(Close Window)
Topic: Another Dr. Barnowsky House Call - "Magica Analytica"
I got a chance recently to look through Café member, Dr. Larry Barnowsky's latest book on magic, [b]Magica Analytica[/b] and he continues to knock the ball right out the park there from his home in Cooperstown, NY. FIrst and foremost, the guy is a formidable magician in his own right, not to mention a very successful physician, and in his spare time he creates some amazing magic, and on top of all that finds the time to author book after book in our craft. He's done about 4-5 books to date and his new one, [b]Magica Analytica[/b] continues his high level of magical contribution.

Larry is a really smart guy and superb coin magician, but he actually is good at all forms of magic, closeup and stage, and has concentrated on writing books toward that. Most cleverly, he is known as Count Elmsley and his latest contributions lie in yet another part of magic, that of mathematics with cards, marbles, rings, numbers, and there's even a stellar coin effect thrown in there called "Wire Transfer." Thanks Larry. ;)

There are nearly 20 tricks covered in the book, all with splendid explanation and photos that rival the best takes in the business. This is such a good read and I'm sure you'll find a lot of great things in this new offering. What makes Larry's books so good is that it truly is a life's love for him. He grew up with it, passed down from his grandfather, and has been mesmerized by it since he was a boy. Amidst all the important things in his life, magic has a place there too. We are lucky to have such smart sharing of mind from a guy that has taken it seriously and keeps it fun all at the same time.

When you get this book, check out effects like "Rings of Alexandria,"Match Point," "The Arch of Sunz,i" and "The 27 Trick" to see the type of top-flite thinking going on here. Remarkable stuff! Of course, theres great magic all through the book, along with tidbits from Larry's life that has led him to this very day in magic. Just a wonderful piece of work (From truly a Good Doctor that happens to also be a Great Magician) that belongs on everyone's magic book shelf.
Highly Recommended! :)

http://www.barnowskymagic.com

-Mb
I just finished reading Magica Analytica cover to cover and I am impressed by the originality and ingenuity of the effects explained. The book itself is a very high quality production with glossy pages studded with step by step sharp color photographs. As in his other books, Larry has stayed with the same successful format of Effect, Skills Needed, Props Needed, Setup (if any), Explanation and Script, and Discussion (at the end). Most of the effects are rated one diamond on a scale of one to three. Nearly all moves are explained except for common ones like a DL or double cut. Many of the effects are self-working and rely on some pretty terrific mathematics that make the tricks work. The magician can do these effects without knowing how they work. Larry explains the math in the discussion section for those who want to know how and why it works.

There are two nonmathematical card effects that are truly outstanding. The first effect in the book called The Capture of the Jackson Mob and this is a wonderful story trick which is fairly easy to perform (one diamond) and builds to a very strong climax. Later in the book is Duel of the Experts which is a two diamond effect. The moves are clearly taught and easy to learn. This is a contest between two card mechanics each showing off their prowess. Very visual and magical moments in this routine. The only sleight that you may not be familiar with is the Kaufman Radical Change from Card Magic. This is taught in detail as if you were seeing a video frame by frame. This is one of those great routines to open up with. I will be adding it to my set.

I already own the Rings of Alexandria apparatus. It is explained in detail in the book with some extra information not in the original instructions. Larry even gives you plans on how to build your own. The effect seems impossible to the spectator where the device appears to know how many cards they randomly placed in their pocket and the total of the values of those cards. You can do the effect without the apparatus using a crib which is provided in the book.

A similar effect using the Arch of Sunzi apparatus will allow you to perform a similar effect but in this case you tell them how many cards are in both pockets. The apparatus can be easily made but I opted to buy it from his website since I am a klutz when it comes to crafts. You can also use a crib for this one. The math behind these two effects comes from Number theory and I had math in college but never heard of this stuff. This will blow them away.

Eulers Force is going to be very popular. The math that makes this work is from Topology. That's in the field of math that explains how the Afghan Bands work etc. This effect is totally new. Card is selected and lost in the deck. Unforced number of points (dots) are selected and placed anywhere on a paper or easel the spectator wants. Lines are drawn connecting them (there are many ways of doing this) in an unforced manner. The spectator counts cards for each point, line, and space created. That leads him precisely to his card. I can see someone doing this with jumbo cards and a large drawing pad on an easel on stage or TV.

The 27 Trick uses a very cool object called an Enneagram. You can see part of it in the cover art. This is an easy card location effect with no card handling or sleights using the hidden math in this mystical object. They think of a number between 1 and 16 and then apply it to the enneagram. The spectator will likely want to use a calculator like one in a smart phone. Works every time and no setup.

Picassos Pick a Card Trick is one where a smart phone calculator should be used. They pick a card freely. You ask them to think of any number from 10 to 999 and perform some basic calculations. They cube the number (Picasso, Cubism, get it?) and perform some basic arithmetic on the answer. That number helps them find their card. This is new.

In the cover art there is a magic square from a famous print by Durer. The square adds up to 34. This effect, Durers Prediction is amazing. Cards are cut. Spectator takes one half and cuts it. Cards are dealt in pairs from the top but placed back to back. A total of four pairs are dealt this way. The spectator then is asked to flip over any two pairs freely. He repeats this twice more. The values of the cards are added and match the magic square in the print.

I love Evenhanded Deception. No setup. Spectator is given a prediction to hold. Deck is shuffled and cut. Cards are mixed face up into face down and then riffle shuffled by spectator. Cards are dealt into four piles and riffle shuffled again until there are two piles. Spectator is asked to reverse some cards (no force) in the packets while the magicians back is turned. Cards are spread showing them well mixed and placed on the table. Prediction is opened which states the exact number of face up and face down cards. A stunner and very easy to do.

Overall I really have been enjoying this book and learning some cool math has been bonus. I only touched on a small portion of the book. I highly recommend it. You will use the material in this book.

BJ
Could someone describe the effect that uses the Arch of Sunzi?

KJ
Hi KJ,

Briefly, a deck is shuffled and the spectator cuts the cards freely. He takes half of the deck and places it in his left pocket. He deals the remainder of the deck into an equal number of piles and any leftover cards are added to the left pocket. He then takes the deck and deals equal number of piles (5 in this case) and places any leftover ones on the table. The rest are placed into the RIGHT pocket. This can all be done with the magician's back turned. The magican turns around and either using the Arch of Sunzi device (or another easy method discussed in the book) tells the spectator how many cards are in each pocket. No setup, normal cards, no force. Works 100% of the time. The hidden mathematics makes it work.

Larry :readingbook:
Larry,

Thanks for the description. I really liked the Arch of Sunzi, and the effect you described sounds good. I think I'll pick up the book. Thanks again.

KJ
For those who want a special deal on ALL my books, click THE WORKS on the main webpage
www.barnowskymagic.com

:snowman:
For those who want a special deal on ALL my books, click THE WORKS on the main webpage
www.barnowskymagic.com

:snowman:
KJ, I have the Arch of Sunzi and although you can perform the trick without it, using it greatly adds to the presentation and overall mysterious effect. As suggested in the book, I started using it with Tarot cards and the spectators (especially the women) really respond and buy into the storyline. I enjoy performing it because even though I know how it works, every time I perform it amazes me. No card handling, peeking or forces. You could any regular deck. A truly self working effect.

I am enjoying Magica Analytica. The plots and methods are very original. The best effects IMO in the book are Capture of the Jackson Mob, Misplacing the Aces, Evenhanded Deception, Rings of Alexandria, Arch of Sunzi, Eulers Force, Awe-Sum Force, Duel of the Experts, and Picasso's Pick a Card Tick.

The carefully written text and color photos with helpful annotations and arrows makes learning the tricks a breeze.

Paul
This is the best magic book I've read this year. Very original concepts and effects. Euler's force is so clever. That could have been sold as a one trick DVD for more than I paid for the book. I can see using that principle for objects other than cards. Another effect I really like is arch of Sunzi. I bought the prop that goes with it but this can be done with nothing other than a deck of cards and the cards can be borrowed. There is a superb card routine called Duel of the Experts which doesn't use any math at all. Well explained and helpful summary of the sequence of moves at the end. Great prediction effects throughout the book with new methods that mentalists will likely utilize . Gorgeous color photos.

David
I might add, FYI, that the first edition is limited to 150 copies.
I was just interviewed by a couple of local papers regarding my new book. Magica Analytica. It made the front page of the actual newspaper. Below is the link for the most recent article.

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/on-the-bright-side-bassett-physician-releases-book-of-original/article_fe7b6799-80ea-50f5-8e1a-a58f462ae045.html

:xmastree: :snowman:
Just did some effects from Magica Analytica at a Christmas show for co-workers. Audience included several PhDs in science fields and engineering. Opened with a magic square effect and followed that with Eulers Force and then Arch of Sunzi. Finished with borrowed ring to nest of boxes. After the show I got more compliments about the Euler Force effect than anything else.

BJ
Thanks BJ for the feedback. Euler's Force is quite diabolical but because of the math it's self-working.

I still have some copies of Magica Analytica in stock and I just built 5 more Arch of Sunzi Props.

For Magic Café members: If you order Magica Analytica and Arch of Sunzi, you'll receive a free 48 inch Velvet rope (choose red or white) and a 3 1/2 inch Nickel Plated Ring + Priority Shipping in USA or First Class International at significant discount for everything:

For further info [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magiccafespecial3.html]click here[/url]

When is Magica Analytica II coming out? Any previews of the contents? Any special props like Arch of Sunzi?

David
I am currently writing Magica Analytica II. Half of the book has been written. I don’t have a publication date firm yet but my target is the Fall of this year. The book will be in full color and spiral bound similar to Magica Analytica. Unique mathematical principles concealed in the background are utilized to create baffling self-working magic effects.

Here are the first nine chapter titles and some previews:

Downsizing the Deck
Game of Thrones
Triangulation
Spring Loaded Deck
Drawing a Blank II
Too Tired To Deal
Still Too Tired To Deal
Sphere of Influence
Without Undue Influence

In “Sphere of Influence”, the spectator freely choses a number from 1-16. The spectator drops a ball bearing which tumbles through a 3D maze eventually falling into a tray with 16 numbered slots. The ball lands into the slot that is labeled with the spectator’s chosen number. Functions like an analog computer with no moving parts or electronics. Plans and schematics for the apparatus are included in the book. A limited number of these will be made for sale by special order.

In “Triangulation”, a card is selected with a freely chosen number. Using that number, points are placed on a pad within a square, and lines are freely drawn forming triangles. The number of triangles is counted and that number is used to count cards from the deck leading to the spectator’s thought of card.

In “Too Tired To Deal”, with the magician’s back turned, the spectator shuffles the deck himself and places any number of cards in his pocket. The rest of the cards are dealt into piles and placed face up or face down depending on whether there are leftover cards. Magician is able to know how many cards in the pocket and how many cards are face up on the table still covered by the spectator’s hands. Somewhat like Arch of Sunzi, but does not use the Chinese Remainder Theorem but something very different.

In “Without Undue Influence”, a thought of number is used to choose a card. The card’s suit and value help the spectator find the card. You never need to know the number and in fact you don’t know the card until the spectator finds it.

:stircoffee:
I recently received my book purchase of Counting on Deception, Magica Analytica, and Kingdom of the Red. I am an amateur magic book collector. I was attracted to Larry's books because of the mathematical principles behind many of his tricks. I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics, but now practice radiology full time.
The books are beautifully produced. There is a large variety of creative and original tricks based on clever methods and mathematical concepts. Many effects can be performed without difficult sleights. Instructions are clear and concise. Many supplementary photographs aid in the understanding of the instructions.
I look forward to many more enjoyable hours of reading and learning new tricks.
Thanks PVinh1 for that post.
I still have some copies of Magica Analytica left.

Here's an update on Magica Analytica II:

The 20 chapters of text, artwork, and diagrams are complete. Original mathematically inspired effects with cards, numbers, dice, coins, silks, game boards etc.

The next step is taking about 100 color photos for the book.
After that, lots of editing and proofing. Hope to have this in print by the Fall.

These are the chapter titles:

1. Downsizing the Deck
2. Game of Thrones
3. Triangulation
4. Spring Loaded Deck
5. Drawing a Blank II
6. Too Tired To Deal
7. Still Too Tired To Deal
8. Sphere of Influence
9. Without Undue Influence
10. Make a Difference
11. Coins of Heptagonia
12. Coins of Heptagonia II
13. Casting Away
14. 3D Aces
15. The Magic Maze
16. Guessing Game
17. It Must Be Magic
18. Magician vs Mathematician
19. The Prime Directive
20. Topsy Turvy Cards

Magica Analytica II has been completed. All text, color photos, color
diagrams and graphics, and color cover art are finished. Now, the laborious task of proofing the text begins.
Since my last post, I added one additional chapter, The Clock of Alexander, which could have been sold as a stand alone effect for more than the price of the book.

Format and construction will be similar to Magica Analytica I with #80 weight glossy pages and coil bound. Book is 112 pages long. I have some remaining copies of Magica Analytica I in stock.

Most effects are self-working based on well hidden mathematical principles. A few require some basic card skills (control a card etc.)

Book should be available early Fall 2015 or late summer.

Below is the updated Table of Contents:

1. Downsizing the Deck
2. A Game of Thrones
3. Triangulation
4. Spring Loaded Deck
5. Drawing a Blank II
6. Too Tired To Deal
7. Still Too Tired To Deal
8. Sphere of Influence
9. Without Undue Influence
10. Make a Difference
11. Coins of Heptagonia
12. Coins of Heptagonia II
13. Casting Away
14. 3D Aces
15. The Magic Maze
16. Guessing Game
17. It Must Be Magic
18. Magician vs Mathematician
19. The Prime Directive
20. Topsy Turvy Cards
21. The Clock of Alexander

Larry
An original card/apparatus effect I mentioned previously called The Clock of Alexander (which will be in Magica Analytica II) is now available for purchase. This is a limited edition and I will be shipping units by mid-July. Check out my banner for it in the Workers Pick a Card Forum. For photo and more information go to: [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/ClockofAlexander.html]The Clock of Alexander[/url]

UPDATE:

Magica Analytica II goes to the printer Friday August 28
116 pages in color coil bound.
Final price not set yet but probably under $35 depending on final printing costs.

UPDATE:
Magica Analytica will sell for $32 + shipping.
Currently taking pre-orders. Expect to ship books in second half of September
Only 150 numbered copies will be printed

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/MagicaAnalyticaTWO.html

[img]http://barnowskymagic.com/cover-7-final-copy-web.jpg[/img]
Just received the bound proof of Magica Analytica II.
Everything looks perfect including the color photos and diagrams.

My printer will ship books to me next week.
I should have them on or before Sept. 21 and will begin to fill all preorders immediately.

If you want a few laughs, go to my [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com]website[/url] and check out The Magic Pirate promo video

Larry :pirate:
The shipment from my printer arrived today!!!

Will package all preorders and any new orders this weekend and ship Monday Sept. 21.
:bigdance:

Larry :pirate:
WOW!!! Didn't know this string was still active but sure glad it is, as the good Doctor here has prescribed a NEW second part to this amazing work, [b]Magica Analytica II[/b]. I have had the pleasure to also see the inside of this package as well, and it is everywhere as brilliant as the brilliant mind that produced it. :)

This is what you get from a doctor that loves magic and happens to be a keen mathematician as well…I don't know what the square root of all of this is, but at the center of it all is a man that just keeps on thinking up interesting magic with cards, coins, game boards, numbers, dice, handkerchiefs, etc. It's uncanny that anyone can have all of this in their head and can make it sparkle at their finger tips.

This is very smart stuff and each of the 20 or so effects proves it, and there's something in there for everyone, even a coin guy like me. :D Though I'll tellya, his [b]Topsy Turvy Cards[/b] is a keeper for anyone enjoying the pasteboards…A really neat trick I'll be running on people for sure. ;) But there's lots more…

A few that caught my eye are:

-[b]Guessing Game[/b], an interesting dice trick.

-[b]Sphere of Influence[/b], a prop delight.

-[b]Magician vs. Mathematician[/b], this is a really nice silk trick to carry around with you.

*Oh, and did I mention that he's included his mysterious, [b]Clock of Alexander[/b]? It looks like stage magic made for closeup.

And that's just a few. I'm still curling up at night in bed with all the rest. :) Just a fabulous read from a wonderful guy and magic writer that IMHO deserves critical review and recognition in the magic media out there. The book is chock full of Larry's magical thinking, musing, wit & wisdom, not to mention a bevy of beautifully rendered color photographs of everything he thoughtfully explains. Just beautiful work!

Often times, it's hard to score a bull eye again on something that was great out the gate, as was his original, "Magica Analytica" but this extends the high quality well enough, showing a continuing consistency of genuine ideas and excellence.

Like the first take, [b]Magica Analytica II[/b] should also be on any well-stocked magic shelf...And so again here, I even more highly recommend it! :)
I’ve been a big fan of Dr. Barnowsky’s books since his first one 21st Century Coin Mechanics. This newest book which is his sixth is extraordinary in the variety of original magical plots and effects. Most of the effects are self-working and the rest require basic sleights and handling all of which is explained in detail. The step by step instruction with sharp annotated color photographs makes learning a breeze. The suggested patter provided is much more than the usual narration of actions. There are very clever plots. There are 21 effects. Here are a few of my favorites.

Where he came up with effects like Triangulation I have no idea. After a spectator thinks of a card at his chosen number in the deck he fills in a square with that number of dots. Then connects the dots making as many triangles as possible. He counts the number of triangles he created and counts down that number in the deck leading his to his selected card. No setup and this could be repeated with different numbers.

Too Tired to Deal is a masterpiece combining hidden mathematics and spectator dealing. In short, with your back turned you have the spectator cut the cards and place the larger half in his pocket. He deals cards into piles in two rows some faceup and some facedown and removes most of them hiding them in his hands. When you turn around a few cards remain on the table. You then tell the spectator exactly how many cards are in his pocket and how many cards are faceup in his hands. It works 100% of the time. No setup. There is another version called Still Too Tired To Deal which is even more amazing but requires a mem deck.

Make a Difference uses a small setup but is a killer effect. With your back turned you have the spectator divide the deck and place cards in three different pockets. You turn around and announce the number in each pocket.

The Coins of Heptagonia uses a 4x4 table similar to a magic square. Using pennies and nickels the spectator places any amount up to 7 cents in each of the first two squares and then fills in the rest using a simple rule. He then places all squares equaling 7 in his right pocket, and the rest of the coins in his left pocket. Magician turns around and tells the spectator how much money is in each pocket. No setup or calculations. This is a mindblower and so easy to do thanks to the math.

Triangulating the Aces combines a unique math principle with some basic card handling. The four aces are lost in the deck. The spectator picks any 2 digit number and using a calculator arrives at three different numbers in a very fair process. Those numbers allow the magician to find the missing four aces.

Guessing Game is one of three board type games in the book. Spectator chooses freely one of four suits. Then he shakes blue and white dice yielding two numbers. Those numbers are used to move a pawn on the gameboard arriving at a number. The number arrived at and the suit chosen combine to form a card. This matches the prediction in an envelope that the spectator was given. Very easy to do but seems impossible.

It Must Be Magic was the first effect from this book that I have performed and love it. Three predictions are set aside. The deck is cut and fairly shuffled faceup into facedown. About half given to spectator and magician. The number of cards faceup in the spectator’s hand is correctly predicted. This is repeated two more times with different correct predictions each time. No setup. Can even be done with less than 52 cards.

The Prime Directive as you might guess uses prime numbers. The spectator thinks of any prime number. To help him with that you provide a list of the first 500 primes. Using a calculator he, squares that number, subtracts 1, and then divides by 3. That large number is reduced by adding the individual digits until you have a single digit, say 9. That number is used to find four of a kind and in that case you find the four nines in a very magical way.

A couple of non-math type effects are included. My favorite is Topsy-Turvy Cards. Only basic card handling needed. Essentially four queens are placed in a card box facedown and the box turned over yet the queens are all still facedown. This is repeated a second time and finally the effect is done with the whole deck with a surprise finish. Card box is not gimmicked. You will enjoy performing this.

The Clock of Alexander is a truly unique effect which combines hidden math with a gameboard. Card is selected and returned. Cards are dealt into nine piles. The gameboard which rests vertically on a wooden pedestal is shown which resembles a clock with numbers 1-9 around the circumference and more numbers along paths in the interior. As the spectator concentrates on the clock a small crystal ball appears. He freely choses a number and moves a magnetic pawn around the clock and through the interior paths. He lands on a number. Using that number he picks up the piles corresponding to his number and deals cards eliminating them until he has one left which is revealed to be his originally selected card. They will never figure this one out.

Magica Analytica II is a welcome continuation of original mathematically based effects which started with Magica Analytica. You will fool spectators and magicians with these clever effects. Fortunately, you do not have to be good at math to perform these effects. Older books that have math type trick usually don’t explain why and how these work. In the Magica Analytica books explanations are provided in the discussion section for those who want to know.

I highly recommend this book for any magician who wants original easy to learn and perform entertaining material. As usual with Dr. Barnowsky’s books, the production quality is top notch.

BJ
WOW! Where does he come up with these effects? This one blew me away. Too Tired To Deal works with any deck and no setup. With your back turned your spectator cuts the cards and places the larger half in his pocket. He deals the rest face up and face down in a very fair way resulting in two rows of mixed cards and removes the bottom row concealing them in his hands. The magician turns around and correctly tells the spectator how many cards in his pocket and how many face down cards between his hands. No force, easy to do and could be repeated with different result each time.

For those who want some effects without cards you must learn Coins of Heptagonia. A four by four grid is drawn on paper. The spectator is given a handful of pennies and nickels to use as markers like tokens on a Bingo card. The spectator freely chooses numbers for the first two squares of 16 and using simple addition generates new numbers to fill in the grid. All the coins in any square totaling 7 are placed in one pocket and the rest in the other pocket. Magician turns around and correctly tells how much change is in each pocket.

Fantastic magic with unique board games like Clock of Alexander, The Magic Maze, and Guessing Game are ingenious and the math behind it is cleverly concealed.

The Sphere of Influence is an apparatus type effect that you may want to build. A ball bearing is dropped through a 3D maze and lands eventually on the spot corresponding to the one (of 16) word the spectator chose. Totally mathematical. You may not build this but you will enjoy learning the secret as how this could possibly work.

There’s even a non math card trick called Topsy Turvy Cards which is one of the best effects in the book.

I really like the business themed patter with Downsizing the Deck. Very easy to perform and the spectator handles the cards.

Overall, great book of original magic, beautifully illustrated with color photos and clear instructions. Most effects very easy to learn. Any moves needed well explained.

David
This book has a large variety of very unique magic creations. The methodology is mostly but not exclusively mathematical. I particularly like Too Tired To Deal which is one of those effects that even though you know how it works, you smile inside as if you just witnessed real magic happening. There are effects here with methods you will not find in the works of Martin Gardner, Persi Diaconis, or Bob Hummer etc.
I love Downsizing the Deck which is totally impromptu and the spectator does almost all the work as you watch the magic happen with him.
The Clock of Alexander and Guessing Game are brilliant ideas and will fool anyone.
Outstanding work which is a welcome addition to the first Magica Analytica book.
Like the prior book, this has well written clear instructions accompanied by bright color photos with helpful annotations.

Paul
SEE NEW CONTEST at end of post.

Thanks for those comments.
A little news: I've written the first six chapters of my seventh book (untitled so far). It will likely be in the same format as the Magica Analytica books, in color, glossy paper, and coil bound. Unlike the prior two, this book will NOT consist predominantly of mathematically based effects.

So far in the first six chapters there are complete scripted routines with cards, balls, coins, and a baseball cap. I may include a DVD with it. No definite publication date yet but I am working toward Fall 2016.

My working title is Magica Practica.

Maybe someone can suggest some other possible titles. :light:

And the best suggestion will get a prize. :gift:

The winning submission will receive 4 Dollar-size antique Chinese coins like those in the center of the photo.

[img]http://www.barnowskymagic.com/45mm-coins-web.jpg[/img]

The winning submission may or may not be used as the actual title.

Enter as many times as you wish, and you can offer more than one title in a given post.

How about Magica Eclectica indicating a variety of different magic effects?

BJ
How about Major Arcana.

Mike
How about Magica Miracula or Magica Magnifica
When does the contest end?

David
Contest ends March 15.
Some are sending their entries via PM. Better to do it by posting.

Writing ch 12 which is a new version of the Time Tunnel.

Larry :spinningcoin:
Contest ends midnight Tuesday March 15
More than one submission allowed.

Sneak peek at new Time Tunnel effect:
https://www.facebook.com/barnowskymagic

Larry
Missed the deadline.

I was thinking of Magica Pragmatica
And the winner is Peckham :dancing:

for his entry

Major Arcana

Thanks for all who entered by posts or PM.
Peckham will receive a set of 4 dollar-size Chinese Coins as pictured in a prior post.

The title of the new book may or may not use the winning entry. We're still working on that.

12 chapters completed in the new book so I'm about 2/3 complete.
The new wooden Time Tunnel effect prototype is complete and will be selling very limited numbers of these. They are very time consuming to make:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=612351#5
https://www.facebook.com/barnowskymagic/?fref=photo

That Time Tunnel kit on your FB page looks a real beaut Larry!
Just updated the Facebook page. First 4 units shipped and 4 left in stock. Don't know when I'll make another run of these. They are very time consuming to make.
New photo below of Time Tunnel with all coins and new small custom wood chest to hold props.

[img]http://barnowskymagic.com/Timetunnelchestweb.jpg[/img]

Larry
Two Time Tunnel sets left in stock.

For some customer reviews go to:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=612351#27

Update: 17 chapters completed for new book (untitled so far)

Larry
19 chapters done
Book almost complete
2nd run of Time Tunnels with 3 left. :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin:
Two Time Tunnels remain in stock.
Here's a video I posted on Youtube with me performing The Amazing Time Tunnel.

https://youtu.be/vWA0ZHxFoUY

[img]http://www.barnowskymagic.com/sitebuilder/images/Time_Tunnel-600x400.jpg[/img]

Larry
The third and last run of Time Tunnel sets is complete with just three (#18-20) left in stock:

[img]http://barnowskymagic.com/TimeTunnel3.jpg[/img]
Folks, get it while you are able, great routine/ effect.
Many thanks for that post.

Two Time Tunnel sets left in stock.

For a limited time, I have a special offer on Magica Analytica I and II.

Both books for $52 which is a 20% savings.

For more info on ordering [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Specialoffer.html]click here and go to bottom of the new webpage[/url]
Making a few more Time Tunnels which should be ready mid July for shipping for those did not get one of the first 20.
You can preorder and reserve one.
www.barnowskymagic.com
New book almost done. 23 chapters with over 300 color photos.

I have 4 time tunnel sets ready to ship. No more planned.

Here's a preview of the new book:

It's entitled Magica III Gems from the Repertoire.
It will be in full color with 315 color photos and approx. 130 pages similar in format to Magica Analytica I and II.

All effects are original and never released (except for New Time Tunnel previously released as a separate effect). Some of the 23 chapters include effects from my current repertoire never published before including Hat Trick, Revisible Balls, Three Coin Quickie, Rescue Me, You Must be Joking, New Time Tunnel, Aces in Unexpected Places, Let's Make a Deal, and Magician vs Card Mechanic. All moves explained in step-by-step detail. A mixture of easy to do effects and some intermediate skill effects.

There are effects with cards, coins, bills, rings, sponge balls, solid balls, and unique apparatus you can make.

Expected publish date end of October 2016.

[img]http://barnowskymagic.com/Magica3-8-8-web.jpg[/img]
Hi Larry, can I pre order the book?
Thanks for your interest in the new book.

I am not taking any payment for the book until I actually send the manuscript to the printer.

I will accept orders to reserve the book since only 150 numbered copies are being printed.
To reserve a copy, just email me at barnowsky1@aol.com, and I will send you the order link as soon as I have sent off the files to the printer. Anticipated price is $35 per copy.

Meanwhile you can go to [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magica3.html]this page[/url] and view the table of contents and some additional info about the book.

There are truly gems in this book. [b]Hat Trick and Revisible Balls[/b] are alone worth the price of the book

The new book looks great. I emailed you for a reserved copy. Loved Magica Analytica I and II. Thanks for your wonderful contributions to our art.

David
The text, color photos (about 315), artwork, and cover art are complete.
I will be proofing the files over the next week or two and then off to the printer. Hope to be shipping books at end of October.
If you want one of the numbered 150 copies of Magica III, send me a PM or email me at barnowsky1@aol.com to reserve a book. Do not send payment yet. When I am ready to accept payment, I will notify you by email, smoke signals, or telepathy. :)

[url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magica3.html]More info by clicking here[/url]

Larry
UPDATE:

I just added some sample photos from Magica III to my website.
You can view the photos [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magica3.html]right here[/url]

Almost finished with the proofreading.

Email me at barnowsky1@aol.com or PM me to reserve one of the 150 numbered copies.

UPDATE:

Just sent the manuscript files to the printer.
Should have proof copy by next week.
Once I approve the proof, I will begin accepting orders for the 150 copies, and at that point I will notify everyone of that.
For a preview of the book go to [url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magica3.html]this site[/url]

PM me or email me if you want to reserve a book: barnowsky1@aol.com

UPDATE:

The bound proof looks perfect. My printer did gorgeous work with the color photos and cover.

I am now accepting orders:
[url=http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Magica3.html]Click here to order[/url]

I expect to be shipping books before November 15.

150 copies in this limited edition

Those who have reserved copies can also order now.

Best,

Larry
:dancing:

[img]http://barnowskymagic.com/Magica3-8-8-web.jpg[/img]
Books have been shipped from printer. Expect Magica III to arrive Monday Nov 14.
Order now.
ONLY 150 NUMBERED COPIES
www.barnowskymagic.com
:readingbook: :readingbook: :readingbook:
All preorders shipped Nov.15
All new orders shipped same or next day.

Larry
:dancing:
Almost out of Magica Analytica I

Magica III: still have copies 51-58 at NYC site and copies 142-150 (out of 150 printed) at Cooperstown site

Ultimate Works (all seven books + bonus, 14 pounds of books) available for a short time

[url=www.barnowskymagic.com]Click here for the deal[/url] :xmastree: :snowman: :xmastree: