The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I need some help with an envelope prediction... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi guys and gals,

I'm currently working on an idea where I get a freely chosen number (that is freely chosen not a force) and it matches a prediction in an envelope that has been in full view throughout.

I want the audience member to be able to open the envelope and keep it if possible.

Obviously I will need to steal the info and get it in to the envelope.

What I'd like to know is if there are any such methods already available.

If not, then I guess I'd better start trying to come up with one Smile

Thanks in advance,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use the "C" section on page 12 & 13 of 13 Steps to Mentalism.
421M.D.B.421
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of 421M.D.B.421
Then chuck in some "wonder words" to get the audience to "see" the effect it is you want to create.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Mike, I feel like such a doofus. Totally over looked it.

If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.

I was wondering if any of the signed card to sealed envelope type effects could be altered to achieve this effect.

I don't currently perform any of these types of effects, so if anyone has any thoughts on this that'd also be awsome. I was wondering if the method on Still Fancy a Pot of Jam? by James Brown could be used as the description says the effect is it all happens in the specs hands.

Thanks again,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Right you are 421M.D.B.421.

Thanks
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Check out ESPnvelope at http://www.mindmagic.myfoolmoon.com./ Highly rec. Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Roslyn, I really could not find envelopes as Corinda described. So I went to a paper warehouse to find the paper. They sell eack type in packs of 500. I make the envelopes myself. The only problem is the imprint.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Smile
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Roslyn, the card to envelope on 'fancy a pot of jam' wont work for what you want it to do. The idea of James' effect is a role reversal of magi and spec, the spec performs a card to envelope for you.
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Roslyn, you can probably buy the paper online. I have the paper's manufacture. If you would like it send me a PM.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Oh ok,
Thanks for that.
Looks like I'll have to go in search of some paper.
Unless there's a card to envelope method that people think might do the job???
Or, if I have to use a force to keep it clean, if anyone knows of a decent one that could do the job??
I don't want to have to resort to having more than one four digit number chosen. No adding up stuff etc.
I don't like that kind of stuff. Not really clean enough for me.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
If you consider the envelope in display needs to be opened to reveal another envelope that the spec can open and keep (i.e. "its double sealed! No tampering here ho ho") - your options will expand.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Ok, I think I understand what you're getting at.

Thanks Dr.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
For stage/stand up presentations - john archers spelling test is ideal.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Now that's an interesting idea!
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
You will find it hugely useful. I use it for words, numbers, countries, and it never fails to hit the audience hard.

Pete firman has a variation of the handling, which anyone interested in this effect should check out.

best wishes, david.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I also use Archers method with a couple of changes for a number on the back of a photo in a sealed envelope.The story I use is quite dark. As they call out the number I pick up a blank pad very casually and TW the number on the prepared photo in the appropriate space, using the pad as cover, then hand them the blank pad ala Archer and reach into my pocket to get them a pen to write it down themselves so that they remember it. Of coarse the load happens while I'm getting the pen. I repeat the number as they write it down on the pad, then go into my little lines of 'why did you choose that number" blah, blah then pull out the wallet and the rest is history!
magicetc
View Profile
New user
Chris
14 Posts

Profile of magicetc
This may be late in the game to post some insights here but...

Check out the Mark Leveridge Envelopes- he details them on his DVD 3 Vol. set, as well as sells them on his site. (No...I'm not a shill). You can also check out the Piatt envelope as well. Karrell Fox published an odd idea but it works. Take a manila envelope, clasp type and in the bottom half you place your "prediction." Yes, I know it doesn't fulfill the requirements stated above about "no force." Then half-way up the envelope's interior, place a piece of double sided tape. For your performance, write the second of two choices on a card and place in the (top) half of the envelope. You can use a 10/11 force for this. If they pick the second choice, tear open the top half and let your prediction fall out. If they pick the bottom half number, tear along the middle of the envelope and let the pre-set prediction fall out. Either way, it appears as if you predicted the number. This is an ideal way to have a two-way out.
I have thought of pasting either the piatt envelope or leveridge envelope, or Fox envelope, back to back for a 4 way out, but have not tried it.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Get Tony Iacoviello "Maximum Involvement"......it's plays BIG and worth your bucks
on the second tought...DONT get them....just use the ol NW....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I need some help with an envelope prediction... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL