The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Doves to girl type illusion! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there are plans for this available? I don't use doves, but I want to incorporate an appearance of my assistant at the end of my fast paced "small" type magic routine!

Thanks

Sean
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Sean,

Have you checked out Poltergeist ? You can end your routine by changing anything that will fit in the box into a girl.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......eist.htm

Best,

Tim
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Hmmmmmmm doves to girl sounds very Frewinish .. I don't think I would be going there. Kinda his signature move, don't you think?
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Blamo Box...Simple and quick.
James
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
There was also one out by Rich Hill (correct me if I'm wrong on the name) that was a modified Palanquin illusion that looked sort of cage-like and changed the doves to a girl.

Matt
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Then you always have the Gemini Cage.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 14:03, Johnnie Blaze wrote:
Hmmmmmmm doves to girl sounds very Frewinish .. I don't think I would be going there. Kinda his signature move, don't you think?

I agree...thats why I mentioned "any animal". Sean also mentioned he doesn't work with doves.
I've seen Greg do his doves to girl many times and it still floors me. It's definitly a " signature move" for him and rightly so.

Best,

Tim
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a cage like this marketed a few years back? I remember seeing a video sales tape of the effect, manufactured by a firm in Las Vegas. Was that the 'Gemini Cage'? And could that be what you are looking for?

I also seem to remember print ads for the same effect in Genii and Magic.

A little research should put you on the right track.

Other than that--

Depending on your act and the 'working environment' I have a few 'assistant productions' that might work. PM me and I will be happy to tell you about them.

Good luck in your search.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Johnnie Blaze,

As Tim as stated I don't use doves and I have been doing this routine for around 4 years and I'm constantly looking at it and adding/taking away things from it. For a while I've wanted to produce my assistant at the end of it! In the current routine I produce a large silk ribbon at the end and then produce a beer bottle from this!

I want to then ditch this in the production table/box and produce my girl with the silk ribbon wrapped around her holding the beer bottle!

I have seen various doves, livestock to girl routines. Even one guy doing a modern twist using a microwave! (Can't remember his name!)

Frewin uses a completly different method to what I want and Greg designed his version! Also his routine is based completly around his doves!

I am in no way wanting or trying to do what Greg does as you rightly said, his doves routine is probably his signature effect. But are there not hundreds of other magicians worldwide doing a doves routine, producing their assistant at the end?

Anyway hope that clears that up.

Tim, I like your idea with the poltergeist illusion! Just trying to think how I could use it with this routine! I suppose I could ditch everything I've produced into the clear box and then change it to the girl! I would probably want to use the whole poltergeist thing to its full though!

Are there any plans out there for this type of illusion....?(And I don't mean Peter's poltergeist illusion!!) Bearing in mind I don't want a cage! It will need to look more like a working table (the doves to girl type illusion or something similar I could make to look like a table).

Thanks for all your input so far.

Sean
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Sean,

Email Peter and he'll go into the idea sooner. I've just ordered a poltergeist illusion from him and we were discussing various twists on how the illusion can be done. It's not my place to go into method but Peter will. You may find that this prop is perfect for what you are talking about.

Best,

Tim
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Thanks Tim,

I know someone here in the UK who bought it from Peter and last I heard he was selling it as he no longer uses it in his show! I think I might give him a call!

Sean
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
There is the bird to girl cage that Joseph Gabriel made popular (using a cockatoo). I believe Bill Smith is the authorized builder of this.

Cris
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Creative Illusions once had a doves to girl illusion. Very cool effect.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Are there any plans available though for this type of illusion?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Doves to girl type illusion! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL