The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Hiring a scriptwriter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
Hi there guys,

A search of the Café forums revealed that a lot of people write their own scripts. I was just wondering if any of you have any experience of hiring a professional scriptwriter for your complete shows or individual routines?

I'd be interested in your thoughts/ideas etc.

Kind regards
Mike
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Unless you're a pro with a TV series who needs to crank out new material constantly, I cannot see needing to hire a script writer.

If you are having that much trouble scripting one act, that implies a lack of imagination. Imagination is an important aspect of all show-biz, if you do not want to simply be another clone in the crowd.

Why do you ask?

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 07:03, Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
Unless you're a pro with a TV series who needs to crank out new material constantly, I cannot see needing to hire a script writer.

If you are having that much trouble scripting one act, that implies a lack of imagination. Imagination is an important aspect of all show-biz, if you do not want to simply be another clone in the crowd.

Why do you ask?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I must admit it is pure interest on my part, nothing more! Smile

I figured that most of us who post on the Café script routines ourselves, I was interested in hearing of any experiences others may have had of hiring someone.

Kind regards
Mike
Sergeant
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Sergeant
Mike,
Hiring a script writer or even a director can be a great move in your direction if you want to improve your show. They can help you tighten up a good script and make it great. A good director can help you smooth out your performance with ideas that you did not even know exisited.
That is their job. If you have the inclination and money, use them. Comedian's have other people help them wirte and perfect jokes. Actors do not write thier own scripts. Even the tricks we perform were not all invented my ourselves. Ergo, scripting...
I have had directors and script writers help me and it has improved my show greatly.

Sergeant
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Hiring a scriptwriter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL