The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I like to use my ID with a thought transmitter so I don't even have to have them name the card out loud. I used this presentation with my dad and he said "scary."
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I think that the ID is great. I know that many people in my area already know how it works from friends of theirs at school that show them how it is doen, so I can't use it too often, but with someone who hasn't seen it it is amazing.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why use a setup? Just put the even reds and odd blacks one way (cards are back to back) and the 2s are backed with the other 2s, etc. You spread cards with the faces of the named card's side toward you, you come to the named card, which you are looking at, and separate for the climax.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Pete

I must agree. I have used this setup for over 25 years in both regular cards and in jumbo cards. I played with other setups but this is simple, no math in your head and nothing to remember.

I use ID in almost every show.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Pete,
I like that idea. Maybe I'll be switching my ID around later today. Thanks!!

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Pete, what a fantastic idea... I am slightly dyslexic and never was good at math... every now and then, my brain hiccups on the traditional set up. There's nothing worse than pulling out the wrong card from the I-deck... The only good "out" I can think of is having the correct card shaved on the side of a Bengal tiger!

I think I'll switch over... Thanks for the great suggestion.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
For another great idea with the ID you should check out Jim Sisti's lecture notes. I found a routine in there and I believe he credits Danny Tong for this version. You fan the deck face up for a spectator to "JUST LOOK AT A CARD". Then close the spread. Say that you are going to read their mind and figure out what card they looked at. You then put the deck behind your back as you say that you are pulling out one card and reversing it somewhere near the middle. Bring the deck back out and then ask them to name their card. Now do the standard ID find the reversed card trick and it will be the one they just looked at. If anyone doesn't know how to get into this set up you should contact Jim or check out the Magic Menu books I believe he put it in there also.
IMO- This is a lot stronger than having them just name a card. I use this all the time in my strolling work and I even have 2 people look at cards and I get them reversed the same way.

Shaun R
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-06-25 15:55, Pete Biro wrote:
Why use a setup? Just put the even reds and odd blacks one way (cards are back to back) and the 2s are backed with the other 2s, etc. You spread cards with the faces of the named card's side toward you, you come to the named card, which you are looking at, and separate for the climax.

Everyone loves the ID. I never used it because I could never remember the cards. Mr. Biro, this is an fantastic idea.
~Joe
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I've done ID for 18 years and love Pete's idea of setting up the cards. Fantastic!!
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 10:12, ross welford wrote:
I make my own with a can of roughing fluid and a deck of cards. I've heard that only roughing the centre of the cards helps separate them, but I've never found it a problem.

I haven't heard of only roughing the middle but I do lay my cards out and put a one inch piece of masking tape across the center of the cards so that the top and bottom are roughed and the middle is not. It makes it much easier to separate. When you come to the card just move your thumb to the center of the card and it just comes apart. It's worked for me. I pick up my roughing spray at the hobby shop and it lasts for ever!
Enjoy!
Joe Comet
Joe Comet
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks folks, I just found my Mini I.D. and will start doing my old routine with a purse frame again.

Funny how we have stuff around and it gets forgotten, but messages here spart anew the interest.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Right, time to get me an I.D. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions guys.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL