The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - House of Fakini now on the Internet!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The master magician of manipulation and artistry Tim Wright (aka Skulldini) just announced here on The Magic Café that House Of Fakini now has a website to buy direct, standard stock items and special order items. Inquiry necessary for special orders.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

How wonderful that he has assisted them in creating a website for all those interested in superior Billiard Balls, Thimbles, Golf Balls, and their specialty small balls for close-up magic.

No mention if the Color Changing Plumes are being made available as of yet.

The website address:

http://www.houseoffakini.com

So start placing your orders today, all those unanswered questions of where and how are no longer necessary. Buy direct, as these are never discounted.

If you are a person that only buys the best and can afford the price, then buy Fakini, as they will more then repay you in years of putting quality at your fingertips and in your performances.

Don't forget, now you can easily buy additional shells for the new double and triple shell work using Billiard Balls. Born by Bond Lee will be available soon and don't forget the "Artist System" and "Artist Visual" by Lukas DVDs. You can start out by getting the Shimada Manipulation DVD as well for a handling on double shell production.
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
This is great to know!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just ordered some billiard ball items I needed. Thanks Bill.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Wow that is awesome. Thanks for the info Bill.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the notice, Bill.
Mister Mystery
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I bought my first set of Frank's golf balls, when he was just starting out. (I have since bought various colors and various shells) as I 'chased' different ideas for the routine.

IMHO FRANK WAS THE 'P & L', THE THAYER, THE MERV TAYLOR, THE WARREN HAMILTON (ETC.) OF BALL MAKERS!

I am now retired and not too apt to purchase, but, I am thrilled to hear that the FAKINI name continues!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
skilldini
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of skilldini
Thank You Bill. Skilldini was happy to assist the Radtke family with a web page. I think it works well, and has a good representation of their products. No color changing plumes at this point. Also need pricing on designer balls...and I will get a picture of a ball dropper and add that asap. I started on the Tournament Golf Balls. Back then the Ireland balls were the cats daddy and what a giant step forward we took with Fakini's balls. I then worked to a 1.75" billiard. I now use 2.25" light billiard balls that Frank made me. I do not know if Ed wants to continue to make them as the special compound silicone is very expensive. To make the light balls there is waste when the ball is not properly formed around the core. They are very hard to make. There is no other ball that has the feel, the finish and color these have. They are really great and I am glad to be a small part of the tradition. Thank You Tim Wright. Skilldini....
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Fakini balls are the Best. Thanks for the info...
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Is this still possible to order Fakini balls? I can see the website still exist but nobody answers my e-mails regarding the balls.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Look elsewhere.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, iluzjonista wrote:
Is this still possible to order Fakini balls? I can see the website still exist but nobody answers my e-mails regarding the balls.

No, unfortunately there are no sales anymore. You'll have to look on eBay and used magic sales websites to find Fakini balls. But there are a couple decent substitutes.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I heard rumor that Fakini business is up for sale. No idea if it is true or not.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Frank Radtke was a dear friend. I bought one of his first sets of "xxxing balls" in '70 or '71. I'm still using them.

I imagine that he is doing flip flops in his grave.

It would be great news, Michael!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:

Indeed, Dick. If someone does buy it, they'd have a very lucrative business, I'd think.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2017, danaruns wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, iluzjonista wrote:

No, unfortunately there are no sales anymore. You'll have to look on eBay and used magic sales websites to find Fakini balls. But there are a couple decent substitutes.

I read here on Magic Café that Jielie balls are good substitute. Would you suggest buying this one or any other? It's important for me to buy a balls without visible line between halfs.
johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
Iluzjonista
I am not trying to hijack a post, but take a look at the Bond Lee balls. Plenty of discussion right here on the Café
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
John! I wouldn't consider that, "hijacking". You provided information, that may help the OP.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2017, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:

Indeed, Dick. If someone does buy it, they'd have a very lucrative business, I'd think.

It is true but, there are numerous issues with a potential sale. First, he is asking WAY too much for the business. He admittedly, is not a business man and his figure is sort of a number pulled out of thin air that can't really be justified. There are no sells records, no business plan, no details for an investor. You essentially just get the molds and the name. Outside of the high price, a further investment of "rubber" packing, warehouse space, etc. would be required. While the long term would profit would be OK, the initial investment is HUGE and profitability would take A LOT of time and there are numerous other companies on the market trying to compete. Does not seem like a good business opportunity for the current asking price.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Frank told me, in the mid 90s, to just mske the balks myself. He have me the formula including the Rockwell hardness and where to get the chemicals.

Because he said, his kids really weren't interested in the business.
Knowing magicians, I decided not to pursue the venture because they already yell st me for making props I already have the rights too. So now others are making silicone balls and no one yells at them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - House of Fakini now on the Internet!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL