10/10
The instructions provided are very clear and easy to follow. I had not received the video when I began reading the instructions, but was easily able to follow along with props in hand and get a full understanding of the effect and presentation. Once I received the video, it only made it better. Kudos to Aaron for actually supplying a useful accompanying video (many products today miss the point of "useful" entirely).

Customer Service: 12/10
Aarons customer service is impeccable. I PM'd Aaron a few time to get information or ask a questions, and in most cases, received a response in just an hour or so. Once again, the video provided was extremely helpful and was just an added bit of customer service that Aaron provided.

I would highly recommend this with no reservations. Great job, Aaron.
Aaron, very great thinking. The ideas made used are simple yet extremely effective and powerful. It could have been conceived by anyone who is willing to take the time to study and research on mentalism, and I'm glad you did. Great usage on old concepts on modern applications, and great combination of subtlefuges and existing magic props.

Nice one.
[b]Simon[/b],
Thank you sir. I felt from the beginning that I couldn't believe that someone hadn't thought of this before. With all the effects that utilize this simple prop, none have gone this way before. Thanks again.
Aaron - I ordered Believe at a magic lecture so I donno if I'm on your email list...
I didn't get a copy yet :(
DeLong and de short of it... sooo brilliant ... completely exceeds my expectations. I picture myself an old man and not tiring of this effect. Total stun-gun.

Thanks.
I concur oombob - it's killer. Tried it today finally for a lay audience and it just stuns them; they donno what to do.
Hey Alym... always nice to hear from a fellow Canadian, fellow graphic designer, fellow magician... and fellow believer!
Oombob - where are you in canada?
Oombob... so glad to hear that!
Man... thanks Aaron....and thanks Justin. I gambled on the purchase of this effect... could've been an unworkable piece of hype. Instead a window thrown open and the sweet smell of fresh magical thinking.

As we Canadians are prone to say...."beauty."

respectfully,

ombob
Thanks again Oombob. It makes me smile :) to know that you enjoy it.

What was your specs reation the first time you did it?
Alright just got mne in the mail!! #94 cant wait to get into this one thanks Aaron
Let me know once you have fooled someone Deputy.
[quote]
On 2006-08-17 08:47, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Thanks again Oombob. It makes me smile :) to know that you enjoy it.

What was your specs reation the first time you did it?
[/quote]

Pure astonishment!
I do not post much on any forums, basically read a lot. But I have to acknowledge that "Believe", has to be the best effect I have purchased this year.

I can't thank Aaron enough.

A person like Aaron and his effect, put the "trust", back into the way magic effects should be sold.

Thanks
Phil
I concur. As I posted a page or so back, I performed this for some friends during a weekend get-together. The method I used was Chris Williams' and it killed! They just couldn't and wouldn't believe what happened. I am going to my cousin's wedding this weekend. I plan on doing Aaron's handling at the reception. I can't wait to see how this is gonna go. Thanks again Aaron and Justin. As I said before... I am now a TRUE BELIEVER!

Phil
[quote]
On 2006-08-17 17:01, Merlin wrote:
I do not post much on any forums, basically read a lot. But I have to acknowledge that "Believe", has to be the best effect I have purchased this year.

I can't thank Aaron enough.

A person like Aaron and his effect, put the "trust", back into the way magic effects should be sold.

Thanks
Phil
[/quote]

ummm, well.....DITTO. This gets my vote for 1st place of 2006...and second is Jon Allens "Silent Treatment"
I love SILENT TREATMENT! I saw a magician named Murray Hatfield do it and I had to have it. I am pleased to say I have and do that one!
Is it anything like "Silent But Deadly Treatment"? I'm good at that one... just ask my wife! :lol: Sorry guys....couldn't help myself. :bg:

Phil
Sounds like she's a believer in the "dutch oven" :P
Gross you guys! But... still funny ;)

Posted: Aug 19, 2006 11:11am
Hey everyone,

Make sure if you haven't downloaded the video yet that you do so before the end of the weekend. I am going to remove the file on Sunday night as everyone should have it by now.

Cheers!
Aaron
FYI - the effect rocks - tried it both versions - hee hee... but you do realize this can be played DARK DARK DARK as opposed to the nice light version ;) - and that it can also be done with Tarot Cards (poker sized easier - but at least in practice with mirror and wife with the regular sized ones)...

Hee hee
I just want to say thanks for the video and all your hard work on this effect. Great job :)
Thanks guys! Doc... I sure did realize that! It is a little dark for my performance type like character... but if you are so inclined!
Well done, Aaron and Justin.

This is one of the best effects I've purchased. The video is superb as well. Everything is smooth and justified. Or perhaps I should say [i]Justin[/i]-fied.....

I hope that anyone that likes this type of effect, took the gamble and bought this.
Yeah tremendous effect, great job Aaron keep the good ideas coming this is a deal closer
Don't forget everyone, download the vid now, because after tonight it will be gone.... unless you have had some extenuating circumstances. In which case, PM me and I will see what I can do.

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 12:19pm
Well.... looks like I am going to have to put the video back up. It will go back up tonight. Everyone who has not gotten it yet must get it by Wednesday! In order to protect the exclusiveness of this, I have to put restrictions on this.

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 5:39pm
Hey everyone,
I am doing this as a favor to one of my customers. He got BELIEVE and it just doesn't fit his performance style. He has never used it. It is #84 and if you are interested, PM Craig Crossman.

I am not necessarily endorsing this kind of transaction, but I must say this is the only one who has honestly come to me and said this is not my type of thing.

Good luck as I know there have been a ton of people PM'ing me looking to pick one up and as you all know, I am sold out.

Cheers,
Aaron
Aaron,

I thought I would put what you said to the test, and you know what..... There is enough time to palm a small child while they open up and read the card reveal. I actually palmed two kids! Brilliant!

Cody
Cody,
Very funny! I hope you gave the kids back! Where did you produce them from? My favorite location is my shoe!

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 11:43am
Hey guys,
Check it out... Believe made it to EBAY in the UK!

I was wondering how long it would take.

Cheers,
Aaron
I just purchased Craig's. Aaron, thanks for posting its availability and please see my PM.

Larry
Aaron,

I pulled them out of a lady's ears! Boy was she suprised! ha ha

Cody
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 22, 2006 12:27PM)
Ha! And the person paid more than the original price. Oh well. Who was number 15 Aaron?
Not sure. I didn't keep track of which ones I sent where, only the dates that they were shipped out.
After doing Christopher Williams handling for awhile, I finally had the opportunity to perform Aaron's orginal handling. It was during my cousin's wedding reception. Now please note that most of the people there had no idea that I was into magic. After the festivities started to die down, I performed this for my cousin and her husband. I had about 15-20 other people witnessing what was about to take place. To make a long story short, everyone who witnessed this literally SHRIEKED IN DISBELIEF!! My aunt actually had tears in her eyes. I have NEVER gotten a reaction that strong before. This is what real magic is supposed to look like, and to me, it IS real magic. It doesn't get much stronger than this. Again thank you Aaron. You have made me and the members of my family that witnessed this miracle TRUE BELIEVERS!

Phil
Phil,
So glad to hear you tried out my handling. I can't begin to tell you how I react when I perform this. As an actor, I try to put myself in their shoes and I do the reveal as if I can truly do this kind of stuff. As if it is freaky to me as well. Often times because I am so engrossed in the character, I get goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck stands up during the final reveal.

Feels good, doesn't it?
Hi Aaron,

I received this effect some time ago, and really liked it from the moment I start reading the booklet. Everything is good explained and with the video it's superb. I haven't got the oppertunity to introduce this experience to some (dutch) people, but hardly can wait to get started! It's a great addition to my repetoire.

Thanx
Ok guys,
UPDATE!!
There are only 5 left in existance! I am selling these 5 at my lectures AND ONLY AT MY LECTURES. One will be made available at the lectures to the highest bidder. This is no joke! Once these five are gone they are gone for good!
Pleas visit http://www.closeupartist.com for my 2006 lecture schedule.
Justin Miller

P.S. The numbers I have are 2,3,4,5,6
Let the games begin.
Hie, Aaron , will be doing BELIEVE in a BIG show I have today , will tell how the show went later . It will be for celebs in my country .

-David Lai
Aaron,

I have been performing BELIEVE in shorts and short sleeve shirts the past few days. If anyone has any questions on the way I do it they can pm me. I am using Aaron's handling and it is working really well. I am not always in a jacket and while living in the Arizona sun with 110 F weather, shorts and short sleeve shirts are a necessity. I also have been using a new method for part of the routine than what Aaron talked about in the video for the spectator to write down a thought. Those who want to know can pm me.

Cheers,

Cody JH Pace
David,

Good luck with the show! Let me know how it goes.

Cody,

Awesome! Are you clipping the necessary items to the back of your shorts? Like the pockets or the belt line?

Aaron
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 22:28, jussy wrote:
Ok guys,
UPDATE!!
There are only 5 left in existance! I am selling these 5 at my lectures AND ONLY AT MY LECTURES. One will be made available at the lectures to the highest bidder. This is no joke! Once these five are gone they are gone for good!
Pleas visit http://www.closeupartist.com for my 2006 lecture schedule.
Justin Miller

P.S. The numbers I have are 2,3,4,5,6
Let the games begin.
[/quote]

Aaron,
Seeing as I got one w/o a number and had Justin sign the back for that reason, I will just say mine is #1 ;)
Wow Fellas,

I turn on my laptop this morning and my PM box had nearly 25 PM's. I am at work at the moment and as I work outside and I am only in my truck to drive from one appointment to another, I will type up my method for shorts and a t-shirt by this afternoon. I have a laptop mounted in my truck so hopefully I can find a sec to type it up sooner.

I really think all of you will like the method. It makes BELIEVE even more versatile than before. Now, no matter what you are wearing or where you are at you can help the masses BELIEVE! Heck you can even do this in a pair of boardshorts, flip flops and no shirt while hanging out on the beach.

Thanks again to Aaron and Justin for helping me to BELIEVE.

P.S. You do know that we are expecting an even bigger and better follow up from you two! *Tapping foot* "We are waiting!" :-p

Cheers,

Cody JH Pace
Another one sold in the deal section :(

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=175592&forum=76&3
Alright, so I promised everyone I would get my handling to you by tonight. Well some Taco stand decided to give me what I can only assume is food poisoning. I am down for the count. What I want to try and do is get an e-mail list of all the people who bought believe and I can send it to everyone on the list. That way I do not accidently give out handleing to someone who does not own BELIEVE. I also will try to take some pictures and put the handling into a nice PDF format for you. I should have plenty of time tomorrow as long as I am not enjoying these tacos for a third time! ughhhhh

Thanks for you patience Fellas.

Cheers,

Cody JH Pace

Posted: Aug 26, 2006 10:52pm
Alright Fellas it is finished. I have placed my handleing into a PDF file. I want to send it to Aaron first and get his approval but after that it is all yours. I know many of you have already PM'd me but if you could send me an e-mail so I can e-mail you the file I would appreciate it. Simply send an e-mail (codypace@cox.net) and in the topic type "BELIEVE" and in the body explain the gimmick of Believe and where the video of Aaron explaining BELIEVE is shot at. That will help me make sure you are an owner of the effect.

Thanks for all your patience my BELIEVE AMIGOS! Hopefully it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Via con Dios!

Cody

Posted: Aug 27, 2006 12:51am
I meant to include this in the PDF. Look into the Outlaw wallet. http://www.outlaw-effects.com/outlaw/articles.php?lng=en&pg=63 I have it and it is the best I have seen and I love it!

Cody JH Pace
Hi Cody,

Thanx for all the effort you put in to spread your extra ideas on Believe.
I just send you an e-mail and am looking forward reading your pdf.
Greetz,

Jeroen
JUST an update for all of you. Due to some very,very unfortunate circumstances I do not have any believes. There will be 0 at my lectures. I am sorry about this news. Please, understand this is not by my choosing or Aarron's..it is what it is.
I cannot go into any more details. We are both truly sorry.
JM
I am looking forward to Cody's handling as I have not yet been able to perform believe. I am too casual (should make sense to those with it) to do the orginal handling and although the alternative handling is good, it is a completely different effect.
I agree with muffin on it but I was able to use it at a gig the other night and it slayed people, they had no explanation. Great stuff being in florida I cant wait to hear of Cody's handeling
Cody....thanks for your PDF. I really appeciate it! Nice work man.

oombob
Hey guys I just did `BELIEVE ' for a celebrity performance in my country . It was the highight of all the other effects ....simply beautiful . Wrote a short part of it in my blog .ENJOY!

http://davidlaimag.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
Thanks oombob, I appreciate the kind words. After I sent it I thought I sure hope it works as well for others as it does for me. It really is quite simple and easy. Everyone let me know how it works for you and if you make any improvements!

Via con Dios,

Cody
By the way - once you do this effect - I end - I can't seem to think of anything that can follow it because it is so strong - unless you are going to go into pure mind contril or a Q&A!
Doc,

I could not agree more. To perform anything after BELIEVE would only weaken the strength of the effect. It is something you need to leave them with and their thoughts, because when you do that the only option they have is to BELIEVE!

Cody
Thanks for taking the time to share your handling Cody, this will make it far easiser for me to perform this.
I am glad to see people are liking my handling. Remeber that is just how I do it. Please if you find a better method to accomplish the same thing go for it. Even better share it with all of us! If you look at the PDF there is an item in the pictures that is green. That is what I had in my office and I tried it out and it works great for me. It really could be one of many objects that accomplish the same goal you could use. Someone hit up Staples or Office Max and if someone finds something even better lets hear it!

Dang Aaron you have created a monster here. BELIEVE has its own little family now and this is like our own forum! Are we going to get some Members Only Jackets embroiderd to become the official BELIEVER'S club? 1980's eat your heart out! :D

Via con Dios,

Cody
CODY thanks for your pdf file ! will try your handling soon enough .=)Thanks again!
I want to send out a salute to Cody for 1) sharing a great idea 2) putting it into such a nice PDF file - it looks better than a lot of the professional effects manuals!!!! 3) Being a new dad again (I just have 1 - my hat is off to you) and typing with one hand.

Cody, you actually have demonstrated well one of the qualities this Café claims to support - Magicians helping Magicians.

Bravo!
I agree with Dr Spektor. Great job Cody. And thanks for being so generous.
Congrats on the new child, guys.
I'm expecting my first grandchild Dec.24th !
Yes thank you Cody...nice directions. Glad there was no method tipping there...WELL DONE!!
Many thanks Cody, some nice thinking there.
Awesome Cody! Great job. I'll be giving this a try this weekend. Many thanks!
Offtopic - oh well - JOHN - you look too young to be a granddaddy - you drinking blood or something?!
Doc, I hope you don't mind me calling you that, I thought the same thing when I saw the picture of John. Must have been spending some time at Copperfield's islands and bathing in the fountain of youth! :-P

On another note I would hate to see this thread die. Who has been performing BELIEVE. Tell us about your experiences, successes, failures, tips and etc...

I know my Wife finally was amazed and speechless. That is a rarity as she is a tough cookie to impress. She finally said she has no clue what happens and admits she is left with the only option available... TO BELIEVE!

Cody

Posted: Sep 1, 2006 4:10pm
Carbiker just turned me onto this and I just saw that fellow BELIEVER Christopher Williams owns it. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=176428&forum=109&4

Chris can you tell us if this would work with Believe? This seems like a great effect to add to BELIEVE. Ohhhh I can just imagine the possibilities!

Cody
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 1, 2006 03:20PM)
If you read carefully, I don't own this, I came up with my own method, I'm sure is different to this. However, YES it will work. Its just another impossible location for the card. If you use my method of believe it will definitely work, and Aarons handling would work I suppose, without exposing ir anything, there would just be a little more work in getting the card laminated.
To answer the question bluntly, yes it will work. And I will use this as another ending. Though, I have several more ideas for this now that involve a little bit of work, but make this trick a lot better. PM me for details on ideas if you need some
[quote]
On 2006-09-01 14:10, Cody J.H. Pace wrote:
"...I know my Wife finally was...speechless...."
[/quote]

Man I wish I would have bought this sooner. :baby:
This effect kills...
Good one, Larry.
But how long was she speechless....I may now be interested..... :) ...
Hey everyone,
Sorry about the long silence. I am still in Canada at this moment, but have just gained access to a computer via my pal Amazing Dan McLean Jr. in Toronto!

WOW! My PM box is full! Sounds like you guys have been busy and I am anxious to read all of your posts! I will be back in town by Tuesday and will take care of all the video requests, shipping issues and what not then.

Magic Camp was a blast! If you haven't picked up Tyler Wilson's book DOMINATRICKS yet, you must! Scarred Warp is worth it's weight in gold. I have spent 7 days with this amazing performer and his stuff is downright good. Also, get your hands on Jason Dean's stuff now! This guy fried me again and again with some amazing original material. Watch for their lectures in the Columbus area soon!

Cheers!
Aaron
I still having so much fun doing this, I've found a way of doing it impromptu which although not perfect has opened up so many more performing opportunities.

Believe will definately be a contender for best trick of 2006
Well I decided it was time to drop BELIEVE on my toughest critic and hardest spectator to impress.... my Father. He is the worst! No amount of spectator management or control will stop him. He will grab the cards, turn the card over before he should and every other annoying thing a spectator has ever done or that you could imagine happening in your performances.

That being said my Father is now a BELIEVER! He said you are GOOD Son, and I am speechless. I told him all that was left for him was to BELIEVE! Well needless to say he is now a BELIEVER! Aaron, I never thought that first my Wife and then my Father could be impressed by my magic but they are now! Three Cheers for Aaron and Justin! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray!

Cody
I am interested in what patter everyone uses with this effect. For me I have been performing BELIEVE as a demonstration in how psychics use cold reading to secretly get personal information from a person. It is similar to Aaron's original patter but I focus mainly on just the cold reading aspect. Is anyone doing anything different?

-Matt
Here is a question I have not seen asked yet. Can the card be given away at the end?
Yes you can give the card away as souvenir, or make a list around it and let them worship the card.
In fact, why would you keep it? Its a card with the person's thought on it - totally not needed anymore but a great reminder of your magical abilities for the fellow - who hopefully will show it all over the place!

(For those that own the effect - think about signing the back of the card with the marking pen after the effect to personalize the card as a memento - but the specs will see that the writing lines are thicker/thinner than those written on the face of the card - demoing that the front was written on with another writing instrument the day before - to help seal the deal as well as get your name associated with the magic out there) (I don't need to explain how to do that guys, I'm sure you already do that little subtlety????)
Try altering a sharpie marker. Think of the possibilities.....

Also, I give out the card, the envelope and the post it note I used to get the word. I put it all in the envelope and leave it on the table.

Posted: Sep 4, 2006 12:46pm
Also, consider using a 1/2 one way force deck (blue back). Then make the reveal card red.......

Have fun kiddies.... because I just let go of 2 of the nuggets that will be explained in full in the Believe book to be released later.
[quote]
On 2006-09-04 12:46, Aaron DeLong wrote:

Have fun kiddies.... because I just let go of 2 of the nuggets that will be explained in full in the Believe book to be released later.
[/quote]

not to soon I hope. I'm loving the exclusivity of this trick at the moment.

Dr Spektor: another idea with the signed card thing would be to use one of those pens that has one colour if you twist it left and another if you twist it right.but otherwise looks like a normal pen
How about this... Use the UV Super Sharpie available at Ellusionist. It is the same as a regular Super Sharpie but the gimmicked portion writes in UV invisible ink. At the end you could sign the card with the normal Sharpie portion and they would only ever think that you are using a regular sharpie.

Just imagine the card reveal and then taking a pocket UV light and saying that a few days ago when you made a prediction you wrote it in UV ink. Insert whatever patter you want. Maybe you were not to sure and wrote it in invisible ink so if you were wrong you would not have to show it. I think a spectator would really be blown away by the UV reveal at the end of the thought of word.

Any thoughts?

Cody
Paul, that is a cool idea! The key is make sure the pens write well on the card surface vs. Sharpies

Cody, that is cool too - I think the key is the balance of not adding in any extra gimmicks and going for the punch for pacing sake - the UV light reveal requires one extra gadget and some time that perhaps might weaken the effect - on the other hand... it can be cool as a bizarrist style reveal in a creepy style reveal - and if you want to reveal the UV writing of the word - you can then shine the light on your arm and do a Stigmata style reveal of the card value.... (I think the Scorpion kit has something like that) - then you get a quadroople punch to the guts UV style mind-fry :P
This trick continues to rock! It is now my favorite go too mind blower
Dr. Spektor and Cody,
You are right about using the UV. It is something Justin and I discussed a while ago, but as the Doc said, it adds more work for the effect and adds more gimmicks. However, the reveal is pretty darn cool.

Paul - the book won't come out any time soon... but I have to say that I am getting PMs from guys that are letting me know they are going to release their versions of this effect and sell it.... oh, and they promise me full credit. What's even funnier about that, is that the guy telling me he is going to produce this different handling and sell my idea as his has never purchased BELIEVE. He was shown by a friend. We can't keep this thing exclusive if everyone is running around showing it to their magic buddies. It is supposed to be for your eyes only.

True, I can't stop you, but this is why I wanted it in the hands of performers who valued exclusiveness and secrecy of method. As it turns out, that is not the case and if it continues, my hand may be forced.

Sorry, but I just got that PM and I am a little more than upset with folks who take someone else's ideas, repackage them and sell them. Change the handling, change the way it's done for yourself and your audiences, but take someone else's ideas and sell it as yours and call it inspiration... bad form.

Aaron
I agree with aaron it is bad form keep this aa secret!!!!!!!!!!
That Sux bigtime - but the guy who sent you an e-mail letting you know he is going to do that - holey crappola.... that is just thoughtless and wacked. I hate to say that I saw it coming (I'm a mentalist :P) but that is the trouble with limited releases that can be bought by anyone... it makes me think in the future if I ever am lucky enough to have an idea 1/2 as good as this and want to share, it will be via recommendations of people I know who can vouch for them or something - I'll keep track of the # sent to who - each package / effect / instructions has a special marker within (i.e. something Magical Notes and James Cheung does) - and if it ever ended up on ebay or whatever, I'd summon the demons of hell to tear the person up in broad daylight.

That sucks bigtime, Aaron. I hope the demons get them anyway. If I ever come up with some wacky handlings, (I am working on a Tarot style one) I'll just send it to you and you can decide if it'll end up in a supplement or just srpead amongst this community as Cody did (very nice guy)...

Aaron, calling it bad form, which is an understatement, shows you are a true class act. I'd call it THEFT.

Ciao!
Some people!!!!! It sickens me to hear that someone is trying to do this to our Baby BELIEVE. To all those who would condone or do something like that your time will come. To all those who own BELIEVE let's refrain from a nice ego stroke by performing this for other magicians who we can fool and stick to the lay person. This was the first thing Aaron and Justin made me promise. No performing BELIEVE for other Magicians. It is sad that in the art some of us love so dearly we have to hide things from one another. All because some magicians have proved time and time again that they are not to be trusted and will take someone else's idea and without any blood, sweat and tears of their own capitalize on the genius and hard work of great Magi's like Aaron.

Their time will come! Aaron, you should post the worthless excuse for a decent human being here so the community can give him a thorough tongue lashing. Maybe we can ruin any chance of someone buying his effect before it comes out.

Arghhhh, I am so frustrated! I am going to go simmer down now! SERENITY NOW!!!

Cody
Anyone else using Bob Kohler's Black Envelope for the final reveal? Just an idea I've been playing with...
Black is good for Bizarre :)
Did anybody else get a strange PM from a brand new user asking about Believe's method and detailing an effect this mysterious user is thinking of marketing?

Way to fishy for my taste!

Cody
I think it was inevitable that BELIEVE would be copied. I just hope that Aaron and Justin release it in bulk before the rest of em.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 5, 2006 11:39AM)
Cody, no matter what we do, people will buy the persons re-release no matter whawt we say or do, because they will want to know the method. I think it is wrong the person is doing this, but the more you try and stop them, the more they will want to release it
Please Aaron do not release this effect as 99% of your true Believers will suffer. We bought this as an exclusive item that would remain as a secret for a set period and you should honour that. Release the emails instead of the low lives who are saying they will release it and us other Believers will give them our opinions of them. I always feared that this would be released by you and Justin sooner, just by the amount of interest this brilliant effect has created and also by the fact when I said to my fellow magicians at my club I have a great new effect that is exclusive for 2 years or so cannot even show it to you now,the senior members laughed it off and said I bet lots of tricks have started out like that but once enough interest is shown they will release it sooner you see. I would love to prove them wrong so come on Aaron please stick to your promise like us true Believers have. Thanks Aaron for a great effect and great service thus far.
I would like to make a statement about BELIEVE.
I notice that A LOT of you guys have accociated me with this effect...please stop! I added one minor detail to this. This is Aarrons and Aarron deserves all the credit for it. Yes it is ture that in the genesis of this effect you could ONLY get it from me at my lectures, but I still (oudside of the one thing I mentioned already) had nothing to do with this at all. Aarron has created the most beautiful piece of magic/mentalism on the planet in my opinion (and so it seems with yours as well). So let's give credit where credit is rightfully due.
BRAVO Aarron and thank you for allowing me in on this masterpiece..
This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.
JM
I truly hope that it isn't copied, but if it is then lots will be sold and the originators will lose out.
[quote]
On 2006-09-05 09:30, Mark Powell wrote:
Anyone else using Bob Kohler's Black Envelope for the final reveal? Just an idea I've been playing with...
[/quote]

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....;)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 5, 2006 04:11PM)
[quote]
On 2006-09-05 13:08, jussy wrote:
I would like to make a statement about BELIEVE.
I notice that A LOT of you guys have accociated me with this effect...please stop! I added one minor detail to this. This is Aarrons and Aarron deserves all the credit for it. Yes it is ture that in the genesis of this effect you could ONLY get it from me at my lectures, but I still (oudside of the one thing I mentioned already) had nothing to do with this at all. Aarron has created the most beautiful piece of magic/mentalism on the planet in my opinion (and so it seems with yours as well). So let's give credit where credit is rightfully due.
BRAVO Aarron and thank you for allowing me in on this masterpiece..
This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.
JM
[/quote]

Trying to keep this thread on the right tracks, great post Justin. Many magicians would love to be associated as part creator to this, however Justin shuns the honour off himself onto just the creator. Though this is the right thing to do, MANY magicians wouldnt have done this, and Justin deserves credit for this.

Now, this is the topic for reviews and experiences with Believe created by Aaron. Many people have their own applications to this effect. Justin added something, I added something, Cody has added something etc. Many people have added things, but we don't at all associate ourselves as creators to this effect. The main part is, Aaron created the EFFECT. And he has a superb handling! There is no question it is one of the best tricks released over the past couple years. However, people perform in many different situations and so people slightly change this EFFECT to suit them and make it work for them.

I have been using this to great success ever since I first bought it, and will continue to use it. Again, big thanks to Aaron to taking off some of the exclusive rights by selling it out of Justins Lectures
Hey everyone,

I started brainstorming today about presentational ideas and I have some fun ones. Try these out.

-Get a deck of cards with movie characters on the faces. Have one chosen and returned to the deck. Also have any movie named at all. The reveal is the character chosen and the movie named in a sealed envelope.

-Use tarot cards. Explain that each character on the card has personality traits. Tell them to choose one that they think would fit their personality. Have a spirit guide named to help you do the reading. A loved one or so forth. Do a personality reading and reveal the chosen card to match the personality and the spirit guides name written on the card in the envelope.

These are another two of the nuggets to be coming and explained in full in the book.

Cheers,
Aaron
The movie characters idea is very nice , thank you Aaron.

If you want you can make your on "deck of cards", Just frint a lot of famous characters in photography shop. It will make the magic to be less card magic.
"Photograph in in a sealed envelope,"
Also, a resource I am using is http://www.newtscards.com. They can print cards and do a lot of amazing things on a deck of cards. Ask for Jim or Bill if you call and tell them Aaron DeLong sent you.

You will need to provide the graphic work and directives on what you want done, but it is a great resource for magi.

Good luck!
Why don't you use postcards. Then you can do it also with places, cars etc, and it's more logical for some written text to be on the back.
The postcard idea I think I gave earlier in this post. It is a location/destination effect. See earlier posts for my idea on that.

Aaron
Cody.. Thanks so much for sharing your handling, excellent work. Question: could you tell me who the maker of your style of envelopes are? Make & model type info... PM if necessary...

Thank you - Nicodemus
How would you compare believe to Deep Asonishment 2 ( not the ffect, but the impact on the audience ).

Chris
I personaly own #38 of Believe and let me tell you it is an crowd killer!!!!
Since 99% of us won't have access to this effect under current distribution, are there plans to commercially release it in the future?
Chris,

IMHO, DA2 is just as strong as Believe. I've had the same results performing both. A long silence, then applause.

RandyM
True that Randy. I did The Anything Deck for a long time, which as you know was the first edition of Deep Astonishment from Paul Harris' books. It was the inspiration for this effect. Although, with the DA, it still feels like a card trick. Just my opinion though. Both Believe and DA2 are strong as the effect is essentially the same. The impossible occurs at your will.

Aaron

Posted: Sep 8, 2006 10:55pm
Tdowel,

Yes there are plans. I am trying to put it into book format as we speak. Although the book is to be released much later.

Cheers,
Aaron
Aaron Delong was my camp counciller at Sorcerers Safari this year. He performed the effect for our cabin and we loved it. Its a killer effect. Plus Aaron is one of the coolest magicians I know.
Thanks Neil! You rock! Magi Fest is coming soon!

Posted: Sep 9, 2006 5:59pm
Is any one out there interested in the Triple Threat Wallet? Tony Miller called me today and said he knew that I mentioned it on my video for Believe. If anyone wants one, Tony is letting them go for $65. You can get them from me or him.

I don't have them yet, but he thinks they will be ready next week or so. I just wanted to do a poll to see how many I should get to distribute to my BELIEVERS.

Please PM me if you are interested in one.

DO NOT SEND ME MONEY! I don't HAVE THE PRODUCT YET!
I used this last nigh at a big party I worked, it made people speechless. great closer. Love it
Aaron...this book...are you collecting ideas from the Café' members?
Yes and No. A lot of the things that were brought to my attention by Café members were things that I had already had but did not include in the manual. But there have been some great ideas by members, such as Chris William's version. They all know who they are as I have asked them permission to include their contributions.

Maybe 15% of what is going in the book is contributions from Café members.

Do you have something you want to add? PM me and if it is not something I already have I can include it with your permission.

Cheers,
Aaron
Look ill be honest. I have not read thru this whole thread, because I have been moving around. But I did get the pleasure to get this in the mail. I will say this, I don't wear the garment that is preferred for this effect. BUT this effect alone might make me change my wardrobe.
Paisa,
You should hit up Cody Pace and ask him for his no jacket version. It is pretty bold, but according to him he gets away with it.
Every time! Bold like A-1 steak sauce! :P

Paisa send me a pm and I will forward my handling to you.

Cody
Since I REALLY missed out on this due working on some projects...I remember a poat somewhere when I was checking through past pots where "Believe" is on a DVD as a "performance only"???

I'd love to see just this!! Plus it was a DVD set with lots of other "worked" GOOD stuff on it...or did I "dream" this again???

Don't know what's worse..thinking I did stuff that I didn't or rembering doing stuff I never did.

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 2:13pm
Add bad typos to my problems...

"poat" and "pots"= post(s) ,and "worked"= workers

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!
Justin Miller performs BELIEVE on a new set of DVDs on restaurant magic he is featured in. They are being released by Kozmo. A search of Justin's posts should yield some info.

Cody
See what happens, I go away for a month an now I have no idea whats coming out.
The final word on the video is...
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 4:40pm
Just kidding.

The final word on the DVD stuff is that I released a CD rom companion to the manual that did a walk through and provided some additional ideas and handlings that were not in the original manual.

Justin is on a new series and a performance only of BELIEVE is on that video.

Other than that, there is no performance only or demo of this out there. You will have to get that DVD series to see it.

There will be a follow up to all of this stuff at a later date with a complete work of all of Believe's possibilities to be released in book format. A companion CDrom is possible to come out with this as well.

Cheers,
What would be the expected day(s) for the release? Can't wait!!
Try years Wise Owl.

Cody
Aaron is this the one in the Kitchen? Also what will the booklet be set at price wise?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 14, 2006 05:42PM)
I say you are looking at atleast $50-75 personally. But it is not my book to price, but that is what I would put on it. Aaron may feel to put more or less on, whatever it is, though I own the trick, I will buy the book!!
Yeah I have the effect as well. Just curious on the book.
I had not decided on a final price. We will see once it is all finished. Right now everything is compiled in post it notes, chicken scratch and a Word file that keeps on getting bigger and bigger. I am trying to include every idea and each little nuance and twist on every idea. Even patter will be included with each presentation.

There will be a new video, not the one I filmed quickly for everyone else in the kitchen. It will cover all of the sleights and major points of the handling. Probably even a live performance of it.
WOW that sounds great Aaron ill be waiting.
What a pretty I couldn't attend the seminar and learned believe. Looking forward for the new DVD and books.

Anyone selling their believe?
Aaron what about the statement that it would not reappear for 3 years.
Aaron,

I'm confused by these cumultive posts about your upcoming release of future notes and video.

Will these notes and the aforedescribed video be available to anyone (willing to pay the money for them) or will they be available just to the 100 purchasers of the original effect? And if available to anyone, will these notes and the video provide enought information for such purchasers to be able to "roll their own" and make their own "Believe"? If not, then this thread appears to be only for the benefit of the "Lucky 100" and I'll stop following this thread.

Fianlly, what is the time frame for any such release?

Thanks for any info.

Mike
I got a chance to do this at a restauraunt tonight (My first public performance with this effect)and it brought the house down. I also got two bookings out of it, so that's a nice side effect.

This is now my closer! I honestly don't see how anything could follow it. I loved my DA2, but I think it has just taken a back seat to Believe!

The great thing about Believe is that is leaves so much room for you to customize it to your style. Funny and whimsical, light hearted in the beginning and ending on a bit of a serious note as Aaron does it, or just down right dark and spooky! ;)

I just flat out love this! Its a lot of fun to perform! ;)
Aaron... Did you mention 'wallets' ? I thought I recall you mentioning trying to get a deal on a wallet that would be a perfect fit for Believe?

- Nicodemus
Nicodemus - yes, I will be getting the wallets soon. PM if interested.

I have not broken my promise about keeping it exclusive. Have you?

The books will be available to any and all when they are released.

Cheers,
Aaron

SBAYS - Awesome! Its a great feeling isn't it.
Wait this wallet thing is new to me. Again sorry I have not read thrue it all. But if there is a nice everyday CTW that can be incorporated with one of the alternative methods Aaron spoke of on the vid. That would be great for me. Aaron without tipping anything but "Cardcase" and "Post-it"
Paisa,
The triple threat wallet by tony miller will make this an anytime you wanted situation. He is giving me some to sell and I should have them soon.

Aaron

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 11:33am
Hey everyone,

Not sure why this is happening, but I have received another attempt to duplicate this effect and market it. Fortunately, I was able to shoot it down and show it to be a duplication of BELIEVE. However, let me say that this one went all the way to a distributor before it got to me. What's funny is that it is being put out by one of our own. He bought it, posted about it and now has a variation that he is trying to market all within 2 months of my release. Sad. Unfortunate. Hopefully I won't have to name names to make it stop for good.

Saddened,
Aaron
WOW That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I read about the wallets on another thread. Sounds interesting. I would just like to see a picture of the wallet .
That is just 110% wrong. You should probably name names because an act like that if you have evidence should be exposed so we know who the individual is to avoid sharing any secrets with him or her... in my humble opinion.

Well, as mentioned before, the fact people are trying to rip it off so quickly is a testement to the effect's greatness.
I will not name names as the situation has been taken care of and very quickly removed from the market with many apologies and good hearts. My temperature has returned to normal again.

Goodnight!
Aaron
As a proud purchaser and "Believe" practitioner....I'd just like to pop in and self servingly say.... "it wasn't me."

Sad to hear that this sort of rip-offery is being pursued by anyone. "Believe" is brilliant and "Believe" is Aaron's.
We are a world of thieves. Not all of us but it happens more often then not. Well anyway Believe is a great effect and lets try to keep this page on the effect. There is a lot of great additions and thoughts on this thread about the effect, I wouldn't want it to become a bashing thread. Because that never happens in the Café (LOL). Aaron you have developed a very magical effect and you should be proud of that. I feel good just being privileged to be able to perform this wonderful piece of magic.
This is without a doubt an excellent effect. I am fortunate in being an owner of a "numbered" copy. However I work in waist coat and fitted jeans and even Cody's fine addition is not an option for me.
In view of the cost this is not an item I can afford to have sitting in a drawer. Here in the UK I am aware that at least 2 "Believe" have been sold for more than the original purchase price. If I have to sell I would rather pass my set on to somebody from this group at the original purchase price (plus postage). So if you want an original set please pm me.
I am interested and already pm you.
The only noticable "flaw" I'm seeing with "Believe" is that I wasn't able to get my hands on one of them in time :'(

Great job Aaron you really seemed to have floored everyone with this one :)
[quote]
On 2006-09-15 02:59, Turk wrote:
Aaron,

I'm confused by these cumultive posts about your upcoming release of future notes and video.

Will these notes and the aforedescribed video be available to anyone (willing to pay the money for them) or will they be available just to the 100 purchasers of the original effect? And if available to anyone, will these notes and the video provide enought information for such purchasers to be able to "roll their own" and make their own "Believe"? If not, then this thread appears to be only for the benefit of the "Lucky 100" and I'll stop following this thread.

Fianlly, what is the time frame for any such release?

Thanks for any info.

Mike
[/quote]

Mike, everytime I think of some question(s) to ask, you post them first ( and better than I could ask them ).

Aaron, can you answer Mike?

Thanks!!
Chris
Mike and Chris,

Aaron answered this back on page 10. It was his first post he made after Mike's post that is above.

[quote] The books will be available to any and all when they are released.

Cheers,
Aaron

[/quote]

The book and video will be available to the magic community. Aaron has promised to keep BELIEVE exclusive to the original 100 buyers for a few years before he releases it to the magic community. So yes Chris and Mike you will both have an opportunity to purchase it. As for the time table look for at least two years and most likely three years.

Cody JH Pace
Cody, thanks for replying. I've gotten lost in all thse posts!

Chris
All those of you interested in purchasing the Triple Threat Wallets, they are now available through me or Tony's website. http://www.rfaproductions.com

PM me if you are interested in purchasing one from me.

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 8:57am
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long silence, I have been busy working on some new things.

I just wanted all of you to know that Believe has perked the interest of some major players that have their own TV shows. I have not given permission to anyone as of yet, but thought you all would be interested to know.

Cheers,
Aaron

ps- I cannot reveal names, but trust me when I say you know them!
You big Tease!:P Get us all worked up and then you give us a ps. Typical, real typical! ha ha

So who wants to start the new speculation Thread on who Aaron is talking about? ha ha I am just kidding, but if it is Criss Angel I will mourn for weeks. I think Steve Martin performing it as the "The Great Flydini" and he produces the envelope as it magically appears from his fly in his pants. Now that would be some great magic. I would pay to be in that audience as opposed to being paid to watch Criss Angel pretend to walk on water while I sit in a pool looking all amazed and thinking about how I was going to spend my stooge money.

Cody
I am a fellow believer, and a few months on since originally purchasing this I still find it the most incredible effect to perform.

I should also like to say how much respect I have for Aaron for staying good to his word, dispite the interest surrounding this trick
It is the 204th force, Cody - check it out of the dream library in the realm of Morpheus - the Further Mental Miracles of Annemann.
:)

(The guy was such a genius, he foresaw the advent of the internet, trolls, and e-whiners)

As for the use of reading any thread - a quick glance at page 1 usually will give people the gist of things - and move on. I personally look at most new postings even if it has no applicable meaning at the time for me - just in case. And again, for example, people who did peek in would have seen Justin Miller had a few for sale, been given warnings etc. Also, reading the thread for those who don't have it might be useful for: 1) knowing Aaron is a good guy so next time he offers something-jump 2) inspiration for their own effects, 3) realizing there will be access to it at some point 4) ethics and morals of rip-off artists in the community 5) how magicians actually do help each other 6) see people who have nothing useful to contribute post diatribes as opposed to moving on with more useful things to do with their lives....

I will grant this tho' - some elements of the thread could be running through forums such as Penny for your Thoughts and Inner Thoughts as a mentalism effect... but that is about it.

As owner of #96, I am biased, and therefore you may now ignore everything I said (which most do anyway :))
Because the limited edition of Believe was sold out, I developed my own method to duplicate the effect. It is called "Belief". I have sold it to one individual, and will not sell it to anybody else for 5 years. Questions? Comments? Discuss.
Lets all go to the Red Door lounge where we can discuss this!
Wait, They hate magicians there cause they don't Tip...anything $
All bets are off!
I have them both. HaHa!!!! Now I can take over the world! What, you don't believe me?
Oh, I get it...Inner thoughts to keep "beliefers" out.....hahaha, kidding Bema. Congrats on working a routing out for yourself. That means you may be on to something better anyway!

Best-
Has anyone incorporated there Outlaw Wallet for this effect? Also any new ideas on making this all happen without the upper garment requirement?
Paisa,

Did you not read my no jacket PDF??? :P I use no jacket in that handling and I always use my Outlaw wallet. Now that you have the Triple Threat there is no need for a jacket again. Give me a pm and I will help you out Amigo!

Cody
Tony Miller's Tripple Threat Wallet has a peek feature that would work for this.

Chris
As a Believer, a TTW owner and a Bombshell owner I still cannot see why everybody keeps mentioning a peek with Believe. It is totally uneccessary as the revelation proves you knew the word from the day before so what does it matter if the word is said aloud while doing the effect. My opinion is it may even weaken the effect as the spectator may think why write it down as is irrelevant if you already knew the word, my experience of performing this fantastic effect is that I have seen no different in reaction with peek or not regards Gary
I will have to disagree. I think you are looking at it to much from the point of a magician and not a spectator. I was the first to own Believe as Aaron gave me an advanced copy more than a month before it was released to the public and during that time only Aaron, Justin Miller and myself were performing this effect. At the time we were all using the Thought Transmitter and from our experiences there is a definite advantage to using this type of method.

In everyone of my performances the spectators are always so amazed that the word they merely thought of was predicted. See the difference and the strength. In using this method there is no going back and saying to themselves or others, well he told you the word out loud. They will think to themselves I only thought the word. Use that phrase throughout the performance, "The word you merely Thought of." This kind of linguistic deception as my friend Kenton Knepper would call it will enhance the power of Believe that much more. Don't limit yourself on the power of Believe.

Cody JH Pace
I will agree with you both.

If you have them speak the word outloud, you still have the feeling of any word chosen in the world.

However, if they merely write it down unknown to anyone except them, you create an entirely different feeling of bewilderment. It freaks them out.

I think both are really strong, but the latter one lends to an eerie feeling. I do the latter.

Cheers,
Aaron
Aaron is there a forum where we can talk about this more openly? If not I wonder if Outlaw creators would mind us adding a thread there.
Paisa,
There isn't a forum, but if anyone knows how to build one, I am open to trying.
Has anybody posted a video perfroming this? I would love to see that.
There isn't a video posted. There was a video made, but it was for purchasers of Believe only.
Might want to have a believers forum ;)
I am working on it with someone as we speak.
Aaron: just read your battle with someone selling believe second hand..... Maybe we should have a believers benevelant fund.... all the owners contribute a few bucks and then when they go on sale the owners of the original 100 buy them and destroy them. Sad really that people cant respect your wishes.

Why anyone would want to sell this, god only knows. I have three magician friends that have watched me perform this and are still pestering me to explain... which I wont do.
Reposted from Tricks for sale in case that thread gets deleted:

Personally, although there was no written contract - everyone who got BELIEVE from Aaron was asked not to share the secret for 3 years - just like he promsied not to do.... and now we see people selling it on ebay - here - etc. and #34 making the rounds etc. Yes, it is legal and no way can Aaron stop people, however, the people who ORIGINALLY got it and sold it (or ripping copies) have broken their word and cannot be trusted. Moral is: get references, remember the # connected to a name of who got it etc.... can't stop them but at least in the community we'll know who is trustworthy and who is scum (oh yeah - the other fav... "Gee Aaron, I thought of a trick just like this... I am going to market it... its called FAITH!!! Hope you like it ...mr #34"....

Magic should be respected and this is a great example of disrespect for the creator.

As for those selling it 3rd generation - you never made the promise - I can see you selling it off if not interested - and really, the thing to think about is the creator's feelings. One might say "well, he shouldn't have trusted #34" and you are correct... and you have spent money buying the effect without the whole background to how it came out... so, I am really directing my ire and disgust to those of the original 100 who sold out more than BELIEVE.

#34...whoever you were, I'm sure Brutus on the 9th level will be warming a fire for you.

Aaron, BELIEVE is an excellent effect. On the brightside - the fact it is being ripped off and sold everywhere shows it truly is a super gem.

All the best,

Dr S
[quote]
On 2006-10-28 13:50, Paul Wingham wrote:
Aaron: just read your battle with someone selling believe second hand..... Maybe we should have a believers benevelant fund.... all the owners contribute a few bucks and then when they go on sale the owners of the original 100 buy them and destroy them. [/quote]

I would be willing to join such a group if one develops. Contributing the funds is not the issue with me. It would be managing the logistics of such a group. But I would be willing to participate if the opportunity arises.

Gianni
Sounds like a great idea guys, but then we are helping those who are going to be ruthless in their endeavor to cheat, lie and steal. Let's just let it lie and we will all know better for the future.

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 4:01pm
I have just found out that my manuscript has been digitized and is being passed around for free. The worst has happened. The unscrupulous population has gotten their hands on this effect and are sharing it with any and all who want it for free. I found this out from a very reliable source.

I apologize to all the Believers out there, but there is nothing I can do about it. Enjoy it while you can!
Hey, as Thulsa Doom said in Conan the Barbarian:

Infidel Defilers.... now they shall know why they fear the night...

Where is Batman with his hanging people upside down from a skyscraper when you need him????

Well, I am happy I get to get an original from the creator himself. This has also taught many of us what to do in the future.

Again on the bright side: if they digitized the thing, Aaron's name will be on it - and if it is being given away all over - then no one can make a rip-off and try to claim it was theirs...

grrrrr
It is because of people like this that many brilliant effects will die with the creator.
Hey guys, there is a forum now available at http://www.secretcenter.info. It is for all things Believe. I will let you in with a password, but please do not PM me for it.

EMAIL me at theexperience@tru-magic.com. There will be a question to answer regarding Believe and then you will gain entrance.

Once insides, all things Believe can be discussed openly. And thanks to Ran Pink for putting it together!

Cheers,

Aaron
Yessssssssssssssssss!
[quote]
On 2006-10-05 08:57, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long silence, I have been busy working on some new things.

I just wanted all of you to know that Believe has perked the interest of some major players that have their own TV shows. I have not given permission to anyone as of yet, but thought you all would be interested to know.

Cheers,
Aaron

ps- I cannot reveal names, but trust me when I say you know them!
[/quote]

That is exciting. Keep up the good work. Too bad about the haters. Karma will put them in their place.

All the best,
thecardtrick
[quote]
On 2006-10-29 16:01, Aaron DeLong wrote:
I have just found out that my manuscript has been digitized and is being passed around for free. The worst has happened. The unscrupulous population has gotten their hands on this effect and are sharing it with any and all who want it for free. I found this out from a very reliable source.

I apologize to all the Believers out there, but there is nothing I can do about it. Enjoy it while you can!
[/quote]

I think you could PM the true believers here with names and email addresses :comply:
No need to do that. Besides, tracking down the person who originally did it would be impossible. They are truly someone who is lacking self esteem, confidence, friends and are thus identified by their attempt to gain friendship and comraderie by divulging such secrets to any and all that will talk to them.

I feel sorry for the bloke who did it. They are truly crying out for attention. Let's bow our heads and pray.... let's hope that in some way their passing around the manuscript has in essence saved their life as most people end their existence for lack of attention.

I say all of this with tongue in cheek. Hoping you won't take me too seriously.
Amen...peace be with you...
Yeah... tongue in cheek
It is truly tragic that some of us who didn't get the opportunity to purchase one of the originals were beat out by some less than scrupulous others. I am however standing by if an original comes up for sale. And I will say if I do acquire one it will be confiscated and not passed around so carelessly.

Dan C
Thanks Dan!
[quote]
On 2006-11-08 23:09, DJC wrote:
I am however standing by if an original comes up for sale.
Dan C
[/quote]

Along with Dan (and probably many others), I too am waiting for one to come up for sale. It seems that when one does come up, it is snapped up immediately, and I keep missing out. I did have one person offer to sell me a "copy" of his, but I told him how unethical that was, and refused to purchase from him.

However, I had the good fortune to actually purchase one from a Café member on Sept. 19 for $125 US (plus shipping). Money was sent via Paypal. As of today, Nov. 28, two and a half months later, it has still not arrived (although he assures me it was sent when payment was received, and I have no reason to doubt him). My patience finally ran out, so I requested a refund from the seller today.

So, if anyone has one they would like to sell, I have $125 I am willing to offer for it. Please PM me.

Brian
Now that's an honest man, somebody please sell him one!
[quote]
On 2006-11-28 15:06, Mystification wrote:
Now that's an honest man, somebody please sell him one!
[/quote]

Thanks for the support -- and someone did indeed just sell me one!

If and when the original "Believe" that I ordered shows up, I told the seller that I would immediately Paypal him back the money. That of course would leave me with an extra one, which I will place up for sale on the Café for the same amount that I paid for it.

Will keep you all posted if this happens.

Brian
Let me know Brian
regards
Dan
I'm interested too Brian...
Just be patient with me... I spoke with a publisher this week.... it's coming....

but not only with Believe, but some other pet routines and killer effects that you are going to love.

Till then.....
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Dec 4, 2006 06:50PM)
Calling all Believers, check the forums ;)
If you want to see this KILL on dvd then buy lIVE! At the Jailhouse from me I got some copies left. and I PAY SHIPPING!
Justin N. Miller
Merry Christmas
Justin, nice to see you around. How is the transition going? About to go order Live at the jailhouse from you right now.

Hey there is 13 pages here how about we get on that Forum?
We are doing great! Thank you for the purchase.
Merry Christmas
Congrats justin on the new baby!
Congrats, What did you name her? Also, ever find that rattle gimmick?
Maddison..no sorry about the rattle
Nice name, God bless you, your family and you newest addition. Shame about the rattle gimmick (just kidding)

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
Yea, I'm a believer now! Finally! :)

This is really awesome, and I'm looking forward to trying it out at the restaurants.

Thanks for a great effect Aaron!

Brian
I am looking forward to hearing how your audience reacts to it. Let us all know!

Aaron
Posted: Jan 9, 2007 11:40pm
For those of you with access to the Believe Forum at SecretCenter.info, get there to see a video of my buddy Paul Vigil performing Believe for a TV spot. Enjoy!

Posted: Jan 23, 2007 6:58pm
There are two of these for sale right now. One right here on the Café and one on Ebay!
[quote]
On 2007-01-23 18:58, Aaron DeLong wrote:
There are two of these for sale right now. One right here on the Café and one on Ebay!
[/quote]

LOL, yep at more than twice the suggested price. You really need to release this and make some money Aaron.
I greatly enjoyed this effect on live at the jailhouse. Indeed it does kill, but found that it was great easy to reverse engineer. Although I don't have any knowledge of p***/mentalism wallets I'm assuming it used one, if I'm incorrect then I think it is even more fantastic...
It does not use a mentalism wallet!

Huron
The effect does not use a mentalism wallet. You may opt to do so, but it does not change the end effect. It is a matter of preference.
Aaron, I really loved Believe, unfortunately I have not yet worked it into my repetiore. I have performed it a few times and they have been blown away. I just need a different method for the final revelation.
Hey discjockey you could use a Mullica wallet...i perform it a lot at restaurants and because I don't want to keep setting it up I just use a Mullica
In the manuscript, I tell you to use a BKM wallet for the final reveal or Tony Miller's Triple Threat is a great tool. But you can find this same info in this massive 13 page Thread. There are great tips from some great users of this effect. Read it. You will find some great gems.
Aaron says he is due to release 100 more in July.
Can we get more information on this. My recollection was that when the first 100 were sold, there was a promised 3 year (?) waiting period for the next release. Am I right about that? If so, has it been three years already (or whatever period of time was promised)?

Gianni
No. This was only released last year. Unless I'm mistaken.
Reality is - don't trust people on the Café you have never met! I have #96 and have not shared the secret with anyone - I am happy you sold one to me - although I could have been a scumbag rip off artist. However, watching this whole thing tells me: 1) sell big and wide up front or 2) distribute to friends only who will give you things in return or 3) publish it in TLR, MUM or whatever so at least you will be credited for the effect in perpetuity and sue the crap out of anyone ripping you off more effectively....

Well, the good thing is, although I am sad the original agreement is not being held, is that by publishing it more widely, it will eventually be forgotten and only be used by those who understand its a gem - because, this is not a self-worker - you got to put your own charm and presentation together and be smooth in the moves.

Oh well - live and learn.
Aaron,
I would also keep my promise. It is the reason why many paid for the infromation; to have knowledge others didn't.
Why do I need to own 'believe' in order to have an opinion about the importance of honoring a limited edition statement?

I don't know Aaron, and I don't know 'believe' apart from being curious enough to want to buy one.

But I do know magic books. And as a collector as well as a performer I can say that I would be upset if I bought a limited edition book and found out the seller chose to break that promise.

Now, I am sure Aaron is rightfully upset. But there really isn't anything he can do about it. Unfortunately there are creeps in our little world. The only thing we could hope to do was to lead by good example and call people out when they do wrong. But even then, how many times has a "popular" person done something wrong and those willing to call them out are ganged up upon? Bear in mind, the creeps I am refering to are the ones who took advantage of Aaron. Aaron's feelings are justified and I think he should try to figure out a viable solution - but failing to honor the promise of a limitation is a poor choice. Aaron is punishing the people who supported him instead of the creeps who deserve it!

Now, if Aaron would like to consider other options, he should. Maybe the original purchasers of 'Believe" receive something free that only they get and will NEVER be for sale? I don't know, but the wise business decision would be to try to make things right. I don't think breaking the limitation promise is the right thing. In magic, our brand is our name. A tarnished name will carry with you wherever you do.

The decision Aaron makes impacts precendence in the marketplace. And as someone familiar with collecting, I know the importance of limitation statements. This has nothing to do with Aaron, it has to do with the issued raised by Aaron's decision.

I am sorry he feels taken advantage of, but the decision to break a promise is the wrong decision.

B
"Far as I can see Believe is valued at $125 anywhere in the world. Seeing as how everyone bought it from me for only $50, that leaves me with a -$75."

Actually Aaron, I paid you 100.00 dollars for this through Paypal. Now, before it sounds like I am going to slam on you, I really am on your side. That being said, I have always thought that if you use a pressure sales technique such as, "limited to only 100 copies", then you should stand by that statement. When you don't, it only brings your integrity into question. I am a collector of film props and replicas, and what brings value to those items is the fact that they are so hard to get and are limited in quantity, which is exactly what drives up the value. No difference here.

I do understand your aggravation about what is going on, but sad to say that the price of doing business. I wish it wasn't, but that is the reality of things. Especially so in this case, as you aren't really buying a prop as much as you are buying an idea that is easily assimilated.

This is why I don't agree with doing "Limited" runs. You just cant win either way doing that. If you hadn't limited yourself on these, they would have still been selling and you would have been making the money off of these as apposed to someone else.

When I bought this for 100.00 bucks, it was because of the limited numbers available, and that I would have something rare. Why pay double otherwise?

Although I don't happen to really be upset about your decision to go against your original commitment, in the future I would suggest not putting a cap on whatever you decide to sell. IF you do, rest assured this will happen again. Its the same in prop collecting. Once you put a piece out there, someone will eventually make a copy of your work, and start selling it. Sucks big time, but there is no avoiding it. Its the cost of doing business.

Scott
Hey, July is still a while away so the first 100 still have a little bit of time to feel special!

I think people are making this a bigger deal than it is.

You guys are forgetting that none of this changes the quality of the effect.
I agree. This is not a collector's item. The props are available at any Staples, cost less than $10, and you can make it yourself. This should never have been a limited edition item because it just results in ridiculous profit to fortunate magicians taking advantage of its limited numbers.

Unfortunately, I think Aaron made a mistake on the marketing side of this. He should have released this in unlimited numbers and made the profit he deserves. Its a brilliant effect, but $125 is an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay for this. I bet the price gets even more silly until this effect is available on a wider basis.

Truthteller makes a good point...a promise is a promise and I do agree that in almost every circumstance you need to stick by your promise, especially when you are selling something that is crafted with skill and precision. Truthteller is correct, how can you argue with that? In this case however, the props are so easy to make that once you know the secret you just sell it and reap the profit. It just results in hysteria and price gouging...not good.

Even more ridiculous is the fact that Aaron isn't getting the profit and is taking many of the complaints. Get off Aaron's back and stop complaining. Just release this thing to the general magic community and let's get on with life. Good grief.
[quote]
On 2007-01-28 03:56, Drizz wrote:

You guys are forgetting that none of this changes the quality of the effect.

[/quote]

We are not talking about quality, we are talking about value.

We must not forget that some tricksters perceive the value of their magic based on the number of people who know it's secret (that's why many of them strive to fool magicians). This is not a belief that I necessarily agree with but it does exist.

They will feel taken advantage of.

I am on neither side of the argument nor do I own the effect. Just thought I'd let some of you see the other side of the mirror.
This is a customer service issue. Customers were promised something and should be honored. Unless everyone of those original customers write Arron and give him the go ahead, I can't see how he can. Soemtimes you have to bite the bullet. Lifes lessons are alla round.

Chris
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 28, 2007 04:43AM)
I can probably guarantee that about 90% of all those who bought it originally, have already sold it on once they learned the secret, or realised the secret. This broke the promise. This was a limited item to be released, and now I think more than half the magicians in the world probably know how it's done! The original 100 should have been kept for 3 years before selling if they wanted to. As soon as people realised they could make money and sell it, they broke their promise of its' exclusive rights. The item sells everywhere now, people who got it 2nd hand then said to Aaron they had changed it a little, and were going to market it themselves! People have now scanned it and share it around the internet and download sites for free!!! How is that fair on the rest of us who bought it? It's not, so I 100% stand by Aaron in re-releasing this to those that honestly want the effect.
In think that releasing a book is going to be the better idea, rather than releasing the effect again, as Aaron never said it would be 3 years to release a book, just 3 years until he released it mainstream.
Everyone will have their own opinions which is fair enough, but truth is only one persons opinion really matters...Aarons!
Aaron, release it if you want to! Though you don't need it, you have my backing!
I was not able to attend Arron's lecture, but if I had bought and this problem come up, I would have, like Christopher, told him tomove forward with the release.

By everyone doing that, Aaron's word remains good. Come on you 100 that purchased this. Come uninte and stand up for yoru friend!!!

Chris
[quote]
On 2007-01-28 04:39, Alex Linian wrote:

We are not talking about quality, we are talking about value.

We must not forget that some tricksters perceive the value of their magic based on the number of people who know it's secret (that's why many of them strive to fool magicians). This is not a belief that I necessarily agree with but it does exist.

They will feel taken advantage of.

I am on neither side of the argument nor do I own the effect. Just thought I'd let some of you see the other side of the mirror.

[/quote]

Alex is right, however this too is only one side of the equation. This statement accurately conveys the hobbiest attitude. And while neither Alex not I may subscribe to it, it does exist.

However, there is another perspective on "value" that generates from a performer's perspective.

As a performer, I strive to offer magic that is as unique as possible. I spend thousands of dollars each year on resources trying to uncover material that no one else is doing. If everybody is doing the same stuff, then magic ceases to be special and becomes a commodity - the only thing different between me and the next guy is price. Of course there are other issues, but many people find the exclusivity of an idea a critical selling point.

There will always be people who buy something just for the secret and then pass it on in the secondary market. Magician's have tried to stop this - for example Goldston and Harbin both required non-disclosure agreements of sorts before selling their books to a buyer.

Of course, back then the world was different. Just to find out about the existence of these books meant one was somewhat in the loop. Plus, they were priced to keep them exclusive. While many may criticize the effectiveness of that approach today, back then it worked a lot better. But, the moral of that story is, the magic community has grown and if you have a paypal account you can buy a trick. The seller could try to be truly exclusive about something by only selling to people they have met (as Armando Lucero did) or get them to sign a legal document (as Kohler did) but both decisions have repercussions. The first, while having worked VERY effectively, limits the number of sales, and the second raised the hackles of people who wanted information without having to buy it themselves - they felt excluded.

But here is a partial solution for creator afraid of dealing with the same issue in the future: If the effect requires props to be made up, the smart way to handle it from the beginning is to sell only the idea at a high price. Yes, the secret will leak out. BUT only those serious will go to the trouble of making them up and performing them. As a performer, that's what I care about: Not how many magicians think they know how it works, but how many are trying to do it - especially the one's who will do it incompetently. (Often the same one's most likely to buy it, play with it and sell it.)

When I released the SBT, that is exactly what I did. The true value was in the script and routine. All it would take was 6 pages at a kinko's to copy that. But you needed certain books to do the trick. So, you had to go to the local bookstore, maybe special order a couple, and spend 40 minutes or so putting things together. The result: Lots of people bought the product, but only those who cared enough about the idea actually ended up performing it.

But to the point, unfortunately, Aaron sold to people who did not keep their word. But this logic simply does not hold:

[quote]
On 2007-01-28 05:43, Christopher Williams wrote:
I can probably guarantee that about 90% of all those who bought it originally, have already sold it on once they learned the secret, or realised the secret. This broke the promise. This was a limited item to be released, and now I think more than half the magicians in the world probably know how it's done! The original 100 should have been kept for 3 years before selling if they wanted to. As soon as people realised they could make money and sell it, they broke their promise of its' exclusive rights. The item sells everywhere now, people who got it 2nd hand then said to Aaron they had changed it a little, and were going to market it themselves! People have now scanned it and share it around the internet and download sites for free!!! How is that fair on the rest of us who bought it? It's not, so I 100% stand by Aaron in re-releasing this to those that honestly want the effect.

[/quote]

How does someone ripping Aaron off in any way suggest the logical action is to give the farm away to everyone? How does that protect the people who DID keep the agreement? Let's change the terms. Let's say I am a landlord and have 12 apartments. I have all of them filled with people who have signed leases. Two of those people break their lease. Do I now have the right to violate my agreement with the other 10 because two jerks can't follow through?

Now, there have been cases where someone starts selling an inferior knock off of a trick and the original creator posts his trick for free. In that case, it DOES punish the people who have printed up manuscripts because it kills the market for them. But Aaron's situation is different. As I understand it a big problem is with people selling their items on the secondary market before their "lease" had expired. Just because Aaron re-releases his does not mean those secondary market copies are going to go away. In fact, now that the honest people no longer having something special, it may encourage them to dump their units undercutting the price of the new release. That's what I would do. Afterall, if part of the value comes from the exclusivity of the item, and that exclusivity is no longer there, I might as well recoup as much my investment in that since it is otherwise lost. Basically, Aaron is in a loose-loose situation.

Finally, Christopher writes: Everyone will have their own opinions which is fair enough, but truth is only one persons opinion really matters...Aarons!

That's not completely true. The opnions of the other people who entered into the agreement with Aaron are just as important, if not more so. My interest is in the larger issue of efficacy of limitation statements. Aaron's decision would only affect me in so much as it may give lead another creator to decide that it is ok to break those agreements, in which case we will see a shift in the way magic is marketed and sold.

But the other purchasers do have a right to their opinions.

Brad
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 28, 2007 06:00AM)
First off, the first example you gave is completely different here. When signing a lease, you are signing a contract in essence. When people bought Aarons effect, no-one signed a contract as far as I am aware...
It was only by word that Aaron said that he would release 100 copies to people in the magic community. Those 100 people were basically told to keep it to themselves in a word agreement. And about 90% of those people have probably sold on, breaking their word to Aaron.
So...if you want to use your first example here...imagine Believe is like a room to be leased out. 9 out of 10 people break their word that they will stay for 3 years, what to do now with the 9 rooms? Might as well sell them on now...which is what people have done out of their own backs.
Brad, I respect what you say and I value your opinion...there are points for both sides on whether it should be released again or not.
This thread however is for reviews of the effect, which we are not doing...atleast in the context of what a review should be.
Here's my 2 cent.

If Aaron decided to sell them,more power to him. It's a great effect and more that anyone else he should be credited for it.

On the other hand, he did promise us that this will be exclussive for 3 years. Now, if Aaron told us that he will release them again this July for only $50, people like me,whos spend $100 for it will be surely be ****ed off becasue we were led to believe that this will be a limited production.

I understand Aaron's feeling of being cheated and scam by his own customer who cant keep their promises but I think he took the wrong business approach. I agree with Dr Spektor.If you are going to sell something, make it big and sell them as money as you can so you will be credited for it. If you want to make it a limited edition, make it expensive. It's like ultimate 3 fly, it's expensive and limited( if you know that I mean)

Well, I guess we cant be both businessman and magician. Might this be a lesson to all.
[quote]Aaron can do whatever he wants. If he resells it, I have no reason to complain, in fact I WILL ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON TO BE HAPPY! I will get to buy one. Good for me! (Now, if I were one of the first 100...I might feel differently.) [/quote]

I'm another one of "the 100" and here is my brief take on this.

I buy effects because I like the sound of their premise, not because I want to be part of some exclusive club. I liked the sound of "Believe", bought one, and was very pleased. Pleased to own "Believe", not pleased to be one of "the 100".

If Aaron wants to put these back on the market, it's fine by me. In my view, there are plenty of magicians (would-be or otherwise) in the world for this not to be a problem.

And as the effect should be personalised and tweaked to fit your own requirements, won't there be enough variations out there for our audiences not to care? And even if they do see two different people performing this, how many cups'n'balls routines could they have potentially seen? Does it [i]really[/i] matter..?
Thank you Brian.

One word and let me say that I am truly exhausted by this conversation - EXCLUSIVITY is part of what I offered. Is this effect exclusive anymore? Not as I see it. Anyone can get it. In fact, all of you, go get it for free. Someone has it and is willing to share it. Check the P2P networks. Ask your buddy for it. He will make you a physical copy of the manuscript. Go on. Is it exclusive anymore? Is it really as RARE as those trying to make money off of it by selling for $125? No, it isn't. It is rare that an original copy is sold. It is impossible to get one from me. So in that, it is rare. There is no exclusivity on this product anymore.

And for all of you upset that you paid more for it, either from me or anyone else, do you have any idea what a year of exclusive performance rights costs? Check with Copperfield and Angel. Check with anyone who does purchase the rights to an effect.... ask Wayne Houchin. Angel got his brilliant effect and the rights to it. Ask them. I know at one point in time a magician approached me before I released this effect and asked me for exclusive performance rights for 2 years. We never went through with it, but do you know what I was told to charge for that? $10,000!

So I am sorry if you feel ripped off. I do. And for those who have kept it to themselves, congrats, you are a true magician and care about your craft. You understand as I have said before and Brad Henderson posted above that doing effects that no one else knows how to do or is doing is the key to a great career.

I appreciate the support I am receiving from the BELIEVERS out there. Releasing another 100 is not the end of your exclusivity. It is the end of only 100 official sales from me. There would still only be 200 people out there that have my official product.

And this is not a collector's piece. It is a worker's piece. I have said that from the beginning. This effect has landed so many people jobs time after time after time. Put it to use and stop worrying about it's intrinsic value. I never once question the price tag of an effect that will reward 1,000 times over.

Remember, I didn't take away the exclusivity of this effect. One of you did and ruined it for everyone. I see no point to this.

Thank you all for your input and for your support. I appreciate both negative and positive. I have learned some major lessons from my first release.
I was and still am one of the original owners and I think that Aaron sold the effect to 100 people in very good faith, however many of his purchasers did not respect his wishes of keeping this out of the hands of the masses.

the choice is simple either honour the three year clause and watch rip off merchants selling his idea or the creator can profit from his own creation. Personally I think Aaron should profit rather than the thiefs who have stolen this idea. I guess it is a lesson to other creators of effects that can be self made......cash in whilst you can because there are a lot of people out there willing to rip you off.

Like chris williams said, it's quite likely a number of people have sold there's but I dare say if you asked people like myself who still have there's they would be more than likely to support Aaron in his decision to benefit from his creation before it becomes public domain.(which incidently will happen irispective of whether Aaron makes anything out of it).

all the best
aaron
Just curious, what will the price be for the next 100?
I just wanted to thank Aaron for his reasoned and civil post. While it is not the decision I would make, it is clear he has considered the ramifictions of his decisions and is willing to accept them.

People often accuse me of insisting that everyone agree with me. There is nothing further from the truth. As I have long said, I do not have to agree with someone to respect their decision - whether I feel it is right or wrong. I just want to be convinced that the choices they make are conscious ones, they understand why they do what they do, and they are willing to accept full responsibility for their actions. Too many people in magic lack the courage to be honest about who they really are, what they really do, and why they really do it.

I applaud Aaron for standing up, making a decision, and accepting the consequences- even if I may not agree. I would only hope others in the magic marketplace would be so forthright.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
I've read these many pages of posts with great interest. They appear to be a microcosm of our society and societal values.

That said, the simple truth here is that a person's word [i]is[/i] his bond. A person is either a man of his word, or, he is not. All the rationalization in the world does not change that fact. Either Aaron gave his unconditioned word (that he would not make or sell these items again for three years), or, he did not. If he did, he should keep his word--regardless of the perceived financial loss; if he did not, he should be free to issue the second set of 100 copies. End of story.

Either way, its Aaron's decision and he has to live with himself. Aaron alone knows the value of his word to himself.

Mike
Hi, I hope this debat was not started because I put one up for sale here at the Café.
I have stopped doing magic due to a time consuming study. I still follow some of the topics here at the Café and it was when I stumbled over the post I qouted below I remembered having one of these in the drawer. I can't recall any agreements on not being allowed to sell this (then I would have kept it in the drawer) and Aaron's post below doesn't indicate otherwise to me.
Without getting to involved in this I agree that copying and distrubution of this is wrong if someone is doing that.
The problem as I see it is that this trick should never have been sold as an "exclusive" in the first place. Why not just sell it to the people who were interested, being that 30 or 300.

[quote]
On 2007-01-23 22:12, tdowell wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-01-23 18:58, Aaron DeLong wrote:
[/quote]

LOL, yep at more than twice the suggested price. You really need to release this and make some money Aaron.
[/quote]
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 28, 2007 11:51AM)
[quote]
On 2007-01-28 09:23, bekralik wrote:
Christopher, you can in no way guarantee that 90% of those who bought it already sold it. You can't know the character of 100 people, most of whom you don't know personally. I'm not insulted by the insinuation but I am one of the 100 and I have not broken my agreement. We only need 10 more original purchasers to break 90%.

Brian
[/quote]

I wasn't being serious :), it was just a rough guess or a statement. I have seen many numbers pass on here, ebay, other forums and websites, and you can probably say it has been sold person to person. What I was trying to say was a lot had been sold on. If I had the time or patience, or the power, I would go back and check all the sites etc they were sold on and can find all the numbers that were sold. In fact in one case, someone was selling a number (E.g. 20 -Used only as an example!), then someone else said that they onwed 20, which meant that someone had bootlegged the effect themselves! I only state an opinion, apologies if no-one agrees with me but these opinions are what makes us all different
[quote]
On 2007-01-28 12:51, Christopher Williams wrote:
[I only state an opinion, apologies if no-one agrees with me but these opinions are what makes us all different
[/quote]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone's qualified opinion should be honored. But I must admit, I too took issue with the 90% line. That is not a statement of opinion, it was offered as a statement of fact. (I mean, that's what percentages are about - something mathematically established.) I think you can see how those who did honor Aaron's request would have felt slighted by it.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 28, 2007 01:09PM)
True, though as I have no idea about the facts, I didn't state the number. I apologise if I offeneded anyone by what I have said in any of my posts in this thread, but I still feel the same. Many of the original buyers have sold on, whether they will admit it or not. When I said 90%, I forgot it was limited to 100, meaning only 10 original owners had it, so I didn't mean it like that
Aaron,
The first release was limited to a hundred people.
Eventually, some of those people decided to share their knowledge with other people, whom you consider magicians.
Now you will release the product to more magicians.
Eventually, some of those people will decide to share their knowledgen with people, whom you consider layman.
Will you then decide to sell it to layman as well?

I'm sure the magicians who bought the second release will not be happy either.

When does it end?

Just Food for thought Aaron, I'm sorry you are upset at the fact people decided to share their knowledge with others. It is our human right to do so. There is nothing that can be done about that, but does that actually harm you in any way?. Only your actions will affect you.

I'm on your side. I don't wanna see your lose your reputation as an honest person.

That's the last thing I'll say on this topic. I hope you reconsider.

Best Wishes,
Alex
Well, I never sold it - in fact, I think I often posted angry diatribes to anyone selling it on the Café who was an original owner... because I couldn't figure out how they could sell it without breaking their word i.e. Aaron sold it to us all under the condition we also keep it exclusive for 3 years... I really felt bad for Aaron everytime I saw one pop up.

By the way - reading this thread alone is worth the $50 I paid originally :)...

Suggestion for limited releases from Aaron (or anyone) with signed copies - person buying gives name, etc. and a reference! Seller does not have to sell to interested party. Item is numbered and name coded... or as I've seen in some products, specially designed to have a certain code unique to each manuscript hidden within the text. If such item appears on the market, buyer has agreed to have his or her name blasted across the internet as scum of the earth and be potentially tarred and feathered.... after creator checks facts etc.

It seemed one problem here was that some copies were not numbered originally and then others were - hence creating no way to at least show who were the theives. All we have left is poor Aaron who at least is saying he is going to do what he is going to do - even if we are not happy about it. But as said before, I can understand his decision and I would buy an effect from him again - I just hope he takes more precautions next time for his own mental health!

Also my 2 cents - I think Brad has a right to weigh in on the subject because of his background in the magic world. As he said, it is only his opinion. This whole thread is very educational for us all in learning what we might do if such a situation arouse - or better yet - know what to do ahead of time... but I have a feeling Aaron, he is clearly a creative sort, will put out more in the future.

P.S. If there is any evidence of who sold out without you getting in trouble, Aaron, please shine the light on THEM for a while. It is also good to know who NOT to sell to in terms of highly guarded secrets (not that I have any or claim I'll have anything worthwhile ever- but for others)....

Sim sala Bim!

Also, I hope Brad does buy the effect/book - because Brad- you'll like it!
Message: Posted by: Gilgamesh_The_Librarian (Jan 28, 2007 03:02PM)
A while back, when the first 100 had been sold and yet there was still a lot of publicity been generated by the buyers and sellers in this very thread, somebody very politely asked why the discussion ( since there were no more to sell) couldn't be done more privately.

Of course this didn't happen and buyers and sellers continued their mutual back slapping and talking up the effect on a very public forum designed for reviews of effects for sale. And this is how it all turns out.

What a surprise.
I am one of the original purchasers of "Believe (#98)
I also depend on others for their creative minds to provide me with the ammunition
to do what I love. Without the creators I'd have a much more difficult time.
So I thank all of you. I also did not sell mine because I respect magic and the
creative process........

I contacted Aaron at that time and wanted to get in on this deal, and was told that I'd better hurry as they are going fast. I recall a countdown of sorts stating only 15 left....down to 10,...5 left....all sold out. Well I was motivated to say the least to hurry up and send the $$. I got #98 just made it.

Boy! I have read all the posts, can totally agree with the frustration Aaron is dealing with. I just have to say that while I understand, I am disappointed because the reason I purchased the effect was because of the original statement and promise. I value people's word and put my trust in that word regardless of the importance of the content. If my daughter promises to clean up the kitchen before she leaves for a scool activity and doesn't do it, I don't value her any less, I just would think twice about depending on her for other things.

It just boils down to one's word. If you promise something you should honor it.
Someone once said it takes years to build a reputation and only seconds to compromise it. It's not going to hurt me that more will be released, heck I still use a TT to vanish a silk and people are still amazed.

Thanks Aaron so much, really for providing me with a very amazing effect ( I couldn't have come up with it) I am amazed with most of the effects and the true talent and gift you guys have. You make me look good. I am in your debt.
Not that you need it, but I am Ok with what you want to do with your "Brainchild"
It is yours afterall.
Respectfully,
David Paul
I have one of the original 100 and I honestly never thought or expected this would truly be a limited run. And to be honest, I couldn't care less. There are literally 1000's of thumb tips floating around out there but that doesn't change the impact on my audience everytime I use one. Most people will never meet one magician in their lifetime let alone two that perform the same tricks. So at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter and their are bigger problems in the world to focus on. (like why Viking Magic never replenishes their Collector's Workshop stuff).

Eric
A much more pressing matter for sure.

Like Eric, I am also one of the original 100 purchasers. In fact he and I bought ours at the same time. (Imagine that...two neighbors spending the money to buy their own, instead of splitting one.)

I understand where Aaron is coming from. My only advice for the future is that exclusive runs are probably a disaster waiting to happen, and should be avoided. I had a personal discussion with Aaron yesterday and I have a better understanding of the circumstances behind this whole thing. With that being said, I support his decision to go ahead and release more. By waiting until July, we will have had an exclusive for a year, but as he said, now that everyone has passed it around, How exclusive is it really. I did suggest that letting the original purchasers know of his plan would go a long way and it appears that quite a few are showing up here to give their blessing.

It is a shame some dumb@$$ had to go and ruin it for everyone. I am not as upset that person made it so widely available as much as the fact that he has no creative juices flowing and had to rip it off by essentially changing the title. I mean c'mon, change the manuscript a little. If you are going to be shmuck, learn how to do it right. Just by changing the name of something is bush league. (Unless you are Greg Wilson apparently).

Will this affect my decision to purchase something from Aaron in the future. No! If it is a good effect, that goes further for me than this debate. Just don't make it exclusive next time and save yourself a headache.

The saddest thing...if a majority of people turned around and resold their orginal ones for a profit and Eric and I still have ours...a lawyer magician and a politician magician??? We are as sterotypically untrustworthy as you can get. If we are the last ones to keep our word to Aaron and are the picture of morality and ethics, lawyer/politician/magicians, then we really are in trouble on this board.

Now about those long overdue CW backorders.....
Fear not. Magic effects do not die in the hands of legal or illegal exposure of their so-called exclusive secrets... they meet their death in the hands of poor performers.

Commerce and criminality aside....this effect in the right hands will continue to amaze..

(By the way.....y'know that trick with the linking rings....i hear that one of the rings is rigged!)
Notice since the word got out that more "Believe" would be made and sold, there has been a dramatic increase in used ones for sale here in the Café.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 30, 2007 03:29AM)
I am currently in the process of working out a bit more on this effect, and improving a few areas. Once my tests are done, which should be tomorrow or Thursday I will let Aaron know how they have gone.
Just wanted to say that I was one of the original hundred and I have and will continue to keep this to myself.
Its a shame this got out, but I doubt many of them will actually perform this, and I'm still happy I paid for it as its a great effect.
Aaron, when are you releasing the next 100?
Aqmagish20,

I believe (no pun intended) that July was the release date, mentioned elsewhere in the last few pages.

Rick
OK, thanks. Didn't read the last few pages.

thanks - Andy
Wow, have not been to this thread in awhile....I wonder if the copys contained the #? If so, it would be real easy to know if you had a copy. Not that it matters much. I bought mine from Justin at a lecture.Mine had no #, but to make it legit, I felt it needed something, so, mine has no #, but Justins signature and date purchased.

So, mine is exclusive although it contains no #. once this effect hits the market, I will buy it again. Support the small guys that are creative....otherwise you push them"undergound". So share if you will, next time you might get less than you pay for.
Just to address the issue - it has been brought to my attention that others have decided to sell their BELIEVE since I made the announcement. Said items are being sold at $125 and more.

Be aware that the new release will not be anywhere near that price and will contain several other items in addition to BELIEVE. So you get more for your money if you wait. Just my thoughts.

And yes, the first 10 that I sold through Justin were not numbered. An oversight on my part. So Justin signed and dated them himself. Very rare indeed if you are a collector.
Hey Aaron, we originals who didn't sell out - do we get any of the new stuff at a discount ;)?
Aaron, when do you guys anticipate taking orders? Spring seems the release date, but I wouldn't mind pre-ordering.
All sale information will be released on my website. Pre orders will not be taken until June. I will also advertise here on the Café with a banner on the main page if they last.

Aaron
[quote]
On 2007-01-30 12:45, Aaron DeLong wrote:

And yes, the first 10 that I sold through Justin were not numbered. An oversight on my part. So Justin signed and dated them himself. Very rare indeed if you are a collector.
[/quote]

This might just be off the market for a few more years ;)
Aaron and Justin, do you guys ever come to North Carolina? Would love to see a professional Magician for real.

Believe sounds like great magic.

Thanks
Keith
I have sold mine, if the new release contain several other items in addition to BELIEVE. I will buy it again.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jan 31, 2007 02:22AM)
The improvements I was playing with yesterday worked a treat when I was in the shop and I got to try this a few times as well. I will try work on another manuscript for Aaron and others if they want it. Basically it makes it more entertaining, more misdirection and more pocket handable!
I haven't read this thread very carefully so perhaps I missed it, but I read that a demo could be seen on Justins DVD. Is there a performance of Believe anywhere else for those of us who don't own that DVD?

Thanks,
Jeff
If I recall, the special live performance was e-mailed for download to the original buyers :) (that alone again makes the $50 primo cool deal).
OK, let me re-word that. :) Is there a demo of this for those that have yet to own it and don't have the Jailhouse DVD?
Any idea what is the latest update on availability and price.
June pre orders will be taken and items ship in July.

Aaron
I thought these things were never to be released again after the 100 already sold. Was that just a marketing plan to sell the 100, or am I mistaken, and limited number was never mentioned?
[quote]
On 2007-01-31 15:16, Irishghost wrote:
I thought these things were never to be released again after the 100 already sold. Was that just a marketing plan to sell the 100, or am I mistaken, and limited number was never mentioned?
[/quote]

please read the thread. that is why it exists.
s
Aaron, Thanks for your fast and candid info, I ( like many I just came accross the thread)have not read the entire thread, So please tell us the price and what is in the new package and how to order. Thanks Dave.
[quote]
On 2007-01-31 15:32, the Sponge wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-01-31 15:16, Irishghost wrote:
[/quote]

please read the thread. that is why it exists.
s
[/quote]

I did, and on the first page it says:

Just some info on the release of this effect - I am only making 100. I will release them for now through Justin Miller's lectures only. He takes 10 with him to every lecture. That means 10 lectures from now, he may sell them all. We have already released 6 into the world. Only 94 left. If I were you, I would find a way to get to one of Justin's lectures.

I would suggest you take your own advice.
Dave,
I will do so as I get closer to June. I have several effects I would like to put into this publication, but am not sure which ones. I am working diligently on it.

I see no reason to charge any less for this item than before, but a price is to be determined.
Aaron, I thought I saw somewhere that you were going to package it with other effects? Also I tried your web site and it is down. Do you have other things too?
I don't get it. It seems the whole issue was brought on by a limited edition run in the first place. Why do another limited edition run? What problem does that solve? Once this next 100 sells out you'll still end up whining because people are ripping off your effect and the original people who bought it will still be whining because they thought they were buying something that was limited to 100 copies.

For the love of god, either don't release any more or just make it a normal (not limited) release so at least we'll only have to listen to whining from one group of people.

Thanks!
Mmmmmm...
This time I must agree with Magicsquared.
Honesty, I hate limited edition....
I don't believe I said it would be a limited run this time. I said I was releasing 100 more in July. I am not a production company, nor do I have time to try to be one. 100 more will be released in July. I am not making any promise that there won't be more after that.... just that there will be another release in July.

I am not sure what value exclusivity and a limited run would offer here on the next 100. My argument for doing this again is that it is no longer exclusive because of the free sharing. There is no benefit to me holding off on the release another 2 years. So I wouldn't dream of opening that Pandora's box again.

I am simply taking the time to release 100 more in July. I have no future scheduled date to release any more. When I get time to do it again, I will.

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 7:01pm
Dave,
I do have other unreleased effects that will come in the same booklet. No, I am not releasing a product description yet as I am still deciding which ones to include.

The site is brand new and is being built. I have two others that do work.

http://www.tru-magic.com and http://www.magic-lectures.com
I can’t believe that Aaron is being scrutinized for releasing more of what people want! And he has fully explained the reasoning behind his limited release, so relax and buy it or not. But stop the ….
Again... let me take this opportunity to announce the STRICTLY LIMITED release of my NEW effect. It is in fact so POWERFUL and so LIMITED, that I have decided that it will remain available to NO ONE.

I will not be taking orders by check or paypal or any major credit cards very shortly.
[quote]
On 2007-01-31 16:40, Irishghost wrote:

I did, and on the first page it says:
[/quote]
No you didn't. If you had, you would have read the reasons and controversy. there are 15 pages to this thread, not just page one.

s
[quote]
On 2007-02-01 00:54, oombob wrote:
Again... let me take this opportunity to announce the STRICTLY LIMITED release of my NEW effect. It is in fact so POWERFUL and so LIMITED, that I have decided that it will remain available to NO ONE.

I will not be taking orders by check or paypal or any major credit cards very shortly.

[/quote]

LOL.... As I don't own this POWERFUL and LIMITED effect I will secretly be offering NO copies of NOTHING for half the price of NOTHING on Ebay.... Bids start at NOTHING
Aaron is not a fidler crab.
I am an original owner of Believe. I have not sold mine. In fact I have kept it closely guarded... never performing it around another magician. Never discussing it. I have to say, I am very disappointed by Aaron's decision. The I held up my end of the bargain, I feel he should too. Since all agreements are now null and void, I should be free to sell mine for whatever I can get for it. However, I won't. I think Aaron should be compensated for creating such a killer effect. Compensated for making me look good. So while I don't agree with Aaron's decision, I don't blame him.

That being said, should the new release contain the effect AND bonuses, all for the same price that I originally paid, then my attitude will definitely change. I think its unacceptable to break one's promise, re-release the effect, AND include more routines and/or bonuses, all for the same price. Should that happen, I would have to think twice about supporting Aaron.

Shawn
LOL.... As I don't own this POWERFUL and LIMITED effect I will secretly be offering NO copies of NOTHING for half the price of NOTHING on Ebay.... Bids start at NOTHING
[/quote]

I will NOT be proceeding with LEGAL ACTION against you forthwith.
I WON'T see you in court....
Nor is he an elk
Serious question before I buy this: does the spect ever write down his word? (if its already been answered..i couldn't see thru the sea of prattle)
They can write it or say it out loud. The effect doesn't hinge on this part. The final reveal wouldn't be any less strong if they told you their thought of word.

The fact that any word they name is on the back of the card in the sealed envelope and the card matches the (seriously) freely selected card is the punch of this routine. Not how the thought of word is obtained.

Does this help? PM me for any other questions.
Ok, I was under the impression that the word was merely thought of and that's it (a little sleight of word trickery on the description of the trick on the first page then
I just need to be clear is it the fact that the effect is being being circulated by some idiots, or the fact that it is being circulated and Aaron is receiving no further income from the product?

if it is trhe former reason, will those circulating copies stop because the effect is to be re-released?

if it is the later, a while ago, Aaron sold 100 units at $50 and was happy with this, a business decision was made. at the time Aaron rated his effect as worth $5000 (less costs) in hindsight the product was undervalued, however in Hindsight I should have bought those shares in Apple during the 70's, In hindsight I should have never spent money on the nothing DVD by Max Maven,

If they had been sold for $500 would members be quite so happy with the decision for the effect to be marketed before the expiration of the three years.

just thinking out loud