The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Origami Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I had been waiting for this opportunity.
I believe that origami can live many magic tricks, and have come up with a few ideas. I had hoped others here may have some ideas of their own to share.
The origami I enjoy and do almost exclusively is the purist type, square paper only no cutting, tearing or drawing. But any will do really, it is only my preference.

I have been developing a cups and balls routine, let me explain what it consists of, sans exposure.

(I start three ahead) I show 3 cups and one 4"X4" square of paper, I say: I will now show you my great origami skill! Roll it up into a ball, and say: Look! a Ball. (Old joke)
Then I go into the routine, the paper ball reappearing in different cups etc. then all three cups have a ball. Typical routine. However as my final(?) load I have three miniature Origami birds. I use a peacock, Dove, Robin. set them on the top of the cup light them and they go up in a flash (Flash Paper, of course). Then as I lift the cups at last, there are the larger representatives under the cups, that I then give away.

My other related thought is to have three origami boxes as a final load, there are a wide variety, and have a candy in each. Assuming the atmosphere is correct for such.

I have many other Ideas, but I won't make this too long, in case this does develop interest.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
You can make a cube from a playing card. I saw it in an old issue of Magic Mag. It was illustrated by Earle Oaks. You tear the card in half and fold a each half into a top and bottom that have tabs on them to hold the cube together. You could make four cubes (use glue to hold them as they tend to come apart) out of 4 cards. Might work.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Origami Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL