The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Looking for Portable street magic table - briefcase table. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gordon Pail
View Profile
New user
Chicago
54 Posts

Profile of Gordon Pail
Hi guys,

I need some help here. I have been looking high and low for the briefcase table where it looks exactly like a briefcase and it transform to a table (like a folding table).

For those who had seem rudy coby shows, I believe that you guys know what I m talking about. Rudy Coby Performs this in his opening act where he take a briefcase and changes to a table when he opens the briefcase. So I was wondering does anybody have any information or link to get this briefcase table.

Thanks alot

Gordon
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I place my briefcase on top of a bar stool, transforming it into a portable table. Inside the case is a close-up pad that I then put on top of the briefcase. I picked up both items at a flea market for less than $10.

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Gordon, I have come up with a table/case combo that I will be selling as well as teaching you how to make it on a DVD. The DVD will be released through Penguin Magic later this year (I know, a lot of you guys don't like Penguin but they are more ethical than you give them credit for). It converts an aluminum tool case into a great street/stand-up table.

I have used this set up for several years and it is incredible.

PM me an I will give you more of the details if you are interested.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Gordon
I use an aluminum brief case on a jump stool (which always gets a big laugh). You can find the brief case on ebay for around $20, and there is a fine wooden jump stool advertised at this forum under "what's cooking" for under $100. It's not what you asked for, but it's what I use.
See Ya
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Gordon Pail
View Profile
New user
Chicago
54 Posts

Profile of Gordon Pail
Thanks JoeJoe, Tommy K and Juggleal,

Thanks for the kind and fast reply.

JoeJoe - The idea that you provided is fast, simple and cheapest way to do a stool table with a close up pad in the briefcase. This idea is very improvise but I am looking for something which is more professional looking suitecase table or should I say Briefcase Table. Thanks for you help anyway. Take Care.

Tommy K - Great to hear from you that you have created something special for those buskers and serious performer who is looking pack small and play big stuff. I am very interested in your stuff. If possible pls pm me for more information and email stuff. Thanks

Juggleral - Seems like you are a person who likes to DIY. Well I m also intersted in you briefcase on jump stool. If Possible can you pm me ur email and info. So we can start discussing about your idea.

Best Regards
Gordon
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There are a lot of things that will work to put a briefcase on: a folding stool, a restaurant tray stand, a tripod with the flange backed by a block of wood or a TV tray.
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 11:49, tommy k wrote:
Gordon, I have come up with a table/case combo that I will be selling as well as teaching you how to make it on a DVD. The DVD will be released through Penguin Magic later this year (I know, a lot of you guys don't like Penguin but they are more ethical than you give them credit for). It converts an aluminum tool case into a great street/stand-up table.

I have used this set up for several years and it is incredible.

PM me an I will give you more of the details if you are interested.

Sounds interesting do you know the exact date it will be on penguin? Do you have any pictures of it?
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Michael, thanks for the interest in the case/DVD. It should be released any time now. They are in the final stages of the creation of the menu. Once that is done it will be out soon after.

As far as pictures are concerned I will put several of them up on my website at the same time as the DVD is released. I can PM you with the particulars (and pictures) when the time nears.

Thanks again.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
That sounds cool, tommy. I'll definitely check it out.
Fort worth Magic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Fort worth Magic
I used an old aluminum briefcase and a eurick table base, have only used it for a couple of shows but seens to be working pretty well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Looking for Portable street magic table - briefcase table. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL