The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Routine roll call (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
Reading the stage name, "Cowboymagicman" made me wonder what kind of routine does he have?

And I thought, it might be instructive if other people chimed in with their own past and present routines. Please include any and all wisdom you have gleaned.

If I were to answer my own question, I would say I do not have a routine as of yet. My plan is, to present Cups and Balls with strong audience participation for the street and a three card Monte exhibition for those jaded niteclubbers I meet every night. I was at a magazine party last night and saw how a cardboard box (Table) in chi-chi surroundings might just go over. I have to learn a Bronx accent, if I want to be convincing(I think).
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
You are on to something! Character is one of my biggest passions.. and yes Cowboymagicman as my screen name indicates, is my character... think of the 1880's eastern gambler who came to fleece the west! The non-gun fighter, who gets forced into matches, because of his mouth, hands (poker and faro) and his audacity. Yes the accent is concocted, and the clothes are purchased, but the heart of the character is me. My venue for the street is wild west classics and anywhere a cowboy would stand out in the crowd! (and believe me I stand out!)

Your routine should fit you character, my cups and balls are "cups and bullets". You have ideas, and if you need to bounce them off us, here's where to do it! Good Luck!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Routine roll call (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL