The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Michael Sibbernsen's Technicolor Sponge Balls » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
For years magicians have used those little red balls to amuse and amaze spectators the world over. Why not, the balls are soft, cute, and a lot of fun to play with. Besides, I've yet to see a spectator (especially females) who do not react to sponge balls in nothing but a positive way. Smile

My curiosity was peeked when Mr. Sibbernsen asked if I would check out his latest offering. The fact that several colored balls were being used was enough to say; "Yes!"
So I offer you, the reader, a peek at what I received. Smile

Michael Sibbernsen's Technicolor Sponge Balls
---------------oOo-----------------

Effect: The performer removes a red sponge ball from his pocket, places it on the table and magically saws it in half with his finger to create two sponge balls. The balls then proceed to vanish, multiply, change color, and then for a finale, they vanish altogether!

------------------------------------

Sponge balls are fun to play with, even if all you ever use them for are loads for your favorite Cups and Balls routine, or if you own a cat. Thankfully, the routine that Michael has put together will insure those little sponges will find a way into your regular set, and never need to see the inside of those cups, or feel the wrath of fury feet! Smile

Michael's Technicolor Sponge Balls is a well constructed routine that not only involves the spectator on a personal level, but is a lot of fun to do.

While the various effects will seem pretty familiar, using old standards such as the sawing a ball into two balls, and playing the one in the hand, two in the pocket game, the routine is thought out rather well, and I just love the idea of the balls changing color. Combine this with some of your other sponge ball moves and ideas, and you have some really exciting magic. For you table hoppers already doing sponge balls, the addition of Michaels ideas will be a welcomed breath of fresh air. Smile

The trick is available as a complete package, which includes printed instructions, four 1 1/2" Goshman Super Soft Ultra Bright Sponge Balls (2" balls available at No extra cost) and a CD-Rom which holds an extra set of instructions and a 20 minute video showing all the moves and the complete routine. There is also a Download version available, supply your own sponge balls.

When I received the complete package from Mike, the four balls appeared to be flat. Not to worry, they are sponge ya know! A quick trip to the kitchen sink, a little water, and presto! Good as new. Smile

The printed instructions cover the basic ideas and moves, and for the advanced performer, that's probably all that is needed. However, for the beginner, the CD-Rom will prove to be invaluable, and I recommend any neophytes to give it a few viewings. Smile

While this is not the greatest trick on earth, I do think it's not only good value for the money, but something that you can actually use in the real world when performing for a lay audience, that is fun to do, and will keep your spectators entertained. After all, isn't that what magic is suppose to be about? Worth your consideration.

My rating:

Suggested Retail:
Complete package $16.00 + $3.85 priority postage.
Download version $ 8.00 (Does not include balls or CD-Rom)
Available from Michael's website: Click here!

You can also contact Mike directly at:
info@waterloomagic.com

Checks or money orders (U.S. funds) can be mailed to:

Michael Sibbernsen 1503 Hammond Ave Waterloo, Ia. 50702
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Michael Sibbernsen's Technicolor Sponge Balls » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL