The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bag 4 Life question. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I've been performing Bag 4 Life for a while now and begin with the coins already set up ready to go. Wondering if there is a way to display the coins independant of the Baggie then set-up in front of the spectators?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I imagine it could be done, why not? Displaying the coins prior to putting them in the bag is something I would minimize - the display once the coins are in should be plenty. Just do what you need under the cover of your hands as you casually place the coins inside the bag, so to speak, and talking casually to your spec(s).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I've given it plenty of thought, just can't imagine how to do it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I've thought of basic ways to do it but not convinced it is worth the trouble.
May be a case of running without being chased.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sent you a PM.

Jim
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Just start out with the coins "in" the bag. Why complicate it? Seems like over-proving to me.

But... here's a short clip of a guy doing "Bag 4 Life" in reverse. It starts at the 15:35 mark.

Anyone know anything about this?

Robert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Sorry. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDFC1HgSO8

Robert
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Hey Robert... I just sent this message in another section that had a similar post. The guy doing this effect has a website and I tried to contact him through the email provided and never received a reply. Here's his website address below in case you'd like to try as well. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss how it might be replicated... I have an idea about it and just need to take the time to set it up and try it.
http://www.jamiedochertymagic.co.uk/
crysalis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of crysalis
Bought this effect in its UK £2 form and used it a lot - simple but very effective. Sadly after 10 years (the last 2 in storage) the gimmick is no longer m......sed and is useless. Any ideas for using in any other way? It seems a waste otherwise.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
112 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2024, crysalis wrote:
the gimmick is no longer m......sed

Try to rem******ze? It can be done when a larger stronger m***** is placed next the weaker. Heating and cooling is another option. Though, that usually does more damage than good.

Lastly, depending on how it is made, replacement of that component.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bag 4 Life question. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL