The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Think a Drink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Before I spent that much, I'd like to know why this version
is better than one I could do with a kettle from Walmart.

Thom
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 22:03, Thom Bliss wrote:
Before I spent that much, I'd like to know why this version
is better than one I could do with a kettle from Walmart.

Thom

This version you actually pour real tasting drinks, that the audience members taste, it is not just colored water. That is what you are paying for, not just a kettle.
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
Be careful, Thom, this is not the place for exposure. If you know the act, you'll know why the price is what it is.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I'll stick with the kettle. It's a good opener with the blooming flower. You pour water from refilling lota bowl into kettle. Grow some flowers of same color, pluck them, put them in kettle and pour out that color. Do flowers of second color, and then third. It's a lovely opener to good music (I use Billy Holiday). The problem is that it doesn't really have much of an ending . . . Can anyone help me out with some sort of climax or different and heightened effect at the end?
McIntyreMagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
88 Posts

Profile of McIntyreMagic
Is Steves kettle still in the market?
John McIntyre
My website: http://mcintyremagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
This is where being an old geezer (with a fairly good memory) gets a chance to throw in a name.

When I was a very young magician, THINK A DRINK HOFFMAN featured this act. I never saw him work, but I vaguely remembers some legal "battles" over "the" act.

I also vaguely remember BURLING HULL (or "HURLING BULL") as he was sometimes called, doing the act.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, McIntyreMagic wrote:
Is Steves kettle still in the market?

I did a quick search, and did not find it on Stevens site or Kellar O'Neill "The Southern Charmer" website. I suggest you contact Kellar O'Neill for the answer to your question if you are prepared to order one at the $7,000.00 price.

It was posted that Nick Wagner was the builder and he may still be willing to build one for a paid in advance order.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
That expensive tea kettle that Bill mentioned will pour out different drinks--but you still need the "right" audience volunteers to name the precise drinks that are already inside the kettle.

There are basically only two ways to do this effect: You can either pour out fake drinks that approximate the named drink and switch them out for the real McCoys as in Steinmeyer's method, or you could have the "right" volunteers name the correct drinks that are already inside the kettle.

There is a third alternative that I prefer: You could have the container filled with half a dozen of the currently most popular alcoholic beverages. I would grab a notepad and discuss this with several bartenders to get an idea of the most popular drinks these days.

During the performance at the adult venue, a request is made for a drink. If all works well, the named drink should be in the container. After the 1st drink is poured out and tasted, the magi can simply suggest another popular drink and continue pouring out different drinks instead of asking for more called drinks.
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Forget Kellar o'Neill. His kettle is a piece of ****. There is only one builder for the magic kettle and it is Nick Wenger.
Why I know this? Because I was so stupid and ordered one kettle from Kellar. Now I have 2 from Nick and both are perfect.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry I got Nick's last name wrong, it is Nick Wenger.

He has the Kettle on his website for $2,000.00.

http://nickwengermagic.com/Whats%20New.html
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Did Barry And Stuart do a any drink called for on one of tehir specials.
NOT the one with the mask and spitting it but a a more traditional version but still well done? For some reason I recall them being outdoors when doing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Think a Drink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL