The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sandman
View Profile
New user
Texas
98 Posts

Profile of sandman
If I were to produce a dove from newspaper ie Lance Burton style, is there anything else I would need to buy other than the dove bag that look likes newspaper? Thank you for your support. SANDMAN
Presentation is 99% of all magic
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sandman, dove bags are somewhat like thumb tips. If you use them correctly, it doesn't matter what color they are as they are never seen. One time while doing the newspaper production, I got the wrong bag which turned out to be red and noone knew the difference. I wouldn't want to do it all the time that way but it does work. Just thought I'd throw that in. Anyway, the production from newspaper is the same as a production from a silk so if you know what's required for that, you're all set.

Sorry for the vagueness but I want to limit the exposure as much as possible.
Where the magic begins
Illusionist01
View Profile
New user
Michigan
12 Posts

Profile of Illusionist01
As far as I'm concerned, all you need is the dove bag and a piece of newspaper obviously. But there is also one more thing, lots and lots of PRACTICE.
Alan "Ace" James
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dave,

For the last few years I have used a white one with newspapers. No problem!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
I agree with Bob. I've always used a white one.

James
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Sandman,
Dave S is correct. Done correctly, no one should even see the h******. The only thing I would add is make the effect yours. i.e. Think outside the box. It is a wonderful effect, and done correctly, a true joy to watch! Good luck!
Tony
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi Sandman,

There is newsprint patterned cloth out there if you look. I made a harness out of it for my production.

You might also consider the Slydini Torn and Restored Newspaper for doing this effect (less to deal with than the Anderson T & R). Plays very strong.

All the best,

Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL