The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Modern coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
I was looking on a magic website just now and came across a "new and updated" version of Bobos book.
It says that there are 4 new chapters and more tricks than the original.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the new chapters cover please?

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/BOOKS.26/New_Modern_Coin_Magic__ENLARGED_HARDBACK__EDITION_.34.
html?osCsid=76d0460d6e82d35de7d14882...
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
One of the chapters is on coin gaffs not mentioned in the previous chapter on the same topic. Interesting stuff. I'll have to consult the book for the other three.
-0-
View Profile
New user
London
58 Posts

Profile of -0-
Well, that's useful!

I was about to ask a similar question myself.

More importantly, if someone (like me) has the paperback, old edition (which I hear wasn't sanctioned by the author?), would it be worth while for me to get the new one as well?

For one things the new one I've only seen for about £35 (Sterling), so I'd like to be sure before I shell out that it's worth while.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,

-0-
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Get the new one! It's got lots more in it including Goshman and Slydini routines. I was in the same boat until a few years back...didn't know what I'd been missing out on!
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
This was also discussed recently here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=41
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I enjoying having both. I can be casual about where I take the paperback and how I use it. Except for marginal notes, it would be easy to repalce. The hardcover is needed to get about 160 more pages of instructions that are, on the average, even better than the first material!
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Boydy,
If you you have the old version you can find the password and enter "The Bobo Community Project" and compare. It includes the new chapters and thier contents.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Modern coin magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL