The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte GPS on DVD?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
I heard somewhere that Steve is planning on releasing a new GPS. The production quality will be much higher, it will be on DVD and it will generally be an updated product from the original video tapes. Does anyone know when it will be available?

Michael
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
He talks about it from time to time and he has done some filming. But I wouldn't expect anything in the next 6 months. After that...who knows.

J
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Why would I want to buy the remake, if it has the same material as the video ? Sure it's easier to access and watch a DVD. But, I'm not sure I would spend the money to duplicate the fist set just for 1-2 extra ideas ?

I'm sure other people's opinion may vary...and as much as I enjoy Steve Forte's work...I would prefer if there was a reasonable amount of new material.
Long Island,

New York
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
I'm going to pick up the dvd version as soon as I've mastered the stuff on the video version. So, if the the dvds are ready by 2046 ...

DD
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Quality and convenience are a big selling point for any product... I've owned three copies of Apollo 13 (VHS, DVD, and HD-DVD) and two copies of many of my card/magic videos (VHS and DVD).
Daniel M. Carrico
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I agree that there may be a small market for some people who want the latest format media....But, I suspect that most people prefer new material.

But, then what do I know...it's not my business decision Smile
Long Island,

New York
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Well, I'd like to have both. Then we all win Smile
Daniel M. Carrico
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As I recall this same thing came up not long back: Forte has a garage full of videos and no planes to do a DVD until he sells them all.

Moreover I think he will be wastimg his time because its been pirated and being given away.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I personally like originals, in that way we encourage new and creative material which may be published.

If it's the same old stuff reworked, then I will be disappointed UNLESS it was marketed as simply redone with "some" new material.

If so, I would like to know how much is new.

For example, I hate when a DVD move says it has new scenes...and they either stink or their are only 1-2 minor differences.

I prefer honestly in advertising.
Long Island,

New York
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes I was just stating a fact to save Forte wasting his time a money.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Bottom line...we have no control over what Steve F. does....I am sure that what ever he decides to do will be because he enjoys it AND because it is a good financial decision.

All I can do is hope that there will be some new material/handling, information, subtleties, psychology, etc.
Long Island,

New York
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I haven't seen the videos and as I don't own a VCR I will not buy them.. at least for now, will wait to see what happens with the DvD rumor, I really hope he will put out the DvD set.

Kim
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

If you have not seen the video/VHS version then you will really enjoy them.

Bear in mind though...that they are not "teaching" tapes. He does not teach technique....he simply exposes method and generaly does not break down each move so you can learn it.

On the other hand, if you are experienced, you will learn a lot because he may have variations which you may not have seen.

I do recommend them....I was only questioning the purchase for those people who already had the tapes.
Long Island,

New York
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2006-12-22 20:11, Expertmagician wrote:
Why would I want to buy the remake, if it has the same material as the video ? Sure it's easier to access and watch a DVD. But, I'm not sure I would spend the money to duplicate the fist set just for 1-2 extra ideas ?

I'm sure other people's opinion may vary...and as much as I enjoy Steve Forte's work...I would prefer if there was a reasonable amount of new material.

Because it's STEVE FORTE, you silly-goose.

And it wouldn't be the same stuff, obviously.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Mr. Z,

Great...I hope your right...if so, I am sure I will by it for my collectins...I bought his last book and found reading it enjoyable.

Everything I have seen him create so far has been quality...so I am sure this will be no exception.

I am glad to here that you think the material will be new Smile ... I will stay tuned Smile

I don't know if Steve Forte hangs out with the magicians, but I will be back in vegas in mid-feb...so hopefully we will cross paths.
Long Island,

New York
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
I woudln't mind to get DVD set myself. Ofcourse I got VHS one, but then it is pretty anoin to watch it now, because of fastfowarding and stuff. But if it got extra material on it it is just a bonus. Plus hopefully it will be cheaper then VHS.
Pavlo
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Don't forget that VHS does degrade over time whereas DVD keeps the quality
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

You are right ... 20 - 30 years for VHS and 100 years for DVD. + or - some years Smile

I have some VHS tapes which are 20-25 years old which were NOT kept in perfect environmental condidtions...and the image and sound is still very watchable...But, you can see some snow and decay which occured. I dn't know how long VHS holds up before it is not watchable ?

Note: If you periodically rewind or fast forward the tapes, they are supposed to last longer. But, with my collection..who has the time to do that once per year Smile
Long Island,

New York
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 09:58, Expertmagician wrote:
You are right ... 20 - 30 years for VHS and 100 years for DVD. + or - some years Smile

That's the complete shelf life. Of course, kept in the proper environment, a pressed DVD will last ~100 years without any degradation. This is why I have transfered all of my VHS tapes that are not available on DVDs to digital formats.
Daniel M. Carrico
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
To me that would be the biggest value in the DVD format.

But you could also copy the vhs to your computer which would be just as good.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte GPS on DVD?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL