(Close Window)
Topic: Ultimate Positive Negative!
Just a quick note about this effect from me!

http://professionalmagicroutines.com/pmrstore/shop/item.asp?itemid=37

Thanks

J
Here is a mini-review of this product. Readers should know that I have never before bought from John, or talked, or "PM'ed" with him (before this purchase), so this review is certainly not biased. You should also know that I do not know many envelope prediction routines so I don't have as many methods to compare to as most performers.

First of all, I payed the pre-order price of $7.77 for this, and I must say that this could be the best $7 magic purchase I have ever made. I sent the money on July 30th, and was promised to get the ebook by August 4, and I found it quite a surprise to receive this within 24 hours!

The description of the effect is correct. There is absolutely nothing suspicious before, during, or after the effect. Unlike most positive/negative effects, this method starts and ends clean no matter what: the outcome of the flip will always be on the paper. The only downfalls that I have discovered are that you need to bring a sealed envelope with you holding the prediction, thus eliminating some of the impromptu aspect, and business cards are best to be avoided. By making several envelopes and keeping them in my wallet, it is practically impromptu anyway. I would also say that nothing more than a normal pencil/pen, an envelope, and a small piece of paper are needed to perform the effect (The pencil/pen isn't needed after you have written with it). I do not want to say anything more about the method, other than I am 99% positive no-one will be disappointed with the purchase.

If you are worried about the teaching or the layout of the ebook, John explains everything that needs to be explained, and I am sure if you were told the method in a few sentences you would be off and running with it, anyway.

Without a doubt, this effect will be something I carry around with me everywhere, and John wisely warns that it should only be used in the right moments, for this effect will slay any spectator in its path. :)

RATING: overall 9/10 because this is nothing revolutionary, but 12/10 considering the low price payed for this gem.

CW
Thank you! I appreciate it.

j
What John has here is excellent in effect and methodology. It is streamlined, crystal clear in presentation, and simple to do. This is exactly the type of material I look for.

For those who don’t know what Positive Negative is, or how John’s work fits the plot, here is a 50,000 foot overview (what is seen from that altitude, no specifics):
A prediction is tossed on the table, a group of coins are collected from one person or the group (the coins can be real or imaginary). One coin is selected, tossed in the air, and the prediction matches the orientation of the coin and the coin that was selected.

Without getting into specifics, this is what John’s work looks like. That clean, that open, no funny business.

I like it!

Tony Iacoviello
I too have had the opportunity to read John's Ultimate Positive Negative. The effect John includes with this is excellent, well thought out and very easy to set up and perform.

Not only that but you can do any type of multiple choice revelation you wish. The possibilities are endless! It's all about the presentation! Highly Recommended!

Max
Just got this an hour or so ago. Haven't performed it yet, of course, but I've made a few up and tested the handling. This thing couldn't be any cleaner. You rip open the envelope, hand it to the spectator, and they dump your 100% correct prediction out in their own hand. Beautiful.

JD
If mr.iacoviello say is good is enoughfor me

however I have only one question .. is the envelope necessary or can we have the prediction on a slip of paper

I think the envelope is needed due to the methodology I suspect but it would be good to know I'm wrong ..
I just finished reading this. I had to smile. Clever indeed. Simple, yet effective. Probably the best and easiest solution yet to this effect that Max Maven made so popular. Two thumbs up!
[quote]

however I have only one question .. is the envelope necessary or can we have the prediction on a slip of paper
[/quote]

The envelope is necessary. However, as our spectator's subconciously know, the envelope is an important safeguard that keeps us from tampering with the contents :)

JD
[quote]
On 2009-08-02 22:06, PsiDroid wrote:
If mr.iacoviello say is good is enoughfor me

I think the envelope is needed due to the methodology I suspect but it would be good to know I'm wrong ..
[/quote]

The effect is performed just as I wrote it up Psi ...

http://professionalmagicroutines.com/pmrstore/shop/item.asp?itemid=37

Thanks for your support.
I find hard to believe that no one before came up with such thing: maybe they came up with it but they simply did not market it to other people

this however is NOT intended as a remark against john little idea: but simply my thoughts on it
After reading this I really got a look into the mind of our beloved Mr Cesta.

The effect is simple, easy to do and baffling to a spectator!

When I read the method I smiled so much it hurt! It was almost one of those "DOH!!" moments! I love the effect and I love the method.

Very clever thinking John!!!

Keep up the good work, you are making us all try harder to come up with great ideas.

Peace & Love

Matt
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 4, 2009 01:17PM)
With all this blabbling of "my idea", "your idea", "if it is what I think.... then..."

I am completely sidetracked!

However... if this is what *I* think it is( eh! eh!) ... then you stumbled onto something very under-utilized and, in my opinion, genius!
LOTH, I hope you are correct!

J
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 4, 2009 01:48PM)
I always am!
[quote]
On 2009-08-04 14:48, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I always am!
[/quote]

... even when you're wrong your righter than most people! ;)

j
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 4, 2009 02:09PM)
[quote]
On 2009-08-04 14:53, johncesta wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-08-04 14:48, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I always am!
[/quote]

... even when you're wrong your righter than most people! ;)

j
[/quote]

... But I was right 100%!

And so, if you go and read my previous post in this thread, you see why - even before reading your booklet - I called this idea "under-utilized"... and genius!

Because I have used this idea oh!... for so many things... and yet I have rarely if ever found out in the literature effects that employ this sneaky subterfuge to its full extent.

Great minds think alike ??? ;)
LOTH,

I don't know what to say, I can't think of anything "clever" at the moment except that if my mind is going to be like anyone's in the Café I am certainly glad it's like yours!

j

PS: Of course, nothing against anyone elses mind!!
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 4, 2009 03:16PM)
Just IMAGINE what you can do with one simple, modest himber wallet coupled with this...

Or how to extend this idea to four or more people so that anyone can call pretty anything (out of a ranged force set) and you - apparently - with your envelope in view from the beginning... or with something you write on it due to some forcing as part of the structure.... Oh!... the pain, the pain, in keeping for myself all of these possibilities :bg:

Anyway - this little baby that John has put out is worth way much more than the meager price he asks for it!

My vote - 5 STARS OUT OF 5!
I agree-

in just a few minutes of thinking I was able to take the envelope idea and turn it into an excellent closed prediction card effect (just like the open prediction but the prediction is sealed).

Also, I will probably use the envelope for the ultimate CAAN...I use the envelope idea from Jonh's ebook and the rest from The Grail by Mike Rose if any one else is interested.

CW
Thank you ALL for the support. I hope this version of Positive/Negative met each and every one of your expectations.

j
I just want to add my praises. It met and exceeded my expectations. Fabulous idea. It definitely got the wheels turning as well. Thanks again!
Just got this today and must say it is fantastic! I see and read a lot of tripe and it's rare that I find something that I will actually use. As mentioned this opens itself to may different applications.

Well done John!!!
Many times we walk the paths of life and every now & again we happen upon something grande...John's Ultimate Positive Negative is of that genre. Very simple idea but works like a charm. I too have looked at quite a few of these type effects and like some of them even though they use some of the things that John doesn't like but as to the simplicity that he does like, well this is exactly that pretty much and it does not skimp on the amazement.

The instructions are simple enough and directly put. I love when you get a 12pg pdf but don't really have to read that much stuff...:D John shows you the way with some photos, explains a little plot with patter and the rest is up to you.

This effect is exactly as he puts forth here and worth getting IMHO. As mostly a coin guy, this is another one of those wonderful little out-effects that I believe will help to (easy to me) break up my coin work, much like NFW or Doc Daley's Last Trick. Nothing hard here, just a good new take spit shining an old classic to an even higher gleam. :)

I would sure like to know what some of the other guys here that have created these kinds of Positive-Negative effects think of what John has done. I know my friend Scott Guinn has one and another good thinker as to this came up with Business Coin-Prediction, both very good takes on this IMHO. I mean would they too think "Ultimate?" They just very well might. :)

Wish I had caught this for the initial cost but for a few dollars more I think it's still well-worth it. Good job JC. Simple is good. :) -Mb
I've played around with this effect for many years, but was never really happy with any version. This one is 'it' - unbelievably simple, clean and 'moveless'. It's going straight into my everyday wallet.

Congratulations, John!
Looks like the reviews on this are ALL POSITIVE and NO NEGATIVE! ;-)

I see that many great magicians and magical thinkers have chimed in...so I guess I will too. Oh I am not putting myself in that prestigous category...I have something even better than any of the above praise...I got the PDF...I did it for MY WIFE...and the results are in...it passes "the wife test"! Yes read that again...It passes the wife test! This is good stuff!

Thanks for sharing John...

Cody S. Fisher
I would also like to add my congratulations to John for some VERY clever thinking.

I am always dubious whenever I red that something is the 'Ultimate' version of anything, however in this instance I think that the title may well be justified!

The method is both sneaky and forehead-slappingly simple. As with many a brilliant idea you will find yourself asking, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Well no harm done, John DID think of it and now we can all benefit.

Thanks, John.

ME
Uh oh. You have my complete attention, sir.
I saw a few in WHSmiths the other day, next time I go ill pick up a load.

Also you can get replacements from Alakazam

Peace & Love

M
A few days ago I posted a reply but in a little story I may have added a few lines that semi-exposed the Tommy Pad. So, just in case, I had the post removed.

But I was thanking my friends: Paolo, Mb, Cody, Marvin, Allank, and Mark and the rest again that I referenced in an earlier post for appreciating my work.

I am currently working on a new ULTIMATE! Classic you will enjoy.

Thank you!

John
I just got suckered in...

:)

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-08-07 18:04, Nathan Pain wrote:
I just got suckered in...

Nathan
[/quote]

I have a small problem at paypal, I see three orders (some at 12 noon) but they have yet to send them to me. I'll check it out.

J
Mine is under a woman's first name, last name Sparks...PM me if you need more info...

Thanks,

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-08-07 20:40, Nathan Pain wrote:
Mine is under a woman's first name, last name Sparks...PM me if you need more info...

Thanks,

Nathan
[/quote]

aaahhhhh haaaaa! So that explains it! Your real name isn't Nathan, it's Natania!!! haha
Everyone should be good now and received their PDF. Yea?

J
[quote]
On 2009-08-08 12:01, lunatik wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-08-07 20:40, Nathan Pain wrote:

Thanks,

Nathan
[/quote]

aaahhhhh haaaaa! So that explains it! Your real name isn't Nathan, it's Natania!!! haha
[/quote]

Yep...you got me...now I've got something for you...a S.O. with your name on it...

Nathan
Ok, now let's get back on topic...
I will be using this concept to predict the 4 closest NFL Football match-ups for week 1...

CW
Back on topic...UPN...

I like it...and indeed smacked my forehead...sneaky...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-08-08 16:43, Nathan Pain wrote:
Back on topic...UPN...

I like it...and indeed smacked my forehead...sneaky...

Nathan
[/quote]

That's more like it!

j
Great version !
Excellent !
Don´t miss it

Enjoy!
Ponch
[quote]
On 2009-08-11 17:16, ponchito wrote:
Great version !
Excellent !
Don´t miss it

Enjoy!
Ponch
[/quote]

Thank you my friend. I appreciate that!

I just emailed an image to everyone that purchased this product. It's something I thought about and felt I left out.

Let me know if you don't get a short email from me.

j
The email gave me memories of all the supplements Elliott sends out for Switchcraft. I came up with my own method to keep everything as it should be as John's method doesn't use the full idea but I am very appreciative he took the time.

This little tips gotta be gold for some people, thanks!

Lem
John,

I don't think I got an email from you today...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-08-11 21:27, Nathan Pain wrote:
John,

I don't think I got an email from you today...

Nathan
[/quote]

Check your IN box.
I got it...

Nathan
I'm very interested in this :) Is the setup easy and practical to carry around with you? I mean can you handle the envelope freely and keep it in your pocket without having to worry about messing up your setup?
[quote]
On 2009-08-12 10:28, AlluTallu wrote:
I'm very interested in this :) Is the setup easy and practical to carry around with you? I mean can you handle the envelope freely and keep it in your pocket without having to worry about messing up your setup?
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY AlluTallu! Piece of cake. Maybe some others will chime in as I am certainly biased.

I just added SSL (SECURE SERVER) capability to the web site so this item is now an INSTANT DOWNLOAD upon purchase.

Thank you!

John
John, I'm sending my money right now.

-Aleksi
OK Aleks, what your verdict?
Aleksi,
You'll have no problem with this. Carry it around for as long as you want...pull it out...and you are set. It can't get any simpler.
John,
I really like this. This is so simple, that there is no excuse for putting anything less than 110% of your creativity and effort into the performance. Because of this, it's easy to believe. And when I believe, it leaves my audience with no way out.
PS: That added email information was very helpful. Thanks a lot.
Nicholas
[quote]
On 2009-08-12 19:48, Rizzo wrote:
OK Aleks, what your verdict?
[/quote]

I really enjoyed this ebook altought I was already familiar with the basic method. However there were some tips and subtleties in this book that made the method more practical and well worth the price for me!

-Aleksi
Thank you Aleksi!

And, since I've been selling this as an instant download, I haven't had the chance of thanking each and everyone personally for their purchase. So thanks! I apperciate it!!

J
By the way, I forgot to comment on this. John came up with a very good use for this idea. It's easy to carry around and pretty cheap to make up. If you do walkaround and know you will have people that will run into each other afterwards then make up several envelopes to have different predictions: quarter, penny, nickel, dime, etc.

Keep them in certain pockets so you know which is which. Now you can approach tables near each other and people get different outcomes that they will later talk about. I've done something similar by carrying three small Himber wallets so I could have different outcomes here and there.

Very nice idea for a small price. Congratulations, John.

Greg
[quote]
On 2009-08-13 23:00, Greg Arce wrote:
If you do walkaround and know you will have people that will run into each other afterwards then make up several envelopes to have different predictions: quarter, penny, nickel, dime, etc.

[/quote]

Good point. Since there are only four coins a specific corner could be bent/cut off and you don't have to worry about pockets....or you could just draw a circle on one of them that resembles the size of the coin in your mind.

CW
The corner idea would work perfectly here. If you always oriented the envelope a certain way then the corners could be bent in a clock formation to signal the coin: penny would be considered the one o'clock position so it would be the upper right corner, nickel then would be lower right, dime lower left and finally upper left is quarter.

Greg
Nice thinking guys but for me the way John first put this, via the absolute simplicity of it, is the way to do it but of course to each his own. :) The use of the equivoque puts the needle on the dial where you want it everytime. And I also agree that it's better done every-so-often rather than over and over again. Just my 2 cents (or 25cents as it were) :D and attempt to not muddy waters that were first put so clear.
John,

Fantastic piece, thanks for putting it out.

Please can you send me the additional image as well.

Thanks
Chris
Should be in the new PDF Chris depending on when you purchased it. In the last few days?

j
[quote]
On 2009-08-14 06:55, Mb217 wrote:
Nice thinking guys but for me the way John first put this, via the absolute simplicity of it, is the way to do it but of course to each his own. :) The use of the equivoque puts the needle on the dial where you want it everytime. And I also agree that it's better done every-so-often rather than over and over again. Just my 2 cents (or 25cents as it were) :D and attempt to not muddy waters that were first put so clear.
[/quote]

Yes, simplicity EXACTLY and remember not everyone here purchased the effect so don't give too much away. This isn't a secret purchasers only forum. Thanks.

John
[quote]
On 2009-08-14 06:55, Mb217 wrote:
[/quote]

MB, Greg was not talking about abandoning the simplicity of the method. His idea was to make up the ability to use the method for different coins. I could make it more clear, but shouldn't in the open. PM me if you want. I thought it was a deadly addition to a killer routine. (What's with all this "death as a good thing" talk in magic... weird!)
This is good. This is REAL good! Squeaky clean and right to the point. Good job, John. Keep 'em comin'!

-rob
Pearl, I understood exactly what Greg said and that's why I responded as I did. Is what I said not logical? Also I said "...to me" and "...but to each his own." I understand totally how all the extra stuff gives you more options, just don't think it's necessary to mess with such perfection or "ultimacy" as it were in this particular case. It was just an opinion, not a challenge and with that I totally accept your take on it as well. Hope you better understand mine. :)
Mb217, the only reason I mentioned what I mentioned was for those that might be using it in walkaround.
If you did a card trick, let's say, to a group that talks afterwards and they were able to say, "Oh, I got the 4 of Hearts, too." Suddenly the effect loses it's "oomph" because they believe they now know the trick.

If, on the other hand, a bunch of people talk about it later and say things like "I got the 4 of Hearts", "I thought of the 7 of Spades", etc, then they come to the conclusion that somehow you could predict what ANYONE can think of.

Of course, if you do John's effect here and there for different groups then it's find to just have the one set up.

Anyway, it's a very nice idea to have on hand when the time arises.

Greg
Thanks Greg! I am almost finished putting together your CASH OUT effect. It's very cool and something I will be using soon.

j
Greg, like I said man, "I understand..." :D

Sue me, but I like the old black & white movies more than the super techni-color/3D presentations, though such presentations have their place.

It's a good effect and I wish all the best in any way they use it...How's that? :)

Just the same, good to hear from you man...I hear you have some excellent work out there. :)
John,

Could I get the updated PDF with the extra image put in it...

Thanks buddy,

Nathan

If I don't keep 'em together...they will get lost.
Nathan, did you get this?

J
John, yes...thank you.

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-08-05 17:43, Mb217 wrote:

I would sure like to know what some of the other guys here that have created these kinds of Positive-Negative effects think of what John has done and another good thinker as to this came up with Business Coin-Prediction, both very good takes on this IMHO. I mean would they too think "Ultimate?" They just very well might. :)

[/quote]

Hey, ya never know! While I have my BusinessCOIN Prediction, I am a huge fan of this premise and can see me getting this soon to check it out.

It is getting some nice reviews, John. Good luck with the effect!

Bryn
Better hurry Bryn they're goin' fast!

J
Just a heads up when you order this item.

It IS an IMMEDIATE download. DIRECTLY upon purchase from paypal you WILL be shown a link to click or taken to a DOWNLOAD screen. If you mistakenly pass this up, (you will know when you don't have it immediately) you can:

1. Go to the web store
2. Login using your email address and the password you created
3. You will afforded the opportunity to download the PDF at that time.

Thanks to everyone who has made this item a success ... in my mind anyway!

John
I just got mine and have to give some props to John for this item. This will work, and very, very well.

Will I use this for Positive/Negative, no. I already use and love BusinessCOIN for my POsitive/Negative routine.

Will I USE this idea you have adapted to Positive/Negative for other predections? YEP! The possibilites are endless, and expand far beyond the "Positive - Negative theme" that John markets this under. I already have several ideas swimming around in my mind, and coupled with some other subtlties, this is a winner ruse...big time.

Some thoughts...and consider these ideas were spent over just a third read on the patio this mornign over coffee with no real-world...yet:

John mentions a color issue....I wouldn't worry about it with the proper handling...not even a move, just how one orients something as something is done. I think some color would add to it. No sense running on something this pure.

Combine this this with other methodologies for more than the included number of outcomes: Frixion predictions, BusinessCOIN methodology predictions, MORE than one of these envelopes (mentioned). With proper prep, one could actually do a KK - Any card prediction.

Great thinking, properly creditied, plenty of photos....

Well worth the price for this idea...
Nice work John!

Bryn
Thanks Bryn. I appreciate your words.

John
Not a problem...certainly well deserved!

Bryn
John-
Please link your website in your signature, to make it easier & quicker for us to buy.

Thanks.

Tom
[quote]
On 2009-09-12 14:25, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
John-
Please link your website in your signature, to make it easier & quicker for us to buy.

Thanks.

Tom
[/quote]

Consider it linked. Thanks Tom hope you enjoy it!!

J
Having seen all the praise and aware that sometimes things can be over-hyped, got UPN. Not only was the delivery instaneous - as promised - but it exceeded expectations.

Not only do you have entertaining coin prediction effect and which can be performed anywhere but what you are actually buying is a utility and idea which you can use in a variety of different mental effects. This has been one of my best purchases for a long time. I will definitely be using this.

Highly recommended and a big thank you to John.
Thanks Neil, I do appreciate the purchase AND the praise!

John
Stay tuned for the DOUBLE WHAMMY!

j
The DOUBLE WHAMMY is this:

As a thank you to all that have purchased my products here is a 15% off coupon for anything I sell

At checkout simply enter in: THANKYOU and you will receive a 15% discount on the entire order.

This 15% DISCOUNT WILL last until November 17 and can be used as many times as you wish.

So, THANKYOU

j
WOW! I am surprised that so many have taken me up on this offer so far.

Thank you!!

J
After all the positve comments I`ve got this tody and must say GREAT!!!
Regards
Detlef
The reason I think this has proved so popular is because of its versatility. I won't be using the effect as Positive Negative but have used it to excellent effect for a Just Chance routine.
I too want to say how much I love this. I bought this and Scott Guinns Positively Positive on the same day. I read both of them and loved each of them for there own reasons. I like the completely impromptuness of Guinns' but I love the cleaniness of this one and will probably be using this one more in my regular gigs because I will have time to get set up. I have already performed this twice and gotten good reactions. It was funny because my wife had no idea what I was doing but the moment I said I have three invisible coins, she said she wanted the quarter. Great! Then she just started pretending like she was flipping it. I said great that is actually what I want you to do. She was pleased as punch. Beautiful. Thanks.
Thank you Detlef! I am happy that you are enjoying this item.

Don't forget to use the:

At checkout simply enter in: THANKYOU and you will receive a 15% discount on the entire order.

John
[quote]
On 2009-10-19 11:51, NeilS wrote:
The reason I think this has proved so popular is because of its versatility. I won't be using the effect as Positive Negative but have used it to excellent effect for a Just Chance routine.
[/quote]

Neil you are so right!!! Whatever value you receive from it I appreciate!

John
John,

Can't wait to download your effect. Read so many wonderful comments from respected people in the Café and the community. I wish you all the best from Manila!

Cheers and Mabuhay!

Rannie
Got my download and read it immediately. I always loved the effect. I always have it on my...the old H*&^r wallet and the head/tail thing. I love the fact that I can use a normal everyday object ... the envelope.
Congratulations John! Great thinking! This is a real worker!
I got a chance to use this several times last night at the restaurant and it blew people away. Last night was the real test for me as it's different when showing friends and family. People just couldn't understand how I could know. I loved it before but now that I've used it in the trenches. I will carry at least one in my wallet at all times ready to go.
I got it too and think it is very good indeed. But having three coins in one hand (for real or only imaginary) and a co.../si..er in my other hand/clenched fist I can produce the same effect, with proper presentation and management may be even stronger. Jan
Yes, I do it that way as well on occasion. It's also a miracle and the c**n may have a symbol on it.

J
[quote]
On 2009-10-21 07:55, rannie wrote:
Got my download and read it immediately. I always loved the effect. I always have it on my...the old H*&^r wallet and the head/tail thing. I love the fact that I can use a normal everyday object ... the envelope.
Congratulations John! Great thinking! This is a real worker!
[/quote]

Thanks Rannie!! Looks like it's a Thrilla in Manila!! ;)

j
Thank you Mr. Forster!

j
Thread Submissive? ;)
For the coin guys ;) ;) ;)

Adjective: submissive
1. Inclined or willing to submit to orders or wishes of others or showing such inclination
2. Abjectly submissive; characteristic of a slave or servant
We can role reverse in the next thread.
[quote]
On 2009-10-30 08:34, johncesta wrote:
Thank you Mr. Forster!

j
[/quote]

John, but not me, or? :readingbook: Jan
Just read John's pdf and it's worth its weight in gold, just for the envelope idea alone! I highly recommend this effect.
[quote]
On 2009-10-31 04:50, JanForster wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-10-30 08:34, johncesta wrote:
Thank you Mr. Forster!

j
[/quote]

John, but not me, or? :readingbook: Jan
[/quote]

Yes, BOTH of you! ;)

j
I agree with gabelson. The envelope idea is absolutely fantastic & rather than use it for the Positive Negative routine, I use it instead for Just Chance. This envelope ruse has been one of my best finds of the year :)
NeilS,
Would you be kind enough to give us some more info on the "Just Chance" effect/routine?

Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,
Rochaz
John, one of me will buy you a beer at mindvention....
Jan
[quote]
On 2009-11-05 20:41, JanForster wrote:
John, one of me will buy you a beer at mindvention....
Jan
[/quote]

I WISH I could be there my friend. At MOST for YOUR beer.

John
[quote]
On 2009-11-05 15:42, NeilS wrote:
I agree with gabelson...[/quote]

I have to agree as well!

j
First annual HOLIDAY discount

Use this: XMAS coupon and receive 25% off the entire order.

John
I just used this effect to play to a whole room at a restaurant. I was going to check the place out and one of the band members was going to introduce me to the manger. The band leader wanted me to come up and do something before there next set. I agreed but wasn't sure what to do because I only brought a few close up items to show the manager. I always carry at least one of these envelopes in my wallet and I just happened to bring an extra one with me. I presented both envelopes to the spectator, asking him some personal questions, which allowed me to determine which we would use for the game of chance. I then proceeded with the routine as normal. I had a mic so the room could hear both me and the spectator and in the end it got great applause. I was so pleased it worked for the larger crowd. I wasn't sure how it would play. I love this effect and always fry people with it. Thanks John.
Just got the effect. Very useful and clever idea. As mentioned earlier, the basic premise can be used in a variety of effects.

Nice job John.
Angelo
[quote]
On 2009-12-08 18:14, Wolfenout wrote:
I just used this effect to play to a whole room at a restaurant. I was going to check the place out and one of the band members was going to introduce me to the manger. The band leader wanted me to come up and do something before there next set. I agreed but wasn't sure what to do because I only brought a few close up items to show the manager. I always carry at least one of these envelopes in my wallet and I just happened to bring an extra one with me. I presented both envelopes to the spectator, asking him some personal questions, which allowed me to determine which we would use for the game of chance. I then proceeded with the routine as normal. I had a mic so the room could hear both me and the spectator and in the end it got great applause. I was so pleased it worked for the larger crowd. I wasn't sure how it would play. I love this effect and always fry people with it. Thanks John.
[/quote]

Definitely Wolfenout, the way this is laid out is prime for a room FULL of people or a stage routine. You could, is desired, make the effect in a larger envelope but it's not REALLY necessary.

Thanks and glad you found it of value. I like the idea of giving them their "choice" of envelopes. Never did it that way but it certainly frees their mind of method!!

John
Thanks Angelo! I appreciate it.

j
Bought this when you first brought it out John and have been doing it ever since. :) It's a great little effect, packs small and plays very big. I keep some on me wherever go and people are always amazed and left scratching their heads. :)

I'm more of a coin guy but this breaks up the real coin stuff with Invisible coin stuff with no jingling. :D I love it.

Between this, The Invisible Deck and B'wave with my coin stuff, I have an easy Mentalism set that kills. Not bad for a coin guy. ;) -Mb
Thank you for the comments MB, quite a strong testimonial. I appreciate it.

J
Hey everybody!

This sounds great. Although I've just recently purchased Scott Guinn's Positively Positive and am wondering if anybody has both. If so how do they compare?

Thanks
-Dane
They're different. start a new thread.

j
Both are great in their own way. Depends on which advantages you are looking for. A new thread might be nice, but neither effect deserves to be put down. I think this is a rare occurrence when both should be owned.

CW
Hey CardWiz!

Thanks for the info! I simply enjoyed performing the original version so much that I would love to learn any interesting variations!
Although you have to carry envelopes with you, John's method allows the spectator to have a free choice and a there is convincing revelation.

CW
I agree with Wiz here that the other takes on this genre are great too, they all have their own POP! and are well worth it as amazing effects and as great values.

But it's no a big deal to carry the little envelopes around with you at all, no more than its any bother to carry around your credit cards or a few pictures of your kids. I carry a few with me nearly everywhere I go (whether I do it or not). I keep a couple in my jackets, a couple in my wallet and a few here and there to be able to do it anywhere I go. It's that easy to do and to carry around. Like I said, packs "very" small and plays "very" BIG!

Mrdane, 2 words - Get it!
Mb217 you are too kind!

J
I know this is an old thread but can a regular letter envelope be used for this?
Yeah, it could. May even be better that way.
Thank you John for this great effect.

Yesterday I fooled 3 magicians in row, their comment has been that I am very lucky :)

Congratulation John

Tommy
In honor of Tommy above I am making this offer:

Buy UPN and get Ultimate Technicolor Prediction for FREE.

This offer is good until: End of July 4!!

Happy hunting!
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 13:31, John C wrote:

Happy hunting!
[/quote]

Hey John - how do we take advantage of this? Is there a promo code or something?
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 13:52, j100taylor wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 13:31, John C wrote:

Happy hunting!
[/quote]

Hey John - how do we take advantage of this? Is there a promo code or something?
[/quote]

Just buy the Ultimate Positive Negative and I will email you the other.

see my sig for the place to buy.

Thanks

J
WOW! This string just keeps going and going. :D

I am still doing this trick, still every I go. I always keep a few in my wallet and love showing it. It's just a real clever set. It's very easy to do and just kills. Looking back, I've been doing this for years now, since John first put it out. I always loved the concept of Positive Negative effects but this one just clicked with me and presented itself so compact and powerful, easy to do.

As I've mentioned here, I'm mostly a coin guy but regularly do a closeup set that always includes Ultimate Positive Negative at least a couple of times, every time out. The coin and card stuff kills them, and then UPN finishes them off. :D

People love it, I know I still do. ;) And I still highly recommend it. *Oh, and John's Technicolor Prediction ain't no slouch either. ;)

-Mb
I saw this thread and took advantage of John C's deal on Positive/Negative and Technicolor Prediction. Because of some minor confusion, John was kind enough to send me his Ultimate Chair test for no extra charge. Totally unnecessary. So that was some money well spent. Can't promise you will have the same experience but if you don't own these effects the price is hard to beat. I like all of the effects and it was a very pleasant experience doing business with John!
Mr Mb you are always so kind towards my ideas. Thank you!! I appreciate it.

j100, thanks for not passing by a good thing when you see it. ;)
I think you will like the chair thing. It's got a lot of avenues you can persue.

J
I'm VERY late to this particular party. But I'm glad I finally made it.

John's take on "+/-" has finally given me a version I can enjoy performing.

When I watched Videomind way back when on my hand-me-down VHS recorder, I immediately loved the 'imaginary coins' plot. But like many others I wasn't happy with half of the possible outcomes. Since I realised there were alternate versions, I've purchased and researched and explored, but never really found one that fitted me.

Until now.

In my opinion John's right to label this the "Ultimate Positive Negative". There's no ambiguity, weird writing, fiddly thumb placements or other unseemly carry-on.

It will live in my wallet on a permanent basis for those times when I need a quick, punchy and reliable test of a participant's intuition.

Highly recommended.
Just purchased John's Ultimate Positive Negative, and I love it! Max Maven's Positive Negative has always been one of my favorite "quickies". I generally perform magic routines; not much in the way of mentalism - it just doesn’t fit my persona very well. But I do like to have a few nice little mental magic effects ready for when the time is just right for them. Positive Negative fits my bill perfectly, but I never did like what I considered the downside at the reveal. John has eliminated that part of the routine, which is what makes this number perfect in my opinion!

I will enjoy performing this! Gotta tone it down though and make sure not to overdo it!

Thanks John - great thinking!

Jim
Thanks j-mac I appreciate your comment .
New BLACK FRIDAY SALE. Use coupon: 25PERCENTOFF. All items.
Glad this effect is still getting press after 5 years, John! Well deserved!

Bryn
Like this a lot!
As strong as any I'm aware of and the simplest in performance.
Half the work in performance while making the effect more direct.
Clear,to the point..NICE!
Thanks John!

Steve
Excellent. Don't know how I've missed this. Is your deal still on?
Thanks.
Joel
[quote]On Feb 14, 2015, JoelDickinson wrote:
Thanks.
Joel [/quote]

No but buy it and I'll send you something with it.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2015, John C wrote:
Thanks.
Joel [/quote]

No but buy it and I'll send you something with it. [/quote]

THAT'S the spirit!

Well-deserved congrats on a thread with some legs, John

Bryn
Let us know when your next sale occurs.

(In other words, I need to visit this thread more frequently.)

*jeep! Good night and God bless! (Thank you, Red!)
--Grandpa Chet
Thanks.
Joel [/quote]

Hey Joel, do I owe you something?
[quote]On Mar 27, 2015, John C wrote:
Thanks.
Joel [/quote]

Hey Joel, do I owe you something? [/quote]

Now THAT's customer service.... A virtual handshake, and it's good to go.....

Bryn
I broke down and bought it. Read it. Slapped my head with a "Why didn't I think of that?!" Simple, easy, and utterly fooling. I may kick myself for not thinking of it, but when something really good comes along - it's almost always something with the fewest "moving parts" so we can get right to work.

Dang! I knew it would be good when I saw Bryn give it a thumbs up, but I had no idea it would be this simple, this good, this quick. I can give my entire brain over to acting.

Kudos & three thumbs up! (I use a thumb tip.)

*jeep! and God Bless! (Thanks, Red!)
---Grandpa Chet
Darn Chet, I don't know what took you so long.
PM your email address, I'll get you in on the 25% sale by sending you something more!!!

For the rest, use this for 25% off everything till JUNE: 25PERCENTOFF
Arf! Arf! Thanks you very much, Mr John C! You yam a scholar and a generalman!

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa
By the way, you asked what took me so long?

I'm a professional procrastinator. I subscribe to Procrastinator Monthly, published quarterly. Still waiting for issue #2; issue #1 came out in 1985.

Example: You'll notice it took me six days to answer your question.

*jeep! and God Bless! (Thank you, Red!)
----Grandpa Tzhett
[quote]On Apr 12, 2015, mormonyoyoman wrote:

I'm a professional procrastinator. I subscribe to Procrastinator Monthly, published quarterly. Still waiting for issue #2; issue #1 came out in 1985.

----Grandpa Tzhett [/quote]

Well....you may just have me beat!!
[quote]On May 27, 2015, John C wrote:
[quote]On Apr 12, 2015, mormonyoyoman wrote:

----Grandpa Tzhett [/quote]

Well....you may just have me beat!! [/quote]

Sure, if that's your idea of a good time.

(Wait - I was supposed to wait 45 days to replay.)

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Procrastinatin' Grandpa
I use this. It's a doddle. You can make a bunch up then just carry them in a pocket. If you want to mix things up, you can just vary the slips and put dots on the outside to remind you which is which. Just in case people compare slips at a walk around party gig or something.
I know how you brits are but WOW! It really is a word:

doddle
/ˈdɒdəl/
noun
(Brit, informal) something easily accomplished
They first cobbled together the language, John, so they get to make up new words.

Well, we do too - but when the Brits make up new words, they're legitimate.

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
Yup! English is a doodle, when you're English.
Use this code: XMAS50

To receive a full 50% discount on all my PDF items!!
Still on. Thanks to everyone of you who took advantage of this. I appreciate it.

Merry Christmas!!

J
50percentoff

Everything. Thank you.
Just got this super excited. :applause: