The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comic burglar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
I am developing an act as a Burglar.
The act will start as a high tech Burglar full of gadgets gets into an office.
Halfway through, it turns into comedy, as all starts to go wrong and things run uncontrolled, with props falling apart, etc...

Any ideas/concepts or possible tricks that could apply to this concept?
Even gags and bits of business would be appreciated.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
You could use the Pearl Neclace tricks...Where you make the pearls dissappear by putting them into your bag of stollen objects and then pulling them out after you had escaped...but you could not pull them out because they had dissappeared! So you go back to the stand they were displayed on and there they sit...

You could rig the scene up to look like a window display.

You could also do an effect with the crown Jewel illusion!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
How about you have a safe. You play it like you have the combination, written on flash paper. You open the safe but accidentlly lock something personal in there like your wallet. When you go back to check the combination, for some reason you need a light to see it, the paper burns up. Then you get scared because you know something that could link you to the crime is in there and you can't get it out.

I'm sure you could rig the safe to make things appear and disappear as needed whenever you open and close it. But the personal item has to be the last thing in the safe before you loose the combination.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
You have a door frame and door with a lock. You take out your lock picking set and pick the lock. As you pull the door knob, it keeps coming and coming (appearing pole that matches the door knob).

Alarm goes off... You pull it off the wall, and it's still going off... You put into a pllow case, or other cloth that you've gathered up the four corners of and it vanishes and the alarm sound stops. (Devils Hank)

A trunk, or big box (or a safe like mentioned above) is used to collect your goodies or remove things from during the course of the act. At the end of the act, a second person costumed as police officer appears from the box/safe and cuffs you, then leads you off the stage (false ending). Then momentarily, you step back out on the stage, twirling the cuffs on your finger, pick up a TV or other object, and run off the oposite side of the stage as a siren is heard in the background...

There is also an effect with a flashlight in which a silk and the batteries in the flashlight transpose... This could certainly be worked in... Can't remember the name of the effect at the moment, I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

Music suggestions: Pink Panther, Mission Impossible... music switches to Bad Boys whe the police officer arrests you...

Lyndel
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Very interesting ideas.
I will for sure use some of them.
thanks a lot. at least I have a start now.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
- Miser's Dream - You run out space to put coins

- Clatter box as safe - It blows up as suggested above

- Rich Marotta's Mugged but in reverse. - You are steal various and the all vanish back to where they came from

- Bang/Sausage/Water/breakway Pistol

- Handcuff escape

- Spring Money

-A big box that says crown jewels. You reach in and through a hole in the bottom and grab your....never mind.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
The big box with the hole in the bottom will be in for sure!!!
I know they will love it especially the ladies Smile
felix501
View Profile
Regular user
Lewes, England
134 Posts

Profile of felix501
You steal a pearl necklace which comes apart and then you slip on them and fall on your butt
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
A trunk, or big box (or a safe like mentioned above) is used to collect your goodies or remove things from during the course of the act. At the end of the act, a second person costumed as police officer appears from the box/safe and cuffs you, then leads you off the stage (false ending). Then momentarily, you step back out on the stage, twirling the cuffs on your finger, pick up a TV or other object, and run off the oposite side of the stage as a siren is heard in the background...

This one would be a GREAT ending......Beautiful in my opinion.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Thank you White Angel!

I'm an idea man!

Lyndel
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I have a very funny poem called "The Old Maid's Burglar" that you might work in for a comedy aside. PM me if you want it and I'll email it to you.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
The police officer could cuff you using the Houdini Shackels and you could do an escape routine without going off stage or you can be shackled stuffed into a sub trunk by the officer and you can escape by doing a metamophasis routine
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Another vote for mugged with moratta
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
jonthewierdo
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of jonthewierdo
ONe liner=

Where are you from?

(they answer)

that's funny me dads a burglar as well and hes working in your area tonight!

Oh an dobviously do any pickpocketing gags as they would tie in also
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
As the officer cuffs you, you reach with the hand he just cuffed (now free) to help him with the other hand, and then do the same thing, so he's cuffing one hand ofter another, if that makes sense..in other words, you keep freeing one hand at a time.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Quote:
You steal a pearl necklace which comes apart and then you slip on them and fall on your butt

great idea. I'm using this one for sure!
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
One person came to mind: The Hamburglar from Mcdonalds..... hehehe
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comic burglar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL