(Close Window)
Topic: Operacadabra 2005?
Mr. Williamson,

Your Operacadabra 2004 show was the most enjoyable magic show I've ever attended. Will there be a 2005 installment?
Thanks Eric

I don't think so. We are thinking about doing something in Springfield for their summer series in the park. Although I 'm sure that that we'll be back at the Opera House the following year.
Where do you live?
I'm in Franklin, Indiana - just about 20 minutes South of Indianapolis. My wife and I used Operacadabra as an excuse to leave our kids with the in-laws and take off for the weekend. We got to Cedarville a little early and ended up at the park with a waterfall on the edge of town. It was very memorable, especially when we stumbled across an amorous college couple that tried to pretend that nothing was going on. Ah, youth.

My wife still speaks very fondly of the 2004 show. I was impressed with the magic as well as your wisdom in using Mr. Singer as the closing act. I was hesitant when he first came out but within a few minutes I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt for the rest of the evening. Where the heck did you find him?
Very similar story here! My wife and I got to Cedarville early before the 2004 OperaCadabra performance and ended up at the same park! Go figure...must not be too much else to do there!!! Wonder if we saw you and your wife Eric but just didn't know it. We hiked all the way to the Indian mound in our decent dinner clothes! Kind of stupid, but fun!

OperaCadabra was a great evening of magic and entertainment. I'll continue attending every time you have a performance there, Dave. My wife will be disappointed that you're not doing a show this year.

By the way, I live in Richmond, Indiana which is just off I-70 at the Ohio state line. Basically, as soon as you cross into Indiana on I-70, you're in Richmond.
Eric-Darren,

Thank you so much for your comments. It's the kind of feedback I need. Sounds like Eric & his wife stumbled upon Darren & his wife!

Did you catch the name of the Indian Mound? My great grandfather gave that land to the state so it's called the Williamson Mound as opposed to the Williamson Mount which is a special move I do.

We used to sled down that mound as kids. About 50% of us usually ended up in the raveen with broken bones!

I saw Glenn Singer at another show and his act stuck in my mind. When it was decided to give half the proceeds to the local nonprofit stable, Glenn's act popped back into my mind. I've worked with him since and he is not only a great entertainer but he's a great person. And not a bad kisser.
David,

My wife managed to throw a pie in your face in the 2004 afternoon show. Great show. I somehow managed to miss the first Operacadabra which was a real dissappointment because you and Mac King are two of my favorite performers in the world. Did Mac do his Vegas routine there? That routine had me in stitches...especially his cards across. Though I've heard of one of a cards across that you did one time that was hilarious too....with a kicker... won't give the details away here.

Derren, I'm in Richmond, IN too....I can't believe we've never met. Do you go to any Ring meetings? I go to the ones in Muncie. I used to do table-hopping at Fazoli's here...had to quit for a Voice and Diction class I was taking...I'm thinking about starting up again.

sd
David,

Not to worry, Eric did not stumble upon my wife and I attempting the Williamson Mount. My back just isn't what it used to be...

I figured you were somehow related to the Willimason of reknowned Mound fame. That must have been one heck of a sledding experience. The hill below the mound runs on for quite a ways.

As far as feedback goes, I promise to attend every OperaCadabra performance you hold...even though you seem to have kissed the strange horse guy. Let us know when the DVD is released. Wonderful evening of entertainment - meaning OperaCadabra, not the other things.

If you're ever looking for magic students who live in the vicinity, just PM me here at the Café! I don't live very far from you. You can pass on your knowledge and earn pocket change at the same time!

You should be proud of what you've accomplished in magic. Thanks for your time here at the Café and your years of contributions to the art of magic.