The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "murder by Mail"Docc Hilford ? Need Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
[sorry to dig up an old thread]

Just read this amazing effect for the first time. Wow! I have read thousands of magic books and magazines over the past 20 years. And this might be the strongest effect I have come across. Just the very idea of it!

So - I am firstly looking for pointers for nice headline prediction methods for use here. Since I feel there will be better methods than the one Docc Hilford provides.

Also - I think you might want the spectator to hold the box for three days. Since - it can take awhile before an death is recorded and written up in a newspaper. That is my thinking anyway.

Would love to hear from others about this wonderful effect!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Maybe I can answer my own question here. I am thinking of using this presentation with the method for PostMentalism by Alvo Stockman.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...and rather than it be dark, why not predict the birth of a baby instead...sa you first got an inkling that two people were enjoying themselves nine months previously...
I've asked to be banned
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 13:48, IAIN wrote:
...and rather than it be dark, why not predict the birth of a baby instead...sa you first got an inkling that two people were enjoying themselves nine months previously...

That's great! Smile

I wanted to do the original presentation but my wife ( who in these things is wiser than me) said it would be in poor taste. I didn't agree with her at all then, but I didn't do it; I think I made the right choice.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I can't seem to find the necessary items for Post Mentalism.
any pointers anyone?

Nice idea Iain, as always.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Kenton Knepper recommends using disappearing ink quilting/fabric pens (see amazon or ebay).

I haven't tried it myself yet, though.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I have Band of the Hand for sale down in the book for sale section if anyone is interested.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Hi

I am resurrecting this thread again, I cannot find this effect anywhere, can anyone suggest where I can find Band of the hand or the effect itself Murder by mail?

Thanks all

RH
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
RH,

It's in the New Invocation Vol. 3 (which I just sold 2 months ago). It is called "Mail Order Gris-Gris" in that tome.

I believe that it's also in Jim Magus' book, The Arcana of Bizarre Magick at Lulu. Here's the link: http://www.lulu.com/shop/jim-magus/arcan......157.html
It's a great reference book.

Here's food for thought:
Last week I was preparing to perform this at my place of work. It needs at least 2 days to actually perform it. I was about to do Part 1 ('set-up') on Thursday. On Thursday, I chickened-out because that morning the girl that I was going to do it for told me that her ex-husband (the father of her son) died. I figured it was a "sign" not to do it.

I do have a really easy method to perform it based on a Bob Cassidy idea.

Just thought I'd try to help.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, Marqus wrote:
RH,

It's in the New Invocation Vol. 3 (which I just sold 2 months ago). It is called "Mail Order Gris-Gris" in that tome.

I believe that it's also in Jim Magus' book, The Arcana of Bizarre Magick at Lulu. Here's the link: http://www.lulu.com/shop/jim-magus/arcan......157.html
It's a great reference book.

Here's food for thought:
Last week I was preparing to perform this at my place of work. It needs at least 2 days to actually perform it. I was about to do Part 1 ('set-up') on Thursday. On Thursday, I chickened-out because that morning the girl that I was going to do it for told me that her ex-husband (the father of her son) died. I figured it was a "sign" not to do it.

I do have a really easy method to perform it based on a Bob Cassidy idea.

Just thought I'd try to help.

Thanks Marqus,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I am very grateful for the links, I am also going to put a call out for the original booklet in the market place.

I have read that you need to be sensitive when performing this as it is a very powerful act, thanks for sharing your experience with it.

all the best

RH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "murder by Mail"Docc Hilford ? Need Info (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL