The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield's flying exposed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Dear Magic friends

I think that in these days the magic secrets have a short life and also I think that the magic bussiness will die step by step because all this world is up side down.
When will want to buy a big illusion you must think twice ...Almost in every week or month I heard about some magic exposed.Some days ago a friend of mine show me a lot of close-up tricks secrets from Penguin magic....i saw a lot of astonish close up ....I heard about a Tv rusian show about Copperfield revealed grand illusion.
So when will show a trick somewhere probably some peoples will told you that already know this trick and will show to the others.
I wish you good busines in magic but the days are countdown.
What you think about all these hurts for this art? How will perform further when other guys expose de magic?
What is the solution?????
Think you that the peoples come to magic show when already know the secrets???
I think not.
Wellcome to the end of magic days.
Sory for my english
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
This is from the same russian program..

okay but how many people other than magicians would go looking for this stuff?
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Penguin magic videos are available to the big file sharing community among with all the ellusioninst ones and many other DVD rips. But really... how many laymen know about Penguin Magic, have a computer, know how to use a p2p software, waste their time looking for the explanation of an effect, and then watch it?
I think that if they do it, they are interested in performing magic.. perhaps they are not ethical downloading online movies without buying them, but at least they are not total magic strangers.
For a man who knows how David flighs, or how you make a coin disappear, there are always thousands who don't know and for whom you can still perform without problems Smile

Dave
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Anyhow that is not a solution for keeping a secret in magic.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I agree but...

"the best secrets always get out" - paul Harris from Art of Astonishment.
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
I disagree - the secrets for most of Copperfields illusions are out there in the land of the Internet, yet people still flock to see his touring show.

Some people don't want to know the secrets, some people do, yet still they want to see for themselves.

Hell, I've seen flying live half a dozen times, I know exactly how it works - I've even seen the rig, but when in the theatre, in that atmosphere that is created, I beleived that David couold fly!
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Johannes - I also disagree. The secret of an effect is only a small part of what we do as magicians. If you spend enough time and energy coming up with a high quality show people will want to see you perform - even if they know the secrets. That's why so many magicians go to see David Copperfield. We know many of his secrets, yet he still entertains us. Just my opinion.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
I understand about a quality show like Copperfield but I think that you try to belive is not so bad what is happened on internet.
Not all magicians have a show like David not all magicians have a dancers a , ultimate props and expensive equipement like him,
If you want to perform something like Origami for example you will be lucky to have just origami and a kind of dancer ...you will not have the rest ...just with a lot of money and peoples will chose coperfield not you.I mean if I know the secret I will see a quality show with a lot of effects not just your illusion.
And is still a bad thing because the secret means a lot from a magic show...not all but is a very important part from a magic show.
Today guys like Blaine , Criss Angel, Cyril...etc produce a TV specials with a lot of Holywood effects on the street because the real impromptu magic hasn't the power to solve an effect like a levitation in the surounded crowd or to penetrate the glass from a store to remove a watch.
Maybe an ideea to solve the expose is to put your signature on a document beforre you buy great illusion and if you are nuts and expose to pay a lot in fact to haven't enoght money for that.
I know that today there is something like this but I would like to know for example how mutch payed Valentino for his very stupid expose?
Do not try to delude yourself.
Best Regards
Johannes
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Just for the record:
Not that I'm exactly a huge Blaine fan, but the "Jewelry store window penetration" was not a hollywood camera trick. Yes, it required incredibly expensive set-up, and no, it couldn't be done with just any old window, but if you were there, would that one have looked just as good as it did on T.V.? Yes.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
You said you got your secrets from a friend. Hopefully that friend was a magician friend. Well, in the old days, that is exactly how magic was taught.. from magician to magician. Today there seems to be a lot more magicians around, so you assumed that it was exposure. but really what you were subject to.. was the privy world of magicians in the know.

Everyday there are millions of babies being made for them to show up at a magic show and be amazed. I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Also, if you end up seeing how a trick is done, does it mean that you really understand all the working? Is there a step or two that you might have overlooked, and if so, would you be able to recreate that trick for all your friends to see you perform? I doubt it.

I think that it is just a natural way for all the easy tricks to be shuffled through our magic art, giving way to some truely magician effects that not everyone can do or knows how to do. Seeing some of the new stuff, well, there are some that are truely magicial. Take a performer like Cyril, who does his magic for all kinds of audiences in the streets. Most of it is old magic with a new spin.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT.

Nothing new under the sun as they say. It's what you do with it differently that will make you stand out.

Good luck to you and your magic.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Copperfields flying secret is exposed all over the net. Just take a look here ad see what I mean..lol

(I'm just kidding of course guys!!
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I tried to post the link and it says "its been stored in the database. If anyone knows how to post videos here and would like to see it, just please PM me)

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Links to exposure videos and such are not allowed here. Keep in mind, that there's a lot of lurkers and secret-hunters here as well, not just magicians.
Sent from my Typewriter
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
The friend who show me the tricks from penguin isn't a magician ...he is just a guy who like to watching me when I perform.
I know about Blaine tricks I spoke wrong about Holywood effects...I wanted to say that are a lot of arrangements to seem impromptu.
Maybe I have a litle paranoia Smile ...So is not so bad When you find exposure on net or when see it on Tv...I will tell you something ...please repeat a joke to a friend ...but not at every 5 minute ...just repeat a joke ...I know you will tell me that the magic isn't like jokes...
You have right about ...a lot of peoples have other business and they haven't time to search for secrets...but do not forgot we are in INFORMATIONAL CENTURY and today some peoples will know something about mirrors for example ...tommorow will know something for thin bases... and we will try maybe to hidde under the finger Smile.
Very very little ideas are completely new in magic because almost all new have just a new spin .
What is very clear is that the magic secrets isn't so securely and we all must to think what to do in future about that.
The amators don't afraid but real performers must to think seriously.
I would like to know how feel Copperfield about all TV Coperfield's magic Exposure ...or maybe you think that you have 30 or 40 age and during my life I will have all time to still perform some magic???
Best Regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield's flying exposed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL