(Close Window)
Topic: Excellent Oil & Water
Hi all, I don't know if anyone has posted this before because I'm not very active on this board. And I insist to share this because this video contains the best oil & water I've ever seen! (I've been doing magic for 6 years)

http://youtu.be/wEmGGV6E_4M

I don't know Japanese but I understand the two magicians in the video were "competing" (or sharing) their ideas on O&W.

Please enjoy!

Kened
Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it!

Cheers,
y.
That was very good. thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing. Really nice moves and handling!
That was very good...
Looks very nice.

Another imo great Oil & Water developed by Anthony Owen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQPUMCRALY
[quote]
On 2012-03-23 15:39, Nikki78 wrote:
Looks very nice.

Another imo great Oil & Water developed by Anthony Owen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQPUMCRALY
[/quote]

I don't know this version and I am completely fooled. Great !
Anthony Owen's Ultimate Oil and Water is most definitely deserved of the title "Ultimate"

And Sebastien Clergue's addition to the original routine makes it even better!
The last one was ok, but the first one was pretty much everything I dislike in Oil and water routines. If you really did what you were supposed to do then you shoudnt be counting cards back and forth and doing constant displacements. Oil and water in my mind is effect that should be done almost as test conditions. Apparently there should be no moves and as little as possible any sort of extra handling. It should appear that it just happens by itself. Anthony Owen's one achieves this goal perfectly for example.

Juha-Matti
Excellent video. Thanks!
Larry Jennings did an oil and water that was just about bulletproof. (Not easy though) The routine is structured to make it appear as though there are no moves whatsoever.
Magic Juggler

Do you know if Larry's routine is in one of his books?

Gene
Larry had a few routines. If you are talking about the one called More Oil, More Water, it is in The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings and on at least one DVD as well.

I perform 3 routines. In order of frequency, least to most often Roy Walton's Oil and Queens, 3 phases of Rene Lavand's masterpiece, but most often, one of my favorite routines of ANY type is Michael Skinner's Oil and Water Rides Again. I mention it all the time and really can't recall hearing anyone else say they do it. No gaffs, 3 phases and on the 3rd phase, all the cards change to one color.
The one I'm reffering to was featured in his Thoughts on Cards video, it wasn't in the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings I'm not sure of it's name, but I've studied that book more than almost any other magic book and it definately wasn't there. Maybe someone else may chime in with the published (print) source.
This completely fooled me :) I also like the style, it seems very casual. Somehow I think I should dive into this whole type of effect!

Thanks for sharing ^^
I like "Oil and Water" routines and with the right patter can be most impressive to the layman. However, there is sometimes the danger of being a bit unclear as to where they are going, and why. But then this can be true of any card trick. However, for a really good (and quick)routine I can thoroughly recommend Rus Andrews' "Oil Slick" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftf6wHKvYgo
It plays just as you see it on the video. The cards can be taken from any pack and no gaffs are used.

Brian
One card displacement and Elmsley Count is used in Peter Kane's 'Red Oil - Blue Water' in his "Another Card Session with Peter Kane"(1971). Only difference with 'Oil Slick' is the displacement method.

Hideo Kato