The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bringing new life to old magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardMSG
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of CardMSG
One thing I've been playing with are ways to incorporate good biblical messages into everyday effects. Using different storylines and patter to go along with certain effects like Triumph, Ambitious Card, vanishing objects, IT, and so on...

If you think about what you're doing in Triumph, for example, you can easily incorporate another message into that. One I really like is the old "oil and water" card trick, in the context of a "good vs. evil" mixing, but ultimately seperating out with one on top. Even better, they separate out, then all turn into the "good" cards.

Just some ideas and, of course, the patter is much more involved than what I've described, but it's just an easy way to add great teachings and meaning to your magic. It's also a great way to witness to others.

I went to Branson, MO over the summer and saw Kirby Van Burch, who at first, seemed like every other stage magician. The shocker came at the end, after the big illusion finally, he sat down, dimmed the lights and did a very simple effect talking about how the only true magic in life, when it's all said and done, is our impact on people, God's impact on us, and the glory that awaits us...

Have a blessed day!
Mike Guerra

CardMSG | Magic
Close-up Magic at your Fingertips!
--
www.cardmsg.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
CardMSG,

I was in Branson in March, and saw a magician. Don't remember the name, but did some things near the end that made me think Kirby is the guy I saw. Did he talk about his grandmother during this? I rememeber that he sat out on the front of the stage and talked.

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
CardMSG
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of CardMSG
To be honest, I don't remember if he mentioned his grandmother or not. At Kirby's show, we thought his final illusion was where he made a full size helicopter appear on stage. Turns out, after that big illusion, he turned the lights nearly out and sat on a stool near the center of the stage and did a "cut & restored" rope effect with a length of glowing thread. It was then, that he gave a great message of salvation...
Mike Guerra

CardMSG | Magic
Close-up Magic at your Fingertips!
--
www.cardmsg.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bringing new life to old magic. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL