The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Brass Gag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
I have ordered a Copper Silver Brass set in Morgan Dollars and will be using it professionally, I am going to use the John Bannon routine but want to start by having the regular coins in a coin purse and having them examined then switch in the gimmick, this will not only improve the trick (I think) but will automatically reset aswell. My question is, can any one think of a good line/gag to cover going to my pocket to switch at the start, I thought something like "would you be impressed if I could make these coins vanish" then go into pocket and switch.
I am sure someone could think of a better line. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
I never did CSB professionally, but whenever I demo'd it, I would hand out the three normal coins, and have the gimmick in my pocket. I would say "Now, if I put the half in my pocket, and leave the copper coin and chinese coin in my hand, do you know what happens?" I would open my hand and say "Absolutely nothing" and under the albeit poor humor, I would just take the gimmicked half out leaveing the normal half in my pocket.

It was a very plain jane CSB routine, but it gets the switch done.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
That's the way the owner does it here. I've never really been a fan of putting the coin in your pocket, since you don't do it for every phase. Dan Watkins has a great handling of CSB on his Coin Man Walking video.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
DOc Eason has it on His DVD's. That is how I do it. Basically the gimmie part of the trick.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Chris,
The best C/S/B routine I've seen and practised and performed for friends ( in my opinion) is Cody Fisher's Real World Copper Silver Brass from his DVD. The switching in of the gimmick is excellent. Some very nice visual changes as well and you're not tipping the fact that you have extra coins in play. Dan Watkins routine is also very nice. Well constucted. See Dan's website for his thoughts on Cody's routine.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I would use a sleeve, a palm to palm switch and a topit. Don't want to go into to much detail but I'm sure you can figure out what I'm implying p.m if interested and don't get my cryptic clue. This is the approach I use if I ever need to switch a coin. I usualy do this with a bent coin.

I used to do the doc eason routine but during a "bart"mitzvar.... that is a simpsons themed barmitzvar for those interested. the gimmick got stuck and I've never replaced it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Get Doc Eason or Paul Green's routines. OR switch to Poker Chip Surprise from http://www.porperoriginals.com (comes complete with a switch purse)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you want to do CSB with a purse, you might check out Jim Lewis's "Foreign Exchange," taught on his Million Dollar Mysteries video. Spectators can handle the coins at the start and end of the trick. There are three very magical phases, one being a visual change done with just a wave of the hand.

Cheers,
Jerry
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Thanks Guy's, to be honest I like the Bannon routine, the only thing I wanted to change was he starts with the gimmick in play and I want to start and finish clean, so all I was really looking for was a line/gag to cover switching in the gimmick in the first place.Any Ideas???
luismagic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of luismagic
James Lewis has one of the best versions of CSB on his Million Dollar Mysteries video. It envolves a coin purse. It is well worth checking out.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
That video has a lot of great material.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I agree with Luismagic. I am glad that I saw his post otherwise this would have been a waste of a post and you would have just been re-reading his post in mine. Thank goodness, would not want to waste your time. hahaha

Get James Lewis' video. The switch on there is GOLD! Not to mention the coins tru table. PURE GOLD!

C
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
Kurtz's TRIO IN THREE. One of the best CSB routine I've seen.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

I have found what I was looking for and it wasn't a gag, I was given by a friend a Larry Becker purse, which is normally used for mentalism routines, however I have put together my routine so that it uses the purse and the spectator has the ungimmicked coins in their hands at the end, and I can reset in front of them.

If anyone would like to know more feel free to e-mail or PM me.

Thanks for all the help.Smile
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Kurtz's Trio-in-Three is an excellent routine but cannot be done with a CSB set. It requires a 2 copper-silver set.

Though I've a friend who can do it with a CSB with some clever modifications and black art.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Where can one find Million Dollar Mysteries by James Lewis?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-08-04 14:39, Spydur wrote:
Get James Lewis' video. The switch on there is GOLD! Not to mention the coins tru table. PURE GOLD!

Not a regular table.....a glass table!...Great routines, and a Magic Castle performance by Lewis.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-08-19 15:15, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Where can one find Million Dollar Mysteries by James Lewis?

GOOGLE pointed me here....owner is a Café' member Smile

http://theambitiouscard.com/mSearchResul......GO=GO%21
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi there,

My friend use CSB professionally

He's a member of the Café his nick is Dean A

and his routine is original from him....

Hope this help

cheers
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The roots of CSB go to Connie Haden and just the plain vanilla, original is a KILLER... and so are many of the variations... BECAUSE the basic idea is a miracle and hats off to Haden (see his original way in Bobo's Modern Coin Magic).

I was fortunate enough to see him demonstrate it personally and it fooled the wee outta mee... bought it on the spot.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Brass Gag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL