The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Mockingbird - Which kind of OTHER OUTCOME? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Max,

I was tempted not to ask you the following. But it has been too long since I wanted to ask you (since when I did watch your tapes for the first time, many years ago) and so I will go ahead.

Which kind of other outcome / finale you were ready to present in case your participant had chosen the Ace of Spades (the card you take as example in your speech patter) ?

I see you almost abruptly changing your pace / tempo of speech and increasing it when delivering to him the "If you have chosen the Ace of Spades, say it now so that we can quickly end the routine" and meanwhile you did put your right hand in your pocket (and that to me it immediately appeared as a sort of "get-ready" for something different to follow if HE had indeed chosen the Ace of Spades).

Of course, in the filmed routine HE did not choose the Ace of Spades and thus you immediately "relaxed" your muscle tension (especially your face muscles relaxed) and went on with the full routine.

But... because in the tapes you don't explain what you would have done in that 1 out of 52 case... I assume it could have been anything, from pocket writing to produce some unequivocable proof you knew that in advance...

Also, I wonder how many / few people have asked you that since it seems everyone is "bitching" about Kurotsuke or Positive-Negative that, instead, I NEVER had problems with. Your explanations were thourough and clear, but people, probably out of disattention, missed some steps.

Thank you.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
I don't have an out for the ace of spades situation. (I haven't watched the tape in a long time, but if I put my hand in my pocket it was simply a rest pose; there was nothing in the pocket.)

If the spectator ever does pick the aces of spades (which, in that routine, has yet to happen), I suppose I'll think of something viable.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Well, the timing you did the whole thing with, was making me think you were ready for a U Turn (so to speak) but, if you say that was not the case, then I double my congratulations to you for appearing ready to do something "sneaky" when you're not (and, probably, viceversa!) Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Mockingbird - Which kind of OTHER OUTCOME? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL