The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » No .txt cookie for the Magic Café yet it logs on automatically » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deuces
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
63 Posts

Profile of deuces
I've seen the other treads regarding message indicators not working (ie: solution is to delete the cookies to reinitialze). But I wasn't able to find the .txt cookie file for anything that had the word the Magic Café on it (I even looked at all the ones with magic in the text but no luck). I was looking at
windows/cookies and saw all my other cookies from other sites.

I have IE 6 and I even turned security to allow all cookies. I can revisit this site no problem and it recognizes me as still logged in (close browser, and relog in)... this mean the cookies are working right? But none of my indicators work now ever since the Christmas graphics have gone up. Any other suggestions?
"Hockey eh?"
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
"themagccafe"

I assume that was a typo in your message? It's misspelled ("themagiccafe"). If that's what you searched for in your cookies, then it wouldn't be found there either. Searching for this will yield better results:

afe.com/forums

I know it looks strange, but searching for that will find the right cookie. If you find nothing with that then post again.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
deuces
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
63 Posts

Profile of deuces
oops yeah sorry that was a typo, I did do a search on themagiccafe and afe.com/forums

still nothing there...

no where to be found in any of my drives either. looking at my cookies log, I even see it supposedly accepted cookies when I view topics like:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php? <whatever I viewed>

but still all my indicators show every message since Dec. 6th as unread.
"Hockey eh?"
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
That's very strange. All I can suggest is to try searching for other things also held in the cookie, like these two:

LastVisit
afe_autologin

Other than that I'm out of suggestions. It's got to be somewhere though. Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
you are looking for the wrong file.

your cookie is held in..
"c:windowscookies" folder as "forum[1].txt"
and
"C:WINDOWSTemporary Internet Filesforum.txt"

NOT with magic in the title.

if you open/edit, this file you will see that this is what you are after.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Good point, wayman - I didn't notice that.

dueces, were you only looking for files "named" with those things? If so, you need to search for files "containing text", as the words you're searching for will be inside the files, not in the file names.

BTW wayman, the file name can just as easily be forum[2].txt or forum[3].txt - the number is simply incremented for duplicity reasons. That's where the problem usually comes in - multiple cookies.
deuces
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
63 Posts

Profile of deuces
DOH!! sorry for the confusion yes i just realized also that you were talking about inside the text. Though for some reason the cookie started working today and after some searching i found the cookie under form[3].txt

Nonetheless i deleted the cookies just to make sure and started all over again and i think it's working. Thanks for the help Gene and Wayman
"Hockey eh?"
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
There we go then - good deal! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » No .txt cookie for the Magic Café yet it logs on automatically » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL