(Close Window)
Topic: James Brown Workeroo
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 30, 2007 06:20AM)
Ok, first off, let me say WOW! I have had this for a little while no and had chance to fit it and play with it and even use it! It is simply incredible! Having owned the Direct Link by John Anders, I thought...how much different can this be...and let me tell you, if you looked at the two, you would think they do different things!!! What James has created here is quite simply one of THE BEST things on the marlet today! The design is great, and perfect for anyone! The craftsmanship is amazing, and top notch, what you get for your money is a bargain. I really doubt anyone can find a flaw with this!

When you open the box, you find your Workeroo and a little something to help fit the item. You also get a CD rom and a DVD. On the CD rom, which I recommend using first, you learn how to set up your Workeroo. On this CD rom, there are 2 word documents. The first is a 2 page document which teaches step by step how to set your Workeroo into your trousers. Plenty of clear pictures as well with EVERY step meaning anyone can follow along, however, best to leave this to your aunt Betty or someone who knows what they are doing, even though it is simple. My fingers mean a lot to me...so I'll get my girlfriend to do it. The other document talks about fitting it in Jeans. Obviously there are two main performance clothes used...Jeans for street performers or people who like performing to friends and family...and even workers and pros wear jeans casually at times to perform. Or, there are the more formal suit trousers. Here you are taught how to do both styles, and you could adapt either to ANY pair of trousers, so great that James included that, you can see how well thought out this is.

Then we come to the DVD. The DVD is not shot in an L & L studio, and not to an L & L audience like we all wish we could take with us everywhere, but in what I would say is some sort of...cafe at a guess...but a very nice looking and classy Café.
First is the introduction where James obviously explains a little about the Workeroo. After that comes the Basic handling. Here James goes through ALL the different little things you can do with this, with a quick demonstration, followed by a quick teach. The Workeroo really is pretty much self explanitory, but James makes sure you still know what to do, and how to do it. The applications are endless! Productions, vanishes, peeks, changes, holdout etc, the list goes on!!!

Now for some routines. The first is a quick coin routine. James performs to a girl a quick coin routine where the coin vanishes and appears in different places a couple times, and then completey vanishes. This is a perfect opener or street starter, and is really cool. Especially as he performs and teaches his coin thru hand. Anyone who does a one coin routine, or any coin routine in the hands, would like this, just to add in to their act, its killer! And fools EVERYONE! After the performance you see the legend that is Gary Jones come on as James takes you step by step at a steady pace through how the first routine worked. The instructions are simple and clear. I knew what was coming up at times...and I still missed it! James goes through misdirection as well here, which is great to hear at all times! He talks about angles etc about which hand goes where at each stage, and even Gary asks questions to help people who would want to ask...but obviously watching a DVD...can't ask the DVD for a response. Gary explains little things that he can/can't see which also gets covered, love it!

After this is a card to pocket routine, very clever, different, and I can see this going into most peopls act IMMEDIATELY!!! Again, a teach in with Gary. First off, a thought of card to pocket, then a repeat, then a complete vanish! Then a 6 card to pocket routine, I really like this!!! Well constructed and again well taught. I missed the 'move' several times, and I want to use this ASAP!!! Going to take a small amount of practice as everything will, but what a brilliant routine. I don't want to say too much because I really want others who get this to see how amazing this routine looks. Again, James shows off his great misdirection built into a routine, and explains step by step, every outcome, what would you do. I think the fact that Gary again asks 'What would happen if...' or adds his own ideas, really adds to this. Gary has in my opinion the best 6 cards to pocket routine created with just 6 cards and pocket...i think he might change to this now! No palming what soever, no moves, highly visual...just...Magical!!! James also goes through several ideas and so does Gary, again strengthening the effect!

Next James does a different card to pocket, which was seen on the demo to the DVD, but extended. Another very well constructed routine, with a signed card. The great thing again is the misdirection. Very simple, very effective, the routine..could be incorporated into your current ambitious card or something like that. A very strong routine indeed!

Ring routine performance- A series of different applications and routines you can do with a borrowed ring. Now, whilst watching, you may think...how can they not see what he is doing?!?! But you will see when you try it yourself, there is built in misdirection. As there are no moves with the workeroo, they have no reason to believe it is anywhere else than where it should be. A great series of things you can do, including a borrowed ring to box which was on display since before you even borrowed it! You learn how to very quickly gimmick ANY ring box, and no it isn't a hole in the bottom! I hate to say it again, but yet another strong routine!!! (Are there any weak ones you can do with this!!...i think not...:))
Gary and James also go trough what happens if people look over the box etc and how to handle it, and Gary and James both make some great points!

You the see a live performance of several applications to two guys...who seemed a little gormless if I do say...personally if I saw what James did, I would be very impressed, they didn't seem too impressed, but I think they were impressed, just didn't show it. Gary spoke to them afterwards to see what they thought, and they both commended James on how they didn't see a thing and how amazing it looked.

You also get several ideas, first off, the signed coin in envelope...or out of envelope should I say...holy cow!!! What a great idea!!! Hands clean, hands off, the spectator places the coin in the envelope...they seal it...they hold it...and the dirty work is already done!!! So devilishly clever!

A few cool coin changes and vanishes, even one which changes in mid air!!! This has to be seen! Way way cool guys!

Again, more talks between Gary and James talking about all different ideas and applications that you can take away yourself. The workeroo can be incorporated with so many routines, and they can help get rid of extra items, or gimmicks etc to leave you clean, this really is a dream piece! I can't believe how many ideas these guys gave out! They didn't have to, but it was great, as they were jamming back and forth ideas. This section is just as valuable...if not more valuable than the other ideas, as it really exploits all the different aspects! Credits are given out to who they need to be, and all in all, one of the best releases in years!

So to some up. The workeroo itself is not a trick, it is a utility to work with ANY effect, and I really can't believe I have one. Having seen the direct link and owning one, and then having this, this is far superior and so many more applications and an easy handlings. They are well taught with great ideas and a friendly atmosphere. James really needs to be congratulated on how well this has come out and I think all of what I have just said STILL DOESN't GIVE IT JUSTICE! This is one of those items you have to own and use to appreciate how incredible this is! Well done, and thanks James!!! 11/10!
Christopher,

Thanks for the review!
I emailed to James Brown a few weeks ago as for holding one for me.
Unfortunatly I can't afford to buy it right now...I hope There will be some left in the future?

Best,
One question before I buy this. will my enlarged gut , get int he way ? lol not that I'm huge but still ahaha its a real question in my mind of this is better for the slim
Size should not be a problem. As long as you can pull it in an inch or so you will be fine! (ie breath in and out)

James Brown
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk
Well than it shouldn be a problem for me, one of those young punks that like to wear my pants below the hips..ahha
Haha I can suck the gut in james! hopefully ill have the cash soon!
Cant wait to get this!!
I can tell you only a couple of things about the Workeroo.

Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!

This is very close to the same thing as my Silent Butler. If you find a topit usefull, then the Workeroo will be invaluable. JMHO
I got a call from my girlfriend telling me a package with magic in it had arrived. I asked who it was from she said "i don't know except I know he had the same name as a famous singer" Either Michael jackson had turned his hand to producing magic or James Brown's workaroo had arrived.....suffice to say it was the latter.

I don't know how this compares to other similar ideas, however I will say that this is a utility item I have wanted for quite some time for use when a topit is not practical and despite making a few enquiries in both the uk and Europe, no one has come back to me with something to sell.....Until now.

the item itself is clearly very well made and I'm sure will work very well. I.m going to get a seamstress to sew it in but I imagine I could quite easily do it. The instructional cd is clear and whilst the pictures are very small, they are fairly high resolution and consequently can be enlarged,

the dvd is really very good, with some nice ideas, I think anyone getting this will probably realise very quickly this has numerous applications akin to the topit.

all in all I think this is an absolute winner,which will no doubt allow some very clean looking magic. I imagine I will be using this at every gig from now on. Thanks James

One further thought. Although it requires some sewing the device is portable and I think if you made a temporary modification to the device you could use it with just one pocket in a number of different pairs of trousers. which really apeals to me,
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 13:34, nikyas wrote:
Cant wait to get this!!
[/quote]

I have one, :lol:

This is just awesome and the amount of work that went into this project is just staggering. James has been working on this utility device for a number of years now, changing the design and materials etc. It then had to be road tested to iron out all the glitches etc, the result of all this work is what we see now, the Workeroo is finally here.

OK, this isn't something you can do straight after opening the package, this will take some work but nothing difficult. Once you have the Workeroo fitted the only problem you'll have is not over using it :D.

I've been lucky enough to have been part of the road testing and although it has been a long journey to iron out all the problems i.e. design and materials, it's also been a very enjoyable one on the creative side.

Some great full routines are included on the DVD plus loads of ideas and moves. Just read the Chris William's review, this ain't no hype trust me. On this DVD you will see real miracles performed in the real world for real people.

I just love the card to pocket plot and on this DVD you will see a number of routines where the thought of card, the signed card, a number of cards and the whole deck vanish from your hands and end up in your pocket (or a pocket chosen by the spectator) and all without any palming or moves. Plus you will witness a brilliant borrowed ring to ring box and borrowed ring to your finger, this last effect is done with just one hand. If you do coin work then the Workeroo will be invaluable, great for complete vanishes, changes and ditching.

You will also see me and James just jazzing, if you like this type of magic then you'll love this, plus it will not take you very long to come up with your own routines. And remember, all of these effects can be performed in just a tee shirt and jeans if you wish, you really don't need to wear a jacket, I do when working but that's just a personal thing.

If you have any queries or questions about the Workeroo please don't hesitate to PM either myself or James.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
I haven't read all of these great things as I already know how great it is!!!

Thanks James, can't wait to use this at my next gig!!!!

Buy one NOW!

Ben Williams
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 16:25, Nechto wrote:
I haven't read all of these great things as I already know how great it is!!!

Thanks James, can't wait to use this at my next gig!!!!

Buy one NOW!

Ben Williams
[/quote]

Hi Ben,

Your brilliant effect TEAR-able Sessions is great when used in conjuction with the Workeroo, the vanish is a breeze. If you have Ben's excellent effect then you'll know what I mean.

Cheers Ben.

Gary.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 30, 2007 03:52PM)
And, I did hear Copperfield no longer needs a big screen or banner to vanish the staute of liberty! All thanks to James Brown! Do yourself a favour, and get this now!
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 16:52, Christopher Williams wrote:
And, I did hear Copperfield no longer needs a big screen or banner to vanish the staute of liberty! All thanks to James Brown! Do yourself a favour, and get this now!
[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Copperfield has just contacted me about buying one, I told Richard Copperfield to contact James direct :).

I use the Workeroo to clean up the bill switch and it also resets, I now use this with Gregory Wilson's brilliant pit stop move, awesome combination.

If you do the Torn and Restored Cig Paper try it with the Workeroo, it's as clean as can be, you can even get the spectator to tear the paper.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 30, 2007 04:17PM)
Agreed, this is just down right awesome!
Sounds amazing! No one has mentioned the price yet.

M
Around 160ish US dollars
Wow!...expensive, but after positive revues, I'll take the plunge. The demo video looks amazing!
Gigi
Can anyone compare the amount of sewing involved with the amount of sewing required for Richard Sander's Interlace? Interlace was a little too much needlework than I care for.

Also, could someone elaborate on what Paul said earlier about the device being portable?

Matt

[quote]
On 2007-07-30 15:03, Paul Wingham wrote
One further thought. Although it requires some sewing the device is portable and I think if you made a temporary modification to the device you could use it with just one pocket in a number of different pairs of trousers.
[/quote]
Great review!!Wondering whether setting the thing up is a hassle?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 31, 2007 03:00AM)
Ok guys...TECHNICALLY, no sewing has to be done, but for pure ease, it really isn't hard. If you want you could do a botch job and sellotape it! However, when you spend the money on it, and see what you get, you will realise you owe it to yourself to have it fitted professionally
I missed the postie on saturday, so will finally pick it up tomorrow hopefully
glad the dvd has some live footage of performances,
I think you can learn just as much watching pro's like james and gary performing in the real world....
just got some new 36" trousers but there doesn't seem to be much room?? :hmm:
ill see what I can do when I pick it all up from the post office
thanks for getting this out so quick james
and cheers to all those involved in the product
I have a couple of questions.

I'm assuming the shirt has to be tucked into the pants in order for this to work, is this correct?

Can this be adapted to use with shorts, or are pants required?

Matt
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 31, 2007 12:45PM)
You have to have access to the top of your trousers, so it depends on the length of your shirt. And yes it can work with shorts
Got mine today!!! yeah!!!

I havent try it yet but it's very clever! Have to buy new pants now!
A lot has already been said about how amazing the Workeroo is. I must say that I not only agree with the sentiments already put forward, but I must add that it is a must for anyone serious within the art.

James and I have discussed (for many hours at times) the Workeroo’s application to other areas of magic such as Mentalism. If you put your 'thinking caps' on there will be so many possibilities opened up to you. This is definitely not an all you see is all you get device.

I am already creating miracles with my Workeroo, why not get your own today?

A wonderful investment for any serious magician or hobbyist!

Kindest,

-Paul

P.S. Think of all of those crappy effects that litter your ‘magic drawer’, the ones that you can’t end clean on, well it’s time to resurrect them and get back those wasted £s/$s.
I'm getting this puppy fitted today!! Wahooo!!

Can't wait to try it out live and really fry some brains!! I'll put up a full review and make a video of it if I can as soon as I have got my teeth into performing with it.

Thanks again James,

Ben
I guess this can be used as a delaying tactic (if you catch my drift) but basically controlling a card to the top, dump into the workeroo, under some misdirection of course, put a hand into the pocket and palm the card out to load into a card to wallet
Spot on!!
How about for a very clean non-reel ringflite!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 2, 2007 02:04PM)
James has some great ring effects on there, I am aure you can incorporate them into any other routine! Great finish btw for the Ring thing!
Do I need to buy a pair new pants to fit the workeroo in.or my current ones will do it?

thanks in avance.

WU.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 3, 2007 07:26AM)
Hard to call, James recommends buying a pair one size too big for you, but it fits my suit at my size perfect, I tried it out just by setting it up without sewing and it worked, so it might work for you without a new size
Workeroo is now my number one most requested effect. The spectators are baffled whenever I display this.
I have now ordered one and am eagerly awaiting this, want this asap

I have a pair of trousers now that feel too big for me, (from too much bike riding, losing a bit of weight) and I reckon these will work just fine.

will this device work just as well with a suit jacket on?
didn't realise you can have this hooked up without having to sew

am looking forward to the card to pocket routine, is this the same routine performed on the pot of jam dvd?
Would it be an idea to have a special forum dedicated to workeroo users to post ideas and routines?
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 08:49, Art Vandalay wrote:
Workeroo is now my number one most requested effect. The spectators are baffled whenever I display this.
[/quote]You are joking, I hope? Isn't the workeroo supposed to stay invisible, and, well, in a private place?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 3, 2007 02:38PM)
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 15:22, Doug Peters wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]You are joking, I hope? Isn't the workeroo supposed to stay invisible, and, well, in a private place?
[/quote]

I think he means, when he displays the effects to which he incorporates with the use of the workeroo
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 17:04, Glogal wrote:[quote]
On 2007-08-03 15:38, Christopher Williams wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 15:22, Doug Peters wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I think he means, when he displays the effects to which he incorporates with the use of the workeroo
[/quote]
[/quote]

Why should'nt owners have a private forum to exchange ideas, routines etc.?
So I paid for my workeroo yesterday and it came this morning via special delivery, I was pretty excited to see the postman with a fairly large brown box in his hands, I knew this was gonna be my workeroo.

first thing I noticed without opening the box was how light the box was, so I thought to myself the device must be super light, and I was right!

when I opened the box I saw the workeroo lying there and a big grin came upon my face, I kinda knew what I was expecting and I couldn't wait to put the cd rom and dvd into my dvd player, luckily the kids and wife were out for a few hours so I was able to watch in piece and quiet, let me just reiterate the routines on the dvd are great, there are about 4-5 routines on the dvd, but countless of ideas to get your brain spinning with ideas and routines, let your mind run wild, I know mine has already and have already adapted this to a couple of routines I do already to make them cleaner and more magical, the cd rom is very easy to understand on how to fit the device with very clear photos.

All I can say is I love this device, I have been using the trabucco holdout device for a while but I am transferring to this now, this by far shines above the rest of holdout/ditching devices out there, I am very pleased I ordered one.

I have read Chris Williams review and I can honestly say I can echo everything he has said, the six cards to pocket routine is awesome, and I too missed some of the moves even while watching the explanation, this just shows you how powerful a device this is, a great coin routine and countless other routines and ideas to get you thinking.

if you guys don't get this you will be missing out big time

Very highly recommended

oh one other thing this is extremely easy to use after watching the dvd, I set this baby up, (yes you can practice with this without having to do the necessary sewing) and I was already fooling myself in front of the mirror and I was glued to my hands the whole time, the natural body movements cover the necessary actions to the workeroo.

Very highly recommended

order from http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk
Christopher,

Thanks a lot my friend,
[quote]
On 2007-08-04 08:29, Daren wrote:
So I paid for my workeroo yesterday and it came this morning via special delivery, [/quote]

Wow, that was quick. I ordered mine on 30th July and haven't received it yet. Royal Mail strikes...tch!
Andi you will love this!
All sounds very interesting. I'm tempted but I have a few quick questions:

Am I correct in thinking that this can work ok for both left and right handed people? I'm a lefty and prefer to palm with my left hand. Can Workeroo be switched from right to left?

For the last few months I've been getting a lot of mileage out of Interlace. Thing I like about interlace is that now that it's set up I can do it whenever I like with minimal setup (ok so there is one rather vital necessity but that's not an issue for me). Is Workeroo similar in this respect? And can Werkeroo be set up to be used with the same outfit?...Better yet, can workeroo be used to improve the Interlace effect (any owners of both might be able to figure out what I mean here)?
Hah! I just read through the entire post before asking this very same question WanderingMagician.
[quote]
On 2007-08-05 08:04, WanderingMagician wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that this can work ok for both left and right handed p
[/quote]

No Problem - Doesn't make a difference.

[quote]
For the last few months I've been getting a lot of mileage out of Interlace. Thing I like about interlace is that now that it's set up I can do it whenever I like with minimal setup (ok so there is one rather vital necessity but that's not an issue for me). Is Workeroo similar in this respect?
[/quote]

Once set up the Workeroo can be used constantly or ignore it without concern.

[quote]
And can Werkeroo be set up to be used with the same outfit?...Better yet, can workeroo be used to improve the Interlace effect (any owners of both might be able to figure out what I mean here)?
[/quote]

Yes you can link the two. Yes, I believe you could clean up at least one moment!

JB
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk/alex.html
Fab news. Cheers for getting back on this so fast James. I'll be ordering shortly.
I just wanted to bump this back up to the top as I have mine now, YAY!!! All I can say is SWEEEET! It will take a bit of practice to learn to make it look smooth but within seconds of engaging the gimmick should I say I was spooning my sister (who knows a fair bit of magic already) out REALLY BADLY, she had no idea what I was doing!!

I can't wait till I am ready to bring this into my walkaround act, a while practicing and looking into improving my existing routines with it and I'll be UNSTOPPABLE!! Well that's how it makes me feel!

I was having a chat with James for a while today and with a little thought came up with a few ways to REALLY improve other routines that are being used by loads of pro's.

I cannot recommend this enough as it opens sooooo many doors, seriously stop looking at the NEXT ULTIMATE levitation or whatever floats your boat and have a serious think about saving some money for this gem, actually don't I want to be one of the few people using this great device.

Seriously think about it.

That's all I have to say until I have done this professionally and can come back with some more stories of people going mad!!

Cheers James,

Ben
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 21, 2007 12:10PM)
An idea for those that have this and know either James Diminishing Queens routine from his DVD, or my Queens Transpo from my DVD, show the four cards in your hand, and one in theirs, then show four in their hand I.e the Queens, and you have nothing in your hands, then pull the signed card out from your pocket! Those that have it should make some sense out of that
One very good thing about Workeroo, if you own the Slydini books, you no longer need a table to lap things. All those great sitting tricks are now workable.
"Like a theese, anda lika dat"
James
HI I don't know if ive posted in the right place, but just want to say I used James Brown's Workeroo the other night (Saturday) for the first time, what can I say as a utility device it's one of the BEST things I have ever bought, Ive set it up in my dress trousers and works like a dream I preformed A coin bend and was nervous but from the reaction I need not of been the groups I worked for screamed and then stunned silence...

Preformed james thought of card to pockets and one bloke was shaking his head in disbelief ( I had previously had let him catch me on purpose so I could lead him up the garden path, to make the overall effect stronger) personally id like to thank James very much, I know a lot of time and effort must have gone into this product, to get it onto the market.

The DVD looks professionally filmed is very clear and consise the routines are not pipe dreams and would say James have probably worked on them for a number of years, the ring in boxstring routine is a real worker. I wish you all the success with the Workeroo
Just ordered mine :)
Looking forward to laying my hands on it!

M
Mine is also on order, can't wait has so many uses.
Thanks James.

Paul
Please review when you have had a chance to use it Paul.

All the best

James Brown
I tried to do this the other week. Things where just going all over the floor. It was nightmare, people where just staring at me awkwardly.

Then I realized...

I don't own a workeroo.

M:C

P.s James, I'll see you on the 6th of Sept if your still coming!
Looking forward to it Matt! Did you want me to bring a Workeroo, save you the postage!!

JB
Yeh go on bring one matey...no promises I'll buy it tho...I don't wear pants very often :)

P.s your getting a bashing on the "feminine mystique" forum on here for not making a version for flowery dresses. ;)
[quote]

P.s your getting a bashing on the "feminine mystique" forum on here for not making a version for flowery dresses. ;)
[/quote]

On the contrary, the Workeroo works perfectly in both of the dresses I normally wear:-)

James 'crossdresser' Brown
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 24, 2007 10:59AM)
[quote]
On 2007-08-24 11:57, theboss wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

On the contrary, the Workeroo works perfectly in both of the dresses I normally wear:-)

James 'crossdresser' Brown
[/quote]

THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question: can you wear this into a party and be comfortable all night, move around, sit uo or down, dance, drive etc freely without feeling that you should change clothes ?

Thanks for your replies

Joaquin
Hi Joaquin

You could wear this all night without worries. I drive to gigs with it, perform stood up and sat down, no problems.

JB
Nightmare when you leave the bottle load in. And fall to sleep.

I've just finished watching the DVD that comes with Workeroo,and wow it's hard to describe what an excellent job James has done without slipping in the odd swear word.I thought the card effect he did on the waitress was amazing!she had no clue,the misdirection was spot on.Really pleased with my purchase worth every penny.
Can this be transferred between pants without too much trouble? I generally wear 2 different suits, depending on the gig, so wondering if I'd need to buy 2?
This really does look great but my only concern is I have seen James win competitions at the magic circle and he looked cool, but if these are the type of pants you have to wear like he does in this demo it looks so so uncool. They are hoisted massively and make Simon Cowell look trendy. Everything else about the magic looked spot on , but I didn't even know the effect but thought something looks wrong with those pants. Do you have to where such geeky pants (sorry James) as you don't normally.
Lol sorry but the above post made me laugh! :D Yea what is with James Brown and his geeky style of pants!!

Though actually it is a fair question,I wear 32inch suit pants when Im performing.Im wondering would I need to get a bigger pants size,also Im known for wearing the same clothes over an over ;) but if by some huge miracle I decide to buy a new suit would I be able to transfer from one pants to another?

Anyways I bought the product a few days back so I'll find out soon enough :) To me neither points are make or break...After all Im a geek and hate to shop ;)
I am currently developing a method so you can have your shirt/Tshirt untucked. Details to follow....

James Brown
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk/alex

If anyone is at the Bristol Magic Bar (UK) Opening this week I will see you there.
Got it this morning.Excellent!

Cheers buddy!

Pete
Hi all, in the workeroo dvd James does an excellent top change can anyone suggest a book or dvd where I might learn it.Thanks in advance.
Someone else asked me this but I lost the persons details. I learnt by doing, constantly. Method is basic and can be found on in many resources, Doc Easons Card Under Glass routine for one. The key is to do it and do it till it becomes second nature. that's when the TC has real power.

James Brown

Cheers for your comment Pete. Please review as soon as you have a mo.
You may like to know that my next DVD will include explanation of this move.
[quote]
On 2007-09-03 13:34, theboss wrote:
I am currently developing a method so you can have your shirt/Tshirt untucked. Details to follow....

James Brown

If anyone is at the Bristol Magic Bar (UK) Opening this week I will see you there.

[/quote]

untucked version?? wow this is great!!! when are we expecting to hear about this?
Hi James,
Wearing an untucked shirt or Tshirt, will it be a method utilizing the 'Workeroo' or a new 'Workeroo' version?
Thanks,
Gigi
I noticed on the web-site that one needs 30-40 inch pants. I have an um.... ok 42 inch waist. Should I start the slim fast, or will it work for me?

Also, could this be attached with Velcro so that one could use it in several pairs of pants? (I realize they would all need to be adapted)

Thanks!
Hi James,
Could you please answer the above? Just wondering if I would have to purchase another new version or an accessory to add to it, or would the new version be able to handle a tucked and untucked shirt?
Thanks,
Gigi
The idea has not been fully developed yet but will not require a new Workeroo. I will also let existing users have the idea for free. With regards to having a 42 waist - You can try it but you might have to force off an inch or two first!

JB
Hi james any date on the dvd release.
Afraid not. Looking towards Blackpool though.

JB
Sadly I think I need ot hit the gym lol
Hi,
I bought one right when they came on sale , I have it fitted its great!
If you know me then you know that I rarely endorse other peoples products. In this case I just had to come back on this topic to recommend the Workeroo. I give it 10 of 10 as a rating. If your in need of a topit but your attire doesn't allow it, then the Workeroo may be right for you. I personally wish that James had not brought this product onto the market, because soon... and I mean really soon... everyone will know what can be accomplished with this amazing utility device.

Again... I give this my highest rating. So, Run... don't walk to get this...
Many thanks David. As this has been such a success I am currently looking at the possibility of production so that more people will be able to make use of this utility. I wouldn't go out without this. Although there is a fashion issue if you don't have a suit on (something I intent to remedy) the effect you can create more than justifies any wardrobe malfunction!

If any users want to share ideas, without divulging secrets I'd love to hear.

James Brown
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk Workeroo Available Now
James,
It is never a problem for me to tell the truth about such a fine product as Workeroo. I meant every word. As for ideas... well, they are never ending in MHO as your only limited by your own imagination and skill. The more skill, the better the effects you will develop.
I have both Workeroo and Impervious and I can see see a lethal combination once I get the workeroo fitted,experiencing a little difficulty with the pocket connection at present.But I'm sure it will be worth it.
[quote]
On 2007-09-06 13:06, cardbiker wrote:
I have both Workeroo and Impervious and I can see see a lethal combination once I get the workeroo fitted,experiencing a little difficulty with the pocket connection at present.But I'm sure it will be worth it.
[/quote]

Pm or email me if you like

JB
Just thought id add my two cents. Ive had my Workeroo just a few days, installed it on the first day. Man. This is good, but almost as a bonus - its real fun to use due to its easy handling (mainly due to the great design - well done James). I installed mine on Saturday, and was using it confidently that evening - producing decks, vanishing and producing etc. I could tell that they really didn't know what had hit them.

James - excellent work mate. This could very very easily become part of almost every magicians aresenal, and in time I have no doubt it will, which is good - but bad! I want this all to myself!

It was great seeing you the other week - oh - and my wife also says youve done yourself proud with this one. Christ. She never says that to me!!

Well done mate.
I'm looking forward to test driving this also. My mind is overwhelmed with some amazing ideas already... Is the device easily placed into alternate pants/jeans etc or would it be wise to buy a few and permantly fix into work wear etc?
Got mine back from the seamstress yesterday.( I'm no good with needles,neither is my good lady) but it was well worth getting it fitted by someone who knows what they're doing. Excellent piece of kit James!
Many many uses, and relatively easy to use. Tested it out last night on the long suffering other half & did have a minor problem.( possibly due to one glass of red too many). Just realised that what I was gonna say, may amount to exposure on an open forum, so pm me if interested!
I'm looking forward in using this. I haven't yet got around to order as Im still contemplating on if I should purchase an additional one for alternate clothing seeing as its stiched in. I haven't heard back from James yet. Can anyone shed any light on this question. Is there a method of transfering it to various pants/jeans etc or would I need 2?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 14, 2007 11:23AM)
If instead of stitching it in, you buy some more velcro, and use that instead, you can add as much velcro to different trousers and transfer it when you like
[quote]

James Brown

[/quote]

I just installed mine [finally got off my duff] and it is brilliant! If you get the idea with the untucked shirt working, that would be killer.

My wife said the same thing aboutthe hiked up pants, so I just pulled them down a bit. Works fine.
I love this.
James
Cheers

Sorry I have not replied to pms etc. The crash has wiped my inbox. Although I have been told I should get it all back!

I am delighted that so many are getting the hang of the Workeroo and realising what a great tool it can be.

With regards to the Simon Cowell look! Once the audience sees the magic you can perform NO-ONE cares what you look like!

James Brown
Man... this seems to be great!

I did not read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this was already asked:

Does the performer need to be wearing black clothes ??

Thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 12, 2007 01:39PM)
[quote]
On 2007-10-12 14:35, Mesquita wrote:
Man... this seems to be great!

I did not read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this was already asked:

Does the performer need to be wearing black clothes ??

Thanks
[/quote]

No, they must be pink with yellow spots...i'm kidding (Or am i?) Yes I am, wear what you like..
Thanks.
Mesquita,
I don't think that should be an issue as to the color of clothes worn. But this is one of the best kept secrets in the business. Its like the invention of the topit and its importance to magicians, Workeroo is that significant. I personally hope the topic disappears and goes un-noticed as I would like to keep this gem to myself. But, lets face it that's probably not going to happen. I bet there is not one dis-satisified customer....its that good.
Of course we gals can use it too!
Received mine as a gift. I'm very dis-satisfied!...just kidding!! I totally agree with Dmann. Run to buy this baby! It's incredible!!
Gigi
This does sound great, I'll probably get one once James finishes the un-tucked shirt method.

Matt
I'm up for buying 1 of these, so cant wait to see it :)
Any news on the untucked version? If it's too much exposure then maybe distribution by pm may be more discreet.
I love my Workeroo but feel a bit grandaddy being tucked in (I'm a northern lad and we wear our shirts out)

Shanester
Yeh I don't like being tucked in. I have an unused workeroo if anyone is interested??
[quote]

James Brown

[/quote]Any news on the untucked version, I'm waiting on this until the untucked version comes out.
I have my tucked version,but I was hoping for some info on the untucked.
Hmmmmm.....
James
After messing about with the Workeroo for several days now, I would have to state that this is one of the best bits of business I have purchased in a long time. I am usually a little skeptical when buying drawer fillers and sometimes a little hesitant. However, this device is proving time and time again to be a winner. As many people have already stated on here already, it will require practice and cant be pulled off straight away. However, with the right choreography and misdirection it is quite simply breathtaking. This has helped clean up current routines as well as add amazing brainstorming ideas for other effects. I have made only one minor adjustment to the Roo and that was to extend the pouch to allow items to fall directly into the pants. This has helped in many areas.

For the past several days I have been working on a bill to cigarette routine with the torn corner ploy. The beautiful addition the Roo brings, is the switch of the cigarette. It is done in the most impossible conditions if one was ever to trace back the method.

The amount of ideas that come to mind makes this one addictive. This is a topic that should be looked further into and to perhaps discuss amongst us the applications and ideas that can be achieved.

All in all 11/10
Anyone ever figure out the "untucked" version?
Im not sure how the un-tucked version would work. I have messed around with various ideas however find it is quite reliable so far. Will be ordering another to fit into jeans..
Do you have to order another or could you just attach the one you own with velcro?
Yes you could I suppose. However, the way the stitching has been done as well as extending the pouch etc, it is in there permanently.
Do you think a seamstress would be able to come up with a good solution to make it transferable to other pants?
Yes that shouldn't be a problem... This could be done if you wasn't to extend the pouch as I have
Arghhh!! so no way a professional seamstress could make it transferable with an extended pouch? Or maybe make multiple pouch's to stitch in permanently in different pants? I hope there is a way!
A couple of questions:

Is the opening visible, particularly when not in use?
Can you wear a belt?
Can you sit down comfortably?

I've played around making my own belly servant many years ago, but I never got the first problem solved-- close inspection of the waist is a problem. Wearing a belt also was not really feasable using my design because the buckle's weight would pull the front down. Elastic dress pants helped the overall fit, but I wasn't satisfied. I'd really like to have a belly servant that can open and close.

thanks,

- Frank
How does the Workeroo differ from the Topit? What can it do that a Topit can't do?
You can instantly ditch and retrieve an item cleanly from either your left or right front pocket, your choice!
Message: Posted by: mcvicarthetrickster (Jun 1, 2008 12:58AM)
Could it be used if you tuck your shirt but are wearing a vest.
[quote]
On 2008-05-31 20:04, lunatik wrote:
You can instantly ditch and retrieve an item cleanly from either your left or right front pocket, your choice!
[/quote]

So the only advantage of this item over a Topit is you can retrieve from two pockets?
You do not need to be waring a jacket for this.
Yes it is a nice bit of kit. My Brother and I came up with a similar idea as the Silent butler many years ago which through procrastination never gave fruit. After first installing the Roo, I knew instantly it would be something I would use. Jeans, Pants it really doesn't matter what attire. Its great for cleaning up without a jacket..
It is excellent for coins and objects that have the thickness of coins and weighing as much as a quarter or more. But I tried ditching a poker sized card that was torn into 4 pieces and it wasn't reliable. Also tried ditching a torn and compressed tabloid double sheet and again it wasn't reliable. Maybe it's just me but unless the object weighs at least 1.5 oz or more and is thin it gets hung up.

The product is temporarily "out of stock" on James Brown website------
James does a whole deck. any comments or explanations for that? is his special?
A whole deck if it's cased or rubber banded is easy because it's has the proper weight and it's thin enough. A loose deck is possible but without a lot of work it's unreliable--one or two cards may get hung-up. This tool is like any other--it depends on how much work you want to put in. I just feel for certain light-weight or large objects it's better to use cargo pockets, a Topit, or sleeving for ditching.
I plan on using this for 'card/coin to pocket' and as a utility to cleanly clean up when I would normally be left dirty. I think it should work perfectly, I'm waiting for my seamstress to get back in town!!
When I first received my Workeroo, I had that awful feeling of "oh, no, please don't let this be one of those items that sits unused and I never even get around to fitting it!" So, priority number one was to have the Workeroo fitted to my dress suit pants. A local professional seamstress had it for a week before she told me it was "too complicated", and refused to do the work. Well, a good friend has just come by and fitted it for me, and it took her several hours, as it required mostly hand-stitching. But actually, she found it very straightforward, though "fiddly".
So first off, a criticism, I think the fitting instructions should be provided on paper, not on a CD ROM, and perhaps even more explanation would be helpful.
BUT.....now it's fitted, here's my opinion:
It seems weird at first, your pants are a little awkward to put on, though the Workeroo has been designed perfectly to allow you to wear your pants normally, and to use your fly as usual. Dropping your pants is slightly more awkward, though nothing to really worry about. But once you've put them on, and are wearing your pants with the Workeroo, you really look and feel as if you're wearing your normal pants.
The beauty of this device is that you can really clean up pretty much ANYTHING! Really, it's the 21st Century Topit! And unlike the Topit, once you've vanished something, you can immediately retrieve it from you pocket - obviously, or craftily. I wanted to clean up after David Roth's "Coins Across", and I tried it on my friend who had just fitted the Workeroo. She was amazed, and saw NOTHING! My first try-out with it! When I showed her that I'd dropped a "coin" down into the Workeroo, she couldn't believe it! And that's the woman who actually knew exactly what I have down my pants...er...well....you know what I mean!
I think the installation is important, you don't want any ruching, bunching, or stitching to show on the outside of your pants. But that's easily possible. Using the Workeroo is about as simple as it gets. If you think of the principle of the Topit, imagine how much easier it is when the Topit is right in front of you! I've used the Topit quite a bit in the past, and no doubt it's awesome, and of course, you can vanish even large objects like a ketchup bottle in it. The Workeroo can't quite manage that, but I plan to try it out with a Cellphone, and I think that will be easy!
Though I don't yet have much experience with it, my first impressions are extremely positive. Yet again, this fantastic forum has brought to my attention an item which I would probably never have heard of, let alone considered buying. I have a close-up gig this weekend, and will report back how the Workeroo performed...already, I have a great feeling about it.....I think this is likely to become a serious tool for the serious magician - or even a simple tool for the simple magician!
Potty :)
Perhaps we could share some insights/ideas etc to use with this. I have had mine on for a few days just playing around and have come up with a few corkers!! Its amazing what you can come up with using everyday items. Over the weekend I test drove an impromptu effect using a coin and a mobile phone camera function. So many possibilities! I'm even thinking of a handling of Tommy's RWW that could be done with this.

Any other ideas that anyone would like to post/share?
I am fairly skinny in build and would like to know how much bulk is added when you wear the workeroo. I don't want to look as thought I am expecting, if you know what I mean!
Hi Bryce, no one would ever notice a thing :)
Even on a skinny runt like me?
I emailed James a couple of days ago and he told me these were on hold as he was having trouble getting them made. If you want one send him an email so he knows the demand is there
Hi Bryce

No need to worry or concern yourself with this. It is user friendly and moldable. In fact, I will be ordering a couple more for alternate attire. Currently using it in casual cargos at the mo which have been slightly altered.
Installing one in a pair of modified jeans and pants is next on the list.
This may be a stupid question, but can a gap be seen in your trousers when you're standing up surrounded? I assume a gap would be invisible if people are sat down, but wouldn't something be seen when they're standing? Especially if you were wearing, say, a white shirt and light trousers. Or maybe my assumptions about the gimmick are wrong.

Also, can this be used with a jacket on or just without?
Actually forget that second question. I'm sure the answer just that it can be used with a jacket but it's not as easy.

Very interested in this as I'm about to put topits in a couple of new suits.

Damian
No gap is seen with mine. It doesn't matter if you've got a jacket on or not.

Unless thing have changed recently, however, I don't think the Workeroo is available. The last I heard, Mr. Brown was looking for someone else to do the manufacturing.
I would check out this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=278871&forum=218&22
Yes, James replied to an email this morning saying that he plans to come back to it in the new year. Shame, I was getting excited about Workeroo for a minute. Back to the topit for now. Off to the tailors tomorrow.
Damien, Have you looked into "Silent Butler" by Precision Magic..as a alternative.
I guess the problem with all these things is that you want to know what you're getting before you buy it. I don't know exactly what James' version was like and I don't know what Silent Butler is like. I do know that several comments have said that James' was the best, and I don't really want to buy second best.
Don't know about the Silent Butler (sounds interesting), but I really like the Workeroo. I was trying to make a belly savant for years after reading Books of Wonder and seeing Ander's take on it with Direct Link. I never figured out how to hide the gap and keep the servant stable the way I was doing things... but the Workeroo addressed these problems beautifully.

The only downside was that it was not easy to install. Admittedly, I was putting them in some unique pants-- it has a hidden elastic area which allows you pull them out a bit. I ended up ruining a couple pairs before I got it right. Originally I took it to a seamstress, but she had no idea what I was trying to do and really messed things up as well. Putting bias binding on with a sewing machine (I learned a lot by doing things myself) wasn't easy, but if you're not picky about the sewing, it's not too hard.

Hopefully it'll come back on the market again soon.

- Frank
[quote]
On 2008-10-16 15:54, Damian Surr wrote:
I guess the problem with all these things is that you want to know what you're getting before you buy it. I don't know exactly what James' version was like and I don't know what Silent Butler is like. I do know that several comments have said that James' was the best, and I don't really want to buy second best.
[/quote]

The Silent Butler isn't out yet, so how can it be 2nd best? The Silent Butler does have more options than the Workeroo and it's cheaper. It should start shipping in a week or two, so I'd wait to check out the reviews. I have the Workeroo, so I will be able to give a fair review of both products.
Excuse me for jumping to conclusions then. I thought the Workeroo has been compared to everything and considered (by most) to be the best, but didn't realise that Silent Butler wasn't out yet. I'll look forward to reading some comparisons!
The Silent Butler does sound intriguing. The easy installation is inviting.
James Browns Workeroo is a Teriffic Product and I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about their magic. An invaluable tool.
Well I guess since the U.S. dollar got stronger, it will be cheaper to buy. 78 pounds= 115 dollars
Does anyone one if this product will ever be in stock again or not?
Does anyone know where to order this these days?

Tony
I think Mr. Brown can make one for you or do something about it for you if you contact him directly...though the website seem to be out of order, it's a shame.

he is a member here, try a P.M.

Good luck.
Rey
Can anyone compare this with TKO?
I just found this thread
WOuld love to buy a workeroo
[quote]On Oct 13, 2010, ncsteve wrote:
Can anyone compare this with TKO? [/quote]

With TKO, the ditch is at chest height. With Workeroo, it's down by your belt. You need a buttoned shirt with TKO; you can use Workeroo with any shirt. You can actually use both if you want, to cancel out methods.