(Close Window)
Topic: Thought Paths... REVISITED, a review-ish thing.
I was doing a home party last night, demonstrations and readings.
It was three straight hours and by the end of the evening I was exhausted.
Feeling great-- but very tired.

I don't know how many of you have been in the situation of having to give a series of readings to many people in a row, but in addition to whatever psychical work you've got to do there are a lot of very practical considerations. Cookie cutter readings will NOT cut it. You rely on your intuition and imagination, at least I do, and I sincerely want to give somebody an awesome and unique experience.

Easy for one... a little tougher after five or six and palms or cards are starting to blur together. Which is absolutely why you need an oracle or system you can trust... something that will get you through the long haul. And something that will grow with you the more you use it.

I started playing with Thought Paths several months ago, I'm pretty sure I posted some general positive comments about it here someplace. I'm not going to say that Thought-Paths is the only oracle I use, but I use it regularly and, last night, used Thought-Paths at some point in every reading to make sure everybody got their own personal message when they left my table.

I find there's a lot of confusion on the boards as to what Readings or Reading systems are. I think there's a lot of suspicion too. Maybe because people don't know what they should expect.

Reading are, for me, an entertaining way for a performer to talk with other people about what is important to them. An oracle or a reading system is a way to help you do that. Lots of performers use 'faux-readings'as a presentational ploy. "You're an Aries and would be drawn to a red card!" etc. etc. Which is fine... but that not what most real Readings are about or for.

I love palm readings, and tarot cards, and tossing chicken bones on the ground and enjoy trying to make connections with people. It's okay if you're not interested in that sort of thing.

But if you are curious... and would like to introduce yourself to a terrific tool that is easy to learn, that will grow with you the more you use it-- and sure there's scripts to use if you want-- but it will give you something even better-- a method to connect with your imagination and intuition and provide you with an entertaining way to talk with another person about what is important to them.

It's also important to know what this isn't-- this isn't a list of cold reading points that you will use to give the illusion that you are 'someone who knows'! You will not find the latest version of the scar on a knee. I suppose you could use this to help you reveal a card but I think that would be like swatting a fly with a pancake. This is for giving readings.

Thought Path is terrific... use it by itself-- or as I like to do-- in conjunction with other systems.

You can pick it up at http://www.lulu.com I believe.
Thanks dmoses!

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/thought-paths/17144452 is where you can find it, and its 25% off right now...(any other discounts you can find work in conjunction with it too I believe)

I think some people think its purely for numerology - but its not, and I realise thought-paths is a little different most reading systems too....i cover cartomancy in a slightly surreal way too, there's a full on reading there as a demo of what you can do (and then explained HOW you do it), and this is one of those 'naked' techniques, that can be used mixed in with something or nothing! as in, you can mix it in with the tarot if you wished to, or someone's birthday during a reveal in a mentalism presentation...

if you know someone's PIN, you can even talk about how they view and handle their money...

with only a tiny bit of information, you can go from there and build and build into bigger things...there's some straightforward rules to remember, and that's it...away you go...

and I even include a gallery at the back for you to practice with...
It's funny... I was so hung up on how I use it I forgot to mention the actual contents of the book!

And there were a lot of other things I wanted to mention as well-- about how great this is if you happen to use numerology or a traditional Thought Dial or Lo Shu square

Even the design of the book lends itself to make the system easy to remember and learn.

And I suggested I wouldn't use it to reveal a card-- but since I wrote that I remembered several ways that I have used it to do that very thing! I'm a dope.

Thanks again Iain.
I use it everytime I give a card reading. There is no higher praise. Thought-Paths is a worker.
Cheers john...

I've decided to now offer 25% off all the reading systems I've released, TESSARULA, AEIOU and thought-paths...(and a couple of other books too)...

you can combine all three systems into one big reading system too...one each easily supports the other...
This is a very cool system.

It's simplicity will allow you to add it to your arsenal very quickly.

I particularly enjoyed the Walking or Swimming part. What's important about [url=http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/thought-paths/17144452?productTrackingContext=product_view/recently_viewed/left/1]Thought Paths [/url]is that it makes number readings charming instead of scientific.

Plus, you are armed with a system that you can use anytime with no props. That makes this a very powerful skill/technique to have at your disposal whenever needed.
Thanks fellas, the sale/discount will continue til the end of March/beginnning of April...then that'll be it... glad you're all getting something out of it...mix 'n match, additions/psychic plug-ins, that's how I see these kinds of things...

and its useful that its "naked", so that means propless and easy to add organically to whatever else you are doing/using...

thanks again...
I can add that I was very impressed (maybe it was the Guinness?) when Iain read me at a certain pub in Jan. showing me Thought Paths.
And after read the book, well! The book is very nice and very suggestive, and the pages very thick in meaning -an evocative language with many layers to be discovered.

Don't think 'numerology', it's a completely different thing, very original.
Two things make it really special. One is the idea of reading forms or symbols -fantastic.

The other that of acknowledging -better, suggesting- that people, when understood the system, dig for their personal meanings. Sometimes this is not easy; sometimes not really possible. Here, it is possible and also easy, and fun to do.

Chances are, you will use it as a seminal part of what you do. In a word: 'excellent'.
You've convinced me. Order going on. BTW, I believe there is an additional discount available from Lulu if the order is placed by Wednesday(today).
The extra Lulu discount code is SPACIOUS305.
Yeah.... DT3 and Danyel both put it nicely... It's definitely Reading from the Right Side of the Brain... which is where it should come from I think

d
Nice little book. I like the use of shape and form with the numbers. It makes more sense than basic numerology. I like this and will be using it.
Thank you mr. aligator...much appreciated, glad you're going to be using it...
I'm mainly doing this for my own use/collection...but...

in a month or so, I'll be producing a mini-compendium of AEIOU, thought-paths, and TessaRula (the ticket reading system) all in the one nice small book...apart from a new cover, and maybe just a couple of small essays, nothing else will change...but it'll all be together in a 150 or so pages, all in one nice looking book...

if there's any interest, I'll make it available...but if not, then I'll just print enough for me and a couple of friends...

current book sale finishes at the end of this month by the way...
Iain, please let me know when it is for sale.

Tony
I will do tony...

the sale currently running, finishes this sunday...
Picked up some of Iain's stuff before the sale ends. Great deal and even better since the coupon MARBOOKS12 will save you another 20% on the order until midnight March 31st. So go to it!
Iain,

Very interested in the volume! AEIOU transformed my entire perspective and I'm currently working through Thought Paths. Very interested.

-AH
Thanks everyone...

last day of the sale today...

and the compendium will have a couple of essays, a couple of alternative uses for AEIOU and thought-paths, and a routine using the TESSARULA (from PROFEIGN originally, but also released as a stand-alone)...
Iain, for those of us who may have the works in the compendium already will there be a way to purchase the supplemental material?

Thanks
Yeah, shouldnt be a problem, I will just have to write up the additions in such a way that doesn't reveal the info in aeiou and thought-paths...so I may just reference each section via page number...

so yes - you could get the complete compendium, or just get the additions (but it will only be a physical book(let) either way...).
Curse you dunford. Add me to the list of those after your 150 page opus. That's too good to miss!
Ok...discounts over with...

with the caveat that:

MANNerisms is reduced by 10% for the next month cos I have such a soft spot for it
games people play and beautiful lie are 25% off for the next month as I may retire them sometime this year...we'll see.

AEIOU, thought-paths and TESSARULA are back up to full price...

thanks for all the kind words and support - very much appreciated...

I'll post up a sneak peak at the cover art for the compendium maybe next week...
:(
I tried to order this and one other book through lulu for the past week and I can't.
They won't let me order and they won't answer my e-mails.

Oh well, I'll get it at full price when my account starts working again.
Well, once you do seadog - drop me a pm and I'll give you a bonus for missing out on the discount...
Right - sent away for a test copy...here's the thing though...

I want it (from an artistic standpoint) to fit in with the same format as AEIOU and thought-paths
when I released TESSARULA as a stand alone, because its a slim thing, Lulu doesn't publish in that same format unless its 40 or more pages...so TESSARULA is a different size...
this compendium (AEIOU, thought-paths and TESSARULA is the same size as the original AEIOU and TP...
the new stuff added into the compendium is this:
hororscopes
ticket-tarot via AEIOU and TP
two routines
couple of mini rants/essays

now, I want to be fair to all of those that have been kind enough to have bought my work already, so...i'm about 10 pages short to release the new extra bits in the same size format...so, would you guys be ok with just a half dozen pages or so for "notes"? its not going to cost you any extra...but I don't want to add stuff just to make up the page numbers...

so we have:
compendium - AEIOU, TP, T-R, plus new stuff in a new section called FAMILIARS, the same book format as the original AEIOU and TP
stand alone booklet - only containing FAMILIARS, roughly 30 pages of new content with some blank pages for your notes (you'll see why you may need notes after you read it) also in that same format

what I could do, is do a third option and release Tessarula with Familiars too..if a couple of people are interested, I'll do it...

I don't do pre-orders cos that gets messy, but I'll do a price-drop/first month special price kinda thing...hope that sounds fair enough...
I think the Notes idea is great. Looking forward to the release!

-AH
Sounds good. Look forward to ordering it when it is available!
Looking forward to it also Iain.

Dr Rob.
Ah...the beauty of test-prints... one major typsetting error and the colour of the cover needs to be ramped up a bit...

and, I think as its near 200 pages, I may up the font size just a little, otherwise I could well induce headaches...

I was a bit iffy about sharing the tarot thing, so I sent it off for others to comment on, and thankfully it was not deemed sacrilegious...
Hi Iain,

Any update on the compendium?

Regards,
-AH
Hi...

yeah, I decided to scrap the old layouts - so I've now completely reformatted the compendium, designed new covers and sent off for test prints...should get them by the end of this week hopefully...then I'll have a look through and check it...

then its deciding on a price...the new stuff is in the compendium and done as a stand alone(nearly 60 pages of extra/fresh content)...
Ok, the test print is back and lovely...

http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/compendium-corpus/paperback/product-20115442.html

217 pages for those that care about such things (same size as most of my other booklets):
AEIOU - vowel reading system (reviewed on here in a couple of places, and on marketplace of the mind, got into Jheff's best of 2011 list)
THOUGHT-PATHS - number reading system (reviewed on here in a couple of places, and on marketplace of the mind, got into Jheff's best of 2011 list)
TESSARULA - using special tickets (cost around 3) plus mentalism applications (from a bigger booklet called PROFEIGN, which was reviewed on here in a couple of places, and on marketplace of the mind, got into Jheff's best of 2011 list)

and then over 40 extra pages of stuff, a couple of mentalism presentations using these systems, a new major arcana and a few other bits and pieces...

for the first month, its 36 quid...then it'll go up to its full price. this is like a discount kinda deal

hopefully tomorrow, the stand alone booklet will be available, which will be the new extra stuff...but without the system explanations...PLEASE do not buy this stand alone if you've not read (at least) EITHER AEIOU or Thought-paths...cos it won't make any sense...

and for those that have bought my systems already, this stand alone (called FAMILIARS) will be made available very cheaply as a thank you for supporting my work...

that's it...any questions...gimme a shout...
Sounds incredible Iain, I have been saving to purchase all of your reading materials for a while but keep putting them off due to financial issues related to getting started performing and doing readings professionally. Keep my copy safe and hopefully soon I can scrape together the money to further my learning!

-Jake
Hey jake...

the compendium stays at the discounted price for a month mate...so I'm sure there'll be a discount code flying around soon too, so you can save some more money that way...

and! for those that enjoyed any of the systems, here's this: http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/familiars/paperback/product-20108316.html

which is nearly 60 pages of new stuff (thats also in the compendium) - but I didn't want to just offer that, without trying to give supporters of my work something different too..so this is the standalone FAMILIARS, same content, but at a reduced price - cos you'll definitely need to understand AEIOU and/or thought-paths to use this.
There you go Jake...just got an email to pop to lulu.com and you get an individual code to use...so hopefully yours is a 20% discount like mine is...
It is indeed Iain! Thank you for mentioning it on here, I have some of my own pendulum pitch books to order too so I can make back everything I pay quick. I will be sure to post up some thoughts as soon as I get my copy, but I think based on what I have read about your work it won't really be needed my friend :)

-Jake
Happy with any feedback...good bad indifferent...as long as its constructive... Lulu is excellent pitch book creation isn't it...
Anyone know of any current Lulu general discounts?

I drive by the Lulu building in Morrisville every day on the way to work. Maybe I should stop by and ask them for a discount!

Ok, bad idea...

Other than that, anyone have any suggestions for Lulu discounts?

Thanks!
I think if google yields nothing - then I think jon thompson has just posted up a discount thingy in the naked mentalism thread in this section...
So I got home last night and to my surprise, there is a package from Lulu was sitting on my doorstep WAYYY ahead of schedule. I popped it open and there staring me in the face was my very own copy of Corpus, I just got this last night and have slowly, but sure digesting everything in it, so here are some initial thoughts.
The first thing I want to congratulate Iain on is his writing style, it kept me very entertained which is something that can be rare sometimes on our lovely art. Bottom line is Iain is a funny guy with an interesting sense of humor, so parental discretion is advised :P
The book opens with AEIOU which is a really interesting, yet simple reading system that can easily be changed up and put into many many different things outside of readings which is pretty much what Iain covers along with multiple examples. I am pretty sure if you knew this system alone, you could do a full paid personal reading covering different aspects of how the sitter is in different perspectives without the old stereotype of Barnum statements. I really liked the information presented so far, AEIOU is a great, simple and versitile little reading system the can be used on it's own or alongside other systems.
So before I begin, let me say for some reason I have been having a lot of trouble with learning numerology. I don't know if it is because I have a severe dislike for numbers and math or my Mnemonics are just crap, but this system makes sense to me. I don't want to give anything away, but this is another easy and effective reading system that is shockingly versitile. Iain is quite the artist I have realized in reading this magnum opus, this is really an intuitive system that feels almost poetic, as it should because there are plenty of poetry pieces throughout the book that spurred some of the thoughts that lead to this mutant hybrid baby of a system. I will be using this system, it's simple, it's sleek and it feels like what I would expect a psychic reading to actually do in their mind.
Tessarula, what a name, it sound's expensive, complicated and for some reason reminds me of the word trephine, but this is a nifty little simple system too. I will be honest, this particular system wasn't one I could see myself using though I am not saying it is not workable by any means! Basicly this is a nice little piece that can really advertise yourself if you use if well. Cool little idea, who knows maybe as I digest it more I will see it as something I would use.
So this is the end, Familiars. Iain started off this chapter with a very interesting story that honestly many personal readers should read, it basicly illustrates that readers should be careful on what they choose to say as well as his view on ethics in readings. The other essays and rants are some valuable tips and stresses on ethics, great words of wisdom as well as some cool tips to use with the systems I just read!
Overall this was a great little buy and it will be having a special place on the bookshelf with my material I often refernce. Thank you Iain and keep writing my friend!

-Jake
Thanks very much Jake - very pleased you enjoyed the experience...let me know how you get on using it "out there"...

and I'm with you on the numerology thing, I genuinely don't use it - so that was why I developed thought-paths...and glad you got the idea of it so quickly too...

please remember they can all mix 'n match, and are built to be fluid and give you enough scope to use it as you need to...mentalism reveals, readings and even down to WHY they might have chosen a word from a book...and I do enjoy reading Brand names, just for my own amusement...

so thank you again Jake - really happy you liked it so much...thank you for your time and review too...
No problem Iain, I only speak the truth and honestly I used some of thought paths tonight for some readings to test it out with some people I randomly met and it went over great then eventually lead into me doing some pain reduction on a guy's leg using hypnosis. This is a powerful little tool to add to your arsenal, you can easily and effectively use it alone to give powerful demonstrations without your Imp pad, swami or even a pad to write on (though I like to have one to let the paths flow better). Be real, be intuitive and to paraphrase Iain from one of his essays, don't be an arse!

-Jake
I do enjoy using the whole walking through the forest way of delivering a reading that's in thought-paths, the seasons is a nice gentle way of gaining some insight into how they see things...

glad its working out for you...
A week left until CORPUS goes full-price...