(Close Window)
Topic: Coin squeeze question
I bought a coin squeeze trick this week, but it only seems to work 30% of the time. The rest of the time, everything spills out OR drops out unexpectedly.

Am I making a rookie error, is there a technique I should be employing, or is there such a thing a duff unit? It works some of the time, so I don't quite understand why it doesn't work so often.
Well, baseball players who bat 300, are considered fairly good!

My mother squeezed nickels, in the Depression, but, thank heaven, they didn't disappear!

This PROP that you bought...(ya can't BUY a TRICK! TRICKS, somewhat like music, only exist while they are being performed.)

So, does this PROP have name? (That would be helpful.)
The Prop is called Coin Squeeze.

Dave
Thanks Dave! I've never heard of it! Of course, I know several ways to vanish a coin, so I don't get too excited over another way!

I drove the young guys nuts at the Magic Castle, a few years ago, with a coin vanish that I learned when I was 15. l've fooled--and entertained--a gezillion laymen with it, too. That's enough for me!

Perhaps someone who is familiar with "squeezit" will help the OP's problem.
This is an incredible trick - easily a good effect from a spectator's astonishment. It is not a vanish, Dick, but a penetration of four coins through a block of metal. The sound and coin movement is impressive.
It is a great leadin to Coins Across and the rings of the Squeeze set can be used for Ting on String and other tricks. You ought to try and see it performed.

I have performed this for many years without a problem - a brass "dollar Squeeze' for gold coins. Many sets are quarter or nickel - a few half dollar.

I understand some are aluminum and the weight of the plug may make a difference. Other than that, handling is probable to cause.

Try holding the extra coin in place with your fingertip while loading the upper coins.

When dumping out the coins, make sure the extra is on the bottom - even shaking the set downward to lock the coin.

If that doesn't work, PM me with info about size and material of your set and I may come up with something else.
Thank you so much, funsway - awesome in depth answer. I'll give those tips a go!