The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Mnemonic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Hi Max,

A while ago a friend of mine gave me a book that teaches about the art of mnemonic. Have you ever used or studied this technic? I've never seen someone performing mnemonic tricks before, so I can't tell were can this whole mnemotecnic stuff can lead me to. I've only studied the Tamariz's aproach to the subject, but he doesn't go deep in it cause' he only uses the principle to help memorize his deck. Perhaps you know more about it...

Pablo
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
I use mnemonic techniques all the time, particularly Number Alphabet, which is very handy for memorizing phone numbers and hotel rooms.

I have done legit memory routines, mostly in my nightclub repertoire.
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Wow, if you use it that's plenty for me...

The book I have is from Wincelao Ciuró (a spanish magician), and it's very old. What book could you recomend me to read besides that one?

Thanks for the reply... (someday I'll tell my grandchildren you replied a post of mine Smile)

Cheers,
Pablo Leal

www.magopabloleal.com
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
Unfortunately, I do not know any books to suggest that are in Spanish, and the English texts have ideas that won't translate directly. The Harry Lorayne books are still among the best around.

There is also "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Improving Your Memory," by Michael Kurland and Richard Lupoff. I forget who it was, but someone with some expertise on the topic was the advisor and wrote the introduction.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. It was me.
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Thanks again Max

Pablo

www.magopabloleal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Mnemonic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL