The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation Dilemma (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Hello, as the magician in an "acting group" I have been asked to levitate a person. I believe that they would like something around a yard off the ground, the levitation cannot have an elaborate set up. The best would be something that is "good to go" at any time. The budget is low so I have looked into building it myself. So far I have found 1 plan in Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia. Any low budget levitation ( under 100 USD ) suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, the angles are wide. Smile The weight of the person would be less than 110 pounds.

Christian
Tarbell!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Some form of Super X is probably going to be your best bet and that is a suspension. Do they expect you to "levitate" the individual in view, or can they be covered with a cloth? I can suggest one to you in a PM I used to do if they can be covered.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Is this to be performed within the context of a play? If so, you may be amazed at what a little cooperation with the set designer can accomplish in terms of concealment. What are the circumstances of the scene in which this is to be played?
If you can give as many details as you can about how the effect is supposed to be presented we may be able to come up with something for you that is just right.

Based on what we know thus far, the Mark Wilson suspension is probably an excellent place to start, although if the angles are wide that will be an issue with which you will have to deal.
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
The whole set must be set up in less than 1 minute, the skit is 8 minutes so every second is important. I will most likely have a foam back drop. If I think of anything else I'll tell you. Feel free to pm me Photius or anybody, unfortunatly I cannot update my email adress so here it is, christian.magical#gmail.com (replace the # with @, I did this to avoid spam) please do not email secrets to tricks (if you email at all) unless they are your own so we can respect the creaters.
Tarbell!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
The levitation will be a major part of the play but also very quick and simple.
Tarbell!
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Again, what are the details? Who are the characters? Who is levitating whom and why? What happens just before and just after the effect? Is it a comedy? A serious piece? Are there other people onstage besides the magician and the person floating? DETAILS!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I am not sure the genre but I beleive it is a comedy. There are a total of seven actors. I have no idea why they are levitating, I did not receive that information. I missed the script writing session. I feel like Chung Ling Soo's assistant, putting together/performing the illusion but having no idea how it works. Sorry I can't provide more details, I have no more :S
Tarbell!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Christian sent to that email, but it bounced as unknown recepient.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation Dilemma (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL