The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic shops in Sydney (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Soupy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Soupy
I was just wondering whether there is any magic shops in Sydney. I'm new to the scene so I'm not really sure what's out there.

My wife and I stumbled across Davenports Magic in London last year on our honeymoon and had never seen a shop like it before. Just curious to know if there is anything similar a bit closer to home that I could check out.

Thanks, Nathan
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Hey Presto Magic Studio is the only magic shop in Sydney now, details at their website:

http://www.heyprestomagic.com.au/

There was Taylor's Magic Shop but their a online business now, no shop to visit anymore.

http://www.taylorsmagic.com.au/

Magically

Aus
Soupy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Soupy
Thanks Aus, I'll have to check out Hey Presto next time I'm in the city. Shame there is only one left in Sydney.
Kozzi
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Kozzi
I can vouch for Taylors.

Sean and Dianna have looked after me very well and even though they no longer have a bricks-and-motar presence I am comfortable enough in my prior customer experience to let that fly.
yutamaruyama
View Profile
New user
Germany / Japan
2 Posts

Profile of yutamaruyama
I will have a longer stay in Sydney next year. I will definitely visit Hey Presto Magic. Thanks for the information
Soupy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Soupy
Thanks guys, I will have a look at both of them.
ehveedub
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ehveedub
I can't recommend Hey Presto enough.

I was there, for the first time, about a week ago. The clerk - whose name I didn't catch - was really helpful; I was able to talk openly about an effect that I'm working on (an original(?) variation of Cardtoon), and I received a lot of great advice from the guy ... he also put on a quick display of card and ring magic for me.

I was only in there for about 30 minutes or so (due mostly to the fact that the only parking I could find at the time was an over-priced parking garage lol) but if I didn't have that expense hanging over my head, I could have easily stayed longer.

Prior to that visit, I had previously ordered from their online catalogue - really quick delivery - I live west of the Blue Mountains, so in order to receive my package when I did, that must have meant that they had mailed it out by first post (that or Australia Post was just super efficient that week lol - but I'd rather give Hey Presto the credit heh)

:)
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
From Sydney, you can order online with night star magic
James appears very friendly and will answer your email quickly
http://www.nightstarmagic.com.au
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
A question regarding Hey Presto Magic Sydney, If someone would be so kind to answer for me. Has it recently changed hands,It SEEMS it has? and does Gary still have anything to do with the business?
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
I believe it now has new owners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic shops in Sydney (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL