The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Absolute Coin Bender - An amazing new coin bender (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Well to me even the QB2 wouldn't get the job that I need done, done. From the demo I've watched of it, even that device can't give severe, near 90 degree angles.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 07:54, yif wrote:
Nothing will replace my QB2 Smile

Ditto!

Quote:
On 2010-01-09 12:28, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Well to me even the QB2 wouldn't get the job that I need done, done. From the demo I've watched of it, even that device can't give severe, near 90 degree angles.

Why would you want such extreme bends? It's about the presentation and 'rubbing' the coin between thumb and forefinger until it bends. In that case you would not get a 90 degree angle...IMHO an extreme bend like that 'screams' gimmick or a switch out.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I use Muscle Bend from True Astonishments where they bend it with their elbow.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Sorry for going off topic.

About a year ago I designed my own bender. Have a look at the bent coin samples. Smile

The bender can:-

(a) Make a Smooth Cure (from light Curve to a very prominent Curve).

(b) Make a Lip Bend (from a light Lip bend to a right-angled Lip bend).

The bend can be made at ALMOST any place on the coin & in any proportion.

This is just to let you know that such benders exist. Smile Smile

The design of my coin bender is a modification of an already existing bender in the market & hence I take NO credit for my bender.

Back on topic please! Smile

Smile
P.S. I have already shared the design of my coin bender with few Café members.

Click here to view attached image.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 12:08, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-31 15:08, lunatik wrote:
For bending keys, I personally love Andrew Geralds(?) effect, I can't remember it's name right off the top of my head Smile

Now here's an effect that BLOWS all this other stuff out of the water. Key Accessory. Very stealth props/gimmicks if even any. Yes, KEY ACCESSORY!!! Very worthwhile.

J

Too kind... KA is hard to beat... QB2 is an amazing tool KA is a powerful ballet !LOL

AG
Well then...
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2010-01-07 18:39, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I just received ACB today, watched the dvd and I have to ask myself why in the he77 did they call this thing the ABSOLUTE coin bender? It might very well be the worst coin bender in existence. I must admit I've not made the gimmicks up and so have no performed with it, but I'm not entirely convinced that I even want to bother. The biggest selling point is that they can burn your hands during the bending process? Every performance I've watched on the dvd was obvious that there was strain and bending movement in the hands. I think ACB is a load of crap. I would be satisfied with this even if it allowed me to pre-bend my coins for Muscle Bend from True Astonishments, but the ACB barely even bends the coins. It warps them a little bit. I need a severe bend for Muscle Bend. This thing is worthless to me. I wouldn't suggest anyone buy this unless you want to use it to pre-bend coins and you only want them bend a little bit.

I could not agree more with this post, I do not even know how the ABC exists in a dvd.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:

I would have to disagree. with the coin laying on the table, the edge points straight up to the ceiling. So it sounds like you need to pick on up!! Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
John, what's up with this!!!! LOLOL

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 08:35, lunatik wrote:
John, what's up with this!!!! LOLOL

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0

It's a link that points to my ACB for sale. I use a different product.

J
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I was just messing with you Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 15:54, lunatik wrote:
I was just messing with you Smile

Oh.
rizyanrizy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rizyanrizy
Is it require any strength? I'm super thin and afraid to do it hahaha
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
How about the guy who borrows a penny and it just bends. Oh, his name is Osterlind, Richard Osterlind. Its the best I've seen.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Magic Makers has come out with a variation of a coin bending gimmick fashioned into a pen.

I know there has been other designs similar in the past - I have one of the older makes from a European maker and a more recent one from an Asian maker.

The MM one is actually pretty nice. Very stable, strong, and it looks very innocent.

I personally use Coinvexed, but I will be switching to this for a while.

you can see the pen at my site:
http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Python-Pen......994.html

this will be a pocket carry for me - especially since it functions as a normal pen.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
It's all about the superman coin bend, haha.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Absolute Coin Bender - An amazing new coin bender (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL