The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Close-up mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Hello Larry,

do you have any thoughts on performing MentalMagic / Mentalism in a strolling or table hopping (horrible term I know..)situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Dave (UK)
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
In my humble opinion, it's not the best venue for a serious mentalist. Good friend Mark Strivings has written books about it. And it works for him. But personally it's not something that I would do. In the performance of mentalism presentation is everything. I admire those who can pull it off. I just find it difficult to sell seriously while hopping from table to table or while strolling. Magic is much more at home in these surroundings. But...to each his own. ;-)
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
So can we surmise from you answer that you purposely avoid those particular type of venues? And if so, what venues would you say are the most ideal for your type of mentalism?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
I love performing in the homes of the rich and not so famous. In other words at society dinner parties. I'm introduced as a guest who does these amazing things. I charge $3500 for an hours performance. If you're interested you must add on travel expenses. ;-)
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Thought you charged more. Bit surprised by that. Heard some rumors about what guys like Max Maven, Tim Conover charges, and that is certainly over what you take. Then again, they are THAT good...
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Tim and Max are worth everything they get. I couldn't agree more. ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Close-up mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL