The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Twilight
View Profile
New user
UK
24 Posts

Profile of Twilight
What advice would you give someone who was interested in doing street magic?
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Don't get struck by lightning on the street!

No seriously, this section in the forum has so many posts, that I would just keep reading. It has what effects are good and many practice tips.

I think that once you have the right effects down, have practiced them to the point that you do them flawlessly, and have a great routine/patter ready to go, that the next thing is how to approach the people on the street.

There are disucssions with this, as well. I will PM you with some of those threads.

Good Luck, Bob.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Just be yourself!!

Here's to success Smile
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Ask yourself why you want to do it. Is it to pretend that you are like someone you saw on television? (Someone who, incidentally, doesn't really walk up to strangers and ask them if they want to see some magic, except in the context of taping his television special.) Do you want to make money at it? If it's the latter, you should leave this forum and start reading in the Buskers forum on this board.
scrivomcdivo
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, United Kingdom
61 Posts

Profile of scrivomcdivo
I think, from a new magicians point of view and so, a member of the publics point of view (if that makes sense), people like to see tricks that are just impromptu and that they are not expecting. If you walk down the street, you'd never imagine you'd see somebody floating in the air. I think it has to be spare-of-the-moment and magic with everyday objects that people would have on their person.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL