The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2005 entrée: Scott Alexander » » Majoke II? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
What were your thoughts and opinions on Majoke Magazine? And given the state of magic today, is it time for Majoke 2?
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Yes please!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

And does anyone have any ideas of what should be parodied in the next issue?
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Things like David Blaine and others who try to pass off endurance stunts with no drama as magic. These things really belong in Guiness.

Harry Potter on stage wtih Penn & Teller.

A mythical magician who has the ethics and empire of Bill Gates, trying to pull in royalties from everyone, everywhere who performs, makes or sells anything that has anything to do with magic. Oh ya, he will even steal tricks without giving credit.

I know it's hard to see when your in the middle of it and much easier to see when you look back, like the styles of the 70's. Now we look at polyester suits, wide collars, mullet hair cuts, and we laugh at ourselves. What kinds of things like this are being done with magic in Vegas, just because it's the style and we think that's what looks best (at least right now)?
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Cris Angel vs. David Blaine Celebrity Death Match refereed by Terry Seabrook and his Imaginary Dog

Penguin Magic sues magician for theft of Intellectual Property!

Magic Castle....Kids Get In Free!
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
A parody on the recent movie “The Incredibles” but instead of a family of super hero’s this could be a family of magicians called “The Topits”.

The father was forced into the witness protection program after crazed fans created so many riots and mayhem it was using to much of Homeland Securities time.

The children had their own magical powers but were getting in trouble at school for things like: pulling lunch money out of the other kids ears, mind reading answers for test, disappearing from class.

A crazed fan that got snubbed could grow up to be an evil magician.

This stuff could be fun.
What is Kings Fool?
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

That sounds less like something for Majoke and more like something for the movies! You should write the screenplay!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
I agree with CWMoss that would be halarious
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
You could do Bob Kooler's low quality magical productions and have styrofoam shells, the final answer lemon (thats all it is just a lemon, no instuctions included) and viscosity ( not sure exactly but I think this one should involve the spectators drinking motor oil)

Adam
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

PDML!
(Peeing down my leg!)
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I've heard there's a new trick called Lemon in Bill. (Bill's pretty irate about it too.)

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Okay, I'll work on the screenplay, maybe you could get Alan Wassilak (Basil the Baffling and Chloe) to do the cartoon strip.

I didn't have the pleasure of reading Majoke, so I'm not sure exactly what your looking for. But keeping with parody, how about this?

Since reading books and speed reading did not work for him, George W. Bush seeks the advice of Max Mavine to see if Mental Reading would work for him.
What is Kings Fool?
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
Joe Pauper, cheaper versions of expensive effects

An interview with 'stiff robbie' the innovator in magic who moans about alex scottander, harry benis and others who just rip off ideas

There has to be an IBM 'letter' advert in there

Advert for an auction of a rare 2005 poster of the great bobbi fun hour show.

Inside Out - Crane levitation

Easy to Master Swami Miracles

Reviewed - Adult balloon models for the childrens entertainer

Bullet Catch - See the x-rays of the bullets lodged in the skull

and so much more that would be filtered out on this forum Smile
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Funny stuff... I love the Joe Pauper one!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
New All Black Bicycles the Advark deck. The backs are black the faces are black, with black pips and face designs, the border on the back is black, in fact it is just all black. Ideal for nights, eclipses of the sun, blackouts, perfect camoflague for manipulators who wear darth vader costumes

The New topit, unlike the old fashion designs this uniquely is worn on the outside of the jacket making it a lot easier to use

Magicians complain about lack of exposure on TV, too many pure magic shows

The masked magician exposes the 21 card trick, Copperfield and Burton file lawsuit

Kozak vodka pour gimmick....holds a double

The Final Answer....lemon in Bill Malone.

There is also Bill Clintons Signed Cigar trick....fill in the blanks yourselves
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
Whit Haydens Magic Snapper routine - comes with 3 lines of unclear instructions, no diagrams, this has not been tested in the real world. Snapper manufactured from high grade plastic, perfect rubber bands included. Comes in ziplock carry bag.

Eye brow tips for magicians

Colour changing merkins

Hang em hign illusion, 5 nooses are given out to the audience to examine, 4 volunteers take to the stage and are give a free selection (no forcing) the magician takes the final noose, they place them around the neck and stand on a bench (not provided). When the bench is kicked away only one noose will break, the magicians. Using a cunning new principle that we have perfected through many performances and have specially manufactured.

Bob Kohlers Golden Showers DVD - Three Shell Game featuring the perfect pee. Bob Kohler has honed and performed this routine in every possible professional scenario, from corporate events to private functions and it never fails to amaze. (sorry bob!)
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Really funny! I had actually thought of the golden shower one too!

What's another name for a merkin? Faux - gina!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
Wonder swear words - Kenton Pepper Understand the power of cussing, change a passive sentence into active with a simple word. Used by many of the great childrens entertainers, this is the secret they don't want you to know.

BTW Scott in case you hadn't guessed I would love to see another Majoke!

Drive thru window magic - the untapped market
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2005 entrée: Scott Alexander » » Majoke II? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL