(Close Window)
Topic: Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders
I just got an email about this, no specifics as of yet. I wonder what he has in store for us now!!
This sounds interesting ... better gimmick? ability to hand out ALL bills after change? double change (blank to ones to hundreds)?
Here we go again.. :) ...
Wonder if there will be pre-orders? I had enough of that on another thread
I honestly do not think there needs to be a 2.0.

And I am tired of a "minor" improvement, costing another total price of the product, which I have already paid for.

I like Sanders, but I am getting a little tired of it all.
I just got the email too! I'm wondering the same as Lunitik. It's one of my favorites so he has my attention!

:)
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 21, 2009 09:54PM)
He said in the email he will let us know in a week. This will be a long week.
Any guesses? :)
Mr. Sanders posted the demo for Extreme Burn 2.0 on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA0UBIZmmEI

I don't see any difference in the changes. Wonder what the improvement is. ?
I'm in! There's a big difference in the thickness of the last bill. It's great how you can show both sides so freely!

How much is this one Richard????

Mike :)
[quote]
On 2009-11-21 20:14, eddierush wrote:
This sounds interesting ... better gimmick? ability to hand out ALL bills after change?
[/quote]

Steve Haynes has already accomplished this with his Handout 500!

Should be interesting to watch the patient waiting for 2.0 to actually hit the market!
So, is this a free "improvement" for those or us who funded the original???
It seems as though this is a whole another DVD.
James, James, James, you know there ain't no free lunch! ;)

I do feel that a discount with proof of purchase would be nice but I'm not holding my breath!

I've had a LOT of fun with EB and I'm sure I'll continue to do so! The thickness has never been a problem for me so if that's the only improvement I think I'll stick with the original for now!

I did just pick up Handout 500 earlier in the week but have yet to muddle through the assembly! It does look like a VERY slick effect!

MMc
To me, looks like he slipped in some magnets...If it is, Def a cool improvment! If not I cant wait to see!!
I perform Extreme Burn and prefer it than all the others. Now 2.0? Enough of this (fill in the blank). Are these people starving so bad from the recession that they can't get a gig anymore that they have to come out with an updated version of their own trick? Am I the only one who feels this way? I have never had any problems with performing EB. I've even been able to make it look like I was handing out the bills for examination. Unless 2.0 is real magic, what improvement can there be to warrant a re-release of an updated version?

An inquiring mind wants to know. :)
Seems to me that when Hand Out 500 came out, it made EB a questionable buy; He had to do something about it.
Wow, why are people upset that there's a version 2 coming out?

If he's improved it, hasn't he got every right to release version 2? If Richard Sanders had just put out one note change effect and then stopped thinking about it, then we'd only have 'Slow Burn' and no extreme burn.

I can't imagine how he could better extreme burn, but I can't wait to find out what he has done with it. We are free to not buy if it's just a dvd of different changes, but I'd be surprised if that's all it is.

Damian
If Pat Page had not put out Easy Money, we would not have Hundy500,Heiny500,Slow Burn,extreme Burn, Prophet ect...
How About Easy Money 80.0?
Out of all handlings of the Easy Money Gimmick my favorite is Heiny500,but for someone who has never played with this gimmick,i would recomend Extreme Burn.
The effect is very pretty,but after spending hundreds of dollars on the same gimmick over and over again, I have sworn off spending any more cash on Easy Money variations.
I have learned enough ways of flipping a flap.
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 00:37, mandarin wrote:
So, is this a free "improvement" for those or us who funded the original???
[/quote]

LOL ... LOL ... oh, oh stop it please LOL. That's hilarious. :D

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 10:40am
In about a week from now, those who have never bought a money change effect will have one more choice. Choices are good. Change is a constant. Competition helps drive innovation. It's up to you to decide is the changes and/or improvements are suitable for you.

Happens all the time - dvd/bluray, Windows Vista/Windows 7, Original D'Lite/New improved D'Lites - get it?

"... my two cents"
Can't wait to see the details so I can decide if it is worth it. Anyone who bought David Regal's Sudden Deck, and Sudden Deck 2.0 knows that a good trick can always be improved upon.
I don't think people in general are "upset" with improvements to products or EB which I have and love to do. It seems many people are getting tired of the endless "pre-hype" that is becoming so prevalent on the forum in every area.
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 00:52, MickeyPainless wrote:
James, James, James, you know there ain't no free lunch! ;)

I do feel that a discount with proof of purchase would be nice but I'm not holding my breath!

I've had a LOT of fun with EB and I'm sure I'll continue to do so! The thickness has never been a problem for me so if that's the only improvement I think I'll stick with the original for now!

I did just pick up Handout 500 earlier in the week but have yet to muddle through the assembly! It does look like a VERY slick effect!

MMc
[/quote]

Mickey-

You're right. I just got conned big time by people I trusted, so that was me just being ouchy...

HELL, I just got EB out last Friday evening to begin working on it. Now I don't know if I should wait, start making the gimmick or what...
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Nov 22, 2009 12:45PM)
There is always version 02.........I think every creator should wait until their creation reach the ultimate version, then and only then he/she release their creation to the open market.......unles this version 02 is lightyears ahead from teh Version 01.......
I have Prophet, but EB 2.0 looks better. I'm sucked in again. lol.
I can't really tell from the video what the "improvements" are.
Rafael: I'm sure he thought EB was the ultimate version, but then he came up with more improvements. There's no way of knowing if an effect has reached it's maximum potential or not.
It only reaches it's maximum potential once they've sold the hell out of it.(lol)
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 22, 2009 05:06PM)
EB Version 1 is a "worker" in my regular strolling and close up acts. I have great patter for it and it plays big every time. However, constant never ending improvement is the mark of a professional.

I look forward to seeing Richard's new ideas. I'm also looking foward to Fiber Optics vs 2 and Tagged vs 2 as well. Gotta go now, I've got to get to the store to buy a copy of Windows vs 7 before they come out with version 8.
Rich, you missed Fiber Optics "Extended" by a couple years! ;)

Richard has a diabolical mind so I'm sure 2.0 has more than meets the eye (uTube demo)! As I stated earlier, it will have to be pretty big for me to change since I personally think EB 1.0 is a GEM!

MMc
At least with Fiber Optics extended he added the Ring effects. This seems to be a much better addition then slightly modifying the gimmick to get the same results.

I didn't see the difference in thickness of the bills, unless he figured out a way to slit the bills and remove the "cardboard" center...
I loved the first one. I wrote to him and mentioned a few very minor things I did to improve the trick for myself. He quickly responded and then when I sent him the idea he never responded. I included in the email that I wanted nothing for the contribution if he liked them. I still love his dvd and think its one of the finest upclose magic tricks around.

I keep my money in a money clip no big deal but it keeps the money in very good shape and its alway ready.
Improvements is what we should all strive for.

The better it gets the better we all are.

Sad will be if we are stock with a trick that cannot be improved. Think how good the bill change concept is going to become in the future with all the improvements that they can create.

Why getting upset. I am excited that this effect is getting better and better.
Nobody b*tched when Michael Jordan retroed his Air Jordans 10+ times for each of the 30+ models. Or when Honda released the Civic 5+ times.
Look for it to cost about $29 for the "new improvement". The demo shows nothing new, which is the only thing we can judge it on right now. So, if it's the gimmick that has changed, and we still get the same visual, then there really is no reason for a new version is there? Who cares about what is inside, the laymen will never see that. What they see is the visual bills changing.
I and many others !@#$%ed about the Jordans, they really cheapened the brand when they did those ridiculous cartoonish versions of the classic Jordans. Fortunately they didn't screw the 4s up too bad with the updated version.
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 19:46, dinger136 wrote:

I didn't see the difference in thickness of the bills, unless he figured out a way to slit the bills and remove the "cardboard" center...
[/quote]

Cardboard center??
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 18:06, Mediocre the Great wrote:
EB Version 1 is a "worker" in my regular strolling and close up acts. I have great patter for it and it plays big every time. However, constant never ending improvement is the mark of a professional.

I look forward to seeing Richard's new ideas. I'm also looking foward to Fiber Optics vs 2 and Tagged vs 2 as well. Gotta go now, I've got to get to the store to buy a copy of Windows vs 7 before they come out with version 8.
[/quote]

I love Rich's patter, it's hilarious!
[quote]
On 2009-11-23 10:30, ted french wrote:
I and many others !@#$%ed about the Jordans, they really cheapened the brand when they did those ridiculous cartoonish versions of the classic Jordans. Fortunately they didn't screw the 4s up too bad with the updated version.
[/quote]

LOL, I agree. I 1.) didn't think anyone else was into shoes and 2.) just tried to make a point :)
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 23:55, rockthemike wrote:
Nobody b*tched when Michael Jordan retroed his Air Jordans 10+ times for each of the 30+ models. Or when Honda released the Civic 5+ times.
[/quote]

Yeah, but the Jordans could be returned and you got to test drive the Honda first...
I'm wearing the Jordan 3s as I type this.
Is it just me or does the video demo show him handling the bills more freely?
I'm with you mike, looks much cleaner but hard to really tell, guess we have to wait till it comes out and make a decision then

Don
Yes, it is hard to tell. Richard does everything so smoothly so the difference in his hands is hard to see a difference.

-Ron
[quote]
On 2009-11-23 10:31, gaffed wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 19:46, dinger136 wrote:

[/quote]

Cardboard center??
[/quote]

Just a joke referencing the ability to split cards and make them thinner, etc. There is no cardboard center to the bills, so really, how do you make them thinner???
I just watched the YouTube demo for EB2. I don't see this as an improvement so much for the spectator, who will see the same effect either way, but it might be an improvement for the magician in terms of ease of handling.

The difference to the spectator in Handout 500 is perhaps more obvious, but until I try it myself I won't know if the handling is more difficult. I suspect it might be, but practice would undoubtedly mitigate that.

All of the Easy Money effects are the same to the spectator when performed correctly. Only we know the difference. The different versions I have seen all have something to recommend them in terms of the different handlings, but the lay person will experience the same thing.
[quote]
On 2009-11-24 00:08, sruli wrote:
I just watched the YouTube demo for EB2. I don't see this as an improvement so much for the spectator, who will see the same effect either way, but it might be an improvement for the magician in terms of ease of handling.

The difference to the spectator in Handout 500 is perhaps more obvious, but until I try it myself I won't know if the handling is more difficult. I suspect it might be, but practice would undoubtedly mitigate that.

All of the Easy Money effects are the same to the spectator when performed correctly. Only we know the difference. The different versions I have seen all have something to recommend them in terms of the different handlings, but the lay person will experience the same thing.
[/quote]

honest and very well put!
500 is very direct and the proofs are in the right spots.
Easy Money is a classic,but like I said before,it was very nice seing a whole new approach to this effect that was outstanding on it's own merits.
It's the only really new take on the multi bill change that is truly outstanding and offers many features and not just the hand out ending.
I have it set up for four ones to four fives and five ones to five tweenties and the cost for both gimmicks cost me a total of twelve bucks!
I ask for a tweenty or a hundred and do the change with my ones and exchange bills that instant.
I get the benefit of the handout ending and then simply exchange bills back when I'm done.
My opinion is based on owning most all the Easy Money Variations and for someone who has never had a version of Easy Money,i would recomend both.

John
Here's my thing with this effect. If I add this to my repertoire it means that I don't have access to those bills any more. So, if I use 4 or 5 bills of $20 and 4 or 5 ones this effect is actually costing me $84 to $105dlls. I love the effect, but it seems a little pricey for me. I know you could re-use the gimmick as a regular bill, but if this goes into my working repertoire then I can't. These bills need to be ready to go always, so effectively this trick costs me 80 to 100 dlls, plus the DVD. Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.
Couldn't you do magazine clippings or paper clippings to one dollar bills?
In canada, we would have to use 5's so its quite costly. And I personally think its stonger to turn 5's to 20's (or 100s) instead of magazine clippings to some bills...
Actually he did handle the bills more freely you weren't just imagining it. Also the transition between denominations was cleaner so my guess is Richards devised a way to hand them out after the change. I love EB1 and I love Hand Out 500 I'll use both since the visuals are different on both so I don't see the problem with owning each of them. Looks great Richard!
Vorezo it is stronger to change money into larger money but there is a solution to where it isn't as expensive. If you have to make it a little less strong, then so be it.
[quote]
On 2009-11-29 13:26, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.
[/quote]

I do, although my concern with the effect goes even further. I have EB and have not used it, because I just can not make any sense of it. I know magicians do weird things with strange objects, but turning something into real money and not distributing it to your faithful audience seems at the very least a little miserly. Turning it back into what it was before- are you a stupid magician, or just being mean?? I can't get past that...
Hello,

read your post on why you don't do EB. it's such a beautiful effect, it's been around for so long and used with great effect by patrick page and other pro's all up until now that there must be a way you can find to present it and be happy with it.

would this help make some sort of sense for you?

I take out old 'collectors' uncirculated canadian bills to show them how they've increased in value by ten fold....literally.... (then I flick and they visually change into new $10 bills).

however, once money has been alterted (magically) in this manner, in the wrong hands, they may inadvertantly be changed back to it's first state (the old collector's $1's) while you are paying at a cash register (then I flick and they visually change back into $1 old style bills - like cinderella does at the stroke of midnight) - which could land you in jail.

I can't take that liability and I'd never wish that on any poor soul - so I make it a point never to hand them out. I just change the bills myself when I am in need.

it conveys that you are not a stupid magician because you are able to do it yourself and use the money but explains why you don't hand them out and what the extreme consequenses are if you did hand them "altertered" bills out.

you could use this explaination for regular $1 USD bills and changing them to $10's or $20's or $100's. the same applies - you could go to jail trying to pass $1's as $100 dollar bills.

with the above explaination (which I don't even go so far to explain) this is just as strange a thing for any magician to do as all his other effects. it's on even level playing ground now.

so go out and start doing Extreme Burn!!! no more exuses!!!

Have fun with it! Hope this helps you try it out! it's Fun!
Richard doesn't release poor effects. The video on this looked cleaner and more magical than EB. Just that little bit extra that elevated it.
[quote]
On 2009-11-29 15:20, mandarin wrote:
[quote]
Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.
[/quote]

I do, although my concern with the effect goes even further. I have EB and have not used it, because I just can not make any sense of it. I know magicians do weird things with strange objects, but turning something into real money and not distributing it to your faithful audience seems at the very least a little miserly. Turning it back into what it was before- are you a stupid magician, or just being mean?? I can't get past that...
[/quote]

Miserly? Do you give your coins away at the end of your miser's dream routine?
Turning them back is not a problem, you just need the patter. I do it and stick the money in my pocket. They know what they saw, and it is over. It is a mini stage illusion. After the effect on stage the performer doesn't invite them up to inspect the props. It just happens, they (hopefully) are amazed in what they saw, and you move on.
Any news when it will be released?
How about starting with 100s changing to 1's and presenting it as the most useless magical ability ever. At lease no one will be lining up to have you change their money which always seems to be the punchline of this trick
[quote]
On 2009-11-29 15:20, mandarin wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was in your camp, which is why I really like Steve Haynes's "Handout 500."
Xcath1-

Along your line of thought, I have considered starting with the larger bills, for example 20's, then borrowing one from a spec, adding it to the stack, then changing them all to ones. Could be good comedy, right up until you get punched. Just gotta have a way of getting that 20 back to the spec before he socks you...

bugjack-

Stopping short of exposure, can you explain how Handout 500 avoids the problems at issue?

Thanks,

Jim
Well, you can distribute the bills if you want. Or, on another level, dropping them to the table or handing them out to show them as singular provides a more satisfying concluding beat than changing them back. In my opinion, at least.
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know when Extreme Burn 2.0 is due to be released? Am trying to decide between getting EB (looks like a better change in the demo) or Handout500 (nice to be able to hand out bills and thinner) and hoping the introduction of EB2 will tip the decision one way or the other!
Thanks, Simon
Am I correct in assuming that Handout is examinable and EB is not?
You can not hand out all of the bills from EB as the gimmick is integral to one of the bills. This is what allows the switch back to the original denomination.
I have Extreme Burn, but didn't get an email from him about Extreme Burn 2. Has anyone heard anything else from Richard?

Regards, Steve
Not a thing Steve..

DOn
THe last email I got from Richard was he would be getting these out Mid Jan...sent him an email this morning asking what the latest ETA was...I will inform all when I hear...
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 11:13, Mike Heitkamper wrote:
Can't wait to see the details so I can decide if it is worth it. Anyone who bought David Regal's Sudden Deck, and Sudden Deck 2.0 knows that a good trick can always be improved upon.
[/quote]

Agreed, but if the creators would work in all those improvements in the initial release of the effect, it would save many of us lots of dough, and of course, the creators of said effects would not have the fun and profit of selling us the effect two or three times.

I love my original EB, but it will take some substantial changes from Richard before I decide to shell out more bucks. After, all the multiplying money thing is only an illusion so I'm not getting any richer by performing the effect or by purchasing. (But Richard is!)

Now if the illusion was real, that would be cool, because I could afford to buy all the improvements they put out.

All that aside, I have to admit, the changes on that video looked pretty eye popping.
I haven't heard a thing as well
The mystery deepens....
There have to be a discount, Extreme Burn 1.0 is only 1 year old...
I think a lot about the most effective way of using EB so it has some purpose and self effacing humor. I would like to know what you think.
I ask the spectator if I can borrow a 1.00 bill which I am going to attempt to turn into a 20.00 bill. I show the ones (I use four ones) and insert their one dollar bill in the center so it makes five. (Sometimes I even have them put a little x in the upper margin to identify it. When I do the change to twenties there are four twenties with a one dollar bill in the center (with an x on the margin) that didn't change. I announce that it didn't work this time and give them the one dollar that was sandwiched between the twenties. I then put the packet away. This takes care of the problem of doing a trick without a purpose or in not giving the changed money to the spectator. As far as they know they got their dollar back while being totally baffled by the magical change. Judgehiker
[quote]
On 2010-01-16 23:31, judgehiker wrote:
I think a lot about the most effective way of using EB so it has some purpose and self effacing humor. I would like to know what you think.
I ask the spectator if I can borrow a 1.00 bill which I am going to attempt to turn into a 20.00 bill. I show the ones (I use four ones) and insert their one dollar bill in the center so it makes five. (Sometimes I even have them put a little x in the upper margin to identify it. When I do the change to twenties there are four twenties with a one dollar bill in the center (with an x on the margin) that didn't change. I announce that it didn't work this time and give them the one dollar that was sandwiched between the twenties. I then put the packet away. This takes care of the problem of doing a trick without a purpose or in not giving the changed money to the spectator. As far as they know they got their dollar back while being totally baffled by the magical change. Judgehiker
[/quote]

you can change the patter to address poor service from a waiter!
[quote]
On 2010-01-16 23:31, judgehiker wrote:
[/quote]
Wow! That's probably the best presentation of a bill change effect I've ever seen! Seriously! I've never been very privy to most bill change presentations, and therefore I've never bought any of the many versions out there.

I think your idea has made me want to buy Extreme Burn 2.0 when it comes out. Thanks SO much!
After that, How about then changing their $1 bill to a $20 as a single bill switch and then back again?

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:06pm
Btw anyone heard anything about the release date of EB 2.0?
Giving up on this, haven't heard a word

Don
Have just seen on Richard saunders website - due to be available on 1st feb. Can't find any other details though.....
Thanks Simon..

Don
I was about to start a new thread inquiring on EB 2.0, it's a good thing I did a search first. I sent Richard an email asking what is the difference between the current EB and the 2.0 but I have not received a response as of yet.

Roberto
Is EB 2.0 released today ? Found it anybody in an magicstore ?
Have NOT heard a thing from Richard on this in quite a while

Don
Hmmm. Theres nothing on Sanders's site about 2.0. ALthough it does say it was supposed to be released today, but I have not heard or seen anything either.
I wasn't too excited about a EB 2.0. The original EB works just fine for me, and I can't personally see what an EB 2.0 could add that would justify remarketing it on a whole seperate DVD.

I occasionally receive emails from creator's whose DVD's or ebooks I've purchased with updates on an effect. I believe this is the right way to do it, and not re-marketing with 2.0's. especially only after a year of the first one being released.
[quote]
On 2010-02-01 14:39, Gospel Dan wrote:
I wasn't too excited about a EB 2.0. The original EB works just fine for me, and I can't personally see what an EB 2.0 could add that would justify remarketing it on a whole seperate DVD.

I occasionally receive emails from creator's whose DVD's or ebooks I've purchased with updates on an effect. I believe this is the right way to do it, and not re-marketing with 2.0's. especially only after a year of the first one being released.
[/quote]

I completely agree. I was hoping for a simple upgrade for those who have already purchased Eb from sanders. Although this is not likely. Eb is awsome and I stil use it to this day. The reason I am so excited is that I think 2.0 is going to be an extreme(no pun intended)and updated version of the gimmick itself. From the video I have seen on youtube, the gimmick seems easier to handle. Also the "last bill" seems much thinner. I suspect maybe magnets may be involved, but I have no idea.
Maybe because of the not so excitement for the release Richard decided to hold off??
Don
I hope Sanders did not decide to release it, I was looking forward to it. The teaser vid on youtube looks good. Hopefully a demo will be released soon, along with a product
Just buy Extreme Burn. It works just fine without 2.0
It's no longer available.
Why would he discontinue making them, and pull them off the market?
Dan,

I have PM'd you his email.
Probably best to ask him directly.

Sincerely,
Bill
BTW, not that it matters but everyone keeps saying this was released last year... Extreme Burn was actually released two years ago.
Extreme Burn 1.0 is no longer available? On Richard's website version 2.0 was supposed to be released February 1 of this year.
I'm not sure why Richard decided not to release it as planned. Perhaps there was a mistype on his site. Im not sure. Others from the Café have sent him emails about it, but from what I know he has not answered back.
[quote]
On 2010-02-02 17:20, elimagic wrote:
I'm not sure why Richard decided not to release it as planned. Perhaps there was a mistype on his site. Im not sure. Others from the Café have sent him emails about it, but from what I know he has not answered back.
[/quote]

He used to have an assistant answer e-mails for him and they were not very efficient at passing the message along to Richard. (Not sure if he still has that assistant). Would explain the lack of response though.

Don't sweat it, Richard's a cool dude. He must be, since he called me the best magician in the USA. (A funny inscription he placed on a packet trick he mailed me. Thanks Richard).
Haha ya he seems like a really nice guy. And his products, well they speak for themselves
[quote]
On 2010-02-01 15:44, magicman1 wrote:
Maybe because of the not so excitement for the release Richard decided to hold off??
Don
[/quote]

That is the best theory, yet.
Bummer
I don't have EB1 and was waiting until Feb 1st to get EB2 but as it now seems that there may be a delay on the release if it's released at all I've decided to go and buy EB1 as I managed to find a UK supplier who has it in stock (most places say it's unavailable) so I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I just hope it's good, and although I would have liked to have the new and improved version, from what I've read EB1 is still a great effect and will amaze if performed right so I guess for now I can live without EB2
[quote]
On 2010-02-03 15:37, cytoplasm wrote:
I don't have EB1 and was waiting until Feb 1st to get EB2 but as it now seems that there may be a delay on the release if it's released at all I've decided to go and buy EB1 as I managed to find a UK supplier who has it in stock (most places say it's unavailable) so I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I just hope it's good, and although I would have liked to have the new and improved version, from what I've read EB1 is still a great effect and will amaze if performed right so I guess for now I can live without EB2
[/quote]

You'll love it. It's a great effect in my opinion. :)
Doh!!!
Just got an e-mail from Richard. Extreme Burn 2.0 has been released into the wild.
Seems like it could be a good deal but I have a question.

What the the price of the old EB? Is the pre release price a discount when you add in the $6.50 shipping? I mean I buy from dealers that still give free shipping and 10% off so wondering if I should wait.
However if the price is going to shoot up $20...
Richard has a Youtube account with more video clips here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SandersFX#p/u

Richard did a great job on the retail side of this, offering two options:

Extreme Burn 2.0 DVD

(THE FULL DVD)
NOTE: This package requires no previous knowledge of Extreme Burn. Everything is explained.

Package includes:
The Original Extreme Burn training DVD with over 10 Extreme Changes and so much more.

PLUS: 75 MINUTES OF
BRAND NEW FOOTAGE
(featuring HAND OUT TECHNIQUES, New moves,
Fresh concepts, Advanced
Underground changes,
Magazine to money workshop,
Pro tips and much more!)

PLUS: 1 BRAND NEW
ULTRA THIN Gimmick.
This is built to last a lifetime.

Over 2.5 hours on
1 incredible DVD.

OR.....

Already own Extreme Burn?

(The Upgrade Package)
NOTE: You must already know how to perform Extreme Burn in order to use/understand this package.

Package includes
3 NEW ULTRA THIN
Extreme Burn 2.0 gimmicks.
(reg. $25 alone)

PLUS: 75 MINUTES OF
BRAND NEW FOOTAGE on DVD.
(featuring HAND OUT TECHNIQUES, New moves,
Fresh concepts, Advanced
Underground changes,
Magazine to money workshop, Pro tips and much more!)

(It's like getting the BONUS DVD FOR FREE!)
Okay, this sounds great! Especially for those who already own EB.
This is obviously not one of those chezzy 2.0 updates. It's very clear that Mr. Sanders has put a lot into the new EB 2.0.

I also thinks it's absolutely great that Mr. Sanders offers a full package for those unfamiliar with EB, and an upgrade package for those already familiar with it.

And I really thought that EB couldn't get any better. Boy, did I ever under estimate Mr. Sanders.

I'm sold! :)
Dan, I get everything Richard releases because he simply doesn't disappoint. No quick, untested releases to make a fast buck. Everything he puts out he performs in the field.

Chris
I agree. I have a few things of his as well and have never been disapointed. I look forward to his possible lecture here in Regina in November.
Got an email from Richard on 2/5 stating they received all the items needed for order fulfilment and will be shipping them out within a week (perhaps in a few days)...I cant wait!!
I don't think it is possible for Richard Sanders to release anything but best workers. He is truly a genius
Hi all I've just received my EB1 and the day after I placed my order EB2 was officially released...doh! anyway, I have no regrets as I can build an EB1 gimmick and practice the moves while I await the arrival of EB2. I'm from the UK and have a question mainly to people who perform this with UK currency. What are the best UK notes to use in terms of size? I owned slow burn a few years back and built my gimmick for UK £5 notes from newspaper clippings but would like to use my new EB 2 gimmick to change 5 UK national lottery tickets to £20 notes. I'm not sue if the UK £20 notes are too big to handle in comfort without the skills of Richard Sanders who can achieve just about anything and make it look natural! I think £20 notes would be ideal as producing £100 is far more appealing an impressive than producing a mere £25! The £20 notes simply look far more impressive... however this adds an extra width to the gimmick ( it goes from 2.75 to 3.2 inches). Does this make a big difference to the handling and smoothness of the effect? If anyone from the UK already performs this effect please let me know what denominations you are using or recommend.
Many thanks,
Ravi
Hi Ravi,
I have had EB1 for some time now and change magazine clippings to £20 notes. I find that £20 notes are a perfect size for the effect and very impressive to the audience as you are producing £100.

The notes ar NOT to big to handle.

Kind Regards

Mike
Thanks for the reply Mike. I'm pleased that it should work fine and I'm looking forward to trying it!
I just got the newsletter from Denny and Lee. It says that they will be receiving Extreme Burn 2.0 on Tues. (Feb. 16). I pre-ordered the upgrade package. So I expect to get mine on Tues. as well.

I've been looking for a way to change blank paper into US currency. Can anyone offer any suggestions on finding paper that will match the color (and consistency) of US currency?
I use paper I found at staples. It is a slight Green^ color and a bit heavier. I can't tell you the exact name but it is stationary and comes in a box. I had them cut it into bill size.

Ron
Nice improvements - IMO
I am all about the evolution of existing products also...

It would be interesting to get a report on Hand out Vs. EB 2.0 ...::: ANYONE :::...

- Jason
Does this work with foreign currency (ie: Japanese yen or Taiwanese NT)?
This is an idea in progress. What if there was some meaning to the paper that changes into money. Pieces of paper that have some value and then their value becomes represented in money. That way you have a double or triple emotional trigger: Magic, money, and the third thing, whatever it is. I hope I make some sense. Just throwing it out there. I don't perform this, but I just might if I find this right extra.
What's the Wallet like that comes with this?

Christopher
[quote]
On 2010-02-14 10:47, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
This is an idea in progress. What if there was some meaning to the paper that changes into money. Pieces of paper that have some value and then their value becomes represented in money. That way you have a double or triple emotional trigger: Magic, money, and the third thing, whatever it is. I hope I make some sense. Just throwing it out there. I don't perform this, but I just might if I find this right extra.
[/quote]

This makes perfect sense.
Whenever I perform EB, I will take ones show them, and then right before I change them I ask the spectator what they would do to the ones if they could do real magic, 9 out of ten they will say"turn em into 20s,, then I do the change.

If I do paper to money, ill have the paper, but then I write IOU on all of them and tell the spectator that these are some of the IOU's I havereceived from people over the years when they borrow money. And then I change them and say,, but don't worry, they prommised to pay me back. or something like that,,, it works like a charm, and now it will look even better with EB2.0
Anyone received shipping information also? I didn't hear anything: Just click the link, pay the money and then: nothing more information.

The much I like Richard's effects the much communication with him really sucks: never got an e-mail response of any of my questions I sent him.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 15, 2010 05:11AM)
[quote]
On 2010-02-14 10:47, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
This is an idea in progress. What if there was some meaning to the paper that changes into money. ...
[/quote]

There's a few posts on this and even the outline of a routine - try the search function.
Just got confirmation, was shipped..Yea!!!

Don
[quote]
On 2010-02-15 05:43, madcats9 wrote:
Anyone received shipping information also? I didn't hear anything: Just click the link, pay the money and then: nothing more information.

The much I like Richard's effects the much communication with him really sucks: never got an e-mail response of any of my questions I sent him.
[/quote]

mc9,
Did you order thru the RS newsletter email?
If so you should (or soon will) receive an PP email confirming the shipping of the package.
I received my email confirmation yesterday around 5:30 PM Central time.

Hope this helps!

Rochaz
I ordered mine order thru the newsletter on February 10 and received today the email confirming the shipment. :)
Mine will probably arrive in about 2 days, we will see.
No confirmation for me yet! I ordered the same day the email was sent... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just heard from Richard! My EB2 is on it's way! Yippee....:)
Thank Goodness..I thought you were going to cry there for a minute Mike..LOL

Don
I ordered mine from MJM earlier this week. It was shipped tuesday and should be here by the weekend.
Here is just a quick little review. Actually not really a review, just a little 2 cents. No I am not a beta tester or anything, I just have richard sanders fever.

The new gimmick- the gimmick, in my opinion is much better. As the ad says, it is super thin, but still allows for all the moves from the first dvd, and also makes the visibility isue some were having much much better. There is no impression around this gimmick the way some people were have with the original gimmick. A good upgrade.

The wallet- The wallet that comes with it is very simple. When I first openned the dvd and saw the wallet, I was disapointed at how cheap it looked, but after seeing the way richars uses it and works it into the routine, I kinda like it, it serves its purpous. Also, some were saying you may need the wallet to hand the bills out, aka, himber wallet. This is not true, the wallet is merely for keeping the gimmick safe and in good condition.

The hand out techniques- These new techniques were spot on. The are very simple to do, but they do what the ad says, they let you immediately hand out the bills. There are several techniques which are all good, and allow different ways for different situations.

New set up of bills vs old set up- Before buying this, I was a little concerened that the gimmick would be completetly different. I really like the old set up, but the new set up is almost the same. There are a few minor changes, but don't worry, it handles the same way the old one does, which is and was magnificent.

Teaching- Its Richard Sanders, need I say more

Overall of uprgrade- This was not one of those crappy upgrades that inventers change one minor thing just to get more money, this was truly a great upgrade. It has over an hour and a half of new, breakthrough routins and handling that breath new life into EB. It was clearly very thought out, and it is by far, in my own minuscule oppion, the best looking, easiest to do, just crazy awsome bill change on the market, by one of the most intuitive minds magic has to offer. If you do not have this then seriously, order it. Even if you are satisfied with the old EB, this gives so much more to the effect.
I hope this little insight helps, have fun everyone
-Eli
Eli-

Nice review- thanks! I have ordered the upgrade (some time ago) but have heard no word about it yet. Can't wait- sounds like a good improvement of a great effect.

Jim
Thanks for taking the time to write the short review, elimagic. Sounds awesome and you got me even more excited about EB2. Can't wait until mine arrives!
I got my EB 2.0 in the mail yesterday. It is WELL WORTH the investment!
Got Extreme Burn 2.0 today. In a word... AWESOME!!! Just awesome. More A+ work from Richard Sanders. More than worth the money. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.
How do the handle methods compare to Handout 500?
The Hand-Out methods were very clever and very smooth. The ads are 100% accurate. You can immediately hand out the bills. Mr. Sanders provides a variety of hand-out solutions, all of which are great. Everyone that orders this is bound to find one that fits there style. Once again, Extreme Burn 2.0 receives my highest recommendations.
I had no doubt that the reviews were going to be good. I'm hoping this arrives in the mail today. :)
You and me both Mike

Don
I am waiting for mine to arrive. I feel a bit BURNED. I could have got it from MJM magic for $4.50 less. So much for thinking the newsletter with free shipping was saving me something. :)
I would have bought from them since they are faster than getting it from Canada. I did not know that is where Sanders ships from.

So while waiting and reading the reviews, should I just use 2.0 or am I supposed to set up in v1 and then v2? Do I have to start over making something up if I do v1 first and then v2? Or is the set up of the props the same just different handling?
You can build EB1 but don't install the gimmick because you'll have to switch it for the EB2 gimmick once you receive it.

I'm not sure we should be telling people that the bills are IMMEDIATELY examinable, because that's a load of crock. You're making them think that hecklers can immediately grab the bills from your hands and examine them but that's false. It doesn't take time to make them examinable but they can't just immediately grab them out of your hands. You still have to be in control.

The gimmick leaves no impressions so it's a fantastic gimmick, the hand outs are pretty much the same concepts as Hand Out 500, the rest is a bit iffy. It was worth my money because I bought the complete package, but I'm not sure if I personally would have liked just the upgrade, other than receiving the new gimmick.
[quote]...the hand outs are pretty much the same concepts as Hand Out 500, the rest is a bit iffy.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. What do you mean by "the rest is a bit iffy" though? The rest of what?

Thanks.
I meant to write reset.
I think he meant the rest of the Extreme Burn 2.0 dvd. Personally, I thought it was great. The handout methods are conceptually the same as the Hand Out 500 techniques, but those techniques were great, plus Sanders expands on those techniques as well, so I don't see a problem. As far as the rest of the dvd goes, I really enjoyed it. Sanders goes over a variety of counting techniques, variations on changes, including a sweet new Bruce Cervon bill change, gives some great tips and suggestions on using Magazine and paper with Extreme Burn 2.0. If anything, Extreme Burn 2.0 gives us another glimpse into the ever impressive mind of Richard Sanders. His thinking is just a sight to behold. Bottom line: anyone who has Extreme Burn should upgrade to 2.0 with they want the full 'burn' experience. Trust me, it's worth it.
I've loved working with Extreme Burn, and 2.0 is a nice upgrade. The handout methods are nice, and Richard leaves no stone unturned for reset, table hopping, ways to present, etc.

The new gimmick(s) are very nice, a good improvement over the original. The overall construction and setup is virtually the same as EB, so have no worries there.

The wallet is a standard plastic/vinyl sort of wallet that you'd use to hold a packet trick. Richard covers some good ideas with the wallet, though you're not required to use it to do the change or the handouts.

If you buy the upgrade package from Richard you not only get the DVD, but also 3 gimmicks so you can make up multiple sets. Well worth the investment for me.

Kevin
Zmakingmagic I meant reset not rest, though the reason I said that I'm not sure if I would have upgraded had I already had the original EB is because the new changes don't work well with Canadian bills since there are no borders. I am limited to using changes that don't let the gimmick flop about randomly.
So it sounds like everyone is overall very happy with EB2. Can't wait to get mine!
PatrickGregoire: Yeah, sorry for the mix-up. As I was writing my response, you must have posted your correction. I guess I didn't see it in time. Also sorry to here that the new EB changes don't work quite as well with Canadian money.
Hi,

Can this be done with plastic currency?
A lot of the bill change gimmicks only work with paper.

Thanks
I would assume that it wouldn't work but it might work if you activate the gimmick manually instead of automatically like EB is designed for. You better ask Richard himself unless someone on here has already tried using plastic currency.
What is "plastic" currency?
[quote]
On 2010-02-21 12:22, MickeyPainless wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah, I must really be out of touch as to the different types of currency as I'd like to know the same thing!
Australian.
Credit cards?
Er... bills made of plastic instead of paper?

A few countries/territories are starting to use them, or already have. HK has some plastic ones in circulation. They can be even more annoying because plastic ones can have see-through portions, which kinda gives the gimmick away.
I was disappointed about the quality of the wallet. It's just a cheap plastic wallet used for card packet tricks. The DVD is great.

Patrick
EB2 is not about the wallet! The trick and the DVD are what it's all about, and they are FANTASTIC!
Well in all fairness, given the cost of what you get, I'd be surprised if it ISN'T a cheap plastic wallet.
[quote]
On 2010-02-23 21:30, cpcheng wrote:
Well in all fairness, given the cost of what you get, I'd be surprised if it ISN'T a cheap plastic wallet.
[/quote]

It is...
You are right. For this price, it just couldn't be leather... :)
Does anyone really need another wallet? My "wallets I use" vs. "wallets in drawer" ratio is pretty low.

Looking forward to getting this as version number one is fantastic.

Mike
Hello,
If anyone is a subscriber to Richards email newsletter and has ordred the upgrade, can you PM me, I have a question.

Jason
I'm a subscriber and ordered the upgrade. No EB2 yet. Sending pm. Mike :)
[quote]
On 2010-02-24 21:57, mike storz wrote:
I'm a subscriber and ordered the upgrade. No EB2 yet. Sending pm. Mike :)
[/quote]

What!? Even I got it on monday - in Germany. Does Richard responde to your e-mails?
Just got mine yesterday Mike

Don
Hi!

Mine just arrived!!! Yippee. Richard has always responded to my emails. Things just seem to ship slowly from Canada to CT. Richard mailed it when promised! Now I cannot wait to watch it.

Maybe tomorrow
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Feb 25, 2010 07:01PM)
I use the wallet version it is extremely clean. Yes the wallet is a cheap one but it so serves the purpose. Plus what would you expect a guy who pulls out a handful of one's to have for a wallet to begin with? You could always replace the plastic one for your own---but this does work nicely.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I got this today. I got mine for $24 shipped. it was $10 for shipping so technically it was just a $15 upgrade

after watching the hand out methods, I caught myself saying aloud "WTF that's awesome" and my wife was just looking at me weird.

I'm going to revisit my 3D cash gimmick and see if I can hand that out clean

3D cash extreme burn 2.0 lol
[quote]
On 2010-02-25 18:45, mike storz wrote:
Hi!

Mine just arrived!!! Yippee. Richard has always responded to my emails. Things just seem to ship slowly from Canada to CT. Richard mailed it when promised! Now I cannot wait to watch it.

[/quote]

Same for me....the package came in just yesterday. It was mailed as promised; gotta love the Canadian Postal System! :)

Time to check out the DVD.....

rochaz
Love your comment defconskylude!
BOOM!

Sorry, I had a strange urge to say that for some reason. ;)
[quote]
On 2010-02-21 12:33, gaffed wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, I must really be out of touch as to the different types of currency as I'd like to know the same thing!
[/quote]

Australia has been using plastic (actually polymer) banknotes since 1996
More info here FYI:
http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/clever/plastic_banknotes.html

It's great for everyday use (doesn't tear, rip and is waterproof) but generally not the easiest to manipulate when performing magic.
I recieved 2.0 and I think it is well worth it. Love the new handling and the hand out possibilites. I would like to ask someone a question about the construction of the new version, if they have already put theirs together.
I don't want to expose anything here so if you have put one together let me know and I would pm a question.

thanks
Norm
Is there a secret to getting hold of Richard and to ordering the upgrade? I emailed him on February 12th, 15th and 16th with a question about shipping and finally got a reply on February 16th. I then replied to him on Feb 16th and 18th with no response from him. I ordered the upgrade on February 21st and then emailed him again on Feb 28th for confirmation that he had received my money and order. Still no response. I have emailed him once again today. Hopefully one day I will hear from him and receive the upgrade. The email addresses I am using are both info@thatsimpossible.com and
info@sandersfx.com each time.
Perhaps it's in the mail. I received confirmation that my order was shipped on the 15th and I received it on the 27th (2 weeks). Depending where your located, some mail from Canada takes a while to get.

To date I have never heard that someone that ordered from Richard did not get their shipment. He has a great reputation for delivering.

-Ron
Richard is wonderful to order from and always takes care of his customers.

Chris
I received mine, made it up and watched the DVD a few times. I think it is a good value and does everything advertised. Sanders is a bit goofy at times but over all you can not go wrong compared to other dvds out there.

Although now seeing what EB 1 was compared to two, I think if you upgrade some might be disappointed.

First off the wallet method- To start,I doubt most will not use it. That plastic wallet is not common. I have NEVER EVER seen anyone use a wallet like that in ANY quality for ANYTHING BUT card tricks. Actually you do not need this wallet. The wallet is not really the method.

Also the moves is not as clean as some are saying. It is a "tell" since it is a added object. It is easy enough to learn with some practice, clever in thinking but it is fishy in appearance. My guess is Sanders was worried about the competing version and their hand out.

Yes of course, this is looking at it as a magician. I understand you can get away with it in a live setting. On TV, it just does seem suspect. So if you were going to perform on TV, it is more obvious the wallet is in play.

A prime example is that you have to use the wallet put the wallet away and then bring it back out if you want to reset to change back. This is not logical.
You do not normally remove a wallet, put it back and then retreive it again.

Again, at a busy party it might go unnoticed but I wonder if it draws too much attention just based on how you have to place the wallet.
There are two other methods provided, one that uses a different gimmick and one that does not.
The gimmicked version would require a jacket or long top and I doubt most will even try it and the non gimmicked, I feel 99% would not attempt.

To clarify something, the gimmick is the same in the way you build it as EB1. I did not see how much thicker the old one was, and maybe, if this one is superior, then the upgrade is worth it. However the effects are the same even if you want to hand the bills out.

The new way is an addition to the effect that will increase the size a little allows for the hand out version.

Forgive my ignorance. I have not performed this live yet. But EB1 seems to be clean that there would be no reason to hand out the bills and in EB1 you can hand out almost all. I had watched the demo over and over and it just looked so clean and fair that I was really not sure how it was done.
Since most will enjoy changing them back, thus needing you to dig the wallet out of the pocket, it is much cleaner to use one of the clever counts, hand out a few bills and change them back.

With that said, if you do not plan on changing back then the first version she shows with the wallet can work. this would be good if you are using all the bills to pay the check.

There are some good tips on the new section but really I would say he repeats nearly the same handling advice in EB2 with maybe one or two new ideas. So I can not agree that EB2 is all new ideas. It was annoying at times to hear the same tips in EB repeated in EB2.
I think he should have watched EB1 before taping EB2 to make sure he did not repeat information. Otherwise it seems like he is just padding the Upgrade DVD so people would not complain how short it would be with just new info.
I would say you are buying the upgrade for the two gimmicks and to learn how you could, but probably won't, hand out the bills. You are not buying it for the repeated material or expecting it to be as clean as EB basic.

The fact is, I would love to have an extra gimmick since I want to make up more than one style and I see no reason to use his additions. The effect stands well on its own.

However, I have not performed this live yet and maybe I am wrong, Maybe they ask more than I think to see ALL the bills. I am doubting this and I will stand corrected from trying it and feedback.
I have performed this and the hand-out is very clean when used properly. You DO NOT put the wallet away. Keep it on the table and as you put some money down "accidently" let a bill hit the wallet then pick up the wallet to get it out of the way. When you perform this you will see the things the audience does with the bills. But to each his own.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I must chime in as I'm a big fan. The new gimmick was a little surprising as I was thinking it was something totally different BUT who cares. EB just got stronger and I am beyond happy to have the upgrade. Switching to the new gimmick is a breeze. Took me under a minute. The DVD totally rocks and handing out the bills is killer. In a way, it is as easy if not easier than Handout 500. I love that I can do multiple switches from 1 to 20's then back to one's etc. At the end, I can now say, by the way check them out and throw all the bills on the table.

This is a winner and as with all Richards stuff it's the best IMHO.

If you don't have this do yourself a favor and get this in your wallet. You're missing out on some really fun visual magic.

Here in Canada, they are thinking of making future bills using plastic (like Australia). Ahh! EB 3.0 Richard? Extreme Burn 3.0: Plastic Money?
[quote]
On 2010-03-07 00:52, theboywonder wrote:
Here in Canada, they are thinking of making future bills using plastic (like Australia). Ahh! EB 3.0 Richard? Extreme Burn 3.0: Plastic Money?
[/quote]

Where did you hear that?
It was announced in the Federal budget this week:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/International/2010/03/05/UPI-86771267804558/

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/775858--plastic-currency-billed-as-cleaner-hard-to-forge
I appreciate on the dvd the workshop on paper and magazine clips. It gives precious advice on the setup of the gimmick in this context.
[quote]
On 2010-03-07 14:43, egoli wrote:

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/775858--plastic-currency-billed-as-cleaner-hard-to-forge
[/quote]

Wow! I was speaking to my wife, and told her about it. To my surprise she already knew about the government going with plastc money here in Canada. I really need to talk with her more. (lol) She's been to Australia a few times and explained to me what their money is like, so I'm not too worried about the plastic money keeping me from performing EB.
[quote]
On 2010-03-07 19:23, Gospel Dan wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Wow! I was speaking to my wife, and told her about it. To my surprise she already knew about the government going with plastc money here in Canada. I really need to talk with her more. (lol) She's been to Australia a few times and explained to me what their money is like, so I'm not too worried about the plastic money keeping me from performing EB.
[/quote]

I would be a bit worried, it is a lot more difficult. Not impossible by anymeans but a lot harder. so much so that ive never seen an australian magician perform EB. I performed it for a little bit but in the end it got too anoying. I just went back to a normal billswitch.
We'd still be able to perform blank pieces of paper/magazine clippings/blank cheques into cheques. Maybe even use my idea I had with Hand Out 500 and change Canadian Tire money. There's always a solution. I sure won't be dropping EB just because I can't use my money with it anymore. It's just too visual and impressive.
Well, there's an idea for a thread - effects with plastic bills. I suspect one day most of the World's currencies will be plastic (if not the dreaded credit card!)
Good job I'm a pirate, I can use "old" money without arousing suspicion!!
Potty ;)
It looks like right now it's just the $10's and $20's, so changing $5's to $50's will still be okay.

I also hear the Lonnies and Toonies are going to have a dramatic change to them as well. I was close to buying a ROY KUEPPERS Jumbo Canadian Loonie, but I will be holding off on that now.
Hey Potty. Do you use the 8 Reale coins?
Saw some molds for them down in the Keys and wondered at the possibilities.
Even when Canada changes to plastic money, I assume American currency is common enough that you could use it instead, or am I incorrect?

Regards, Steve
American money is not common enough in Canada. It could be used I suppose. I use half Kennedy's for my coin routines, and don't get questioned a lot about why I use them. I don't think anyone would suspect American money being gimmicked, and would probally work.
I guess using American currency can actually have its benefits:

1- You explain that from time to time, when you're short on money, you exchange your Canadian currency for American bills.

2- Why? Because American bills are made of a different paper with special properties. Perform your routine. You then explain that once you've transformed them, you exchange them back for Canadian bills and you've made a nice profit.

3- It would allow you to use all of the changes from the dvd's

4- It would give you an out when someone asks you to change their bills (you can't because it only works with American bills).

You could even say you were just in the States a couple days ago and you still have some American bills you haven't exchanged yet because you're going back there soon. Then go into how lucky they are to catch you with American money on you because you can show them something very special about American bills because of the special paper they are made with. Perform your routine.

Another reason for using American bills would be to mention that you make even more money doing it with American bills since their dollar is higher.

Take out some pieces of paper as you talk about how you're going to the States in a couple days and that you haven't gotten the time to go exchange your money yet. You could also mention that you don't trust them with exchanging your bills and so you like to take care of it yourself. Perform your routine.

All in all, it might be better to use American bills. Many ways to justify having them and using them. I would still prefer being able to use Canadian bills though.
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Mar 8, 2010 08:29PM)
Anyone who one this, could you give me a comparison over "Hand Out 500" please?

All I need to know, can "Extreme Burn 2.0" be immediatly hand out like "Hand Out" ?
Yes you can change the bills and immediately hand them out, exactly as in Hand Out 500. The advantage of handing out the bills with Hand Out 500 is that the gimmick is smaller therefore your angles are better.
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Mar 9, 2010 12:44AM)
[quote]
On 2010-03-08 21:35, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Yes you can change the bills and immediately hand them out, exactly as in Hand Out 500. The advantage of handing out the bills with Hand Out 500 is that the gimmick is smaller therefore your angles are better.
[/quote]

Thanks Patrick
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 12, 2010 04:31AM)
[quote]
[/quote]

Mickey, if you read the start of the thread, Australia now has plastic currency. Canada may be switching too. Supposedly it makes extreme burn much more difficult.

I bought extreme burn 2.0 from magic pro shop. WooO! Finally

I've been wanting extreme burn since before christmas last year. Heard good things about it, and I've even had people ask me "Can you turn my $1 into $100's?", now I can! Haha. So I bought 2.0. So you have to build the gimmick right, yet it comes with it? Is it hard to build? Going to do some digging here..hope it isn't too difficult
It comes with a gimmick, and you have to build the other gimmick. There are two gimmicks in EB. It`s easy to construct the gimmick.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 12, 2010 06:26PM)
[quote]
On 2010-03-12 11:15, PatrickGregoire wrote:
It comes with a gimmick, and you have to build the other gimmick. There are two gimmicks in EB. It`s easy to construct the gimmick.
[/quote]

Great! Sounds good. I have a few tricks where the gimmick takes forever to build, or you have to be extremely accurate. I've heard with the gimmick here you have to take your time to build it nice, otherwise spectators can see it. Is this true? Extreme Burn 2.0 shipped out today. I chose free shipping.
Hi Strange Tasting Fish Sticks,

You do need to take your time building the gimmick and you do need to be accurate. However, it really isn't that difficult to make (nor does it take too long). Just take your time and follow the instructions on the DVD... you'll be fine.

Regards, Steve
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 12, 2010 09:10PM)
[quote]
On 2010-03-12 21:20, yachanin wrote:
Hi Strange Tasting Fish Sticks,

You do need to take your time building the gimmick and you do need to be accurate. However, it really isn't that difficult to make (nor does it take too long). Just take your time and follow the instructions on the DVD... you'll be fine.

Regards, Steve
[/quote]

Great, I can't wait! Thanks! There's too many tricks I have where making the gimmick is a pain, I never do some of them.
It's not hard to build the gimmick, but the more time and care you put into it will result in a better outcome. Putting the gimmick together with accuracy is important. The more accurate, the better the gimmick. It's well worth it.
The gimmick is dead easy to build.

I think this is the definitive take on Pat page's effect. The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.

Chris
[quote]
On 2010-03-13 13:02, Review King wrote:
The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.
[/quote]

The Underground Change is also found in his original version. For those of you that don't know. The Underground handling makes for a great multiple bill change!
Kept up on the thread and feel 1.0 is just as good as 2.0 don't get work up about this and stick with what you have.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 15, 2010 02:35AM)
[quote]
On 2010-03-14 01:42, Douglas Lippert wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-03-13 13:02, Review King wrote:
The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.
[/quote]

The Underground Change is also found in his original version. For those of you that don't know. The Underground handling makes for a great multiple bill change!
[/quote]

I should be receiving it soon, hopefully. Can't wait. Great to hear the gimmick is easy to build. There's no bank near me, such as my bank company, I was thinking I could go to safeway or walmart and ask if they have some crisp bills. I'm assuming its best to use crisp new bills? Most likely I would get 4 $1's, and 4 5$s. How many bills are you supposed to use in EB? 4 or 5?

Thanks again
Either is OK. 5 is a bit more impressive.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Mar 15, 2010 10:14PM)
For those of you who are worried about building the gimmick---I did it. And please trust me when I tell you if I can do it so can you. I have searched high and low for someone who is, shall we say, more "gimmick building challenged" than me. As of this writing I have found noone. So I hope this helps.

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]
On 2010-03-07 23:18, liampower wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-03-07 19:23, Gospel Dan wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be a bit worried, it is a lot more difficult. Not impossible by anymeans but a lot harder. so much so that ive never seen an australian magician perform EB. I performed it for a little bit but in the end it got too anoying. I just went back to a normal billswitch.
[/quote]

I gave up on it.It's a bit problematic with our currency.
Slow Burn works really well with Aussie currency,though.
This is in my wallet ready to go at all times.The wallet also keeps the notes flat.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 16, 2010 03:27AM)
I just got this DVD today and watched the entire dvds in one sitting. I have to say, it is a lot to asborb but richard sanders out did himself again, brilliant, everything is covered and this is a spectactular DVD.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 16, 2010 04:58AM)
Great, having problems with the gimmick. Looks easy to do on video but this is a mess. Looks like I'm short one bill even though I have a total of 6 $5's and 5 $1's. The gimmick looks horrible despite me putting it together as accurate as possible. I can't even seem to build it correctly, and it is obviously shoddy. This is a nightmare. I guess I'll just stick with pontas vanish, I didn't think it would be this difficult. Seems I'm going to have to scrape the bills pretty hard, just for this to work. Sigh
Make a few with blank paper until you get it right. It will be worth it.

Chrtis
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 16, 2010 07:16PM)
Ok. I went to 3 banks looking for new crisp bills. The first bank I went to had brand new $5's. None of them had new ones. So walmart happened to have some new ones and I got those.

I attempted to assemble the gimmick again. This time I was very meticulous, and tried to do everything perfect. After about an hour, I noticed the gimmick looked very obvious. The last bill did not look like one bill, from the folds you could see it looked like several. It was very obvious. I guess I didn't do a good enough job. I'll attempt it again, but this is a real pain. I don't know what I did wrong.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 16, 2010 11:12PM)
I tried to assemble it again. Seems better this time, except there's another problem. With the other bills inside it does not look like 1 bill, I think because of the lip created. Is there a way to minimize this?

Thanks
[quote]
On 2010-03-17 00:12, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
I tried to assemble it again. Seems better this time, except there's another problem. With the other bills inside it does not look like 1 bill, I think because of the lip created. Is there a way to minimize this?

Thanks
[/quote]

I think if you take your question to the "Secret Sessions" you might get a better detailed explanation. Don't you think?
[quote]
On 2010-03-17 00:12, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:

Thanks
[/quote]

You don't really have to. There's never a time that it should, even before the handouts were invented.

You just need patience and practice with construction. I'm a horrible gimmick maker, but I still managed to pull it off somehow. It just takes practice.
I really can`t see how someone could have a problem constructing this, simply because everything is aligned. There is no estimation or anything like that. It`s literally lign up the bills and stick them together. I`m not saying this to insult anyone, I`m just really, really puzzled as to how you can construct this incorrectly.
I guess the items don't ALWAYS line up perfectly. I'm in the process of changing 5 U.S. $1 into 5 Canadian $5 bills. I didn't realize until I started doing this that U.S. dollars aren't as tall as the Canadian versions, but they are longer, so I spent an hour the other night just trimming all of them ever so slightly so that they now should line up perfectly (I haven't finished making the gimmick yet). I'll let you know how it goes!
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 17, 2010 06:05PM)
[quote]
On 2010-03-17 14:54, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I really can`t see how someone could have a problem constructing this, simply because everything is aligned. There is no estimation or anything like that. It`s literally lign up the bills and stick them together. I`m not saying this to insult anyone, I`m just really, really puzzled as to how you can construct this incorrectly.
[/quote]

I aligned it up perfectly and it still won't work. I don't know.
Well, aside from the issue I addressed, what else seems to be the problem?
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Mar 19, 2010 08:28AM)
It seems I built the gimmick correctly, it was just the nature of the effect itself using the gimmick I thought would look obvious. It works fine now
This DVD is one of the best in terms of teaching , there is nothing left out, it is simple to follow, very clear and he goes over in such detail, without boredom, the only problem with this DVD is, there are too many good options, this is simply one of the best effects I have ever purchased, this will get used, a lot.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Mar 21, 2010 05:24PM)
Dave,

I one hundred percent agree with you my friend!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Extreme Burn 2.0 upgrade package from Richard Sander's website this morning. And later this afternoon I received mail that they have shipped my package. It's been an awesome EB 1 now I'm excited to see the new EB 2.0 gimmick.

By the way, I have a concern (a bit off-topic) but this usually happens when I do EB, how do you handle the "Can I see the money?" audience? Or the "Can you use my own money" audience?
[quote]
On 2010-05-24 14:07, fritzcm wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Extreme Burn 2.0 upgrade package from Richard Sander's website this morning. And later this afternoon I received mail that they have shipped my package. It's been an awesome EB 1 now I'm excited to see the new EB 2.0 gimmick.

By the way, I have a concern (a bit off-topic) but this usually happens when I do EB, how do you handle the "Can I see the money?" audience? Or the "Can you use my own money" audience?
[/quote]

1. Yes, hand them a couple of the bills. (Besides with 2.0 you can hand out all of them anyway)
2. Yes, I charge $100 for each bill I have to change.
The idea of how to hand out the bills made the price of 2.0 upgrade well worth it to me. I do it a bit differently but use Richards basic ideas to hand out the bills. Now I hand them out or at least put them on the table for anyone to pick up should they want to....nothing to see. For me it's perfect.

I like EB as much as I do "Fraud"....it's a tie for my favorite folding money effect!

Thanks Richard!

Have a nice weekend all.....

Bk
I just got my EB 2.0 upgrade package here in Budapest, Hungary. It only took a week to ship. Richard was fast in getting it to me. He even replied to my inquiry if they received my payment.

Mario,
True. Now in 2.0 you can hand it out. This is gonna be fun. And the charging bit, that is a cool idea. And it worked, they stopped suggesting their own money. hehe!

Bobby,
I agree. The hand out part is worth the price.
Hey

How many gimmicks come with the DVD? Or is it the type of gimmick that, when you know what it is, can be made fairly easily?

Just wondering as it'd be nice to be able to have a couple of different changes, or be able to practice making.

Cheers,
Jack
Can I take apart my old EB1 gimmick, or must I start over and create a brand new one with EB2?
You could pretty much take apart the EB1 gimmick and replace it with the EB2 gimmick! I would start from scratch though assuming the bills you use look super old like mine do! Been using mine for over a year and haven't replaced it yet!
Thanks, Lou!
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 18, 2010 05:48PM)
This is still blowing people away! I have such a blast with this and now carry it with me almost all the time.

Good magic to all,

Eric
How hard is it?
[quote]
On 2010-11-22 11:57, AmateurTom wrote:
How hard is it?
[/quote]

On a scale of 1-10. 1
[quote]
On 2010-11-22 12:19, M Sini wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-11-22 11:57, AmateurTom wrote:
How hard is it?
[/quote]

On a scale of 1-10. 1
[/quote]

That's a stretch.

If you want to do it well and hand the bills out, I'd say it's about a 4. Without handing them out I'd say it's a 3.
Just got this yesterday. Very impressive method. Takes a bit of practice to get the handling just right, and wasn't very easy to make the gimmick, but well worth it.
Making the gimmick isn't really difficult, but the fact that the only instructions are on DVD makes it a little tougher than it should be, at least IMO. If you are lining up a bill and suddenly wonder if you are putting it exactly where you should you can't just look down at a piece of paper but instead you must find that spot on the DVD and re-watch it. I personally think that a short written instruction - best would be a printable PDF file - with illustrations or photos would completely eliminate any concerns folks have about making the gimmick.

Just a note: What I do in cases like this where I would like something written to refer to, I watch the DVD on my computer using the VLC viewer and pause and take snapshots of all the sections I think I might need. Then I print out those photos 8 to a page and use that as a written instruction/diagrams.

Jim
Got the "upgrade" disc yesterday. Well worth it for the new ideas, new gimmicks and nuances. I think I'll stick with another wallet, but that's ok!
The DVD with this effect is so thorough, it leaves no stone unturned IMO. Still haven't thoroughly absorbed all of the content yet.
I know the feeling, Mal3! I have some DVDs by Richard that I still haven't watched completely yet!

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-09-03 06:35, J-Mac wrote:
I know the feeling, Mal3! I have some DVDs by Richard that I still haven't watched completely yet!

Jim
[/quote]

The great thing about them IMO is that, the effects are learned pretty quickly and then the rest of the DVD is like a huge reference library that can be returned to in order to fine tune the effect, as well as offering multiple handlings etc.
For anyone interested I have found Argentinian pesos work extremely well with US currency. They provide a great Colorado change.
Oops I meant color change (pesky spell checker). Although that does sound like a sleight lol.
This is a great effect and 2.0 really polishes this to perfection IMO. My issue is that it seems like it is not complete as an effect. What I mean is that people get emotionally involved in the money and then, just as soon as the trick starts, it is over. This is not a knock against the effect itself at all. The effect does what it claims to do. My question is this: what do you do to pad this effect? What would you add before or after it to make it more of a bill routine and not just a WHAM-BAM money change thing?
Magic Mike from Gainesville has a BRILLIANT presentation for this that is a bit more of a routine. It's still fast but there's a bit more to it.

I'll see if I can get him to spill the beans about it. He may want to keep it for himself, though.
Adding a interessting story or patter.
I used EB while paying in stores.Changing blank money into real cash "I hide my money so that my girlfriend doesn't spend it,oh I guess I need to uncloak it -taddaaa"
They always double check the money if its real when they take it. Hehe.
Well, here's what I do. Paper to money...
Ya know, we're (USA) not doing to well these days, economy-wise. In fact, the other day there was a financial expert on TV who pointed out that many investments these days - stocks, bonds, etc. are not worth the PAPER they are printed on. This really upset me... not because I've invested a lot in stocks and bonds, but paper... (display blank sheets). Of course, these aren't made of regular paper, in fact, the guy who sold them to me said that this is actually the paper they use to print money... these particular papers are worth... (follow through with count, transform to bills).

That's how I do it, and it works pretty well. Hope it makes sense.
I don't leave home without it - do it all the time - 1's to 20's.
Thanks Calvin. That sounds like a gripping performance. People most certainly get emotionally involved in finances and money. I would be interested to hear Magic Mike's presentation of the effect, Cameron. What I am ultimately getting at here is not mere patter but what tricks do you fine gentlemen think would go well with this effect to keep money in play and move on from the effect so it does not just end with a few quick changes. The changes are amazing, that is a fact, but what could be done after the change(s) to keep the momentum so there is not such an abrupt end? I am weary of some performers approaching this effect, and many others, as a "look what I can do...WHAM (money change)" and then it is all over sort of effect. This can seem as if the only point of the effect is to "MELT the brain of those watching." and then move onto the next victim/spectator. That method of performing can come off as mildly, or obviously, narcissistic and hard for some sectors to appreciate. Again, I am not saying there is ANY problem with this effect or Richard Sanders. I am just trying to hone what can be done with this incredible change and deepen my knowledge of performing.
[quote]
On 2011-09-17 02:10, saysold1 wrote:
I don't leave home without it - do it all the time - 1's to 20's.
[/quote]

In these hard economic times in the US, I might switch to 20's to 1's instead! ;)

Jim
Cameron Francis wrote:

[quote]Magic Mike from Gainesville has a BRILLIANT presentation for this that is a bit more of a routine. It's still fast but there's a bit more to it.

I'll see if I can get him to spill the beans about it. He may want to keep it for himself, though. [/quote]

Wow, Thank You Cameron.

For you I will spill the beans:

Make the gimmick as per instructions except one set of bills is ordinary One's and the other set is One's that look like they have been burned. They each have two or three holes burned through them about the size of a quarter and black burn marks all over them. (Leave the edges alone though)

One of the bills will have a fake hole because it contains the solid part of the gimmick (you know what I mean if you have extreme burn). You just burn a hole in the bill but glue a piece of another bill under it to hide the gimmick. It still looks like there is a hole in one bill sitting on top of another bill.

I created the holes by using a hole punch to make the initial hole and then using a lighter to burn the hole larger and just put it out with my fingers when it got to the right size (Use a damp cloth if you are concerned about getting burned. I didn't get burned in the least but I'm comfortable with fire).

Now load the gimmick into your fire wallet. I use one from Tora that I actually use as my everyday wallet. It looks perfectly normal inside and hold credit cards etc.

The Routine:

I read in the paper that there have been a lot of pick pockets in the area lately. Well I'm ready for them. I rigged up my wallet so that if anyone opens it they are in for a surprise (FLAMES).

(Reaching into wallet, removing burned bills) - The only problem is...it isn't very good for my money. Look all the bills are burned on both sides 1,2,3,4,5. (showing burned bills) If I want to spend the money I have to use a little hypnosis. I just say "Look at these new bills, I just got them from the bank," 1,2,3,4,5 (Showing new looking bills).

In order to re-set the trick I usually do a little joke at this point about wanting to have money to burn as I turn them back. It's not my favorite joke but I really need an excuse to reset.

One great thing about this routine is that the set up costs considerably less than most extreme burn routines. I'd be surprised if no one ever thought of this since the trick is called Extreme Burn but I haven't seen any one do it and no one I've showed it to has.

When the chagne occurs it looks really amazing because unlike all the other routines the bills don't change into different bills, they "Heal" visually.

One problem that I mentioned to Cameron is that people are SO impressed with fire that it takes some effort to get them to pay attention to the actual routine. Sometimes right in the middle of these amazing changes someone says "Do that fire thing again". This is becoming less of a problem now that I realize it and put a little more energy into my presentation to let them know something even more amazing is about to happen.

If any one goes to the trouble of making this up please email me and let me know about it. Also I would be happy to answer any more questions about how I made my gimmicks. I'd love to see someone else's burned bills and compare.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Sep 27, 2011 11:25PM)
Mike that is to date the most interesting routine I have ever heard using EB. Thank you so much for the tip. BTW I would add to the patter "The only problem with hypnosis is it only lasts a short while" while the bills are changed back.

Thank you again Mike.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Thanks for the compliment and line Eric. Would love to hear other tweaks to my routine.

One more important tip that I learned too late. When you make up the burned bills be sure that the burn holes don't line up. If they line up, the jagged edges catch as you try to count them. I had to redo two of the bills with the holes in different spots and then put them every other bill so that they counted smoothly.
Mike, that is a very creative and magical routine. Clearly a few minutes of bang, bang, bang, right between the eyes, hard hitting magic. Very, very nice. That is the kind of opener that says, hey, this guy is a real magician so sit back and enjoy and don't bother trying to figure this out because this is pure magical entertainment.

I have never seen you perform this, but just reading it is impressive. I can easily visualize the effect in my head.

Nice job!

Todd
Like it Mike!
I had an idea years ago that used all ones,but it was simply showing the bills with counterfeit stamped largeand bold on"all"the bills under the guise of avoiding theft and then the stamponthe bills would vanish and the end,i would "activate" the counterfeit bills againg and thus re setting.

Yours having burnt holes in the bills rules out theories of special ink,even though funny ink is not used,as well as the nice restortation aspect.

Thanks for sharing,
Steve
I think the combo of the fire wallet and the burnt bills is great. Even if you don't use a fire wallet, you could certainly find a way to justify the burnt bills.
Cameron is right. You could just use a joke like "I've been spending money like it's burning a hole in my pocket".

Another idea would be to just make tattered bills that look like they were burried in the ground for a long time.

Someone asked me to post pictures of my bills. I'll see what I can do.
Mike,

This is a great idea and I am very grateful that you shared this. I like the idea of "healing" the bills combined with hypnosis. I am begging to think of methods that could end the routine with the burn bills being handed out for inspection. Although I do not think it is essential for any reason, it would be a crazy thing for a spectator to inspect something and question "what I hypnotized? were the bills actually changed? or both?!"
Richard Sanders shows several methods on his Extreme Burn 2.0 video to hand out the bills. As a restaurant performer this slows the routine down tremendously. I do hold one or two burned bills out and let people put their fingers through the holes which seems to satisfy them.

I'm thinking of making another set up with burned ones and regular twenties. I would do the routine as described above and then put the burned bills momentarily back in the wallet, then as a last minute thought pull them out again (really the new set) and say something like "Sometimes I think, as long as I'm using hypnosis why not REALLY change the bills - Have you seen the new Twenty's? aren't they beautiful?" (Change to Twenties). "Of course I would NEVER do that, wink wink (Changing them back)

Steve, your idea of writing COUNTERFEIT on one set of bills is a good one. I think I saw Doc Eason do something similar but he used yellow stickers. I could be remembering wrong.
[quote]
On 2011-09-28 16:20, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I'm thinking of making another set up with burned ones and regular twenties. I would do the routine as described above and then put the burned bills momentarily back in the wallet, then as a last minute thought pull them out again (really the new set) and say something like "Sometimes I think, as long as I'm using hypnosis why not REALLY change the bills - Have you seen the new Twenty's? aren't they beautiful?" (Change to Twenties). "Of course I would NEVER do that, wink wink (Changing them back)

[/quote]

Hi Mike,
I have spent the day playing around with just turning the burned ones into hundreds. I'm not sure it would sell, but I'm thinking of showing the fire, then showing the burned bills and commenting on the issues I have with a wallet that burns them from time to time.

I would then talk about restoring the bills, but since it requires magic anyway, why not restore them as hundreds?

I'm not sure this would go over well, but if I decide it will, I will only need to burn a couple of holes in one half of the vital component. (I already burned holes in some ones to try this out.)

I appreciate your sharing this idea. I know my working would cost more, but I already have it set up. I'm just not sure it would impress more than restoring the ones.

Sammy
Magic Mike!
that's just great!
I used to change paper to money because i´m from germany and our Euro bills are not perfect for EB.
But with your presentation,instead of changing the money into a higher domination make the bills heal themself would
work great!Because I can use the same domination which will work without any problems with the EB method.
Now I just need to get a new fire wallet again (sold my last one years ago because was not very reliable while igniting the wallet)
Don´t you mind if I use your presentation? :)
Greetings from germany!
Cosmic secret,

Anyone is welcome to use this idea and routine. I would get a real kick out of it if people would PM me and let me know how it is working for them.

I've had a few people tell me I should market this but I don't see how I could. It really needs a flash bill change like Richard Sanders Extreme Burn. It wouldn't be as effective if you used Pat Page's Easy Money (which I believe is the origin of all this).

Maybe I'll get a few other ideas togethor and put out a booklet with a few pictures and more detail but honestly I'm sure you guys can come up with even better looking burned bills than mine.

It would be cool if Richard Sanders heard about this and pulled all the remaining copies of Extreme Burn and added this as a new chapter. (yeah, right).
This is an excellent routine for Extreme Burn, Mike! And amazingly generous of you to share it here. I appreciate the post and thank you very much for it!

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-09-28 20:01, cosmicsecret wrote:
Magic Mike!
that's just great!
I used to change paper to money because i´m from germany and our Euro bills are not perfect for EB.
But with your presentation,instead of changing the money into a higher domination make the bills heal themself would
work great!Because I can use the same domination which will work without any problems with the EB method.
Now I just need to get a new fire wallet again (sold my last one years ago because was not very reliable while igniting the wallet)
Don´t you mind if I use your presentation? :)
Greetings from germany!
[/quote]

Hi,

I too have EB 2.0 and live in the UK where bills are different sizes. I love Magic Mike's routine (Congratulations on a fantastic idea and many thanks for sharing!!). My only concern is our lowest denomination is £5 so I'd have to set fire and put holes in £25 cash and that's providing I get them all right first time. I'll probably end up doing it but it just doesn't feel right :) I know peeps in the US change $1 to $100 commiting over $500 to the trick but this could be dismantled and spent if needed. Suppose £25 is a small price to pay for such a good effect...I better do it when the Mrs is at work or she pass out if she saw me burning money haha!

AA
In the US you can always take your cash to the bank a get a new one as long as there is at least half a bill and they can read a serial number. At least that is my understanding. I took a couple of bills back that I had experimented on and was all ready with an explanation but they didn't bat an eye and changed them for undamaged bills.

So check your local laws and you might want to avoid burning away the serial numbers.

Anyone have better info on this?
Mike, my understanding with banks is the same as yours, though I haven't tried to cash any in.
I finished setting this up today, and am playing around with it. Did it for some ladies my wife had over for lunch and they were amazed.

On the special bill I just burned two holes in the half that isn't in play. Seems to work very well, and doesn't require glueing an extra piece. A bonus is that the special bill retains more char in the hole. It is just more stable.

Sammy
Mike, a really great idea, one I will use, thank you so much for sharing,
so much has been said about the routine, it is very magical, and so much fun to do,

Dave
I have been using to burned ones to healed ones for a few weeks now (with a fire wallet).
It gets a great reaction as well as a laugh!

I also want to commend Mike on his great idea. It certainly cuts down on the amount of cash I have to carry!

Sammy
I wish to thank Magic Mike for his contribution of his adaptation on EB, if you scroll back a bit you may will see his entire post, Briefly , he uses a fire wallet and burned bills that change to new un burned bills, I loved the idea and took the time to make it up , and I must say it is awesome, a ton of fun to watch as people are jumping back, and when I remove the burned bills, still smoking thanks to another new effect, “Smoke”, they step back in to get a closer look, then for the finale, I use the gravity change as I feel it is almost like not touching the bills at all and they change to new , un-burned bills, well people just react like crazy, it is so much fun to do, but more fun to watch,
During one showing of the effect, upon removing the burned bills, and as they were smoking, I yelped as if was burning my fingers, and I purposely dropped one bill, and I asked a guy to pick it up, he said “No Way”, that was it for me, I was hooked.
Thanks to Magic Mike
DAve,

The idea of using "Smoke" to make the bills appear to be still smoking is awesome. I'm going to get out my DVD and look at The Gravity Change and try it.

Imagining your presentation in my head gave me another idea. If some one wanted to do a "message" kind of routine you could talk about how some people think money is evil (Fire) but it's not really the money it's how you choose to use it. (Restored).
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!
[quote]
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!
[/quote]

It's tricky. Today I just went to the bank to get newer bills towns it work better, lol.
Whoops to make it work better...
Bats,

It really is simple! And new bills work much better than old IMO. Actually I think that Richard recommends newer bills on the DVD - haven't watched it in a while!

Like any effect you must work at it to get it to flow nicely, though to be honest I had it up and working very quickly. However it took a while before I could do it smoothly and without any hesitation or jerkiness. (Is that a word?!)

One thing to check is that you have the order of things correct. Can't say too much on that here but I am talking about the specific location of the offset one. (Do you get that?)

Jim
I ordered this the other day finally. Looking forward to it!
You'll love it, sirbrad. I held off on getting it for a while too, but now it is one of my favorite effects to perform. It's fantastically visual, angle-proof, casual, practical, portable, and magical.
I love EB and do it all the time.
This is a beautiful effect. everything that pops out of richards mind is brilliant
and a worker. its just normal to invest some time to get it perfect. but it doesent
take to much to achieve a smooth change.

I had problems to get other bills with the same size of bills as in switzerland. finally
I found a currency that works just perfect. old turkish currency, very cheap over ebay.

I also use paper strips, news paper pieces or lottery tickets as well.
The very nature of bills folded in half in a stack causes the inner bills to protrude more than the outermost bill. Add to this the special requirement for EB's get ready, and you have lots of flashing potential. This is a really big deal in any country where the bills are different colors. I solved this a long time ago with EB1:

I trim my bills.

Not much. Less than a milimeter, but this keeps them from being spotted during either phase of the trick. This built in recess makes the get ready really easy too, since the key bill is flush rather than protruding.
Good tip. But I have to say, I use "newer" bills, but not "new" and have never had one glitch with EB. I purchased EB2 just to keep up, but have never seen a reason to change. This effect just stuns people. Keep with it Bats, sounds like your are doing something a little different, perhaps. I will tell you that I switched to a larger piece of what would almost be very thin desk protector or a thicker iphone screen protector and got a much better result, if that is not too cyphered...

Jim
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
what are the best notes to use (lowest denomination)
Thanks
I'm TOO dumb to do it!! :(
[quote]
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:
[/quote]

Bats,
Just keep playing with it, and store the bills in your wallet even when you aren't performing it. It takes some time for a new gaff setup to cooperate properly. Be patient. It will come together for you.

I have performed this many hundreds of times, and you will find success.

Sammy
[quote]
On 2012-02-28 17:27, reignofsound wrote:
...I live in the UK. What are the best notes to use. Thanks
[/quote]

You can use any bill to any bill. But 2 rules. Must be the same size, and paper is better than plastic.
[quote]
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
Thanks
[/quote]
You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck
What currency / method do UK use?
I can't decide what to do.
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 08:49, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
[quote]
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
Thanks
[/quote]
You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck

It's such a shame that U.k currency is different sizes as the Dollar changes look so good! I've had EB2.0 for ages but haven't put a gimmick together yet due to not liking the look of magazine clipping, but I really like your Cheque idea!
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.
[quote]
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.
[/quote]

Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA
[quote]
On 2012-03-11 09:55, *double-A-magic* wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
[/quote]

Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA
[/quote]

Hi,
Yes - the lottery ticket slips to pick your numbers. Sorry about that!
You can use just about anything that you can trim to the same size as the bills that will be produced. I have one dollar bills to twenties (USD). I also bought a few Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar notes - yes, they really did issue those! - and I change them to $2 biils (USD). The Zimbabwe notes were smaller so I copied them - both sides - and increased the size to match the $2 bills. Works fine. Also, any store coupons that are laid out in landscape; again, I copy & resize the images. A while back in this thread or another on EB2 someone was sending a PDF of lottery tickets that were resized to match US currency. You could make any type of papers change to any other as long as you can resize the former to match the latter. Come on..... You're magicians!!! Be creative! Effects won't always be a perfect fit for your personal use. Sometimes you just have to use your head and make something that matches your own presentation stule and fits in with the rest of your magic.

Jim
Can this be used in conjunction with Sanders' Powerball 60 - whereby the tickets can be changed into currency? For the record, the powerball 50 tickets are made out of cardboard as opposed to flimsy paper.

Thanks

Mach
Not unless you can find currency that is as narrow as the tickets (which are much narrower than US currency).
Please can some1 message me what the gimmick was in eb normal because I have eb 2 and it is quite annoying because I don't have any rubber cement but my supplier is willing to lend some to me.
Has anyone in Canada performed this with the new polymer bills? As seen in the linked image below, they have a transparent strip that runs the full height of the bill. I love the look of this trick, it's amazingly visual, but I have the feeling this new currency is going to totally blow it.
I tried with 20's and 50's. Nope, doesn't work very well. I had resorted to using Canadian Tire money, but just wasn't the same. I only use it now when doing a gospel effect using tracts that look like million dollar bills from WOTM. I turn pieces of paper with different sins on them into the tract bills, and then hand some of them out.

Even though they might not work with some of the Canadian currency, there are several other ways to use the gimmick that I believe make EB still worth owning.
Thanks for the reply Danny. If I get some old bills, I suppose I can do a routine talking about why they had to phase out the old currency (for security reasons) and how you can't do that with the newer bills.
Magic Mike! Amazing idea and I really thank you for that ;)
I didn't buy so far EB or anything like that for the problem that someone talked about... euros, lowest denomination, etc etc...
but now I'd like to use it.
Thanks again
[quote]
On 2013-04-01 13:23, Danny Kazam wrote:
I tried with 20's and 50's. Nope, doesn't work very well. I had resorted to using Canadian Tire money, but just wasn't the same. I only use it now when doing a gospel effect using tracts that look like million dollar bills from WOTM. I turn pieces of paper with different sins on them into the tract bills, and then hand some of them out.

Even though they might not work with some of the Canadian currency, there are several other ways to use the gimmick that I believe make EB still worth owning.
[/quote]

Works 100% beautifully with 20's - I use it all the time that way, for the past 3 years - just need to find some newer bills from your local bank (1's and 20's in my case).

This is one of the cleanest and best effects I own - and always gets great reactions.

Your mileage (like Danny's) may vary.
I was referring to the new Canadian polymer bills just recently put into circulation a year ago. All our Canadian currency is changing over from paper to polymer. It has always worked great with our old currency.
I hate the new Cdn bills. They all have a see-through window now, so I can hide anything...tricks like extreme burn and nightshades don't really work anymore.
Hi Magic KL,

Perhaps you could develop some patter around the idea that you were recently in the U.S. and have some bills left over from your visit. In that way, it would make sense that you show U.S. bills and could still perform Extreme Burn.

Regards, Steve
There are several alternatives, but nothing beats being able to use your own country's currency.
Oops, I meant to say "I can't" in my comment.

Thanks for the great idea, Steve.

Danny, I guess you hate the new bills, too. It would be nice for them to consult with us magicians first before they bring out the new design!! Wishful thinking~
2.0 is a Cool Box deal!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2120
Does this work with Australian plastic money?
Do you guys use the handout method? Or do you just hold on to the bills after the change?
So hands up if your first attempt to make this was a disaster? :D

Luckily my first attempt was with magazine cuttings and canadian tire $0.05 bills.

I brought over some copydex (from the uk) which everyone seems to suggest over and above rubber cement. However the copydex seems to 'bunch up' when drying ad seems quick thick (even when applied in a thin layer...which I know doesn't quite make sense, but users of copydex might know what I'm getting at).

any canadians out there who have put this together using local supplies?
Rubber Cement is definitely the way to go. I grew up with Copydex, hate the stuff! I had to pick apart my first attempt, but nailed it with the second go.
I used an ordinary glue stick and it worked fine,i just could not get the knack of doing the trick,lol,in my draw now dismantled,when done right it does look an awesome visual.
Such a shame though, Fire Starter. There's something about changing scraps of paper into £100 in twenty quid notes that really gets people, y'know?

It's still a tidy amount of cash, so I think the effect appeals to us on a venal level.
[quote]On Mar 26, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
Such a shame though, Fire Starter. There's something about changing scraps of paper into £100 in twenty quid notes that really gets people, y'know?

It's still a tidy amount of cash, so I think the effect appeals to us on a venal level. [/quote]

Yes you are right there mate,plus all them twenty quid notes in my hand I just end up spending them as well,lol, I do something similar with dollar bills,can not remember what the effect is called now.
Best brand of rubber cement to use?
Most I suspect use Elmers because of availability which works well.

I have also used the type of cement used for fixing punctures in tires - Xtra-Seal Chemical Vulcanizing Cement. It is a little thinner when it dries and also works well. But it is a little bit more expensive
Can someone advise what the preferred choice is now with UK money as the lottery slips are a bit wider and longer than £20 notes

Barry
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, BaryBazz wrote:
Can someone advise what the preferred choice is now with UK money as the lottery slips are a bit wider and longer than £20 notes

Barry [/quote]
I use £10 notes and they look and work great with UK lotto tickets
I find the narrower the notes the easier it is to cover all the angles.

You can do this with £20 notes but I find I have to be more careful with the displays due to the width.

I actually use Dollar bills which are nice and narrow which means I can cover everything very well.
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
I find the narrower the notes the easier it is to cover all the angles.

You can do this with £20 notes but I find I have to be more careful with the displays due to the width.

I actually use Dollar bills which are nice and narrow which means I can cover everything very well. [/quote]

Ok thanks Mark

Barry [/quote]

Here is a good source of UK Lottery Tickets, created in both £20 and £10 sizes, Watch the video in the link for more details:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/tyvek-lottery-tickets?search=extreme%20burn

Dave, who runs the site, is a working magician and a really nice guy.
My favorite trick with money! thanks to Richard Sanders
[quote]On Oct 6, 2015, Nelix wrote:

Barry [/quote]

Here is a good source of UK Lottery Tickets, created in both £20 and £10 sizes, Watch the video in the link for more details:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/tyvek-lottery-tickets?search=extreme%20burn

Dave, who runs the site, is a working magician and a really nice guy. [/quote]

I brought the £10 hand drawn versions of these notes and they are really, really good - worked perfectly with EB. I actually want to get the lotto tickets as well at some point to use with £20 notes since I have a pretty good idea for patter where lottery tickets are used.