The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Locking $1.35 presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
Does anyone have any interesting ideas for presenting the locking $1.35? Every time I think about it my mind draws a blank....
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I always do a math type presentation. I start off by asking the spectators how much the total coins add up to be on the table. They will say $1.35. Then I place the half dollar in my hand and ask the spectators to add up the remaining coins on the table. They will say 85 cents. Then I place the quarter in my hand and ask the spectators how much the total is on the remaining coins on the table. They will say 65 cents. Then I tell them they are very good in adding numbers.

Then I place the dime in my hand and ask the spectators what the total sum of coins in my hand is. They will say 85 cents. I again tell them they are great mathmaticians. There is one remaining coin on the table which I pick up the other half dollar and place in my hand. I then inform the spectators that for some strange reason the numbers don't add the same when I remove the coins from my hand and lay them back on the table.

I remove the half dollar from my hand and lay it back on the table. I ask the spectators what the total sum is of the coins in my hand. They will say 85 cents. I open my hand and tell them that's what I was talking about. The coins don't add up the same when I remove them from my hand.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Curtis Kam offers a good one in his lecture. In this say of hype and junk... better to say that what he offers is SPECIAL and I was happy to see it performed.

Mine is not in print but if asked in private and under promise to keep it secret... it's available.

And of course there is the writup in Bobo's.

And yes you can use the gaff as a vanish method for all but the last coin in a vesion of Ramsay's Cylinder and Coins or similar effect say a coins across done at the fingertips or a coins through table.

;)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
If you can find a copy of my book, "Deceptions in Paradise" there's a presentation for the 21 cent trick that could work for your set, with a little clever tinkering on your part. I once used it to fool a room full of scientists.

While you're prowling the net for older books, you might want to find John Mendoza's "Book of John, Verse 2". There's a routine by Mary Wolf in there that makes the $1.35 a showpiece for a formal sit-down show.

And my favorite presentation (which will take mucho digging for the text and the props) is in Kaballa, I think. The coins are taken from a purse, which is then examined by the spectators. The coins are placed back in one at a time, and a half removed. The half changes to a gold half. When the spectators look in the purse, all the others are gold, too. All examinable at the end, but count your change when they're through. I hope Paul Chosse will correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall it's by Roland Hamblen and it's called "The Midas Touch"? It was the inspiration for Scotty York's famous "Goldfinger" routine.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
Thanks for all your replies!!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
And my favorite presentation (which will take mucho digging for the text and the props) is in Kaballa, I think. The coins are taken from a purse, which is then examined by the spectators. The coins are placed back in one at a time, and a half removed. The half changes to a gold half. When the spectators look in the purse, all the others are gold, too. All examinable at the end, but count your change when they're through

Arrrgggghhhhhhhhh...Curtis...shhhhhhhh

Mike
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Oh, come on Mike, no one will bother with that. First they have to find the issue of Kabballa, then they have to read it. Next, they need the coins, and finally, it requires some practice! That's an awful lot of work for a mere $1.35 worth of magic, don't you think?

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
In Sid Fleischman's book "The Charlatan's Handbook" he has a funny presentation for his routine "The World Famous Coin swallowing Act".

Curtis you were close at least according to Scotty's instructions it was Roland Hurley's routine from Kaballa. Scotty's purpose was to eliminate the use of the $1.35 gaff.

Now to find that issue of Kaballa Smile

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Locking $1.35 presentation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL