The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2006 entrée: Danny Archer » » Lecture » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Danny, I attended your lecture in Sacramento, CA some years ago.

Not only was your lecture entertaining and full of great magic,
but it showed me that I should, could, and needed to do more than magic on the padded surface of a table if I wanted to be successful.

I don't think I really knew who I was as a performer until I stood up, and started getting people on stage with me.

So it turns out your lecture was one of the most influential I've attended. I got a lot of inspration from your show that evening and I wanted to personally thank you.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Frank,

Thanks so much for your very kind words … one of the underlying themes of that lecture was :How to make your magic play big …

Some of my favorite effects are tricks that I can do for one person, a small crowd or for 700 people …

The act that I did at the Magi Fest for a crowd of 800+ was identical to the act I do at the Magic Castle in the Parlor for 56 people …

As entertainers, it is our job to select and perfect effects that can be seen and understood by audiences of various sizes …

Its comments like yours Frank that make all the time spent creating and lecturing worthwhile …
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Danny lectured in Waterloo, Ontario a few months back.

The lecture was great. Fun, entertaining, & informative.

(I LOVED the trick with the bag full of quarters).

As Frank mentions, all the things Danny perfomed can be done standing up, without much need for a table.

I hope he comes back to Ontario someday!
tjo'
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey TJ,

Ontario was a blast! ... looking forward to returning one day ...
MD Long
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
3 Posts

Profile of MD Long
Danny,
I was fortunate to see you perform and lecture last year at the Midwest Magic Jubilee. (It just happened to be my first magic convention.) I loved how your "Big Bill" routine played in the room. I also very much enjoyed your "tough guy" character--since I'd never seen you perform before, you had me very much fooled! Anyway, thanks for helping to make my first convention a memorable experience. (And thanks for the lecture notes!)
Michael
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Yo Mike,

I had a great time at the Jubilee . .. sorry I can't make it this year ... thanks for your kind comments on my act and lecture ...

I'm hoping after this week as the Guest of Honor that my hat will still fit! ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2006 entrée: Danny Archer » » Lecture » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL