The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromp. Card to Sandwich (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
This is an effect I made myself. PM me if you want the workings.

A borrowed deck is taken and shuffled by the spectator, he then passes it to the magician. The magician asks the spec to name two mates (like the two black aces or the red 4S, etc) these can be signed (I don’t usually do this) they are shown and put away to one side. A card is selected and signed. (I usually do this) this is placed into the middle of the deck. You state that this card will transpose to the middle of the two cards already placed aside. They are shaken and a card is seen in-between the two cards. It is the spectators signed card! You show the mates again to make sure nothing gimmicked is going on. These are placed inside the card case. The spectator’s card is put again into the middle of the deck. You get the spectator to shuffle them and cut the deck or whatever. The card case is placed far away and you state the cards are not going to transpose themselves but also penetrate the card case. (And the wall, if you put it in the other room) you get the spectator to open it and take it out, you don’t touch a thing. It is indeed their card. The secound go is more impressive as you don't touch the card case at all.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Sounds great! The second part seems a lot like work from Alexander De Cova where four, and only four, kings are placed inside of the box absolutely by themselves, and the signed card appears in-between.

I've got an incredible impromptu sandwich effect that Chris Kepel came up with based on a move I showed him. You have any two of a kind named and set on top of the deck. The cards are dribbled, and spectator
"stops" for a selection. Remainder of the cards are dropped onto the selection with two of a kind still on top. Spectator cuts the deck, you snap your fingers and spread, showing one face down card (their selection) in-between the other two. Repeated without cutting the deck, snap the fingers, and selection jumps up through the deck in-between the two of a kind cards on top.

I also do a gimmicked version of Vallarino's impromptu Joker sandwich effect that takes it to another level. Two Jokers are laid on the table, (as opposed to Vallarino, two are actually laid down). Card is selected, signed, and put back into the deck. Spread the deck on the table and it is gone.

Spectator did not see you come close to the packet and no way could you have stolen their signed card and slipped it in-between the Jokers. Yet sure enough, the Jokers are picked up, spread, and a face down card is in-between - their signed card.

I used this one when I won Midwest Magic Jubilee close-up contest this year.

I bust both of these out for fun when working at the magic store - never fails to stun the magi. Happy to share.
Derek P. Moore
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
53 Posts

Profile of Derek P. Moore
I've got one where their card transposes from the deck to the bologna on rye in their lunch pail.

Okay, no I don't.

But that's the mental image I had when I first read "Impromp. Card to Sandwich". I thought, "Man, this /has/ to be good." I was lookin' forward to modifying the effect to
"Impromp. Card to Hamburger". Now I'm sad.
Smile
All my posts are anti-copyright 2002 by myself. No rights reserved. Plagiarism is encouraged. Intellectual property is an oxymoron.
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
Hey thats a right idea!!!

Whoa brain wave, see you later

Matt
Nitnat
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Nitnat
Hey Matt

I love the idea behind your animated picture, but can you slow the transition between the cards, it would look much more effective?

Tony
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
That reminds me of a great sandwich routine on Gene Maze's video series. I wouldn't necessarily buy the whole series unless you're okay with lapping but the sandwich is something quite impressive nonetheless. Smile
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
Thanks, regarding my picture, I have to slow it down as it was distracting, and any longer it will be over 15k so I'm in the process of making another one!

Matt
Derek P. Moore
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
53 Posts

Profile of Derek P. Moore
Since Matt PM'd the method o' this lil' trick to me, I've performed it a few times (with absolutely zero practice. [as that's how much practice that's required {if you're compotent with cards}]

For the sheer simplicity of the method, this trick plays great! I was actually suspicious if it'd play so well; but, like the Balducci, you'll continually amaze yourself with how easy it is to fool people.
All my posts are anti-copyright 2002 by myself. No rights reserved. Plagiarism is encouraged. Intellectual property is an oxymoron.
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
Thanks for that derek, Your three card monte is a strong effect too.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromp. Card to Sandwich (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL