The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Okay Guys,

The scene is set. You're at the dinner table, everyone is relaxed and you have 10 minutes to show the (lay) audience an entertaining routine with cards. What will you show them?

Personally, I like to start with a spectator-picks-the aces type effect (using Derek Dingle's No Lap Switch), a quick Twisting The Aces (Vernon) then Michael Vincent's version of Henry Christ's Fabulous 4 Ace Trick. After that, I go into a quick pseudo-gambling presentation with Easy Ace Estimation from Paul Gordon's excellent book Nocturnal Creations. I usually finish with a quick Matrix routine using the aces, or perhaps an ace assembly.

It's not the most technically demanding routine I know, but plays well. There is a good combination of fairly easy sleights and "self working" revelations.

So, what about you?

Best regards.
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Don't everyone answer at once...
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
While I'm not familiar with all of those, it sounds like a tight, well-rounded set.

I'm curious about your Fab 4 Aces, tho. The version I use (from Ammar's ETM Card Miracles) uses a "Razzle Dazzle" cut to reveal the final ace. Despite mucho practice, I just cannot get that to look smooth. Ammar suggests a slip cut as an alternate, but it seems to me that last one should be a more "spectacular" finale.

What do you use?
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Oh... I forgot your question.... duh!

I like to mix things up, so I don’t often do all cards, but if that’s all I’m doing, I’d do Eason’s Impossible Opener, Ammar’s Another Amazing Coincidence (quickie ace assembly), Fab 4 Aces, and, depending on venue, either Fearson’s Card On Ceiling or Sankey’s Unclipped as the finale. I hate to trust an unfamiliar ceiling! Smile But I prefer that one, if I’m at home.
JDmagic
View Profile
New user
Georgia
7 Posts

Profile of JDmagic
If I were in the situation, I'd probably break out the Strangers Gallery Gimmick. After that, I would do a few ace routines, such as Emt, Virginia City Shuffle, there are a few more I don't know the names though. they are on Ammars videos. Also a couple of ambitious card routines, Lee Asher has a really good one that I use. Then I'd wolf down some food!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
I use a couple of different endings for the Fab 4 Ace trick. Michael Vincent (a brilliant UK magaician) has a fantastic ending where the spectator thinks he has his hands on the first 3 aces, and the last one is under the hand of the magician. It ends up that the cards transpose - the magician has all three aces and the spectator is left with the last ace. It really is a jaw dropper from the audience point of view.

An ending I use quite a lot is that I’ll ask the spectator to try and see if he can pick the last ace out of the deck himself, he fails, I’ll then top change his card for the last ace and reveal it. I like this ending as it’s not too difficulat to pull off. I know what you mean about the razzle dazzle cut, it does take practice to master properly.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Hmmmm...now I’ll have to brush up my top change and try that! Thanx.
dai_vernon
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of dai_vernon
cool idea
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL