The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Electronic Grymoire » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
You have mentioned the EG in reference to the genesis of Anders Moden's Soda Resurrection, aka Healed and Sealed.

I was a member many moons ago, about 5 email addresses ago. I checked a website within the last year, and discovered that is it no longer taking memberships. I have no idea how to go about getting my old one reinstated, since the record of my email address may have been permanently deleted.

I was wondering how the list is doing. I remember printing all the archives I could and binding them in folders that have been buried somewhere in my vast library (nonmagical) for too long now. Hearing a reference to the EG reminds me of the early days of the internet, when listservs were a major godsend. Well before the term "blog" and even the high-production values of a great site like the Café. It was just a plain text email digest. Ah, the 90s. (I realize that to the true BB aficianados, the 90s are hardly the "early days" of anything, but for mass usage, that was the case.)

Has the existence of the Café, and other forum based websites put a dent in the EG? Or has it become a great place for exclusivity with little risk of public exposure, like we face on easy to find public forums?
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
I'm really not sure. I still get the EG almost every day but I must admit I don't tend to read it as thoroughly as I used to. No disrespect to Bruce Barnett because he does a FANTASTIC job in running it, but I do think there are now more forums in need of content than there is content to go round!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Electronic Grymoire » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL