The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » The Wacky Weasel by Chance Wolf » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Wacky Weasel by Chance Wolf
--------------oOo----------------

Description / Effect:
This is an ACTION PACKED routine, by Arthur Atsma & Chance Wolf, and is guaranteed to bring fun & laughter to both Adults and children alike. The basic routine is very similar to the Classic Snake Basket effect but performed at a much more rapid pace and has a few more animations and features.

The show begins as the Magician asks a spectator to give him a hand with the next trick. A card trick unlike any other as this trick makes use of a WILD ANIMAL!! The magician brings out a Burlap Bag that is THRASHING ABOUT and asks the lady if she would please reach inside and grab the animal as you prepare the Holding Cage. As expected, she refuses and you bravely reach into the bag and withdraw "Wesley the Wacky Weasel". Don't let his sweet looks fool you as he is truly a VISCOUS BEAST! Wesley runs about the magicians body as he is thrown into the BARBED WIRE covered RUSTY BOX and the lid is slammed shut to protect the audience from sure DANGER! Wesley begins to raise trouble throughout the routine as the Magician attempts to demonstrate Wesley's Psychic and Magical Skills

The routine continues with more gags and magical animations including: Burlap Bag gimmicked to thrash about // Lid Rises as Wesley peeks out // Full mechanical control of Wesley rising & lowering // Two Ball Launching units // Chosen Ball is found upon Wesley's Head // Card Launching Device which ejects up to 10 cards // Chosen Card is found in Wesley's Mouth // Sound Chip included making 7 different goofy voices of Wesley // Fake Barb Wire which is soft to the touch but looks DEADLY ( Removable if you prefer )[/b] Marcello Contento Card Fountain Owners please note that the Box has been designed for your MC Card Fountain to drop right in if you choose so!!

Please note that the ENTIRE SYSTEM is completely MECHANICAL as NO BATTERIES are required ( excluding Sound Chip ). In the tradition of the Time-Tested Jack Hughes Snake Basket, all the animations are operated BY HAND as you hold the box. Each trigger mechanism is positioned in a natural location with MINIMAL hand movement if any at all. Ready to perform, in complete confidence, at ANYTIME!
--------------------------------------------------------

I'll start this review by stating right away I'm a big fan of Chance Wolf and his magic creations. His effects are tested to perform in the real world and his unique style (even when applied to classics) stands out from the standard props we are so use to seeing. Add to that the high caliber of quality workmanship and attention to detail that goes into every piece of apparatus he produces and you truly have an item that will not only shine in your show, but is destined to gain value and become something you'll treasure and want to pass on. Smile

So when I received Chance's latest release in the mail, I knew before I even opened the box that whatever was inside, it was going to be something special. It goes without saying that once I opened the box (it took a few minutes because Chance really packs his items well), I was not disappointed.

Once inside, I found all the elements that make up The Wacky Weasel. First, everything comes in a high quality ATC case which not only protects your investment, but allows for easy transportation. You also receive the box, bag, accessories and a DVD of instructions. The box is actually bigger then I imagined from the ads, yet is light enough that holding this with one hand is not a big deal at all. The barbed wire (a nice touch) that surrounds the box looks very real, yet is as harmless as a sponge ball. The design of the box is very clever, hiding a multitude of ingenuis devices that make the whole effect possible. One look inside and it is more then a little obvious that a lot of creative thinking and planning when into the construction of this little box. Smile

The DVD, while not a high end professional magic video, is well put together and is done better then most I see on the market. The disc begins and you see Chance's good friend Arthur Atsma perform the entire routine. I will note that this is done in a studio setting, and I thought he did really well considering there were no audience members to interact with. This trick, is after all dependent on spectators being involved.
You see the full routine (though workers will quickly come up with their own thoughts and ideas) and then Chance takes you on a very logical step-by-step tour of the workings of this mechanical marvel. Trust me, there are a lot of cool gadgets in this bad boy. Smile

Now over the years I have seen many of the classic snake basket props, and even witnessed a few performers using them. However, I was never truly excited. Perhaps its because I hate snakes of any kind? Who knows, but none of the snake baskets I saw ever caught my interest. That aside, the idea of using a cute little weasle did indeed get me interested. Plus, I loved the whole idea of the weasle jumping around in the bag, trying to escape from the box, etc. Since most of my magic has a comedic edge, this trick was very appealing because of all the built in possibilities.

Having said all that, I realize that this set-up is a bit pricey. But when you think about the amount of value this could add to your performance, price is not as big of a factor. If you're going to spend any amount of serious cash on a magic prop, you might as well purchase something that has a lot of value. I personally believe The Wacky Weasel has all that and more. Highly recommended. Smile

---------------------------------------------------------
My rating:

Suggested retail is: $895.00 + s/h

The Wacky Weasel can be ordered directly from Wolf's Magic

You can contact Chance Wolf 24/7 at: magician@wolfsmagic.com

Visit Chance's website to order direct: Click here!

Wolf's Magic
6026 GRAY STREET
WEST RICHLAND, WA.
99353 U.S.A.

Phone: (509) 967-0832
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » The Wacky Weasel by Chance Wolf » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL