(Close Window)
Topic: Platt’s Back - "Blackout!”
I had been anxiously awaiting a “surprise” from our Brian Platt here on the Café for weeks now. You might know of Platt’s “Catapult” DVDs where he introduced his brilliant move, the Fanning Pitch. One could see from that initial work that this dude has a unique mind for magic, along with a sorta deadpan presentation that just works and makes you smile. His magical ideas are interesting and well thought out and he always gives you great value in making sure you have several ways, methods and effects as to his offerings - He's very cerebral like that. :) Basically, Platt is the complete package and we have waited a while for his next effort. Well, it’s here and it’s a doozy!

[b]Blackout![/b] is an amazing new coin that allows you to perform just unbelievable magic. Platt takes you through from introduction to final thoughts as to the magic and then gives you nearly 10 effects to show it off. All the effects are great tricks and many can enhance what you’re already doing in the ways of coins across, vanishes, reproductions, etc. The “Vanish” possibilities are endless and remarkably clean and Platt walks you through the technique every step of the way. I love all the suggested effects as the magic is clean and strong and it allows for you to figure out your own uses, just tremendous overall flexibility. I can even see some possibilities for my Crimp Change to make it even more amazing.

Effects included on the DVD include:

-Tenkai Pennies on Acid
-Basic [b]Blackout![/b] Vanish
-JFK Gets s Makeover
-Reflection: 3 Coins Across
-Platt’s Across
-Matrix Possibilities
-Williamson Striking Vanish?
-Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse
-The Ear Trick

Man, that's some coins across stuff Platt...Amazing! :) And Tenkai ain't never did nothing like that. :)

This magic is some real good thinking, work and technique as to making it happen, including the meticulous hands of Master Craftsman, Roy Kueppers and his work is beautiful. Platt provides this coin in a variety of makes including, Kennedy half dollar, Walking Liberty half, Morgan dollar and even quarter-size and more. Trust me, you’re going to want this. ;) Platt has thought-up another winner and from now on it’s going to be a good thing to [b]Blackout![/b] just about anywhere.

You can get this from his Amazing Platt website at http://www.PlattMagic.com There’s a whole lot of good magic there but this [b]new[/b] effect, [b]Blackout![/b] is killer!

Great job man, just [b]brilliant![/b] Now excuse me as I gotta go play some more with this thing and I'll be using it immediately too. I love this kind of magic, not difficult to do, leaves all sorts of room for imagination and creativity and ramps up the magic to the level of absolutely impossible.

The possibilities are endless and so seemingly is the magic from the mind and family of Brian Platt. [b]Wow!!![/b] :) -Mb
Thank you for such a nice review MB! You're one of the sickest coin manipulators we have here, so it's a huge compliment coming from you.

I'm happy to announce that after nearly a year of planning and production, Blackout! is now available for purchase at plattmagic.com. You can find a video demo there as well. I want to offer a special 10% discount (on everything at the site) for the first month for Café members. Simply enter this coupon code when you checkout: Caféfriend (no accent mark necessary). I've known most of you for a long time now so (excluding those brand new to the Café) if you have any specific questions you would like answered, feel free to PM and I'll answer everything to the best of my abilities.

Best,
Platt
That looks great! I loved the catapult DVD although I'm not as proficient as Mr. Platt. :) I'm hoping to buy this one soon.
This looks really good. I also enjoyed watching the muscle click pass.
Great job!
Congratulations from Manila!

Gotta order this!

rannie
I can find demo clips. When Platt site says 'Click on our "Products" section to see product video demos.' does that mean the 'Our Products' link on the right? Clicking there just puts me back to the previous page I was on. Know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
[quote]
On 2009-04-26 17:48, ehands wrote:
I can find demo clips. When Platt site says 'Click on our "Products" section to see product video demos.' does that mean the 'Our Products' link on the right? Clicking there just puts me back to the previous page I was on. Know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
[/quote]

I went to the site and you are absolutely correct. Once you're in the "online store" section, you can't click on the links on the right panel. Simply type "plattmagic.com" back into your address bar and click on the "products" section on the top to see the video demos and descriptions. Sorry for the confusion. We just went live with the site so we're getting a few little bugs out of the system.

Platt
Please don't flame me...but is this different from jay sankey's method?
Hi Phread, no worries! I'm a huge fan of Jay Sankey and I particularly love his coin work. I haven't personally seen anything like this from Jay but through a crazy BA search here at the Café I saw a post that suggested he might have done something in this vain on a dvd. That's not surprising. There's a ton of people, including Dean Dill (I'm told) who have used BA in very creative ways. Before I created Blackout! I tried with very limited success to pull off what's possible with Blackout! with a home made coin. It simply doesn't work. Not in close-up. What I'm most proud of, Phread, is the unimaginatlvely crazy amount of blood sweat and tears (literally) that went into creating a coin that could both be thrown on a table or sit in your open palm right under a spectator's nose and be above suspicion. And just a second later be absolutely hidden in darkness- right in front of your spectators eyes! After dozens of prototypes and a year later (again literally) we finally came upon a coin architecture that allowed for this. Furthermore this coin can be used in absolutely any lighting and with nearly any black article of clothing. I give all the credit to my father and the exceedingly kind and giving Roy Kueppers. OK, I'll quit rambling. If you have any questions about the proprietary construction of this coin, the inherent challenges of BA with coins, and what makes this coin work, please PM and I'll be happy to talk about it (with probably more detail than you want to hear!)

Very Best,

Platt
I just answered ur pm...i have NO issue with anyone!!!!!!
I wish continued success, having seen the demo's on platt's web site, I am sure his method is very creative as this man has a remarkable skill with coins!
Just saw your PM. All good Phread! Now that I know what you're talking about with Sankey (also very creative by the way), it's actually quite different. So sorry for the ramble.
I had great pleasure playing with this past weekend. First let me say Platt and others have worked real hard to put out a top notch product. Over a year in planning and tweaking has paid off in my mind. This product is for everyone beginner to well season magicians. Platt took a stage idea and brought it into a close-up setting. Platt goes into great detail on how this project started the ups and downs and how they solved the problems. I personally like that kind of thing it makes you appreciate what you get more. IMHO

What you get is a well crafted gaff made by Roy Kuepper's from Canada. A DVD explaining everything about the product and ten yes that's right ten routines using this gaff, to get you started.

Tenkai Pennies on Acid - Is the first routine taught. This is one of my favorites! This has to be one of the cleanest one coin across I have seen to date. You clearly show a coin in each hand at the same time palm up then close your hands around the coins and reopen them and one coin has traveled to the other hand. It's the closest thing to real magic.

Basic Vanish - This is so freaking clean and EASY it's not even funny. Use it as a single effect or use it at the end of an exciting effect for a complete vanish the choice is yours.

JFK Gets a Makeover - This is fun little effect where JFK changes his appearance on the coin. Its whimsical. If you don't like the JFK idea then use the same technique for changing the coin into another object.

Reflection: 3 Coins Across - One issue with all coins across routine is that last coin to travel it never seems to be as strong as the others, until now, add this gaff to your existing coins across and you'll have one of the strongest ending. No transferring of the coin from hand to hand no funny moves just show the last coin in your hand close it then open and the coin has vanished and join the others. Can't get any cleaner then that my friends.

Platt's Across - Here's another favorite of mine ! A half Dollar and a penny transpo then appear in the same hand. Great for Walk Around or Table Hopping. Strong magic

Matrix Possibilities -If Matrix's are your thing then you're going to want to check out this gimmick it can really open some different avenues for you and your Matrixing. (is that even a word?)

Williamson Striking Vanish - What can I say about this. The strike vanish itself is as sweet as candy but use this gaff with that concept and you'll have no coin anywhere to be found.

Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse - The title speaks for itself

The Ear Trick - You show two coins a quarter and a half dollar in your hand take out the quarter which turns invisible and place it behind your ear, then take out the half dollars which turns invisible and place it behind your other ear. Your hands are empty now, then you proceed to produce the coins from behind your ear right where you placed them a moment ago. Niiice !!

In conclusion I can't recommend this product enough, a lot of time and energy has been put into this, Platt has covered all his bases to give you a high quality product with a lot of applications you can do with it. Now it's up to us to do just that.

Tim
I have to say that I was very impressed with Brian's BLACKOUT. A lot of work and thought went into this.

Now are there other effects the use "BA?" - well yes, it's a very broad principle. It is applied quite nicely here. The gaff is a Kuepper's production and it's of high quality. Nothing slipshod here. The DVD - like Catapult - is crammed full of info. You will know not only how this coin works, but why it works and the history behind Brian's work.

Tenkai Pennies on Acid - Nice and clean!

Basic Vanish - Shows you how to use this little gem.

JFK Gets a Makeover - Platt gets away with de-facing a president. I know Brian's sense of humor and I have a sneaking suspicion he was dying to include this particular effect.

Reflection: 3 Coins Across - Agree with Tim here. The last coin to go is usually the weakest transfer. Use BLACKOUT in the sequence and you've just made it one of the strongest.

Platt's Across - Simple & Direct!

Matrix Possibilities - I specifically refrained from watching the explanation to this and lemme tell you, even being in the "know", it took me a while to reconstruct this routine. Beautiful thinking.

Williamson Striking Vanish - My mind is already running wild with possibilities.

Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse - Need another reason to learn the muscle pass? Here it is. Then Platt has the ROV Tumbling Muscle Click Pass. Check it out on his website.

The Ear Trick - Produce a coin from behind the ear, standard fare - NOT!!! This ain't your dad's coin behind the ear trick. Oh so clean. Nevermind the "too perfect theory" This is perfect.

The best thing about BLACKOUT is that it isn't just a pre-packaged trick that you do straight out of the box, just like they showed you on the dvd and just like everyone else will be doing it. This is a utility that you can introduce into your work and really enhance what you're working on. Let your creativity flow and see where else this can take you. Great work Brian! This is a winner.

Vince Mendoza
Looking forward to shoppping at plattmagic... quality, integrity and no bs... catapult is one of my faves.
Man, I've been trying this out all day at work and it KILLS! :D So simple & easy to use but amazingly effective...Actually it goes beyond amazing, to the specs it's "Impossible!"
To folks who have this already, which version are you using: quarter, half, silver half, etc.? Just wondering if one size has an advantage over another or if it's all up to the user. Sounds like a great effect - I'm looking forward to ordering this!

Thanks.
I'm using the half dollar version, but the Morgans are looking real nice to me. :)

I think it's all up to the user as to what they like and works best for them and what they're doing. I can only think from my experiences that any of them or all of them would find good usage. -Mb
[quote]
On 2009-04-27 15:22, Ruppenthal wrote:
To folks who have this already, which version are you using: quarter, half, silver half, etc.? Just wondering if one size has an advantage over another or if it's all up to the user. Sounds like a great effect - I'm looking forward to ordering this!

Thanks.
[/quote]

Great question. Each coin has presented its own unique challenges. Due to a nearly microscopic difference that I'm sure most people aren't aware of, the '64 Kennedy's have been the most stubborn and have required the greatest level of care. But it works like a charm. If you have questions about any specific coin, please contact me.
Hello Platt and folks,
Very interesting. Looks like a lot of fun. I do, however, have a question.
I guess you all know how particular coin guys and gals are with their gaffs. I guess that could apply to any magician. My question is this:
Is it possible to get, let's say, a Soft Morgan between a certain date?
To possibly match coins already in their arsenal?
I do know that that would be a hellava lot of work.And probably not cost effective.
Just curious. Are all the Morgans, for instance, Uncirculated 1921's?
Or can you order something close to what you already have? To customize, so to speak.
Thanks for your time.
And good luck in your endeavors.
Jim.
I have a question, it's pretty awkard to do a goshman pinch with a morgan, but it is possible
vinny
[quote]
On 2009-04-27 19:00, jimmyj wrote:
Hello Platt and folks,
Very interesting. Looks like a lot of fun. I do, however, have a question.
I guess you all know how particular coin guys and gals are with their gaffs. I guess that could apply to any magician. My question is this:
Is it possible to get, let's say, a Soft Morgan between a certain date?
To possibly match coins already in their arsenal?
I do know that that would be a hellava lot of work.And probably not cost effective.
Just curious. Are all the Morgans, for instance, Uncirculated 1921's?
Or can you order something close to what you already have? To customize, so to speak.
Thanks for your time.
And good luck in your endeavors.
Jim.
[/quote]
Let me know what it is you're interested in matching and we can discuss a custom coin. Thanks.

Platt
[quote]
On 2009-04-27 15:22, Ruppenthal wrote:

Thanks.
[/quote]
I have the regular half because that's what I use the most. But if your going to borrow change from people and you live in the U.S. then I would go with the quarter.
I hope that helps
Tim
Simply stated "Blackout" puts you in "Coin Magician Paradise"! I have the 1964 Kennedy version and it is beautiful. I have had it less than a week and I can effortlessly make it appear and disappear at lightening speed and have developed "5" killer routines!

Don't get me wrong, the routines supplied on the DVD are great, but I have devised a few routines myself:

"Extra Hole In The Pocket" - Provides a way you can give it to a spectator for
inspection using a purse frame - IN HIS OR HER FACE!

"Bigger Is Better" - A flawless jumbo coin routine.

"Still Practicing" - An ~almost~ "MID-AIR" vanish and appearance that will make
your eyes bug out!

"Oops Its Over There" - An impeccable drop-dead coins across routine!

"I Know I Put That Coin Somewhere" - A wild coin routine that will knock your
socks off!

Yes I said I have had it less than a week and guess what? I am not done yet baby!! I also have more routines in the works, but I need to order at least two more units, which I will do within the week. If you haven't already figured it out I love "Blackout"!!!!! It allows you to do flawless miracles with almost no effort. Oh, did I mention this is perfect for the bar room scene, which is where I do a lot of my stuff. Also, if you get multiple units, the sky is the limit!

To be honest I had my doubts at first, I mean I think Mr. Platt is great and everything. I have his "Catapult" DVD, which is fantastic, but I was saying to myself nothing looks as good as that video snipet you see when you go to the site to investigate "Blackout". You know what I mean, if it looks too good to be true.....

Well, let me tell you something. There are exceptions to every rule and this is one of them! This product lets you go wild with your imagination and allows you to PRODUCE THE IMPOSSIBLE, at least as far as I am concerned! The reason I bought it was a gut feeling I had inside, knowing Mr. Platt didn't let me down before with "Catapult" I had to give a try. Man, what a payoff!! I am so happy I made the purchase and I won't be doubting him again anytime soon. Like I said before I will be ordering at least two more units. These guys are genius, I mean all those involved in the production of this including Mr. Platt. Personally I couldn't have came up with this idea in a million years. If you don't get this you will be eating my dust.....

For what its worth, YES, I recommend this product!!!!!

Mr. Platt, if you are listening out there, I think there is one more thing you could or should do. I think you should make available additional purchases of the "other half" of the product for multiple placement strategies, if you understand what I mean, other than that it is perfection personified.....

Thanks again Mr. Platt.....
Hey fingers, where you been man...Missed you around here. Glad to see your review on BlackOut! Good stuff! Welcome back man. :) -Mb
Fingers,
Thanks for your input!
I was unsure as to what coin to purchase but after reading how pleased you are with the K '64...well, I guess my mind has now been made up!!

I have four beautiful '64 halves and I can't wait to see my special unit!

Platt......take care of me. :)

Respectfully,
Rochaz
[quote]
On 2009-05-01 08:30, rochaz wrote:
Fingers,
Thanks for your input!
I was unsure as to what coin to purchase but after reading how pleased you are with the K '64...well, I guess my mind has now been made up!!

I have four beautiful '64 halves and I can't wait to see my special unit!

Platt......take care of me. :)

Respectfully,
Rochaz
[/quote]

We're ready and able. Just let us know what you want.
Good speaking at you again MB, missed you man.....sorry I wasn't around....I had some religious duties.....

Glad I could be of some help Rochaz....you will love your '64 Kennedy. I just placed an order for another '64 Kennedy myself and also for a Morgan silver dollar.....can't wait to get them.....
Hey Brian, any word on Blackout with Canadian currency? Considering that Roy is the Man when it comes to making Canadian coin gaffs, I would think that it shouldn't be too tough to get him to do a small run for us lowly Canucks.
Hey CasualSoul, I just reached out to Roy about it. I have some concerns with a few of the Canadian coins but I think it should be possible. Obviously Roy (residing in Ontario) will be happy to make them if it's possible without making any sacrifices in quality. Let me know what would be your ideal Canadian coin, and I'll let you know what we can do. Thanks.
BA has been around along time...It is nice to see folks bring it back into the "footlights" or would that be away from them.

Tom Burgoon showed something similar to this with a Jumbo coin...It was good to see that "Fingers" has been playing with a similar idea...Myself (and others) have been playing with an invisible or "thought,Imagine Matrix...where cards and hands are clearly seen empty..while coins magically move in ones minds..(Mind first then eye candy later....priceless.

Can't remember who it was a few years back using BA close up and in stage work. He went around the country with a lecture tour.

Ah what's old is still wonderfully new today.

Thanks to all on the Café that share their ideas and views of new items...I love combo's of gimmicks and sleight of hand. ...Though I must admit I was a purist(whatever that is) for quite a while...and held out too long from learning even from a dvd

Harris

still 2 old to know everything.....
Hi Harris, good to speak at you again. I agree with you. I actually try to be a "Purist" most often, but there are just times, I feel, when you have to go with the flow.

"Some", key word "Some", of what really amazes me with "Blackout" is its ease of use and how you can do your dirty work right in your spectator's face and still not be detected. I set it up where it works most natural with me personally and then I can perform miracles. In just my intial first 3 hours of practice I got real comfortable with its use and began to see some of its far reaching potentials. Hence, is why my second order has already been placed and is on the way as I speak.

However, I think people will soon realize that the "Real Power" in "Blackout" is going to be with "multiple" units and stations! I think with multiple units and stations you will be able to command unheard of displays of coin mastery only limited by the performers imagination, and I am going to be one of the first in line to give it a try in that arena.

I found it works well with other accessories such as Jumbo coins and and a purse frame I am using along with it. Also, with very little effort and imagination I have already figured out how to clean up after a performance and how to allow spectators to inspect everything afterwards.

In the meantime Harris, just to make you happy, I just finished mastering about a week ago, or at least mastering well enough to perform, a beautiful coins across routine using the pop-up move by Al Schneider. I guess I will always be striving to perfect it, but it is performance ready anyway. A "Purist" routine of real beauty, when done properly! I have just noticed Al is real, real cool guy.
Platt,

Sent you a PM

Peo
Peo,

I responded to your PM, but I I'll post it publicly here.

All international shipping is $3 (first class mail).

Domestic shipping is about $1.50 (first class mail)
I'm still puzzling over just how natural and invisible it can be to have stations in useful places so units can quietly come to rest or be obtained as needs be.
[quote]
On 2009-05-04 16:13, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I'm still puzzling over just how natural and invisible it can be to have stations in useful places so units can quietly come to rest or be obtained as needs be.
[/quote]
Hi Jonathan, if I understand what you're puzzling over correctly, Blackout! is designed to be totally silent. You won't hear a thing. As for invisibility, again, it's been designed in such a way that it's virtually imperceptible. With certain articles of clothing even I can be staring right at it (so I think) and see absolutely nothing!

A quick note to Harris (i've sent you a PM as well):

Harris, your post was very friendly, so please see this as an attempt to enlighten you a bit more about my product rather than an attack. Yes, what's old is new, but after getting this in front of a lot of big names and BA enthusiasts, I understand this to be in fact something very new. I'm going to be a bit more explicit than I'd like to be, but I'd like to make a few things totally clear. Blackout! is designed for close up performance. That includes all lighting situaltions and performing right under people's noses. You can openly show a coin in your palm without any detection of anything odd and when vanished see not even a trace of silver. After nearly a year of trial and error, I can tell you that this felt like an impossibility. What we learned is that with BA, the above conditions are literally not possible with an edge. So after nearly a year of experimentation, we effectively "removed" the edge. Yes, Blackout! is a coin with no edge that appears completely normal in the hands and completely invisible upon the vanish- with any black apparel.

With Headlights on,

Brian Platt
Brian,I'm sold, my order is in for the quarter version. I will want a peace dollar down the road too. ; )
Just for my own curiosity,

I wonder if Eric James of MELT fame gets any credit on the DVD for his HORRIBLE take on coins prepped in this manner on his VHS tape COIN MATRIX 2003?

That would make my day.

Scott.
[quote]
On 2009-05-03 19:18, Platt wrote:
Hey CasualSoul, I just reached out to Roy about it. I have some concerns with a few of the Canadian coins but I think it should be possible. Obviously Roy (residing in Ontario) will be happy to make them if it's possible without making any sacrifices in quality. Let me know what would be your ideal Canadian coin, and I'll let you know what we can do. Thanks.
[/quote]
A twoonie would be my first choice, but having a loonie or quarter version as well would be great.
Well, I just finished my "first" performance using my new "Blackout" equipment in front of some of my good and "critical" friends. I perform for them often and I always get their feedback for making any specific adjustments I may need before performing before the general public. I executed a coins across, a coin switch (half dollar to silver dollar) with a mid flight coin vanish. I started with hands empty and ended the same way. I used two coins and two stations, all "Blackout" gear. I was a bit nervous, because I was only between 2 and 3 feet away in good lighting and was a bit worried about being exposed, afterall I never used the equipmet before, except in practice.

I was a bit "upset" with the feedback I received. Like I said earlier I have performed before these people many times before doing some very difficult routines, such as "CoinOne" by Homer Liwag, "C/S/B Assault" by Dan Watkins, "Hanging Coins" by David Roth, "MB Transpo" by Marion Boykin. Too many to mention actually. All performed quite well, at least without a hitch and with favorable feedback from them. Now, I perform a "very simple" routine, simple with the "Blackout" gear anyway and they say its the best I ever done!!!!!

I put together a "simple" routine of a coins across, coin switch and vanish and they told me it was the "BEST" they "EVER" seen me do! I looked at them and it was as though they were in shock!!! I even told them, you have to be kidding, I have performed much more difficult routines in the past! They said, so.

Anyway, I talked to them some more to find out why the great reaction. It turns out it was, because of the way I brought the coins out of nowhere, which is a cake walk if you position your stations properly and also, because of the mid-flight vanish which left me totally clean and evidently with my spectators completely blown away! The mid-flight smack vanish, as I call it is accomplished by starting with the coin in your hand "purposely" being exposed at your side with your hand near your pocket and "very quickly" bringing the coin up to eye level and smacking the coin hand with the other hand vanishing the coin in an instant leaving both your hands wide open, empty and totally clean shone front and back. Easily accomplished when you get used to using your stations at lightening speed, which just happened to come naturally for me.

NO, they did "NOT" see a thing although my coins were right in their face the "WHOLE" time, which was what I was most concerned with. I was concerned, because I was in, what I would call, the worst possible conditions - very close - very good lighting! "Blackout" passed the test with flying colors!!!

Mr Townsend, I understand the way you feel, I felt "exactly" the same way to be honest! I will tell you why "I" think it works so good, as it was proved to me today. When a spectator sees a coin vanished or in the process of being vanished it is instinct I think to try to figure out where it is, so you look for it. What you are looking for is the glint, flash or exposure of the coin somewhere where it isn't suppose to be. With "Blackout" that is your "FIRST" mistake, because if you are looking for the coin in question, you are looking for the "WRONG THING" to begin with!!! You actually should be looking for "SOMETHING ELSE", I can't tell you what that "SOMETHING ELSE" is for fear of exposing the secrets of "Blackout", but that "SOMETHING ELSE" can be in your face and you will never even know it!!! You won't know it, because what you do see is not what you are looking for. Simple as that!

Today I found out how well "Blackout" works, but not only that, I found out how the spectators react to it, even when used for a simple routine. It seems as though their minds can't fathom its operation. Personally, I first read their faces improperly. I always look at my spectators faces! The look they gave me made me feel as though they caught me actually, but in reality it was the look of utter disbelief!

I love "Blackout" Mr. Platt, your idea is genius! Thank you....
Great rundown here fingers...:)

As you say, it's really in the eyes of the beholder no matter what we think as magicians. It's best to watch the spec's responses as to what "they believe" is happening, not necessarily what you believe as to how they should receive/appreciate the communication. I know sometimes you want to shake them and say "NO!, appreciate it THIS way!" :D :D :D

I learned this a long time ago from Mickey Silver, who used to actually tape his audiences so that he could take a look later to see just where their attention went as he did certain moves. Obviously the rest is history as to that guy. :D But his points about it still resonate in me and clearly you see them too.

I remember once I did a set of nice coin effects when I was into doing other's stuff a lot earlier on, some Roth, Justin Miller, Ammar, etc. And when I finished they were amazed but not as much as they were by the "one" card trick I did then, "NFW." :D They said that was the best thing I did...HUH???? Why? They said later that it was completely impossible but they saw it happen with their own eyes (so the belief factor was boiling for them) and that's all that mattered. Like you, who was I to argue. :) I take the same bow whether I whistle a good tune that makes someone smile or do a good job cutting my grass and some passer-by notices. :D

Platt's "Blackout!" is pretty slick to me and takes psychological advantage of a lot of aspects in the spec's attention span...Basically, they have no chance. ;) Lot's of good thinking went into this project and product. Like you, folks just have to try it and use it to see for themselves or "not see" as it were. ;) I play a bit with it everyday since getting it and it's like taking candy from a baby...in the dark. :D What a wonderful piece of magic from a wonderful guy at that. :)
Quote:
I was a bit "upset" with the feedback I received. Like I said earlier I have performed before these people many times before doing some very difficult routines, such as "CoinOne" by Homer Liwag, "C/S/B Assault" by Dan Watkins, "Hanging Coins" by David Roth, "MB Transpo" by Marion Boykin. Too many to mention actually. All performed quite well, at least without a hitch and with favorable feedback from them. Now, I perform a "very simple" routine, simple with the "Blackout" gear anyway and they say its the best I ever done!!!!!
Fingers~

Mr. Platt,
I just placed my order for the '64 Kennedy Half.....can hardly wait to get my mitts on this thing! Sorry that it took this long to place my order! :)

Fingers,
I can only hope that I feel the same way after working on the effect and having an opportunity to perform for it for my test audience (my biggest fan and supporter..my GF)
Btw, I happen to love HL's "CoinOne".

Sigh....I love the anticipation of waiting for a package to hit my mailbox...

One more thing, as I was writing this message, I received an email from Platt notifying me that my package was ready to ship out. Gotta love that type of customer service...fast, fast...fast!
Respectfully,
Rochaz
Hi Brian and Fingers...

3 or 4 of these would do wonders for a matrix, or maybe shadow coins..can't say much for the latter as it is not in my working programs.

This could be for some wonderful Eye Candy.

Magic like that is a universal language.

Thanks for providing some powerful words.

Harris

your friendly neighborhood laughologist
still 2 old to know everything....
Do I have to go back to wearing all black?
My wife won't be happy about that.
You know what I am talking about MB. When I perform I am always looking at my audience, one to make sure they are seeing what I want them to see and two, to try to interpret how effective I am during my performance. I feel its your job to lead the spectators through your routine, especially if you are including them in your routine, which is always a good thing. I also try to always quiz my audience after a performance to get their feedback, which I think is priceless for future performances.

Audience feedback is very helpful I have found out. They are not always thinking what you think they are thinking such as what I stated earlier about my first "Blackout" performance. You find out that some of the little things you do may have a very big impact on your audience and knowing that fact you can structure future performances to enhance those effects and play down others or eliminate them altogether, which may not be so impressive.

I am sure you will be happy with your purchase Rochaz. However, my only regret being I was sorry I didn't purchase more units. The more units you have the greater the versatility you have. You will see that immediately.

I already placed and received my second order and probably will have a third order in the works soon. All you need is one unit, but the possiblities of multiple units are limitless with far reaching capabilities you can not achieve with anything else out there as far as I am concerned! I intend on taking full advantage of that fact!

Mitch you don't need to wear "all" black, but some is necessary.....

One thing I failed to mention was the service, which was superb! Mr Platt even threw a few extra goodies in for me when I explained to him my intentions with no extra charge. The service was above and beyond as is the product. You can't ask for more than that.....

Thanks again for everything Mr. Platt.....Now I need to go clothing shopping, I hear "Black" is in baby.....
Fingers:

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. Well done! That's outstanding. Credit yourself too. The gimmick only does part of the work!

Casual Soul:

I think a Loonie will work best. Contact me about prices.

MB:

As always, thanks for the positive vibe! Your support means a lot to me.
Fingers,
Thanks for the info....
I will have to play around with the BA to truly get an understanding of what the "possibilities" are.
I am looking forward to it very much!

MB,
Thanks for your input! I always enjoy your posts....

Platt,
Has anybody ever told you that you bear a slight resemblance to the comedian Don Irrera?
I mean that in a good way! :)

Rochaz
Am I assuming right that you should really have 2 or more gimmicks to perform some of the routines some magicians are talking about?

thanks
Don
[quote]
On 2009-05-06 20:06, magicman1 wrote:
Am I assuming right that you should really have 2 or more gimmicks to perform some of the routines some magicians are talking about?

thanks
Don
[/quote]
I find one gimmick goes a long long way. Only one of the many effects I perform on the dvd incorporates 2 gimmicks.

Dom Irrera.... Here was my reaction, stage by stage:

1. Who's Dom Irrera?
2. Oh wait, is he that one comedian? No it can't be him.
3. Youtube search.
4. Yes, it is him.
5. I don't look like him. I look like Russell Crowe and Kevin Spacey.
6. ***, I do look like Dom Irrera.
Platt,

Russell Crowe was a close second!!
Besides Crowe NEVER appeared on Seinfeld!!!

Maybe I should've waited till you mailed out my package before I made such comparisons? ;-)

Rochaz
:)
Your very welcome Mr. Platt. I did put in several hours of practice. You do have to do your homework with "Blackout", but the payback for your work is huge!

Trust me Rochaz it won't take you long to figure out the possibilities.....

I hate to call them gimmicks Don, I don't know it sounds so cheap. To me they are much more than that, a gimmick I mean. I would rather call them units, but anyway, one is all that is necessary. Like Mr. Platt says one goes a long, long way. However, I have found you can greatly enhance and compound the effects and capabilities as you add units. I own 3 myself right now and have already decided to get at least 2 more in the near future.....

I don't know how many of you guys still work with silks, but I was going over my practice list, which contains coin and silk work I learned from David Roth. Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man.....I am just realizing some fantastic prospects in using "Blackout" in conjunction with my silk work. Used hand-in-hand "Blackout" and silks could be a killer duo, what a perfect combination! I will definitely be studying on that some more.....
[quote]
Mitch you don't need to wear "all" black, but some is necessary...
[/quote]
LOL! Yeah, from the video demo I can see what's happening. Looks great, though.
I can't imagine a layman suspecting or looking for it. Clean vanish.
To many good reviews to pass up

Just ordered

Don
I suggested the use of a similar principle here in the café quite a while ago but without the Black-Out gaff which is a tremendous improvement.

Having been there my self, I'm probably in a position to appreciate that Brian Platt went much further. I was simply using a magnetic coin and a safety pin and it was already working well.

Brian Platt went way further with a much more sophisticated gimmick and it works beautifully. He is also teaching a lot of great moves to use his gimmick in a varied type of situations or routines. It's clear, concise and rich in terms of possibilities.

Why didn't I think of that? I'm jealous!... but grateful.

Possibly my best purchase for several years. Don't miss it or someone will fool the heck out of you by just using it.
I'm glad you're enjoying it Lawrence. And thank you for the kind words.

Platt
What you think if BA could be used for coin in bottle?
I think Don Drake may have published a similar idea many years ago. Check out his book B/A Breakthroughs, or his Wizards Window. Very similar ideas here.
Can the coin be handed out to the audience before and after the trick?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Dec 28, 2009 05:24PM)
[quote]
On 2009-12-28 16:55, madcats9 wrote:
Can the coin be handed out to the audience before and after the trick?
[/quote]
The blackout routines leave you with a regular coin in hand.

Using a blackout for something like Roth's Hanging coins could well leave you with all real coins as well if you added then "landed" the blackout.

How are folks doing with the blackout and edge grip? Amazing huh?
I think this is a wonderful concept. I've had mine for a while now, but have been too busy to fully flesh it out, but already I can see HUGE potential for this--MUCH better than similar items using the principle that have been marketed in the past, especially as regards the included "station."

I'm working on putting together a routine combining Blackout with the TUC. I think this combo has enormous potential.

Platt, well done!
Yea I think Blackout Is Going to be KILLER!!! I can see Lots of cool stuff for it! I had just had so many things going on the last part of the year to play it that much! When things Quite down after the 1ST. of the year Hopely I am going to get Around To working More with It! And Platt sory it's taken me so long! :(
This is the only thing of its kind (gaffus-emeritus) that I carry with me daily.

It is so easy to do on a moments notice and so completely amazing that it should really be up for a "Creativity Award" of some sort.

Platt is a great thinker in magic and his [b]Blackout[/b] is tremendous proof of that. Clearly all the interest in this thing continues to speak most highly of it, even from some of the most high here.

Well, from down here below a bit, I continue to recommend this without the slightest reservation...It's just that good and even better than that. :) -Mb
I had see this a while back but never gave it a second look. Well I finally looked back and took the plungeand am I glad I did!! This will make so many more possibilities for so many routines. When I opened the package I was so pleasently suprised with the workings. Thanks for the great thought put into this Platt.
Blackout is truly an amazing affus-gaffus. Extremely well made - to fool. The possibilities are endless but even if I use it for just a simple coin vanish I always get a jaw dropping response. Another great job Brian!
Simple thing to try today:

Take your blackout and hold it between your thumb and second finger. On the way to your other hand use your third finger to aim the blackout. Pretend a placement and move your other hand away. If you have props in hand... look in the mirror as you do this procedure. Now take a step back from your audience when you use it ;)
Gary, MB, I&B,

Thank you for the kind comments and your continued support of Blackout. Look out for something new on the way very soon.
Hi
I agree with all of the positive review's of blackout. I'd just like to add one thing. Platt came up with more idea's, that he didn't include in the dvd, that came with the blackout coin. Instead of charging the buyer for this new information, he gives it away for free at his web site!
You can tell that this coin is a labor of love. Very high quality and well worth the price.
hth
Ralph
[quote]
On 2009-12-28 22:09, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
I think this is a wonderful concept. I've had mine for a while now, but have been too busy to fully flesh it out, but already I can see HUGE potential for this--MUCH better than similar items using the principle that have been marketed in the past, especially as regards the included "station."

I'm working on putting together a routine combining Blackout with the TUC. I think this combo has enormous potential.

Platt, well done!
[/quote]
I have the TUC half dollar, was thinking about getting the Blackout in the near future. Should they be the same coin or a blackout quarter will be more effective?
Looks great!

I think I will pick one up!
I just ordered one. =]
I just got mine this weekend, it's awesome!
I got the quarter, because, I feel for impromptu magic it is the
least suspicious, but that is just my opinion
I just ordered a Walking Liberty Blackout. After reading through this thread now I am waiting eagerly!

Thanks!

Jim
I wore a sweater to NEMCOM and showed a few uses of blackout to some folks there.

Come on folks - at least try Roth's Hanging Coins :)
I met Brian in person and he demonstrated amazing skill with Blackout, I was amazed and had to buy it. I had to admit to myself later that, while one of the most amazing ways to vanish a coin...I am focusing on other areas. I have a US quarter that was only opened and checked out (never used or performed with it) If anyone is interested, PM me. I am letting it go at a significant discount. Comes with everything you need + DVD

Cheers

~L
[quote]
On 2010-04-17 20:02, scarylarry wrote:
I met Brian in person and he demonstrated amazing skill with Blackout, I was amazed and had to buy it. I had to admit to myself later that, while one of the most amazing ways to vanish a coin...I am focusing on other areas. I have a US quarter that was only opened and checked out (never used or performed with it) If anyone is interested, PM me. I am letting it go at a significant discount. Comes with everything you need + DVD

Cheers
~L
[/quote]
Larry, welome to the Café. I must admit that your name and Avitar are pretty cool!

Maybe I could do something like "Scammy Sammy"!

Cheers!
Sammy
Yea-Yea Sounds good to me! :)
This is a utility coin for the magician who likes to create their own effects and improve others. Its done wonders for a couple existing effects and given me tons of ideas for new ones... my only problem with BO is the temptation to overuse it! I don't like using a principle more than once, maybe twice for the same set but this thing could rule an entire set and each time be used slightly differently. Awesome!
I recently pick up Blackout and I'm impressed. Great work I can't wait to start using it.
I've had the Canadian Quarter version for a while. Blackout is a great utility. My only complaint is that I had to increase the power of mine, but that could simply be attributed to my t-shirts being a little on the thicker side. The coin itself is masterly crafted, but can be fairly easily damaged if you don't treat it with care. Greg Wilson's 3/4 Across from On The Spot is still my favorite ungimmicked coins across routine and I like to end it by making each of the 3 coins vanish. The Blackout finger snap vanish is how I make the last coin vanish. The build up to that point is so strong and the specs are burning my hands sooo hard that when I finish with the Blackout vanish it totally fries them. Lol.
CasualSoul: So you do a Coins Across with quarters? (Not sure, are Canadian quarters the same size roughly as US quarters?)

I ask because though I have a few gaff coins in US quarter size, I have never performed with them. I practice with half dollars and whenever I pick up quarters they feel extremely tiny and I worry about them being too small for spectators to see well enough.

How's it work for you?

Thank you.

Jim
I'm a tad confused as to the huge price difference when ordering straight from Brian's site and from Penguin Magic. The Blackout U.S. Half Dollar on Brian's site is $59.00 as opposed to the price of $44.25 at Penguin. Is the higher price from Brian's site simply because you can then join in on the "Tips & Tricks" discussion?
Received my Morgan blackout a couple of days ago and I gotta say, this is an amazing tool. The quality of the coin is exceptional and Brian goes over all the r and d that went into making it on a section of the DVD. A lot of thought and research went into this gaff. It really doses look like real magic when you see brians handling. I like the way he teaches too. A very laid back and charming style he has. Best of all is that most of my shirts and tops are already black!
Does anyone have a routine with the margins worked out?
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 13:42, gaffed wrote:
I'm a tad confused as to the huge price difference when ordering straight from Brian's site and from Penguin Magic. The Blackout U.S. Half Dollar on Brian's site is $59.00 as opposed to the price of $44.25 at Penguin. Is the higher price from Brian's site simply because you can then join in on the "Tips & Tricks" discussion?
[/quote]
The retail price is $59 for the half. $55 for the quarter. Penguin, as usual, goes way under retail. They're welcome to price it at whatever level they'd like. So I don't fault them for that but I'm certainly not going to go into a pricing war with them on my own item. It's one reason we sell the silver coins exclusively from our site.

Sean, I'm glad you're enjoying the Morgan.
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 16:31, Platt wrote:

The retail price is $59 for the half. $55 for the quarter. Penguin, as usual, goes way under retail. They're welcome to price it at whatever level they'd like. So I don't fault them for that but I'm certainly not going to go into a pricing war with them on my own item. It's one reason we sell the silver coins exclusively from our site.
[/quote]
Sorry Brian, I wasn't in any way trying to suggest that your price was too high, or that you should be competing with [i]whoever[/i] the dealer might be. I just thought that perhaps your price might possibly reflect the right, and or permission to join in on the “Tips & Tricks” discussion on your site.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 5:41pm
Just ordered the Half Dollar one. If it works out well perhaps I'll then order a Quarter Coin. Of course, now that it's summer I hardly, if ever, wear black considering the heat albeit black is my favorite color for shirts and other various apparel.
[quote]
On 2010-06-23 14:15, J-Mac wrote:
CasualSoul: So you do a Coins Across with quarters? (Not sure, are Canadian quarters the same size roughly as US quarters?)

I ask because though I have a few gaff coins in US quarter size, I have never performed with them. I practice with half dollars and whenever I pick up quarters they feel extremely tiny and I worry about them being too small for spectators to see well enough.

How's it work for you?

Thank you.

Jim
[/quote]
Yeah, our quarters are the same size, but no, I don't really have any issue with the size of the coins. I never perform this effect for more than 4-5 people at a time though.
Thanks CasualSoul. Yeah, I'm sure you are correct. I think they just feel too small because of all my practice time being done with half dollars.

Thanks again!

Jim
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 26, 2010 01:56PM)
There are not many coin gaffs I suggest folks explore - this is one of them.

If you have the curiosity and $$ - ask for an [ blackout.
Think of what that means when you ask a peer for a coin then stuff happens.
Jonathon,

Does that exist currently? Or are you suggesting that someone request it to be made?

Thank you.

Jim
Just received my Blackout Kennedy Half Dollar and all I can say is wow!
Although I could easily surmise what the coin was before I ordered it, I can now easily see just how much work went into making this special coin and trying to make one yourself would be pure folly. I haven’t played around with it too much as of yet, but I’m looking forward to doing so when time allows.

If after some needed practice with it, and it works out smoothly, I might very well also purchase a Quarter Blackout. Great work Brian on bringing an ancient magic principal to the present time, and something that is easily usable in a very close up situation.
Figure a custom Morgan Blackout might be possible?
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 17:54, Hare wrote:
Figure a custom Morgan Blackout might be possible?
[/quote]
http://shop.plattmagic.com/product.sc;jsessionid=D7626F3DC01610EBE638F8E2D8452318.qscstrfrnt02?productId=8&categoryId=1
Just recevied "BLACKOUT" today. I am really impressed with the gimmick and DVD. I am very new to coin magic and this seems like it is going to be a lot of fun to perform. Can't wait to try it out! The DVD is very informative and now has me interested in picking up some Roth coin magic DVD's.

Mike
Custom work seems to be no problem for Brian and Mike. I just ordered a blackout barber half. Good customer service with these guys.
Man, I'm so glad that this string continues to live and evolve. Just goes to show you how truly great Platt's "Black Out" is. :) Right from the beginning here, didn't I tellya it was the truth? ;)
Still waiting for word from him about the gaff I'd like to purchase.
[quote]
On 2010-07-08 16:41, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Still waiting for word from him about the gaff I'd like to purchase.
[/quote]
From your previous post I thought you had purchased one already!
Anyway, I'm not at all too clear on what a Blackout ] would be, or what purpose it would serve. After having a Blackout coin I can imagine what a Blackout ] would possibly look like, but I can't fathom how it could be made. Obviously something that can't be discussed here for fear of giving away anything.

Patiently waiting for the weather to cool down here when I can wear something black. Being in the 90's and humid beyond belief, if one were to wear black it would be a signal to have one hauled off to the Twinkie farm! ;)

Other than that, if you have some question as to the gaff you are interested in simply PM Brian. Then again, maybe you already have.
I've had the quarter gaff for at least six months.
And posted some of my findings using the gaff on this and other threads.
As well as mention of showing a couple of applications at NEMCON back in March.

I'm waiting for word on if they would be up for making a gaff in the other coins I use and at what price.
Will this work wearing a sweat shirt?
It will work with sweat shirt.Brian has a sweat shirt on in some of the Video
with it.
Thanks Paul.

Mark
Just received my custom order in barber half dollar. Really nice work. This has gotta be the cleanest way there is to totally vanish a coin. Does any one use this for a cleanup in VCA? This would be a good way to end clean with 3 examinable coins.

Kind regards
Sean
I'm curious - how many who have purchased Blackout use it regularly when performing? I own a Walking Liberty Blackout gimmick and I love the effect but, to be honest, I never use it in performances. While Blackout is totally devious in its design, to me it is good for one vanish and then it is just there for the rest of the time. I feel that to use it more than once is inviting exposure of the trick.

Thanks!

Jim
Hi J-Mac,

I know what you mean but I do think is can be structured for use in more than one vanish. This is very easy to retreive from its station and can also be used for a production. I'm working on a one coin routine that brings this in and out a couple of times. Using it as a convincer more than anything.

Kind regards
Sean
[quote]
On 2010-09-19 01:20, J-Mac wrote:
I'm curious - how many who have purchased Blackout use it regularly when performing?

I would like to know how many people use Blackout all the time performing. Good
question.J-Mack

Paul
Thanks Sean. I know that when Blackout was introduced everyone was posting about how they loved it and how they were using it. However like so many such gimmicks/gaffs, it didn't take long for the posting to stop and I was wondering by now if many were still using Blackout regularly in their acts. Or if it was only popular when it was new and had been stashed away to make room for "the next big thing".
:)

Thank you.

Jim
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (Sep 23, 2010 09:08PM)
Still using mine. Like a James Bond utiliy device. HAHA.
Looks great!!
Hi,
Is this still being used by people regularly ?
It just got an exceptionally good review on the Wizard Product Review show.
I have got some stuff that I want to try out with it! But I need to get some of the flok stuff that is on the back of the coin in cloth. So I can make a hard close-up pad out of it! I have had it for some time! And was going to do some stuff with it. But so many outher things came up!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 11, 2011 08:13PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-11 13:08, NFW wrote:
Hi,
Is this still being used by people regularly ?
[/quote]
Ahem .... yes.
[quote]
On 2011-05-11 16:46, David Neighbors wrote:
I have got some stuff that I want to try out with it! But I need to get some of the flok stuff that is on the back of the coin in cloth. So I can make a hard close-up pad out of it! I have had it for some time! And was going to do some stuff with it. But so many outher things came up!
[/quote]
David, all you need is anything that's DARK - does not need to be black flocked contact paper from the craft store. It will fade away onto your black coin purse or wallet. It will become a shadow and melt into your tee shirt.

Tabled work using it is not a big deal - but to be fair IMHO it's more useful in the hands like in EG or to hide your windows in FP or Purse Palm. ;)
No Contact Paper would be a going backwards! And I have played with As you say " Any thing dark" IE. a black close up pad And I do not like the look! :( It may "Get By" as some say, But it's not right!
And I am not ready to Give up On tabled stuff Yet! I think there is some cool stuff there! :)
Not that I will not play with some stand-up stuff. I will! But I don't think you should just toss away tabled stuff that Quickly! I think there could be great stuff there! Like for the frist and the fouth coins in a mult. coin routine! Ok well you go your way and I will will go mine! :)
Does this work with € coins?
I am not sure If you can get it in that or not!
Can you get the half dollar gimmick any where in the uk
Been looking at this for some time - ordered the half dollar today as a result of the WPR. Those boys cost me a darn fortune!
Gaffed,

A Blackout ] would enable you to show a coin on both sides and then vanish it.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 12, 2011 11:54PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-12 01:30, David Neighbors wrote:
...( It may "Get By" as some say, But it's not right!
And I am not ready to Give up On tabled stuff Yet! I think there is some cool stuff there! :)...
[/quote]
The stuff is electrostatically attracted then glued on small (smaller than 1/8") fibers - nontrivial to do yourself. it's not a fabric like velvet - but that can be pretty close if you get a cotton type rather than silk/shiny stuff.

If you have not explored real BA before - your issue is going to be relative illumination/lighting (also perhaps angle-distance). You can manage the some of the contrast by putting something bright colored or actually illuminated around your mat or working area and then making sure ambient light does not cast any edge shadows - that means light from on top and/or light from around the sides pointing UP (toward audience). It's a stage lighting thing but there are guys here who know that stuff cold. If you can control or set up the lighting it will help both to hide things when they are supposed to be hidden and to make things visible when you want them visible. Imagine a shadow/well about an inch over your mat. That's what things fade away into.

Once you have some BA working - things like the tiddlywinks change can be pretty darn cool. but again - distance and lighting - at the bar or right place is perfect else you have to set up some lighting and restrict your audience.
FYI-

Penguin says they are out of stock right now... :-(
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 14, 2011 01:13PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-13 15:11, saysold1 wrote:
FYI-

[/quote]
contact Platt magic directly
[quote]
On 2011-05-13 15:11, saysold1 wrote:
FYI-

[/quote]
Just buy it from Brian Platt's web site when you order his new effect "Sugar Rush". You know you want Sugar Rush, so kill two birds with one stone.
hth
Ralph
I just finished ordering 1964 Kennedy Half from Platt Magic directly. I had looked on Hank's website for it but they didn't have a 1964 Kennedy Half. I just figured Platt didn't make one, however to my good fortune, I went to Platt's website and found he has quite a few coins to select from, including a 1964 Kennedy Half.

I can't wait to start playing with it. :)
I just got this and it is absolutely fantastic You could never make a home made version, I mean, right under their noses, from the side surrounded, or in their face, there is no flash of the gimmick. I'm definately getting a couple more made. Brillant.
Yea I got one in a barbar half from him! It's been seting here saying " when are you going to work on me" for a long time! And so much outher stuff has come up I have just not had time! :(
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11472
I love Platt's stuff. I just got a Morgan blackout; now I have 5 different blackout coins. Fantastic!
Like this effect!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 24, 2012 08:32PM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-24 18:49, ibraa wrote:
Like this effect!
[/quote]
? what effect?
[quote]
On 2011-06-28 17:13, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea I got one in a barbar half from him! It's been seting here saying " when are you going to work on me" for a long time! And so much outher stuff has come up I have just not had time! :(
[/quote]
Get a few, a black closeup pad and do an assembly where instead of the coins assembling under the card at the end they wind up under the pile of discarded cards. ;)

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 9:10pm
Between Downs Palm and Edge Grip, some fun options using that. And if you're studying the Ramsay tricks- go ahead and use one along with a dark shirt/sweater/background and take advantage if a new wrinkle on the Ramsay Subtly as you spread your fingers more freely as you might otherwise be able to without flashing.
Yeah, what a great subtlety that little "wrinkle" is, ain't it. ;)
For those who are looking for the holy grail in coins this is it . Best utility . Hands down . Combine these with any other gimmick and you have very powerful arsenal. Fore this is the answer to three coins across .

This is one of my top three utility device in ten years of magic .