(Close Window)
Topic: [Review] Perfect Square by JB Dumas and Michael Lam
Product description : Rubikís cube magic, here we go ! This seems to be a trend those days, with many great products being released (Rubikís Nightmare, Cube3 etc..) and now there is this effect in which you let a spectator shuffle two cubes, and in a mysterious way, they both match perfectly ! You can then do an instant solve or any kind of routine you want with the cube. But donít feel limited by what Iíve written, this is so much more and you wonít believe how far JB and Michael have pushed this concept. Letís go into the review !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $79 until July 23rd (the price will rise to $99 after that) and you can find it on Michael Lam website : https://cardfreakhk.wixsite.com/magic/products

What you get : You receive a cardboard box with the artwork of the trick printed on it, itís not the fanciest box Iíve seen but it looks good and Iím much more interested with whatís inside it. Inside, youíll find the link for the explanation video, and I must agree that it is very well shot and very well produced ! Michael and JB are doing a great job showing their baby, how to set it up, how to use it and what you can do with it. And this last point is very important because not only they teach the classic the matching cube routine, they have thought of several other ones which are very strong, including a mosaic routine kind of thing, with 24 cube which would look perfect on stage (and yes, people can shuffle most of the cubes if you want them to, which is very interactive for a stage act). And at the end, the tower of cube represents a drawing or something, you could even have someone shuffle a single cube they select out of that tower and the design matches ! (kind of the Mona Lisa puzzle trick but with Rubikís cube). Enough said about the video, you also get the main gimmick which is very well made out of ABS so it will last a long time. You get also several other gimmicks in order to ďsetĒ your main one and a small black velvet bag in which you can fit 2 cubes. For the price asked, this is a bargain in my opinion, great gimmick and amazing video, you canít go wrong !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCOtfzOiAs (an actual performance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0zIHYSAg4 (the teaser)

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Ė This is also a pro but youíll have to buy 2 regular cubes in order to perform Perfect Square, so this is an extra cost you have to take into account.
Ė There is a little bit of work to get it down, but youíll see that you will enjoy performing this over and over in front of your mirror, itís addictive !

THE PROS :
Ė Letís see why having to buy your cubes is a pro ! I think itís a pro because you can use nearly any cube you want, whether itís a regular Rubikís or a speed cube, as long as it matches the size of the cube (57 mm), youíll be fine ! (and even if you have a 56 mm cube, youíll be fine, there are ways of making it works with the gimmick).
Ė Also, if you lose one of the cube, youíre not ****ed, you can just buy a new one, which is better than Rubicon because both cubes were gimmicked.
Ė They provide you the gimmick ďblankĒ with a set of stickers so youíre not limited with an algorithm you donít like. You can customize your cube to the algorithm you want, you donít have to learn a new one. This is a huge plus compared to a product like Rubicon, because you didnít get the choice of the algorithm with it.
Ė This will work close up, I canít go into details why but the way the gimmick is made, there is less to see for the audience.
Ė The price ! This is insanely cheap when you compare it to other options on the market.
Ė The gimmick is really well made, I can see it lasting a long time if you take care of it. Since itís made out of ABS, you can (even if I donít recommend it) drop it without damaging it.
Ė I found that the perfect cube for Perfect Square is the regular Rubikís Cube from Rubikís. I know the old ones were ****ty, they didnít turn right but the new ones are much better and they fit perfectly the gimmick. Also, they have plastic instead of stickers which is a very good thing because stickers may get damaged if you do the trick over and over.
Ė They have thought of everything, in order to hold the gimmick in place, they found an incredible material which works amazingly well and will never let you down.
Ė This is addictive, you wonít be able to put the cubes down, youíll be doing it over and over in front of your mirror !

Overall rating : Iíve been a huge fan of the cube matching routine, since I reviewed Rubicon a few months ago, I think Perfect Square will replace it, because of the way itís made, the fact I can use regular cubes and so on, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, itís not as easy as I thought it would be, itís not hard neither, just take a good week of practice, I would say 3/5 stars.

Similar products : Rubicon by Greg Wilson is an amazing routine which is still great, I just think Perfect Square brings enough good and innovative points to the game so Iíll switch to it ! Rubikís Nightmare by Michael Lam and Henry Harrius is a good routine too, there are many options on the market.

If you liked my review, make sure to check all my other ones here : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews/
How durable is the gimmick??
From experience, no one ever questions the display of the matching cubes? Looks pretty bad, there must be a better sequence to display them without making it so obvious that you're hiding sides...
Gimmick is made out of ABS plastic so it should last :)

Yup, I agree that the wqy the faces are shown is a little bit awkward but no one told me that in the dozen of performances I've done !
Can you be more specific about the cubes that can be used? Is there a problem if the cubes are slightly smaller? All the cheaper cubes are 56mm.
I have used 56mm with Perfect Square and it does work (if you adapt the gimmick). But you'll get a size discrepancy and a color one as well when you show both cube match.
BUYER BEWARE! Perhaps the links for explanation videos somehow worked for Alex DLF, but for me they generate nothing but garbage or site not found messages. Very disappointing at this price.

Order if you want the bare gimmick, but be prepared to work out everything for yourself.
[quote]On Sep 1, 2017, santlerconjurer wrote:
BUYER BEWARE! Perhaps the links for explanation videos somehow worked for Alex DLF, but for me they generate nothing but garbage or site not found messages. Very disappointing at this price.

Order if you want the bare gimmick, but be prepared to work out everything for yourself. [/quote]

I'm sure that if you contact Michael Lam over Facebook, he will quickly solve your problem :)
[quote]On Sep 1, 2017, santlerconjurer wrote:

Order if you want the bare gimmick, but be prepared to work out everything for yourself. [/quote]

Yes, was PMed a working link this morning. Now I am very happy indeed.

Thanks again.
Wow, finally received this! The first one got lost in transit and that took a few weeks to discover but I emailed Michael Lam and he replied almost immediately to say he was putting another in the mail that very same day. I have had nothing but GREAT customer service from Michael all along the way.

Received second one fine and I like it a lot. I also have Rubik's Dream and Rubicon and I'm still too new to this one to say how it compares in the context of a routine but I can say that it is exactly between Rubik's Dream and Rubicon as far as the actual prop you receive. Great deal for the price although I got mine at the discounted price but even full price is great compared to the other 2 similar products, although granted that if this were mass produced as a toy it would sell for under $10.00.

But Perfect Square is the least expensive of the 3 (although you don't receive any regular cubes with it unless you upgrade your order.) But if I were going to buy only one, at this point I would say to get Rubik's Dream as you can do the most with it and you certainly should NOT overlook the included mini cube you get with it. The mini opens up a whole new world of possibilities and makes it easy to carry around with you for semi impromptu performances. I've had a ton of fun with the mini cube. I'm so glad they included a mini cube with it as I never would have thought of it otherwise. Also, you can purchase extra cubes and shells from Vanishing Inc for a reduced price. Soon they will also have extra mini cubes which I desperately need and am waiting anxiously for.

I would say that all 3 of these props are very well made and all are equal as far as quality goes. Rubicon may be the most limited as far doing things other than the intended routine, and Rubik's Dream is probably the most versatile with Perfect Square a close second. I feel that Gregory Wilson may eventually be forced to drop the price of Rubicon if he continues to sell them now that these 2 other similar products have entered the market at a much lower price point.

All are great and only time will tell which will become my favorite. Perhaps I'll even develop a routine someday using all three!!!
I like Perfect Square so much I'm really considering sawing off one side of the larger Rubik's Dream gimmick.
I have contemplated the same thing if I ever found I needed to. With a little Dremel work it could be done pretty easily.
Am I correct in thinking the performer has to mix one of them? Or could I have two volunteers mix a cube each?
Yes, the performer has to mix one of the cubes.
Do you need to know how to solve the cube case it get's mixed up ? I could never really solve a cube most magic effects with cubes you need to know how to solve one .
[quote]On Sep 20, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Do you need to know how to solve the cube case it get's mixed up ? I could never really solve a cube most magic effects with cubes you need to know how to solve one . [/quote]

Yes,you have to :)
The question of how much reset is required was not discussed.
How long does it take?
Can be it done between tables?
[quote]On Sep 21, 2017, Gaijin wrote:
How long does it take?
Can be it done between tables? [/quote]

Reset takes 20 seconds and can be done between table.
[quote]On Sep 21, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
[quote]On Sep 21, 2017, Gaijin wrote:
How long does it take?
Can be it done between tables? [/quote]

Reset takes 20 seconds and can be done between table. [/quote]

Thanks Alex, it feels very tempting to buy. I think that I will do!
[quote]On Sep 19, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
Am I correct in thinking the performer has to mix one of them? Or could I have two volunteers mix a cube each? [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 19, 2017, videoman wrote:
Yes, the performer has to mix one of the cubes. [/quote]

I watched the preview clip on Penguin Magic and thought to go to be true.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9037
After checking the Cafť I went back and watched it again.
Sure enough around 45-50 seconds into the clip, JB Dumas states

"Two spectators can each mix up a cube, no matter what they do, they will always end up matching perfectly."

Clarification would be appreciated please.
[quote]On Sep 24, 2017, ausfly wrote:
[quote]On Sep 19, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
Am I correct in thinking the performer has to mix one of them? Or could I have two volunteers mix a cube each? [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 19, 2017, videoman wrote:
Yes, the performer has to mix one of the cubes. [/quote]

I watched the preview clip on Penguin Magic and thought to go to be true.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9037
After checking the Cafť I went back and watched it again.
Sure enough around 45-50 seconds into the clip, JB Dumas states

"Two spectators can each mix up a cube, no matter what they do, they will always end up matching perfectly."

Clarification would be appreciated please. [/quote]

You can hand out "both" cube, one after the other, to the spectators so they can mix them.

Everything is taught in the video.
The plot is simple for the cube match, but the process seems unstraightforward, given the cuts and edits in the video. So with regards to the cube match effect, what actually happens ? You show 2 cubes ? You mix both ? Then you invite a spectator to mix 1 cube. Then if he wants he can mix the other one you say. But only after he has handed the first one back to you and you do the move. The move though innocent is enough for anyone to assume you are giving them back the same cube that they mixed in the first place. That drastically reduces the impact, wouldnt it ?
I agree that the move as taught is not very convincing. I think it's better to just hand them a cube to mix and as they're doing that you take out another cube and mix it.
I also think it's a better plot if your cube now matches theirs rather than 2 cubes that they apparently mixed somehow now match by coincidence.

Having the spectator mix both cubes is unnecessary and IIRC is only taught as an additional and optional alternative handling and not the primary way the routine is performed.
I don't think people should get too hung up on the aspect of having a spec mix both cubes as that isn't really what the prop was designed to accomplish.
Some reviews are in on Penguin now and they are surprisingly (to me anyway) not so hot - to the point I'm considering Rubik's Dream instead. The Penguin reviews say it takes WAY more skill and practice than advertised, and that many cubes (which you have to buy separately) don't fit well. I realize it's a subjective personal opinion, but for those of you who have it, are these criticisms reasonable - and does Rubik's Dream address them better?
Rubik's Dream is more versatile and does include the regular cubes and even a mini cube and gimmick as well, which has more uses than you might think at first.
However, one thing Rubik's Dream can't do is the one thing Perfect Square was designed to do, and that is to match a cube freely mixed by a spectator.
Now Rubik's Dream can do versions somewhat similar but not as clean and open. That's really not what RD was intended for, but overall it probably gives the best bang for the buck.

PS will definitely take a fair amount of work and practice, especially if you have no prior cube experience. So no, you won't be performing this right away. And with any cube effect it's advantageous (though not necessary) to learn to legitimately solve a cube quickly.

If you wish to do the cube matching effect then you may want to consider Rubicon as well.
Honestly, after owning all 3 effects, I think Rubicon is the best for that effect. However it is significantly more expensive than the other 2.
Dear Videoman,
If one wants to only do the CUBE MATCH effect, does one still need to know how to solve a cube or is the solving needed only for reset ? The kind of work I do allows me large amounts of time to reset, like even a day before I get to perform it again. And is the handling tricky and difficult if I'm keen only on the MATCH phase. Or would RUBICON still be a better bet ?
You only need to solve the cube if you mess up the one that matches the gaff. Even then you could simply use a cube solving app. I personally prefer this to Rubicon for the following reasons:

Gaff can be viewed very close
Move is far more deceptive and less likely to go tits up
Gaff can be configured to fit your needs.

The move takes a little practice but it is not hard although it could be taught a little better.

Mark
Mark, I'm more keen on the cube match only. Will this fit any of the standard cubes I get locally or do I have to tailor the gaff, because cutting plastic etc to match your own cube etc is easily said on paper but in real life it wont work out that way and would make the gaff look ugly/obvious to the spectators.
Plainman007, it's always advantageous to know how to solve the cube. Not as much after you have mastered the routine, but during the learning and practicing process I guarantee you will make a wrong move and mess things up. So if you can solve it fairly quickly that is the easiest route.
But having said that you can use an app or I actually found it quicker to just pop it apart and reassemble it. So being able to solve it can avoid some frustrations and will make your life easier but it certainly is not a necessity. However, I would recommend having several extra cubes on hand when practicing so you can carry on immediately.

As far as finding cubes locally I cannot say since I have no idea where in the world you are located. However, in my experience pretty much every cube I own (about 16 or so and all purchased off the internet) fits the gimmick either very well or perfectly. So I can't imagine it would be difficult for you to find an appropriate cube.

I seem to recall that on the video they suggest getting a genuine Rubik's brand cube. Those will work but I would suggest getting a couple good speed cubes. None of the 4 genuine Rubik's cubes I own turn easily enough for my liking, especially if you wish to do a one-handed solve. Also, not turning easily will not only add to your frustration of learning but it also tends to make mistakes happen more often. Treat yourself to as many good cubes as you can reasonably afford. They're not that expensive and it will definitely make your life easier.
Videoman,
So the cube solve is mainly used to reset between shows. Let me be frank I have solved a cube but by looking at the one page chart with the solve algorithm. I just never could memorize the entire LR RR LR thing. So can I reset between shows looking at the move chart as I usually do (yes I admit its low down, but) or will I need to do a solve while performing. Im also acquainted with false shuffles and can pull off the simple ones. But will this solve ability be called into during performance or post/pre performance only.
There is no solve required for reset or performance.
One cube remains permanently mixed, the other is reset into your favorite stack and then apparently solved.
A solve is ONLY necessary when something gets messed up by accident, but if you can already solve using a cheat sheet then you shouldn't have any problems should that occur.

So let me restate again to be clear, as long as the one cube is not put out of order you will NEVER have to perform a legitimate solve.
As far as I can tell there are two standard cube sizes. They give you the size in the video and it's the most common size. I use standard speed cubes and they fit so well that I often struggle to tell which one has the gaff on it.

Mark
[quote]On Oct 11, 2017, videoman wrote:
One cube remains permanently mixed, the other is reset into your favorite stack and then apparently solved.[/quote]

What is stacking ? It seems your a pro cuber. How will I understand stacking ? Can you tell me in laymans terms what that means :).
PM'ed you.
Surely the problem with all of these gimmick versions is that one cube (the shell) remains mixed? People want to see you solve a Rubik's cube, that's what the cube is for, that's what people expect. But you can only solve the legitimate cube in whatever weird "magical" fashion you want which screams gimmick cube. People assume that a genuine Rubik's cube is nearly impossible to solve. Everyone knows you can't just solve it by waving it around with one hand.

I'll admit, I end my show with a Rubik's cube act where one of the matching cubes remains mixed but that's because it's in a glass jar and won't come out. When I used to show 2 normal cubes mixed not in a jar I would end my show with all cubes solved. I started the routine with solved cubes and ended it with solved cubes. It's like making something disappear, you've always got to make it reappear. Am I missing the point or something? It seems totally illogical to finish with one mixed and one solved. I have people accusing me of using bluetooth cubes and want to examine everything. With a shell you have to use "spectator management" and only let them inspect half the props.
I like to end my set with both cubes solved. I do one legit solve and one Ďmagic solveí. I use a mixture of cube fx and cube 3 to achieve this.

With this gimmick in a close up setting or table setting - would I be able to ditch the gimmick easily and then procede with a real solve using the spectator mixed cube?
Could I do this with perfect square? Perform cube cards by Kev G, phase 1 - show solved cube, phase 2 - have card selected, phase 3 - match cube to card, phase 4 - solve cube, hand out this cube for mixing by spectator, reach into bag and pull out other cube for perfect square?
Ordered mine today.
What is the best cube for perfect square? Anyone can help :xmastree:
Theory11 sells it now, comes with 2 additional cubes for $79,95

https://store.theory11.com/products/perfect-square
I got the version that comes with 2 cubes, got it from the penguin expo. Only issue is the cubes that come with are a bit crap so doing the one handed movies becomes extremely hard to do smoothly line one would with a speed cube. Can be done, but a tad frustrating. Otherwise a fairly good product.
Best to use speed cubes with this in my opinion, I use a Dayan Zhanchi, works great!
Thanks for the alternative, I will certainly get those now.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2017, Nathan Horne wrote:

https://store.theory11.com/products/perfect-square [/quote]

Theory11 ALSO states that this effect is super easy, requires no previous cube knowledge, and claim you can be performing this in an afternoon with a bit of practice. This rails against a lot of things said earlier in this topic. So, who's fibbing?
[quote]On Dec 20, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:

Theory11 ALSO states that this effect is super easy, requires no previous cube knowledge, and claim you can be performing this in an afternoon with a bit of practice. This rails against a lot of things said earlier in this topic. So, who's fibbing? [/quote]

You don't have to know how to solve a cube. But if you mess up, you're screwed.

You can perform it within the afternoon, badly, but you can do it.
[quote]On Dec 20, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
[quote]On Dec 20, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:

Theory11 ALSO states that this effect is super easy, requires no previous cube knowledge, and claim you can be performing this in an afternoon with a bit of practice. This rails against a lot of things said earlier in this topic. So, who's fibbing? [/quote]

You don't have to know how to solve a cube. But if you mess up, you're screwed.

You can perform it within the afternoon, badly, but you can do it. [/quote]

Interesting. This is a purchase on which I'm going back and forth based on how many conflicting reports I've read. The base effect looks pretty solid to me. I can solve a cube, but I'm certainly no sleight of hand pro. That said, the matching move doesn't look THAT difficult.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2017, Nathan Horne wrote:

Well since the explanation is re-filmed by Theory11, hopefully all filler and non-linear in original explanation video will be filtered out. Just wonder now they have different prices and different version so potential buyers should beware that as well.
Ordered through T11 * hope the 2 cubes that come with are the same used in the video... the one hand solve behind back seems very smooth.

Will give my opinion.
[quote]On Dec 22, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
Ordered through T11 * hope the 2 cubes that come with are the same used in the video... the one hand solve behind back seems very smooth.

Will give my opinion. [/quote]

Am I right in assuming an easily solvable permutation is taught in the T11 instructions to make that one-handed solve even easier?
The Theory 11 sh**l looks like the stickers go into some sort of set of nine indentations rather than raised "cubelets". Is this a false impression? A bad impression due to camera and lighting, or is the sh**l made this way?

This is an important point. Indentations rather than raised cubelets won't look like a normal cube at all.
@XaviumLord - yes the one hand solve is included in the T11 instructions.

@santlerconjurer - weird cube T11 uses to promote this trick... in the video instructions the cubes and shell do not look they have indentations... if they have I'm sure I will send them back for sure.
Boy some spent $500 for Rubicon and the almost exact props come out for 79 and change. You want something to be exclusive....

Rubicon Owner :shrug:
Is it just me? What is with the flood of Rubik's Cube stuff? I am baffled. But then...an ordinary Rubik's Cube baffles me. The Magic Shopper is presented with SO much...both junk and good stuff. There is NO exclusivity here! And, ya know...most of us have a coin shell. I have a Deck Shell. Hey, why not a Rubik's Cube Shell? Thing is...WHOSE? Does it "lock"? Does it have "moving parts"? Can ya do it openly, or does it need to be hidden? Angle problems? Discrepancies (all sides can be shown)? A Rubik's Cube! Why NOW all of a sudden? :)

Doug
Finally got around to buying this and, after watching the video, it does look really easy to perform. The Penguin reviews are making very little sense to me now..

"A tremendous amount of practice is required to perfect and execute this trick effectively."

No.

"Advanced understanding of both Rubik's Cube and sleight of hand are required"

I'm starting to wonder if we're even talking about the same gimmick at this point.

Granted, I purchased from theory11, so the teaching was very streamlined and efficient. A+ from them as always. But I am NOT seeing the difficulty here. It may be the case that I actually need to hold it all in my hands to understand this incredible "complexity," but this looks like some very basic stuff. Pretty stoked for it to arrive.
XaviumLord,

I disagree with you that the teaching is streamlined and efficient. Particularly when he shows how to mix the cube the teaching is HORRIBLE. He shows you from a side angle rather than over the shoulder. He shows you at a distance rather than close up. He does the moves slowly but then before reversing the moves he waves the cube around and it's tough to see whether he regripped it in a new position or not. I got three cubes hopelessly mixed up watching his explanation and now I need to solve a cube before I can try to learn this "simple" move again.

So....I agree that this routine is simple and does not require you know how to solve a cube. You can go online and there are programs that help you solve the cube if you get out of sorts.

But if only the teaching had been done better. Over the shoulder, close up, no extra waving the cube around. If they had done that I would be done learning that part by now.

I guarantee you that I can make a clearer explation video in 5 minutes than the one they supply.

But....It is a great trick and well worth the trouble. I am very happy with my purchase.
Having some time to think about it, I do fully understand why some people would have issues with it. I went into this effect being new to Rubik's Cube magic, BUT knowing how to solve a cube in a few minutes. I can see why having it over the shoulder from the perspective of the performer makes way more sense, especially when they advertise "no previous cube skill required". I still think some reviewers blew the difficulty out of the water, but I had assumed they were talking more about the moves you have to make NOT relating to the solve.

So, really, the one-handed solve is actually the hardest part of this trick. It just came naturally to me for whatever reason. But yes: it is a fantastic trick. The look on people's faces when the cubes match is priceless.
Does anyone know if the recently released RD NOrmal cubes released by vanishinginc would fit with this?
The size is 5.72cm cubed confirmed by customer support at VI
Still loving this but I agree the teaching is mediocre at best. The teaching on the necessary move is very good and clear but the rest is all over the place. I have been considering the Mario Deluxe routine but have backed off because I'm worried the instructions re: how to get the 24 cubes into the necessary Mario formation will be a trainwreck to follow.
Regarding magic teaching videos in general: What I routinely do is to rip the entire video to my computer in mpg format. Then I re-edit the video taking out all of the unnecessary stuff. Most "teaching" videos start with segment that is like a movie trailer selling you the product you just bought. (totally unnecessary). Then the creator introduces himself and chats a while (fine if you are into that but I'm not).

When it finally gets down to teaching there is so much meandering, sidetracking, and repetition that I can cut an hour long video down to 10 minutes without losing a thing as far as teaching the effect.

Oh and VIRTUAL ALL TEACHING SHOULD BE OVER THE SHOULDER IMHO.

This could be because there is demand for it. Maybe a lot fo buyers want to sit down and watch a "presentation" rather than the bare bones info that I want. That's fine but I wish they would include an edited down version for people like me. Even those who like the long format would probably appreciate the minimized one when they revisit the effect once in a while.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Regarding magic teaching videos in general: What I routinely do is to rip the entire video to my computer in mpg format. Then I re-edit the video taking out all of the unnecessary stuff. Most "teaching" videos start with segment that is like a movie trailer selling you the product you just bought. (totally unnecessary). Then the creator introduces himself and chats a while (fine if you are into that but I'm not).

When it finally gets down to teaching there is so much meandering, sidetracking, and repetition that I can cut an hour long video down to 10 minutes without losing a thing as far as teaching the effect.

Oh and VIRTUAL ALL TEACHING SHOULD BE OVER THE SHOULDER IMHO.

This could be because there is demand for it. Maybe a lot fo buyers want to sit down and watch a "presentation" rather than the bare bones info that I want. That's fine but I wish they would include an edited down version for people like me. Even those who like the long format would probably appreciate the minimized one when they revisit the effect once in a while. [/quote]

I'd buy that for a dollar!
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:

I guarantee you that I can make a clearer explation video in 5 minutes than the one they supply.
[/quote]

That would be interesting to see.

:xmas:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ryKlhHeZI

:xmas:
Super Mario effect would be so nice to do. Rubic Cubes from Walmart work perfectly and save your stickers from fray. Dumas uses these in trailer at mall. Nice complement to Rubicon.
Just got the effect a couple of days ago, and having a little bit of a problem. The gimmick keeps peeling the edges of the stickers of the cube it is transfered to.
Does anyone have the same problem?
[quote]On May 26, 2018, drorwis wrote:
Just got the effect a couple of days ago, and having a little bit of a problem. The gimmick keeps peeling the edges of the stickers of the cube it is transfered to.
Does anyone have the same problem? [/quote]

i just started rehearsing and it does happen too...

another issue is that my cubes are 1mm shorter and they fall easly... they do not fit well or itís just me?

bought mine through T11

anyone too?
[quote]On May 26, 2018, Lseeyou wrote:
[quote]On May 26, 2018, drorwis wrote:
Does anyone have the same problem? [/quote]

i just started rehearsing and it does happen too...

another issue is that my cubes are 1mm shorter and they fall easly... they do not fit well or itís just me?

bought mine through T11

anyone too? [/quote]

Just to make sure, you did apply the special stickers (the special white ones) to the inside of the gimmick? I found that when the stickers are in, lightly squeezing the open end of the gimmick,
due to the properties of the special stickers,makes it stick to the cube.
Get rubic cubes, the tiles solve the problem. The stickered cubes did no good for me. Stickers peeled right away, look terrible.

For the loose gimmick. I finally used glue dots. They do the job for a while and I keep adding a little more to make the cube more secure.

Hope this helps.