The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Rubber Band Novice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrX
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of MrX
I just saw a terrific rubberband routine done - there is an effect that looked very simple - two rubberbands passing through each other right in front of your eyes - what is the best rubberband book to get - Elastrix or Elastrix 2?

I'm not a complete beginner, but certainly a beginner in terms of elastics and rubberbands. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
I like Elastrix, definately take the time to learn the crazy man's handcuffs. Dan Harlan also has a set of rubber band videos. I have not personally seen them, but I hear they are fairly good.
erik
View Profile
New user
Bucks County, PA
90 Posts

Profile of erik
Quote:
On 2002-11-17 12:39, MrX wrote:
I just saw a terrific rubberband routine done - there is an effect that looked very simple - two rubberbands passing through each other right in front of your eyes -

The Dan Harlen videos are supposed to be really good, though I haven't seen them myself.

Michael Ammar's "classic Renditions #2" covers "Crazy Man's Handcuffs" CMH (and a couple others) CMH is a popular trick similar to what you describe. It is only available on VHS for now... He has a yahoo store Here!

I guess there is much more on the Harlen DVD's, since there are three on them!

cheers,

-erik Smile
DarkArts
View Profile
New user
Singapore
25 Posts

Profile of DarkArts
Oh yeah crazy man handcuff is really great. Seen it before on the internet. Well I didn't really bought any video to practice. Just browse through the internet and work on it Smile
Smile
"HuMaNs SeeKs MaGiC pOwEr WhIL3 EY lIve"
tla
View Profile
New user
Texas
65 Posts

Profile of tla
I agree with Eric. If you want to do Crazy Man's Handcuffs, one of the most visible impromptu penetrations ever conceived, study Ammar. I have his book The Magic of Micheal Ammar, which deals with all the subtleties of this effect.

Give CMH the time it deserves and it will serve you well. People will ask you to "do that again," which, with this effect, you can.

MrX,
You will also learn two other wonderful rubberband effects in Ammar's book: a broken and restored rubberband effect and an effect in which a finger ring is linked on and off a rubberband (Ring Band-it).
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
I've seen Ammar's Classic renditions with CMH. He explains the presentation very well.

regards,

dsnowmon
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
CMH can be downloaded from Penguin Magic @ Penguinmagic.com/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Elastrix 2 is much better. Elastrix 1 has a lot of "novelty" material, and Elastrix 2 has more rubber band magic.

-Travis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Rubber Band Novice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL