The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hot Shot Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
aranaza
View Profile
New user
London, England
53 Posts

Profile of aranaza
Easy to learn. Hard to master!!!
Can't wait till I do.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I have seen it taught in AOA and Practical Methods. I think the Practical methods version is a little cleaner on the cut.
Arellion
View Profile
New user
England
26 Posts

Profile of Arellion
There are many variations of the hot shot cut in circulation. The practical method one is relatively simple compared to a lot of others.
aranaza
View Profile
New user
London, England
53 Posts

Profile of aranaza
3 weeks of solid, all my spare time practicing, and now I have mastered the hot shot cut. Can do it every time, no problems.
magicity
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of magicity
Daryl teaches it on the new xtreme beginnerz dvd from superhandz. Here is the information on it:

http://www.xtremehandz.com/catalog/item/1177704/920822.htm
J.A
View Profile
New user
Singapore
7 Posts

Profile of J.A
I noticed no one mentioned this, when trying to shoot the card out, kepp your left hand relaxed and don't clamp down on the deck.There should be approximately 1-1.5 cm of space between the two packets. This allows the card to spring out faster and hence spin more and shoot further. It's not a very good explanation but give it a try and practice.
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
I'm only familiar with the version that Paul Harris briefly teaches on the second of his "Stars of Magic" videos. The problem I'm having with the cut comes right at the moment in which the two halves of the deck "clear" each other. It seems that everytime I try performing the flourish, the lower left hand corner of the bottom half gets stuck midway down the right long side of the upper half (could be a result of all the "straggler" cards that don't quite seperate neatly into the top and lower half). This forces me to increase the pressure being applied by my index finger on the top half, and as a result, as soon as the upper half clears the lower half and the pressure is released all the cards being held by my middle, ring, and pinky finger all flop to the floor. has anyone had this particular problem? How did you solve it?
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Hmmm…. Can’t say I’ve had that problem…. But perhaps I can help anyway…. Try watching the video on the card shooting web page ..

http://www.cardshooting.go.to/

The Video is under “Middle Finger” Shooting.

Now for starters, make sure you get a very clean break by using your index finger to drop half the deck versus rolling your thumb to drop half your deck. Don’t give it enough time for the bottom half to fall to your palm, stick your index finger inbetween the top left corner of bother packets. Use your middle finger and thumb to rotate the top packet. The bottom packet will rest between your pinky and index finger. Swing the top packet. Bend the index finger over the top packet, and push the bottom packet with the pinky, to “Ride Up” your index finger. Now the bottom packet is the top and the top is the bottom.

That takes you to where you need to learn to shoot the card out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hot Shot Cut (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL