The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zimmerman base? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Now...are there drawings somewhere about how to build the Zimmerman base? I would like to build it on my own and pay only for performance rights.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Well its more of a concept than some blueprint kicking around out there. Just use the magic #'s (the number in which one hides someone) There are many TYPES of zimmerman bases. . Just need to design one Smile
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Do I need mirrors or anything like that while building it or does it require BA or something similar...etc. Any clues and help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks Smile
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

So, you're asking how a Zimmerman base works. I'd suggest calling Dick Zimmerman as this concept is his and would be for him to explain its workings. IE WHAT a Zimmerman base is and how it works. Typically the Zimmerman base does not use B/A OR mirrors.

~R.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I'm with Ryan...Call Dick Zimmerman.
I actually worked on a concept and illusion design with Ryan that utilized the Zimmerman base. I spoke with Dick about it and was treated very nicely.
He does charge a fee to use his creation.
SK
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Zimmerman's a fantastic individual, and offers a great price for the fee - Good luck
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
I think that when it came out the plans and rights were about five or six hundred dollars and that was maybe 20+ years ago
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I'm pretty sure that that price is still the same - Dick sells the concept and delivers with it samples of its use.( Pictures and diagrams and such )
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Ok, I know I am going to sound stupid. I am not asking how it is done nor do I want to know. I am just wanting to know an illusion that I might see in the real world of magic. So then I might be able to understand what it looks like.
thanks
Mike
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Here's one for sale (auction) as well as a photo. And you get the performing rights with it.

http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/illusion_pg5.htm

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Phone nr. of Zimmerman in this case? Anyone knows? You can PM me then...thanks Smile

Posted: Jan 14, 2006 5:13pm
Anyone at all? :S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zimmerman base? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL