The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tv commercials and the Svengali deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I thought the enron chairman said that.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Enron? Now that is funny.
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
In many poor countries (and some not so poor) you have people whos "Business" is making, demonstrating and selling Sven Decks. shortening cards by hand.

It is so interesting to see this trick all over the world in so many market places.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 17:07, Hushai wrote:
Has anyone ever actually SEEN anyone performing with TV Magic Cards, besides on the old commercials on television? They are marked "TV Magic Cards" on their backs, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot them. Obviously they sell. But, do you know of anyone who uses them in performance, even to family and friends?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Back when T.V. Magic Cards were really popular an enterprising Magic Dealer actually had stickers printed to fit a regular card box that said T.V. Magic Cards--the gag was to do your regular card miracles with a regular deck and when someone asked how you did it, you turned over the box showing the T.V. Magic Cards label. Of course, it was always most enjoyable when someone who know the secret to T.V. Magic Cards would knowingly examine the deck or even better try to do a T.V. Magic Cards trick with the deck and have no success.

Magicians as a group have a STRANGE sense of humor!

Julie
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 17:07, Hushai wrote:
Has anyone ever actually SEEN anyone performing with TV Magic Cards, besides on the old commercials on television? They are marked "TV Magic Cards" on their backs, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot them. Obviously they sell. But, do you know of anyone who uses them in performance, even to family and friends?

I obviously wouldn't use the card box. But you know, the deck itself was well made and the back design didn't look suspicious. If I still had mine (and I just might, at that!) I'd use it!

Joe L.
San Antonio
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
I definitely remember these commercials from my youth (and already had had a Svengali deck purchased from a local magic/novelty shop so even as a kid I recognized them for what they were). So I never bought the TV version because I already had a sven deck of bikes. I did buy the little black plastic card box with which you could mysteriously cause a card to appear/disappear/change Smile Not sure if it was put out by the same guy but I believe it was advertised on TV in around the same timeframe.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
This weekend I saw the "TV Magic" cards at Target. Not just a Sven deck. But the actual TV Magic cards. They are now called Marshall Brodiens Magic Cards. And up in the corner of the package it said "The original TV Magic Cards" with the old TV Magic Cards logo. They also had his "Mystery Deck" (can't remember if that was the actual name) which I believe is a stripper deck.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Gregory The Great
View Profile
New user
Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Gregory The Great
Not on TV but still for sale!

I have seen a Svengali deck for sale at a dollar store. They are not bikes but it's what you can buy with a buck!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I used to have TV Magic Cards when I was a kid -- I think someone bought them for me and I never really used them much. They did have "TV Magic Cards" in red and white on the box. I've never really cared for the Svengali deck because I associate it too much with those Marshall Brodien tv commercials.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-05-27 23:39, jlibby wrote:
[
I obviously wouldn't use the card box. But you know, the deck itself was well made and the back design didn't look suspicious. If I still had mine (and I just might, at that!) I'd use it!

Joe L.
San Antonio

The back design on my deck of TV Magic Cards has a little circle in the center with the words "TV Magic" in it. The words would be pretty hard for the casual spectator to read, I guess, and the design is not unattractive and looks not unlike other off-brand decks. But, to anyone who is familiar with these cards, they stand out. They're obviously not Bicycles! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tv commercials and the Svengali deck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL