The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2006 entrée: Sylvester the Jester » » What is an idiot warrior? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Maybe a stupid question, but what is an idiot warrior?
You mentioned this phrase at the South Shields convention, 2004.

All the best,
Norn
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Profile of Sylvester the Jester
An idiot warrior. Is a phrase I came up with which discribes a character engeged in the creative process. He is a warrior because he is fearless, relentless, and untiring. He appears to be an idiot because he makes blunder after blunder, mistake after mistake and thinks in a contrary way. But he only appears to be an idiot to the observers around him who do not undrestand that mistakes and blunders are more important than success. Because they are very often the discovery of something new. He's going this idiotic way and though others may see him as lost, he is at home in his element of chaos. A chaos much like that of Oringal Creation.

The idiot warrior goes to this chaotic place and in fact it goes with him because he carries it in his head at all times.

Creativity is a kind of order. When order comes from order, there is very little
change and the end results may be indistinguisable from it predecessor. But Order from chaos is like totaly begining anew.

Is that any better?

Dan Sylvester
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Yes, perfect.
I can do the blundering... creativity is slower!

Thanks for taking the time.

Norn
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Profile of Sylvester the Jester
I could have given the one word answer.

..."Me!"

Dan Sylvester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2006 entrée: Sylvester the Jester » » What is an idiot warrior? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL